PDA

View Full Version : Pre Draft Central..

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Any picks , sleepers, predictions, bust ect....
We can start a Draft thread closer to starting time and this way the draft thread may not get as bogged down.

I will get the ball rolling ....

If I were the Cards GM , I trade the #1 pick to Gruden and the raiders for 2 of their first rounders.
Murray may end up being an All pro but I?m giving Rosen a shot and getting some pieces in place for down the roads en if Rosen turns out not to be the guy there. There?s a franchise QB in the 2021 draft class in the waiting

With 12 picks in the draft , the Pats trade some picks to Cards for Rosen ( if the cards go with Murray) and there is your Brady replacement in a year or 2.

I predict Demarcus Lodge has a better pro carrer than both AJ and DK. I think he is more pro ready than either of those 2.

State has 4 players taken within the first 35 picks. ( simmons, sweat, Abram, and Jenkins ) and we have 9 maybe 10 players drafted.
I like Gerri Green as a sleeper pick for us. Finally in his last year we played him where we should have his whole carrer DE. Also think with his athleticism size and speed he could be a very good ST guy early in his career

And early predraft garde. The Jets, Dolphins and Bengal will **** up thier picks ..

I hope for lots of trades and lots of Miss State chatter tonight...

msstate7
04-25-2019, 10:00 AM
Pats getting Rosen is a pats kind of move that would end up making the cardinals look like a joke in a few years.

I'd take bosa if I were the cardinals.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 10:00 AM
I completely agree on the Cardinals. They need to trade back, stock pile some DL talent and a WR, roll with Rosen for a year.

I think there will be a ton of trades that go on. With the depth at some key positions like DL, I think you will see some teams move up into the back of the 1st round to try and get some of that. I also think in general you will see a ton of trades today. Teams jockeying for more picks or better value.

Josh Allen will be a better pro than Bosa. I would take Allen first overall probably.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Busts..
Ed Oliver..
Kyler Murray. Only because of the hype he is getting And only if the Cards take him at one. I don’t give up on Rosen yet
Dexter Lawerence . If he goes higher than Sweat or Simmons some GM should be fired.
Gregg Little . This guy has gone form best OL prospect a few years ago to not even a top 5 OT prospect

Sleepers
Deebo Samules . If he stays healthy top 2-3 WR in the draft
Elijah Holyfield. I think he will be a better pro player than college
JJ Whiteside Wr Stanford

Outside of Henry from Az state there is no way I waste a first round pick on a WR .
Too many good WR’s you can get in the mid to late second round.
I think Henry is the best WR in the draft easy .

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 10:11 AM
I completely agree on the Cardinals. They need to trade back, stock pile some DL talent and a WR, roll with Rosen for a year.

I think there will be a ton of trades that go on. With the depth at some key positions like DL, I think you will see some teams move up into the back of the 1st round to try and get some of that. I also think in general you will see a ton of trades today. Teams jockeying for more picks or better value.

Josh Allen will be a better pro than Bosa. I would take Allen first overall probably.

I would go Bosa over Allen. But I might go Williams over Bosa

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 10:12 AM
I just saw a report that has several teams totally removing Sweat from their board because of his heart issue. I really hope he doesn't slide.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 10:13 AM
I just saw a report that has several teams totally removing Sweat from their board because of his heart issue. I really hope he doesn't slide.

Me either, unless he slides to the saints**

Really though, he should in no way last that long

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 10:15 AM
I did see that McShay called Jeff one of the top 3 players in the draft, even with the injury. He's going to be a steal for someone.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 10:16 AM

That was really exaggerated. Some teams had but it wasn't several.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 10:17 AM
I think Ed Oliver is going to kill it once he's used properly. Having him play NG this year was criminal.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 10:24 AM

He won’t slide out of the first round..

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 10:25 AM
That was really exaggerated. Some teams had but it wasn't several.

Good to hear.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Walterfootball has saints getting Hakeem butler. I would love this pick... very impressed with him last season

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Of these dawgs who does and doesn’t hear their name called...
Fitz
McCalurin
Thomas
Hoyett
Peters
Green
Calhoun
Aries

I think 5 hear their name before Mr Irrelevant or as it is known now Mr Chad Kelley is announced

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Of these dawgs who does and doesn’t hear their name called...
Fitz
McCalurin
Thomas
Hoyett
Peters
Green
Calhoun
Aries

I think 5 hear their name before Mr Irrelevant or as it is known now Mr Chad Kelley is announced

Fitz, Aries, Thomas don't get called. I think the others are solid Day 3 guys that I would want control of.

notoriousdog
04-25-2019, 10:45 AM
I'm hoping the Saints grab JJ Whiteside at #62. He'll probably be gone before then, but if he falls that's my guy.

notoriousdog
04-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Walterfootball has saints getting Hakeem butler. I would love this pick... very impressed with him last season

I would love Butler or Arcega-Whiteside at #62. Give Brees another weapon in what could be his final year.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Of these dawgs who does and doesn?t hear their name called...
Fitz
McClaurin
Thomas
Hoyett
Peters
Green
Calhoun
Aries

Drafted - Fitz, Calhoun, MM, Hoyett, Peters, Green
UDFA's Aries, Corey Thomas

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2019, 11:16 AM
If Jeff Simmons had no baggage or a torn ACL and Sweat has no heart issue then they both go in the TOP 5 picks in my opinion.

Could see Elgton Jenkins go in the 1st to the Texans. Abram is likely to go in the 1st too.

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 11:25 AM

It only takes one team. But he is sliding from what I hear. And no not Mel kiper

Scared_Hitless
04-25-2019, 11:26 AM
I think Ed Oliver is going to kill it once he's used properly. Having him play NG this year was criminal.

He has Aaron Donald level quickness. Though I still prefer our guy Simmons because I know what he will bring everyday to the team. Oliver has all the talent to excel though.

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 11:27 AM
He won’t slide out of the first round..

Agree. But 8-10 spots is a ton of money for him. Hope he doesn't though

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 11:29 AM

I agree he isn't a nose. But his motor doesn't run all the time. I'll side w overrated too.

Scared_Hitless
04-25-2019, 11:34 AM
I look for Cardinals to trade down or at least try to make that move. I think they want Quinnen Williams ultimately as they were sorely lacking on Interior DLine, Nkemdiche has been a bust for them though he did show some flashes last season. 49ers are going to grab Williams or Bosa just depends who is sitting there.

As for our guys Simmons will be picked up latter half of Round 1 by a team that always wins. Think Seahawks or Patriots that has a shrewd GM. Sweat will be Round 1 as will Abram I think. Elgton will be one of the better pros from this O-Line Class he is a beast.

Busts- DK Metcalf, Sadly I think AJ Brown is going to be a solid pro.
Sleeper- Isabella is going to be a nasty slot receiver for someone.
Best Value- Jeffery Simmons is a top 5 talent that will be later first round or early second I would jump on him at 20 if I was a GM.

1bigdawg
04-25-2019, 11:58 AM
I believe Abram will fall to the 2nd round and Elgin will be a day 2 pick by somebody.

Also, I don't know if either will be drafted, but think Thomas will go ahead of Hoyett if so.

R2Dawg
04-25-2019, 12:21 PM
Of these dawgs who does and doesn?t hear their name called...
Fitz
McCalurin
Thomas
Hoyett
Peters
Green
Calhoun
Aries

I think McLaurin, Peters, Green, and Calhoun get drafted; others could all sign FA.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 12:25 PM
So now Ian Rappaport now reporting that Sweat’s condition may have misdiagnosed? Wow .. sounds like some shady shit going on by some teams if true..
And if not Teams and GMs should be firing what ever team doctors did this..

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 12:27 PM
I agree he isn't a nose. But his motor doesn't run all the time. I'll side w overrated too.

Yeah something about Oliver and Gary rub me the wrong way.. which probably means they end being 12 time all pro players..

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 12:29 PM
So now Ian Rappaport now reporting that Sweat’s condition may have misdiagnosed? Wow .. sounds like some shady shit going on by some teams if true..
And if not Teams and GMs should be firing what ever team doctors did this..

Misdiagnosed to negative or positive?

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Yeah something about Oliver and Gary rub me the wrong way.. which probably means they end being 12 time all pro players..

From our NFL pre-draft coverage: #MSU pass-rusher Montez Sweat may have been misdiagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Two sources say the thickness of Sweat's heart wall is actually 1.5 cms, not nearly 2.0. I explain below why the risk could be much lower.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 12:34 PM
From our NFL pre-draft coverage: #MSU pass-rusher Montez Sweat may have been misdiagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Two sources say the thickness of Sweat's heart wall is actually 1.5 cms, not nearly 2.0. I explain below why the risk could be much lower.

What's normal thickness?

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 12:35 PM
Jesus....how do they **** up this bad? Shady shit, indeed.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 12:37 PM
At least this news broke now, and not tomorrow, which would've been too late.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 01:45 PM

True but the same was said about Chris Jones. Sometimes that paycheck make guys pick up their intensity.

parabrave
04-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Jesus....how do they **** up this bad? Shady shit, indeed.

Still using the same guy who said don't worry about these concussions.** Now I predict 4 years from now Mcshay and the other dipshi& are going to be asking what a steal Bennie Snell was. Therefore my sleeper is Bennie Snell from KY.

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 03:01 PM
True but the same was said about Chris Jones. Sometimes that paycheck make guys pick up their intensity.

I actually thought of Chris as I typed it. Maybe so. But that's more exception than rule.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Seeing a lot of Sweat to Panthers at #16 projections

Bothrops
04-25-2019, 05:34 PM
NFL is shady period.

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 05:51 PM
I think McLaurin, Peters, Green, and Calhoun get drafted; others could all sign FA.

Don't think McLaurin gets drafted.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Don't think McLaurin gets drafted.

Yeah McLauirn worries me as well. But I think you can add Fitz to this list. Someone will take a chance on him.
McLaurin, Hoyett, and Thomas are the wild cards . 2 of these 3 gets us to 10.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2019, 07:10 PM
How the **** did they trick that many people to showing up for this event, lol?**

That crowd is crazy.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 07:11 PM
How the **** did they trick that many people to showing up for this event, lol?**

That crowd is crazy.

Nfl draft in Nashville? Wish I were there... it'd be a blast

msstate7
04-25-2019, 07:28 PM
I hate that pick

msstate7
04-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Bosa will be lighting up the cardinals pick this fall

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 07:40 PM
I think Q Williams might end up being better than the 1st two picks. He and Allen were both basically unblockable in the SEC

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-25-2019, 07:50 PM
I think Q Williams might end up being better than the 1st two picks. He and Allen were both basically unblockable in the SEC

Agreed. Williams will be the next Aaron Donald with how he slides through blocks, Bosa will never be a top 5 rusher and on the edge he has inherently less ability to impact the game than a dominant DT does

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 07:51 PM
And the Raiders continue to do incompetent things. It's not that the pick may be bad, but they could have probably traded down 10 spots and still got him and got another good pick or two for the effort

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Meanwhile we're watching the Chiefs fall apart as they are about to have to release T. Hill. They will have lost Hill and Hunt in basically one year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-25-2019, 07:54 PM
And the Raiders continue to do incompetent things. It's not that the pick may be bad, but they could have probably traded down 10 spots and still got him and got another good pick or two for the effort

Kiper had him mocked at like 32, nobody had him in the first 20 taken. What a dumb pick

msstate7
04-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Agreed. Williams will be the next Aaron Donald with how he slides through blocks, Bosa will never be a top 5 rusher and on the edge he has inherently less ability to impact the game than a dominant DT does

Where are y'all getting this from about bosa? Literally no one, but sec fans think bosa is anything less than a stud

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 07:59 PM
I think Bosa is going to be really good, but I just think Williams will be better

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 08:00 PM
Kiper had him mocked at like 32, nobody had him in the first 20 taken. What a dumb pick

I just can't imagine they didn't get offers from teams picking in the teens for the #4 pick

Irondawg
04-25-2019, 08:03 PM
Wow - what are some of these teams doing? Once again I like Jones as a QB but man, you could have traded back 10 spots and still got him but I guess they were worried somebody else would jump here which I understand more with QB. But that's as risky a #6 pick as you might see.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 08:04 PM
I really have no opinion on jones. I can't remember watching him play at all

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 11:21 PM
And that my friends is why the Pats are the Pats..
you get the best WR in the draft at pick 32

Goldendawg
04-25-2019, 11:39 PM
If all the bling the WR from OK had on was real, he'll need a big contract just to pay back the advance he got from his agent for jewelry. Guess that's why he's called Hollywood.