PDA

View Full Version : Guy on NFL Network has 4 MSU guys going in the 1st round

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Had Sweat, then Jenkins at 22 to the Ravens, then Simmons, then Abram.

That would be a huge night for those kids and our program

99jc
04-25-2019, 06:08 PM

That tells me all I need to know about Molehead....what a bad hire IMO.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 06:15 PM

I still don't get this. How? 3 of those 4 were on the #1 defense in the country. And they played like it under Moorhead. The other guy played center.

How many offensive skill position guys from last years team will get drafted period from MSU? 2 max over the next 3 years?? How many in the 1st round?? Maybe Kylin if he goes crazy this year?

What we had on defense looked nothing like what we had on offense. Still not sure how people can't see how terrible of skill we have on offense. Our QB won't get drafted, our starting RB won't get drafted, and no WR or TE. Come on man. Terrible post.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 06:20 PM

Such a bad take... these same 4 guys played under Mullen the previous year and we lost to OM at home..
8-4 same record.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 06:25 PM
Such a bad take... these same 4 guys played under Mullen the previous year and we lost to OM at home..
8-4 same record.

This^^^

Yikes.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 06:31 PM
8-4 same record.

Yep nail on head.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Our football team last year was the equivalent of a 1920s shortstop in baseball, good glove, no bat.

MrKotter
04-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Doesn?t get more ignorant than this

BankerDog
04-25-2019, 06:37 PM
So much for the Mullen can't recruit mantra we heard. I also find it ridiculous we chose to take Jarvis Wilson (before he ditched us for UGA on NSD) over Abrams in HS. Abrams was rated the 4th best safety in the state that year, but will wind up with a good possibility of being the only one of that bunch to be drafted. Also, what a success story Jenkins and JT Gray are. I know Gray isn't in this draft, but here are two guys who were signed just a week before NSD in their class and both will be in the NFL together. I loved Jenkins when I saw his film in HS, guy could play any position along the OL. Will wind up being a better diamond in the rough find then Chris Jones and B-Mac.

StarkVegasSteve
04-25-2019, 06:57 PM
So much for the Mullen can't recruit mantra we heard. I also find it ridiculous we chose to take Jarvis Wilson (before he ditched us for UGA on NSD) over Abrams in HS. Abrams was rated the 4th best safety in the state that year, but will wind up with a good possibility of being the only one of that bunch to be drafted. Also, what a success story Jenkins and JT Gray are. I know Gray isn't in this draft, but here are two guys who were signed just a week before NSD in their class and both will be in the NFL together. I loved Jenkins when I saw his film in HS, guy could play any position along the OL. Will wind up being a better diamond in the rough find then Chris Jones and B-Mac.

Chris Jones might've been a diamond in the rough when we found him, but he was a 5 star by the end of the recruiting process. 247 had him rated as the second best player in the nation behind Nkemdiche.

Liverpooldawg
04-25-2019, 07:08 PM

Yeah, 1 offensive linemen and 3 defensive guys. The defensive guys played like first rounders on the #1 defense in the country. That happened under Moorhead too.

99jc
04-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Just remember this thread by the end of November. U 17ers will be crying like girls to get rid of his ass. Book it.

Skydawg1
04-25-2019, 08:01 PM
If we're gonna have 4 taken in the first...they better get on it.

preachermatt83
04-25-2019, 08:07 PM

Amen

preachermatt83
04-25-2019, 08:09 PM
Just remember this thread by the end of November. U 17ers will be crying like girls to get rid of his ass. Book it.

Rep given

preachermatt83
04-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Doesn?t get more ignorant than this

You misspelled “accurate”

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 08:33 PM

What is up with no Sweat yet? TV guys say he had character issues?? He gonna make some teams look stupid the next couple years.

Skydawg1
04-25-2019, 08:34 PM
What is up with no Sweat yet? TV guys say he had character issues?? He gonna make some teams look stupid the next couple years.If the TV guy really said that, he got Sweat confused with Simmons.

maroonmania
04-25-2019, 08:41 PM
What is up with no Sweat yet? TV guys say he had character issues?? He gonna make some teams look stupid the next couple years.

Why did Sweat leave Michigan State? Was it just lack of playing time or was he dismissed? Only thing I could see that would have anything to do with character issues.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 08:41 PM

He had issues before he got to us. And don't forget, the NFL remembers everything.

Also, Mort Anderson said Brian Baker said Montez Sweat was not the kind of guy you can yell at. That's gonna turn folks off.

I have a bad feeling about this with Sweat. Hope it's not too bad.

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 08:48 PM
He had issues before he got to us. And don't forget, the NFL remembers everything.

Also, Mort Anderson said Brian Baker said Montez Sweat was not the kind of guy you can yell at. That's gonna turn folks off.

There is way more yelling at the college level than the nfl. Not a big deal. But baker isn't a huge yeller anyway. At least not compared to the people I've seen

TUSK
04-25-2019, 08:50 PM
Why did Sweat leave Michigan State? Was it just lack of playing time or was he dismissed? Only thing I could see that would have anything to do with character issues.

Got booted for weed and alleged theft....

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Got booted for weed.

It was for his heart condition.

TUSK
04-25-2019, 08:54 PM

Moultrie Heart?

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 08:56 PM

He got kicked out of school for a heart condition? I don't think so

TUSK
04-25-2019, 09:01 PM
He got kicked out of school for a heart condition? I don't think so

He was jokin' that Sweat was smokin' weed for his heart condition...

TNDawg35
04-25-2019, 09:03 PM

Wel your crying like a baby back bitch so.....

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 09:06 PM
He was jokin' that Sweat was smokin' weed for his heart condition...

Got it now. Makes sense

BeardoMSU

Did we ever hear a sing thing remotely negative about Montez during his time here? I sure as hell can't recall anything. Certainly nothing about him being sensitive to "yelling"....****s sake....

MetEdDawg
Guess we could call this a fall now. Sweat in danger of going off the board after Simmons?

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Did we ever hear a sing thing remotely negative about Montez during his time here? I sure as hell can't recall anything. Certainly nothing about him being sensitive to "yelling"....****s sake....

Doesn't matter. Doesn't mean it didn't happen and if Brian Baker said it I believe it.

I'm not smashing the guy. All I said is what was said by the NFL folks. Concerns about his time pre MSU and Brian Baker mentioned you have to treat him differently. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just repeating facts.

He seemed to be perfectly fine at MSU. Never heard about any issues. But they keep mentioning pre MSU stuff being a concern. That wouldn't be said unless that had come up as a concern, which it apparently is.

DancingRabbit
04-25-2019, 09:08 PM

Saban effect**

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:09 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/OqdVQg8vUu9xK/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:11 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just repeating facts.

Oh, I'm not, lol. I hear him say it on TV, too...so my ire certainly isn't directed at you. It's still baffling.

Bothrops
04-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Guess we could call this a fall now. Sweat in danger of going off the board after Simmons?

It's bullshit. All about brand names.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Oh, I'm not, lol. I hear him say it on TV, too...so my ire certainly isn't directed at you. It's still baffling.

I honestly am shocked they continue to mention that and Simmons stuff.

We have done an extremely good job of fixing previous problems and keeping guys out of trouble in the football realm. Simmons and Sweat has zero problems here.

I get Simmons not being picked. Hard to select a guy in round 1 that's guaranteed to miss at least the first half of the season. But Sweat is shocking me. We are at pick 18 and nothing yet.

Thought the Giants at 17 would make sense

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:21 PM
I honestly am shocked they continue to mention that and Simmons stuff.

We have done an extremely good job of fixing previous problems and keeping guys out of trouble in the football realm. Simmons and Sweat has zero problems here.

I get Simmons not being picked. Hard to select a guy in round 1 that's guaranteed to miss at least the first half of the season. But Sweat is shocking me. We are at pick 18 and nothing yet.

Thought the Giants at 17 would make sense

Regardless who picks them, both Jeff and Montez will be stars in the league...just sucks they'll be underpaid as rookies because of the slides.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2019, 09:22 PM
Simmons to Titans

msstate7
04-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Congrats Simmons

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Congrats to Simmons! HAILSTATE!

DownwardDawg
04-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Now it’s all about the assault. Unbelievable.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Good job mentioning Jeff's been a model citizen since he came to college...***

For ****s sake, this is a horrible attempt at contextualizing his past. Talk about ripping the scab off, for no reason whatsoever.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Noah Fant to Broncos

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:30 PM
I'm surprised at Booger, tbh. Thanks for that.

LC Dawg
04-25-2019, 09:31 PM
If eleven teams really took Simmons off their board then what are these teams spending all these millions on? That's a knee jerk reaction that doesn't signify any research. The NFL is probably about the same overall with player evaluations as they were 30 years ago but they spend hundreds of millions of dollars more today.

shoeless joe
04-25-2019, 09:35 PM
I could guarantee that half the guys selected in front of Simmons are shitty individuals compared to him. And some prolly have something in their past that is equally/more disturbing than what Simmons did. But his was on video...

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Good job mentioning Jeff's been a model citizen since he came to college...***

For ****s sake, this is a horrible attempt at contextualizing his past. Talk about ripping the scab off, for no reason whatsoever.

So much for redemption huh? What a load of crap. Simmons has proved himself over and over again. He's been a model citizen, great student and leader. He's gonna prove his worth on and off the field!

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 09:47 PM
So much for redemption huh? What a load of crap. Simmons has proved himself over and over again. He's been a model citizen, great student and leader. He's gonna prove his worth on and off the field!

Didn't show he and his family celebrating. Didn't even show his college highlights. Jeff will be fine, but I hate they took that moment from him. Total bull shit.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Didn't show he and his family celebrating. Didn't even show his college highlights. Jeff will be fine, but I hate they took that moment from him. Total bull shit.

Yep. Biggest night of his life and they screwed him over.

Really Clark?
04-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Yep. Biggest night of his life and they screwed him over.

ABC showed him and his family and his highlights

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 10:24 PM
ABC showed him and his family and his highlights

Good to hear.

Turfdawg67
04-25-2019, 10:26 PM
8-4 same record.

Agreed... I don't see a bunch of O guys being drafted. Our D was great last year. Bad take.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Sweat and Abram back to back!

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 10:31 PM
Sweat and Abram back to back!

Pretty awesome. Super happy for those boys.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2019, 10:32 PM
Pretty awesome. Super happy for those boys.

Same here! They earned it!