PDA

View Full Version : Huge baseball weekend for us

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Right now D1 baseball is projecting Georgia as a National Seed. If we can win this series in addition to the Governor's Cup win I believe it would put us back on the right side of the bubble for a National Seed. Really if we finish top three in the SEC we should be able to secure one. We appear to be in line for a host unless we tank it the last four weeks. If that happens I can't see us falling below a two seed with our current resume.

Alabama won tonight. That currently puts their RPI at 51 as I type this. USM is winning over UNO on the road and that may get their RPI up to 52 or so. So that's good for us. Arkansas also split with Northwestern State today which doesn't help our RPI but it may help with a National Seed bid down the road. We also need to pull for South Carolina to get a few wins to get them into Q1 as well. La Tech who we may play lost to McNeese State tonight dropping their RPI down to 39. I suspect whether we play them or not depends on their RPI metrics and unless they slump I suspect that they will stay Q1.

The good news for us is we still mostly control our own destiny. And only have four non Q1 games left. We have 6 Q1 games left on the road meaning any win there we get extra credit for it.

Dawgcap
04-24-2019, 10:47 PM
Don’t you think the National seed is in front of us with an above 500 record in the remaining 12 conference games? Personally I do with the teams we have left to play. 7- 5 gets us in 8-4 seals it. Anything less and I don’t think we deserve it

State82
04-24-2019, 10:50 PM
Todd, are you thinking we may pick up La Tech as a make-up game for the one we lost in Frisco early in the year?

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Don’t you think the National seed is in front of us with an above 500 record in the remaining 12 conference games? Personally I do with the teams we have left to play. 7- 5 gets us in 8-4 seals it. Anything less and I don’t think we deserve it

That would put us at 17 and it certainly could but you also have to remember it is also somewhat dependent on how others in the SEC do. If we have 17-18 and finish second or third in the league we should get one. If we finish with 17-18 and finish fourth we probably will not. They're thinking that the SEC is going to get 3 National Seeds, the ACC 2 National Seeds and then 3 from the PAC 12.

Todd, are you thinking we may pick up La Tech as a make-up game for the one we lost in Frisco early in the year?

Yes, but as I said I think it's dependent on them remaining a Q1 team. If they aren't and they're at 38 right now in RPI. If they stay in that range I think we will play them. They just started a long road trip tonight- first of nine road games in a row- and if they struggle which some teams do on the road and drop below I think we just eat the game. That's why it hasn't been officially announced yet.

And playing us on the road could potentially benefit La Tech as well. C-USA could be a one bid league but La Tech has one of the highest if not the highest RPI in C-USA. If they can get it high enough they may be able to get in the regionals as an at large. They probably need to get in the 20's to do that. They need a good road trip and probably need to win their midweek games against Northwestern State and LSU on the trip to do that. Moreso LSU. Which they could very well do given LSU's midweek struggles.

AlSwearengen
04-25-2019, 01:54 AM
Any chance that we finish 4th in the league, but with a higher rpi than 3rd has, that we could get a national seed over number 3? Would they take into consideration how tough our sec schedule was?