PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Baseball Juniors & 2020 Roster

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2019, 11:11 AM
Which baseball juniors do we expect will be on the Roster next year?

Pitchers:
(1) Keegan James - Could be drafted
(2) Colby White - Seems like a draft risk now
(3) Tyler Springs
(4) Ethan Small - Zero probability of return
(5) Tyrsten Barlow
(6) Spencer Price
(7) Jack Eagan
(8) Riley Self

Position Players:
(1) Dustin Skelton - Probably No, very draftable
(2) Gunnar Halter - ?
(3) Tucker Childers

I hope there is a JP France or Zach Neff in the pipeline

StarkVegasSteve
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
With the improved production at the plate and the talent that's behind him, I would imagine Skelton will leave if he's drafted high enough. I also believe Tanner Allen is a draft elgible sophomore so that 's probably something to watch as well.

Tbonewannabe
04-24-2019, 11:22 AM
With the improved production at the plate and the talent that's behind him, I would imagine Skelton will leave if he's drafted high enough. I also believe Tanner Allen is a draft elgible sophomore so that 's probably something to watch as well.

Skelton very well could be in the running for the Johnny Bench Award. The guy from Oregon St will win it but Skelton is quietly having the best season by a MSU catcher since Easley. His defense is actually very good now and he is one of the better hitting catchers in the SEC.

I don't see him coming back. I think he goes in the 10-12 round if not sooner.

Homedawg
04-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Someone will take Keegan. His stuff is worth the risk. Unless he just has to play w his brother, is expect him to sign. Barlow will be a decent draft. White will too.

AlSwearengen
04-24-2019, 01:21 PM
We are going to need the freshman that got sick to pitch well and get some good production from freshmen coming in. I believe that I have seen Todd mention that we have a pitcher heavy class coming in next year and we will need it.

It will be nice to have the same coach for a few years and consecutive years of healthy pitchers so we can get the roster strengthened and straightened out.

ZedFedder
04-24-2019, 04:05 PM
I think next year guys like Cerantola and Brandon Smith will make big jumps. If we can get Landon Sims and other pitching prospects through the draft, we should be good again. What’s the likelihood Sims comes to school?

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 06:05 PM
We are going to need the freshman that got sick to pitch well and get some good production from freshmen coming in. I believe that I have seen Todd mention that we have a pitcher heavy class coming in next year and we will need it.

It will be nice to have the same coach for a few years and consecutive years of healthy pitchers so we can get the roster strengthened and straightened out.

Christian MacLeoud is going to pitch in the Cape this summer so we'll know where he stands in August. It is pitcher heavy but Ginn is the only one that has a spot locked down for next year. It just depends on how MacLeoud, Cerentola and Smith develop this summer, depends on Tyler Spring and how he develops, depends on whether Keegan comes back or not and I'm not sure what he wants to do I don't think he's going to make life changing money either way but he will make more if he comes out this year but like Homedog said I don't know how much he wants to play with his brother either, and then we have a ton of talented freshmen that will come in but they will be freshmen so there is no guarantee on any of them.

Landon Sims (draft risk), Davis Rokose, Will Bednar, KC Hunt, and Logan Tanner are all possibilities and all could get drafted. IMO Tanner projects more as a closer but I could see him making an immediate impact potentially at that spot as well. It's definitely a question mark next year.

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Christian MacLeoud is going to pitch in the Cape this summer so we'll know where he stands in August. It is pitcher heavy but Ginn is the only one that has a spot locked down for next year. It just depends on how MacLeoud, Cerentola and Smith develop this summer, depends on Tyler Spring and how he develops, depends on whether Keegan comes back or not and I'm not sure what he wants to do I don't think he's going to make life changing money either way but he will make more if he comes out this year but like Homedog said I don't know how much he wants to play with his brother either, and then we have a ton of talented freshmen that will come in but they will be freshmen so there is no guarantee on any of them.

Landon Sims (draft risk), Davis Rokose, Will Bednar, KC Hunt, and Logan Tanner are all possibilities and all could get drafted. IMO Tanner projects more as a closer but I could see him making an immediate impact potentially at that spot as well. It's definitely a question mark next year.

Having the same pitching coach for two straight seasons probably is going to help. I hope we continue to recruit consistent classes with pitching always included.

It might surprise some folks but we don't have single a HS recruited Sophomore pitcher on the team. None, Zane Stephens was processed and is gone. That means no true junior pitchers next year.

We only have 1 true junior pitcher on the roster. Riley Self. The bedrock of elite championship coach college baseball teams are the juniors. We lost Ashcraft, McQ, and dude named Wndham was processed/quit?

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Having the same pitching coach for two straight seasons probably is going to help. I hope we continue to recruit consistent classes with pitching always included.

It might surprise some folks but we don't have single a HS recruited Sophomore pitcher on the team. None, Zane Stephens was processed and is gone. That means no true junior pitchers next year.

We only have 1 true junior pitcher on the roster. Riley Self. The bedrock of elite championship coach college baseball teams are the juniors. We lost Ashcraft, McQ, and dude named Wndham was processed/quit?

That is a major issue. We have three JUCO pitchers coming in next year though. We all know how that can go though.