PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but this display by ESPN on Simmons is over the top

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 09:26 PM
When have they ever portrayed a player like this??

DownwardDawg
04-25-2019, 09:27 PM
It’s terrible.

Matt3467
04-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Hard to not believe in the Mississippi State bias with stuff like this

msstate7
Why don't you guys watch NFL network?

jacksondawg
Can I just say 17 espn

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Not one video of his play or his talent. Nothing but negative stuff from years ago and the gall to show the video. Those that think there isn't a bias are blind. You think they do a Bama player that way? Everybody else gets feel good stories.

fishwater99
04-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Not one video of his play or his talent. Nothing but negative stuff from years ago and the gall to show the video. Those that think there isn't a bias are blind. You think they do a Bama player that way? Everybody else gets feel good stories.

Yep... Total BS...

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:34 PM
This is the NFL virtue signaling at a max level....and it took them forever to even mention anything remotely positive. Pitiful.

TrapGame
04-25-2019, 09:36 PM
That was bullshit and a complete insult to Simmons and what he's accomplished at State.

wasabaka
04-25-2019, 09:36 PM

NFL Network is simulcasting the feed from ESPN, so that is not an option.

Saltydog
04-25-2019, 09:37 PM

Great idea.....

msstate7
04-25-2019, 09:37 PM
NFL Network is simulcasting the feed from ESPN, so that is not an option.

I'm watching nfl network and didn't see the Simmons video

TrapGame
04-25-2019, 09:41 PM
Who's the ole miss grad that's a big shot at ESPN?

Skydawg1
04-25-2019, 09:42 PM
I'm watching nfl network and didn't see the Simmons videoSame here. NFL network did not show the video. Also, ABC and ESPN are the same company. I can't stand either, so NFLN is my go-to.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:43 PM
What a total crap show! Simmons deserved better! Biggest night of the kids life and this is what they do to him! Smh

preachermatt83
04-25-2019, 09:45 PM
They spoke very highly of Simmons and seemed to indicate that they felt he had grown past the altercation even listing all of his positive character qualities. Stop whining about everything. Everybody is not always out to get you.

Cloak
04-25-2019, 09:46 PM
They spoke very highly of Simmons and seemed to indicate that they felt he had grown past the altercation even listing all of his positive character qualities. Stop whining about everything. Everybody is not always out to get you.

They drilled it home, didn't need to go that over the top

Gutter Cobreh
04-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Became a bigger Booger McFarland fan through watching them rehash that nonsense though! Nice to hear him step in and provide some logical perspective!

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Became a bigger Booger McFarland fan through watching them rehash that nonsense though! Nice to hear him step in and provide some logical perspective!

Thanks heavens for that!

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:51 PM

It was over the top, and it's not whining.

RougeDawg
04-25-2019, 09:51 PM
Supposedly ESPN sent a camera crew to Starkville and had Jeffery miked up for interview and they never went to him or even showed a shot. Bill Martin on twitter is letting ESPN know about it. This is who ESPN is and has been for a while. Anti "every day American" and bias against Mississippi and the south in general. They go out of their way to show what they think about America, outside of the two coastal elite crowds.

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 09:53 PM

Yeah they tacked that on at the end but not sure what you were watching; there was nothing but bad on him. Built up the drama before showing the video. Only video they should have shown was his highlight film.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Outside of live sporting events Espn is absolutely useless.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Supposedly ESPN sent a camera crew to Starkville and had Jeffery miked up for interview and they never went to him or even showed a shot. Bill Martin on twitter is letting ESPN know about it. This is who ESPN is and has been for a while. Anti "every day American" and bias against Mississippi and the south in general. They go out of their way to show what they think about America, outside of the two coastal elite crowds.

Keep your focus. This is shitty enough without you muddying the waters with your bullshit, dude.

Gutter Cobreh
04-25-2019, 09:54 PM

For the love of all that is holy, you of all people (due to your calling) should know that people are always evolving. At what point does someone still have to relive a mistake they made three years ago? He's proven since then that the incident wasn't who he was.

It was over the top coverage for the sake of trying to create drama.

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 09:55 PM
Thanks heavens for that!

Yep I got to give it to Booger. I've been hard on him in past; gotten cut him some slack now; he was only one to come to Simmons defense and put a positive spin on it. Even he could see how bad it was coming off.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Yep I got to give it to Booger. I've been hard on him in past; gotten cut him some slack now; he was only one to come to Simmons defense and put a positive spin on it. Even he could see how bad it was coming off.

Agreed. I was surprised as well.

Commercecomet24

Yeah ol booger gained some points from me tonight.

tcdog70
ABC. Showed highlights and talked really good about JS. They mentioned they trouble but didn't show any video.

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 10:01 PM
ABC. Showed highlights and talked really good about JS. They mentioned they trouble but didn't show any video.

Well now I got to cut ABC some slack too. What a night?

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 10:02 PM

Not supposedly. They did. Bullshit too.

LC Dawg
Simmons is getting a lot of support on Twitter from a lot of people, not just Bulldogs. Makes me feel a little better about the situation but still **** ESPN.

Homedawg
Well now I got to cut ABC some slack too. What a night?

They are both owned by Disney. **** em

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Whoa, espn showed the video from high school shit? How 17n bush league can they be? Didn't a couple of the bama guys get caught with loaded weapons?

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Espn didnt even talk about the OSU pitcher that raped a little girl.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 10:06 PM
They are both owned by Disney. **** em

Right on!

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2019, 10:07 PM
17 ESPN.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Had no idea AB and Hollywood were cousins. Damn that family has some genes

deadheaddawg
04-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Remember the joy we got from an old miss draft night bong mask? I guess what comes around goes around.

Also this isn't a Mississippi State conspiracy. Some of yall are legit paranoid to the point of needing professional help. This is ESPN trying to get views and clicks. It's how entertainment works. It's a nasty business, but why are y'all.shocked?

Political Hack
04-25-2019, 10:25 PM
I thought all the announcers were very positive about everything and explained that it was under different context in which this happened.

preachermatt83
04-25-2019, 10:53 PM
I thought all the announcers were very positive about everything and explained that it was under different context in which this happened.

Truth

Relardo Sidney
04-25-2019, 11:06 PM
This is who ESPN is and has been for a while. Anti "every day American" and bias against Mississippi and the south in general. They go out of their way to show what they think about America, outside of the two coastal elite crowds.

https://media.giphy.com/media/CiYImHHBivpAs/giphy.gif

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 11:09 PM
Vrabel has some really good stuff to say in his press conference tonight.

Said there are bad people and good people who make bad mistakes. Said Simmons is a good person that made a bad mistake and that he doesn't hide behind it. Presents it like a grown man, owns up to it, and isn't afraid to discuss it.

Sounds like he did his homework

Bdawg
04-25-2019, 11:43 PM
Guys, we all knew it was getting covered. I thought Wingo laid the info out there(put into context) as about as well as you could by framing up who was involved and why Jeff injected himself into the situation. I thought that part was very fair. On the other hand they shouldn't have shown the video, and they talked about it entirely too long. They could hardly get to any positives about Jeff or show any highlights of him. Props to Booger for getting the show back on track.

Bdawg
04-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Outside of live sporting events Espn is absolutely useless.

About as true of a statement as you can get.

msbulldog
04-26-2019, 06:15 AM
You had to know that was coming. Big Jeff don't give a shit, he's a multi millionaire now!

msbulldog
04-26-2019, 06:20 AM
Whoa, espn showed the video from high school shit? How 17n bush league can they be? Didn't a couple of the bama guys get caught with loaded weapons?

Yep loaded and stolen, while passing a joint! Happened right down the road from me and they got off scott free.

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2019, 06:43 AM
Simmons looks over to the espn table, you keep running your **** mouth snd i will have to eat every 17n chicken in here.

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2019, 06:45 AM
GOT reference

1bigdawg
04-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Who's the ole miss grad that's a big shot at ESPN?

I don't know his name, but I know his sister. He is the head of NCAA coverage for ESPN.

The Federalist Engineer
04-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Will the SEC Network ever go Indy without ESPN? Then I would never watch.