PDA

View Full Version : Manziel in sling

TheRef
10-22-2013, 11:35 AM
JFF, according to WR Mike Evans, was in an arm sling during Monday's practice. Precaution or legitimate injury?

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 11:37 AM
For our sake... legitimate... If he's out for us, I think we win easily.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 11:43 AM
For our sake... legitimate... If he's out for us, I think we win easily.

Like bowling green "easily" or Troy "easily"? ***

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Like bowling green "easily" or Troy "easily"? ***

La Tech easy.

SignalToNoise
10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm no doctor but if its just a sling then I think precautionary. If you said full blown cast on the other hand then out with serious injury.

TheRef
10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Maine easy***

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 11:50 AM
No way we get this lucky

FISHDAWG
10-22-2013, 11:53 AM
La Tech easy.
maybe UAB easy **

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Troy easy

Their D won't stop us and and I like our chances on D against the immobile QB

smootness
10-22-2013, 12:41 PM
If it's a separated shoulder, they're not going to put you in a cast.

I think this could be pretty serious; the injury looked like the typical way you separate your shoulder.

Dawgowar
10-22-2013, 12:41 PM
JFF, according to WR Mike Evans, was in an arm sling during Monday's practice. Precaution or legitimate injury?

such. It is being whispered as a second degree sprain and may impact remainder (some or part) of the season. Summelin does not discuss injuries. The rumors started Sunday afternoon. Their defense will get them slaughtered without JFF. As productive as that scheme has been it can't score at the rate it will have to without JFF.

Dawgface
10-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Interesting. That game is only a couple of weeks off too. I'm not counting it as win even if he is out. Some teams kick it up a notch when their star player is out. But it does give us a better chance.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2013, 12:57 PM
We still have to stop Evans but if Mr. Football is out his legs are one eliment we do nothave to worry with.

PassInterference
10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
such. It is being whispered as a second degree sprain and may impact remainder (some or part) of the season. Summelin does not discuss injuries. The rumors started Sunday afternoon. Their defense will get them slaughtered without JFF. As productive as that scheme has been it can't score at the rate it will have to without JFF.

Sumlin is the type of guy who always has a #2 that can come in and kick a lot more ass than anybody thought. They will miss JFF, but they will not be a pushover.

Dawgowar
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
We still have to stop Evans but if Mr. Football is out his legs are one eliment we do nothave to worry with.

When they lost that Nose Tackle it essential destroyed all competent experience on their front seven. We can defend the scheme a la Sumlin's time at Houston. It will still be a long day for our DB's, just gives us some hope of an upset. College Station is a tough place to play.

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Joeckel isn't terrible

smootness
10-22-2013, 01:07 PM
No one should assume that without Manziel, we should beat Texas A&M without much problem. I'm sure their offense will still be good.

But if it's Matt Joeckel that takes over, you definitely lose the element of a running threat at QB, which is huge. He may be a very good QB, and Kenny Hill may be able to do some good things if he plays as well, but neither one will be Johnny Manziel in any way, shape, or form.

engie
10-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Stars are aligning.

It's time to win at least one of these games, Dan.

PassInterference
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Stars are aligning.

It's time to win at least one of these games, Dan.

Time to beat SC and aTm. No reason we shouldn't.

Hell, we should win 5 of the next 6. Who saw 8-4 coming?

Barking 13
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
even if he plays, there needs to be a 96 on top of the 2 (if he can catch him) and if 2 goes out, 96 needs to live in the backfield, no matter who is back there. 22 and 50 will need to step up big also....

34 and 27 must have a good day also...

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Centenary easy.... a game played in Meridian, we lost 19 to... ZERO

Jack Lambert
10-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Troy easy

Their D won't stop us and and I like our chances on D against the immobile QB

Where is Tonya Hardings ex husband when you need him?

bully99
10-22-2013, 01:31 PM
But if manziel is out would that be a signature win for Dan Mullen ...

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
No because A&M would be down and JFF was out

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Summelin does not discuss injuries. .

Just who does he think he is? Dan Mullen?

Drugdog
10-22-2013, 03:49 PM
This just in. Manzeil will be rested and ready to go vs MSU. Says JFF : my shoulder has never felt so good.

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Yep and if Shaw is out for USC that is winnable. If we finish 8-4, do the grumblings stop? If USC loses to Missouri and A&M loses Manziel and loses some more before they get to us. Both teams will be unranked. The streak could continue of us not beating a ranked team and fishwater's question still goes unanswered.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Yep and if Shaw is out for USC that is winnable. If we finish 8-4, do the grumblings stop? If USC loses to Missouri and A&M loses Manziel and loses some more before they get to us. Both teams will be unranked. The streak could continue of us not beating a ranked team and fishwater's question still goes unanswered.

I wouldn't care. Those would be big wins because right now we are looking at an uphill battle to win 6. Regardless of injuries, it will take a good coaching job to win 7+ this season. This is one guy that will get off of Mullen's ass if he is able to pull off 7+ this season. I don't give a shit if there is a forfeit involved.*

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Yep, worked out real well when he was at Houston and Keenum went out. We blew out Houston at their place. Their backup is a statue. If Cox keeps improving and we can get Love back with Redmond, our secondary might not be half bad at that time. I would like to see a couple of picks on Thursday as Kentucky will have to pass since their QB is out. Smith is horrible. The only reason they got that TD last year was due to our CB falling down. I think we blow Kentucky out on Thursday.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Yep, worked out real well when he was at Houston and Keenum went out. We blew out Houston at their place. Their backup is a statue. If Cox keeps improving and we can get Love back with Redmond, our secondary might not be half bad at that time. I would like to see a couple of picks on Thursday as Kentucky will have to pass since their QB is out. Smith is horrible. The only reason they got that TD last year was due to our CB falling down. I think we blow Kentucky out on Thursday.

I tend to agree. I will be disappointed if we don't handle UK with ease

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I hear ya, just being an asshole. I would like to see our secondary start to click this week. This is a big game for them since really you have to figure Kentucky will try to pass quite a bit.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 04:41 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/bowersfamily3/JohnnyManziel3_zpsf78bfae1.jpg

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Everyone in Maroon and white will be Black and Gold fans this weekend... Vandy and Mizzou... Not the poor buzzards down south

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 05:43 PM

I don't care if half of their team is out! If we beat aTm, USCe, UK, bears, and Arky, Mullen would have done a spectacular job!!! Only an idiot would grumble about any of those teams being without their stars.

Of course, if that happens, Mullen would get hired away and we get Hud anyway!!! Win win!!!