PDA

View Full Version : Our Baseball players make all of us proud off the field

Todd4State
04-25-2019, 12:23 AM
Here's what I've noticed the past two days.

1. They went to Batson Children's Hospital in full uniform and hung out with the kids there. And from the videos they were all really good with them. You could tell it really made the kids day. They did this on gameday before what may be the biggest baseball game in the state of Mississippi.

2. After the game last night they stayed around as long as they possibly could to talk to fans and sign autographs for kids. They stayed so long that Lemonis had to tell everyone "Hey, thanks for coming out but we have to get on the bus in five minutes because they're closing down the stadium". Otherwise they would have been there all night. I know that meant a lot to the fans there and it was fun for me from a distance to watch it. (No I did not get any autographs but I did consider photobombing the Mangum family photo on the field.**** Would have been weird for them so I refrained.*****)

3. An Arkansas fan on Facebook sent a post to MSU baseball's facebook page about Riley Self throwing a baseball to her son and how much that meant to him even though they were Arkansas fans.

Stuff like this is what makes MSU special and different from all of the other baseball programs out there. Other programs do nice and good things- sure. But it seems like MSU baseball's relationship with the fans and the people of Mississippi is just on a different level. Hopefully the nice guys finish first in Omaha this year. I might actually photobomb that!

msbulldog
04-25-2019, 05:58 AM
Great post Todd, thanks. So proud to be a Dawg!