PDA

View Full Version : SloMo defenders

Dawgfan77
04-26-2019, 09:56 AM
I know y?all out there. There is a million page thread of you all arguing with each other about SloMo. Take your Maroon colored glasses off and understand Cohn had a chance to make a hire from the Myer/Mullen tree or like and he blew it. We had three...3 first rounders and we could have two more go today. We won 8 games with what may have been the most talented team in our history. We had an anemic offense that was supposed to be revolutionary. And we scored 3 on LSU and 0 on Bama and 7 at UK.

Just try to understand what we have is a problem at the HC position. Hell even the spring game was a shit show.

RezDog7
04-26-2019, 09:58 AM
You are so stupid.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 10:00 AM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/946/19946/86045.gif

Jack Lambert
04-26-2019, 10:04 AM
The man has only been coach one season. Being a Moorhead defender is being a positive State Fan. If he sucks it up then yes be negative but shit one season? Hell some of you are typical candy ass State Fans.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Being a Moorhead defender is being a positive State Fan
That's debatable. There are tons here that completely destroy fitz to take all blame off Moorhead.

basedog
04-26-2019, 10:12 AM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/946/19946/86045.gif

So so true!!

BayouDawg
04-26-2019, 10:12 AM
I hope we dont go the route of comparing every coach we have from here on out to Dan. We have to move on from Dan. Dan chose to leave. Quit acting like a bunch of junior high girls still obsessed over their X. Yall are better than that.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 10:14 AM
If joe gets us to 6-7 wins with a competent offense, I'll be back on board.

deadheaddawg
04-26-2019, 10:16 AM
I know y?all out there. There is a million page thread of you all arguing with each other about SloMo. Take your Maroon colored glasses off and understand Cohn had a chance to make a hire from the Myer/Mullen tree or like and he blew it. We had three...3 first rounders and we could have two more go today. We won 8 games with what may have been the most talented team in our history. We had an anemic offense that was supposed to be revolutionary. And we scored 3 on LSU and 0 on Bama and 7 at UK.

Just try to understand what we have is a problem at the HC position. Hell even the spring game was a shit show.

Why do you even care about football. Its clear you have no idea how it works. You are ignorant and clueless. Why even try to talk about something so far above your mental capabilities?

Find a new hobby. Like shutting up

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2019, 10:29 AM

So, like last year, continuing to achieve at about the same level as his predecessor?

basedog
04-26-2019, 10:29 AM

If you are true maroon then why would you ever leave? Bye, hope you find your dream team**

msstate7
04-26-2019, 10:35 AM
So, like last year, continuing to achieve at about the same level as his predecessor?

If Moorhead is equal to Mullen, we made a good hire

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 10:36 AM
That's debatable. There are tons here that completely destroy fitz to take all blame off Moorhead.

Fitz was selfish and could only throw dead ducks or flaming bricks. We didn't have a QB on the bench better than him. That's on your boy Mullen not Moorhead.

For Mullen to be this offensive guru he didn't leave Moorhead much to work with.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Fitz was selfish and could only throw dead ducks or flaming bricks. We didn't have a QB on the bench better than him. That's on your boy Mullen not Moorhead.

For Mullen to be this offensive guru he didn't leave Moorhead much to work with.

Funny you say that... we bragged all offseason about how loaded the QB position was. Now it's no talent there

ETA... fitz was a top 20 nationally qb in qbr both his previous years. We had 2 4-star QBs on the bench

msstate7
04-26-2019, 10:45 AM
If the offense doesn't work this year, beware Stevens or key, you will receive all the blame. Moorhead must be protected at all costs

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Funny you say that... we bragged all offseason about how loaded the QB position was. Now it's no talent there

ETA... fitz was a top 20 nationally qb in qbr both his previous years. We had 2 4-star QBs on the bench

Moorhead recruited ZERO of those QBs. Fitz had two offers and Moorhead wouldn't have offered him a QB position at Penn State.

Moorhead's offense is QB reliant. He is Moorhead's extension on the field. Fitz could not fill that role. And we all knew Fitz's passing ability was suspect. Put him in a pass heavy offense and it becomes a big liability.

RezDog7
04-26-2019, 11:01 AM
If the offense doesn't work this year, beware Stevens or key, you will receive all the blame. Moorhead must be protected at all costs

So you think Fitz was a great QB? Look, I love the guy and what he did for MSU, but stop acting like he was crushing until Moorhead came along and screwed it up. And I don't think any of us are defending Moorhead. There's blame to go around for everyone, including the fans for having ridiculous expectations when we had a brand new coaching staff.

Can you truthfully tell me that you would want Mullen fired if he'd gone 8-5 this year while looking for a new job again?

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Moorhead recruited ZERO of those QBs. Fitz had two offers and Moorhead wouldn't have offered him a QB position at Penn State.

Moorhead's offense is QB reliant. He is Moorhead's extension on the field. Fitz could not fill that role. And we all knew Fitz's passing ability was suspect. Put him in a pass heavy offense and it becomes a big liability.

Moorhead didn't recruit them so they aren't talented. Got it.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:04 AM
So you think Fitz was a great QB? Look, I love the guy and what he did for MSU, but stop acting like he was crushing until Moorhead came along and screwed it up. And I don't think any of us are defending Moorhead. There's blame to go around for everyone, including the fans for having ridiculous expectations when we had a brand new coaching staff.

Can you truthfully tell me that you would want Mullen fired if he'd gone 8-5 this year while looking for a new job again?

8-5 with this team is a huge fail no matter the coach.

DownwardDawg
04-26-2019, 11:04 AM

I really don’t think this is the case 7. Moorhead should not be protected. But he should be given a chance. A real chance. Many of us thought we were loaded at the QB position because we were picturing Mullins offense. Not something new.

But in all fairness, I certainly didn’t expect us to look as bad as we did last year on offense. I certainly hope it truly was a personnel issue, but only time will tell. Those that support Moorhead, like myself, will also turn against him if we see he can’t get it done with players that better fit his system.

smootness
04-26-2019, 11:06 AM
And we all knew Fitz's passing ability was suspect. Put him in a pass heavy offense and it becomes a big liability.

Then Moorhead should have seen it, too.

You think you're indicting Fitz or Mullen or the talent left here. But you're actually indicting Moorhead.

RezDog7
04-26-2019, 11:08 AM
I really don?t think this is the case 7. Moorhead should not be protected. But he should be given a chance. A real chance. Many of us thought we were loaded at the QB position because we were picturing Mullins offense. Not something new.

But in all fairness, I certainly didn?t expect us to look as bad as we did last year on offense. I certainly hope it truly was a personnel issue, but only time will tell. Those that support Moorhead, like myself, will also turn against him if we see he can?t get it done with players that better fit his system.

This is the truth. I'm willing give him a little more time. I also have the ability to realize that he still won 8 games, and a couple of dropped passes from 10. You all act like he only won 5.

RezDog7
04-26-2019, 11:09 AM

You think you're indicting Fitz or Mullen or the talent left here. But you're actually indicting Moorhead.

Yeah, because Fitz dominated Bama, UGA and Auburn last year running the ball. Got it.

MrKotter
04-26-2019, 11:10 AM

That?s what these ?fire slomo? dumbshits don?t grasp. QBs that can?t throw for shit (including KT) and WRs that aren?t very good yet these idiots keep screaming how ?slomo? was left a team to compete for the west. On defense, yes. On offense, give me a damn break.

Scared_Hitless
04-26-2019, 11:11 AM
First I am a Moorhead defender, I think he is a good man with good character. To trash him based on your perceived perceptions of last years team is a joke. He did nothing that would take me off the bandwagon as I saw limitations with last years team that showed up heavily against good competition. Now is he perfect? Well I think the answer to that is NO, he did not adjust in the UK game which I think we could have won with an Auburn style attack. We were two dropped passes from 10-3. Looking at you Osiris and Guidry but that is the job take the lumps. He has taken the fall for his team every chance he has and never threw a player under the bus.

I do not think he is an apparent upgrade over Mullen, but hell people wanted him run out of town until he left. Then everyone wants him back. Joe has shown the ability to connect and recruit at a decent level so we are not going to drop off a cliff talent wise (Good Thing). He has shown to be able to score and beat teams we are on better than (a Mullen Specialty) and he shit kicked Ole Miss at their house and told them to jump off a cliff when they started some shit after the game. The fanbase is not giving him a chance no matter who was the coach last year we were not winning a SEC or National title so what does it really matter we went 8-5?

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Moorhead didn't recruit them so they aren't talented. Got it.

Fitz was a QB only b/c Mullen is the QB Whisperer. He left Moorhead with a group of QBs ready to run his offense not Joe's. Get a grip.

Relardo Sidney
04-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Sweet another whining about Moorhead thread

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:20 AM

Moorhead had to play the cards he was dealt. I think the inept offense speaks ill of Mullen more than anything. He was an offensive guru, the QB Whisperer; yet the offense couldn't even pick up a new offensive scheme other teams had only moderate difficulty picking up.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Moorhead had to play the cards he was dealt. I think the inept offense speaks ill of Mullen more than anything. He was an offensive guru, the QB Whisperer; yet the offense couldn't even pick up a new offensive scheme other teams had only moderate difficulty picking up.

Moorhead said no one picked his offense up faster. Why do you insist on trashing our players?

Liverpooldawg
04-26-2019, 11:22 AM
8-5 with this team is a huge fail no matter the coach.

That's insane.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:22 AM
Moorhead said no one picked his offense up faster. Why do you insist on trashing our players?

Why do you insist on being a dumbass.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:24 AM
All this bailing on Moorhead after one year is bullshit. As fans and supporters of the university we should be better than that.

This man is NOT Sly Croom. C'mon!

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Why do you insist on being a dumbass.

Maybe I'm a miss state offensive football player since they all too dumb to play for Moorhead, eh?

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Maybe I'm a miss state offensive football player since they all too dumb to play for Moorhead, eh?

No you're just a prick. But I'll cut you some slack.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:27 AM
I'm out this thread gets us nowhere but pissed off.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:29 AM
I'm out this thread gets us nowhere but pissed off.

Why does this piss you off? I love the back-and-forth, but this never gets me upset

HoopsDawg
04-26-2019, 11:29 AM
All this bailing on Moorhead after one year is bullshit. As fans and supporters of the university we should be better than that.

This man is NOT Sly Croom. C'mon!

I agree that it is just as crazy to be done with Moorhead at this point as it is to believe in him. This season should tell us all we need to know.

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Why does this piss you off? I love the back-and-forth, but this never gets me upset

I hate getting into internet stuff. I'd much rather we all meet up BWW in Flowood and drink some beer and bitch.

But like I posted in the other thread if Stevens comes in and it's still a piss poor offense like last year I'll be off the Moorhead bandwagon. If he can't get his guy to make this offense hum we are screwed.

msstate7
04-26-2019, 11:32 AM
I hate getting into internet stuff. I'd much rather we all meet up BWW in Flowood and drink some beer and bitch.

But like I posted in the other thread if Stevens comes in and it's still a piss poor offense like last year I'll be off the Moorhead bandwagon. If he can't get his guy to make this offense hum we are screwed.

You're trying to lure me to a bar in flowood to kick my butt, aren't you? Haha

TrapGame
04-26-2019, 11:35 AM
You're trying to lure me to a bar in flowood to kick my butt, aren't you? Haha

You're on to me.**

StateDawg44
04-26-2019, 12:29 PM

It's kinda hard to predict something that doesn't typically happen. Yeah, we all predicted to be loaded at the QB position only to find out our star QB who we held to our standard, severely regressed. MSU fans weren't the only people high on Fitz only to be let down last year.

It's hard to say there is or isn't talent there currently because of the sample size. Anyone who is heavy on one side is only assuming.