PDA

View Full Version : Governor's Cup game thread......

Saltydog
04-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Can't believe no thread and the game is in the 5th. Interest in baseball seems to be way down since this past weekend's disaster against the Pigs.

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 07:30 PM
No, just the whining bitches have abandoned ship. The rest of us that don't melt over every 17'n pitch are still around. FYI...

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Rowdey hit a HR. Everyone else looks like crap at the plate.

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Rowdey hit a HR. Everyone else looks like crap at the plate.

Ha! The guy everyone wanted benched earlier is now carrying the team. Love it!!

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Niiiicceee!! 1-1

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 07:36 PM
Oh god, Keegan James

HoopsDawg
04-23-2019, 07:50 PM
Oh god, Keegan James

He's got great stuff, just struggles with walks. Inning should be over but we had an error at 3rd.

Saltydog
04-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Damnit, I thought you had blocked me......Would be appreciated if you could...?..Thanks in advance.....

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Damnit, I thought you had blocked me......Would be appreciated if you could...?..Thanks in advance.....

Who the hell knows who you were replying to, guess it's a little over your head hitting the "reply with quote" button. If it was me you were replying to, nah, I've only blocked one d-bag... and you are nowhere near 7's caliber. Start by posting 52 times a day! LOL!

Irondawg
04-23-2019, 08:06 PM
This teams long term success is going to mostly be determined by whether James and Plumlee can start showing some consistency.

I know last weekend was bad but I think we are fine offensively for the most part. I’d like to see us work counts more but it’s pretty clear we are encouraging an aggressive approach at the plate. Has it upsides and downsides

msstate7
04-23-2019, 08:08 PM
Who the hell knows who you were replying to, guess it's a little over your head hitting the "reply with quote" button. If it was me you were replying to, nah, I've only blocked one d-bag... and you are nowhere near 7's caliber. Start by posting 52 times a day! LOL!

He cannot post without referring to me. Pretty sure I'll end up having to get a restraining order

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:10 PM
This teams long term success is going to mostly be determined by whether James and Plumlee can start showing some consistency.

I know last weekend was bad but I think we are fine offensively for the most part. I’d like to see us work counts more but it’s pretty clear we are encouraging an aggressive approach at the plate. Has it upsides and downsides

Very accurate assessment.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:12 PM
The fact that this game cannot be watched is absolute horseshit

HoopsDawg
04-23-2019, 08:13 PM
being double by Foscue, 3-1 MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:14 PM
being double by Foscue, 3-1 MSU.

Bases loaded after Rowdy walks

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:14 PM
The fact that this game cannot be watched is absolute horseshit

I hate not being able to watch it but I do get a kick out of our experts giving opinions based off a radio broadcast. And make no mistake there are a few

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:15 PM
I hate not being able to watch it but I do get a kick out of our experts giving opinions based off a radio broadcast. And make no mistake there are a few

Got a chance to blow this thing open

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:26 PM
4-1 good guys. Gets quiet when we are winning

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Beating the shit out of Ole Miss makes me feel better. 5-1

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:37 PM
Still quiet. Wonder where the noise went when we started winning.

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 08:39 PM
EL OH EL. gthom

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 08:39 PM

Part of it is the game isn't on TV so less are watching. Enjoy the game and stop bitching about people not bitching.

Percho
04-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Have they said anything about attendance?

HoopsDawg
04-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Part of it is the game isn't on TV so less are watching. Enjoy the game and stop bitching about people not bitching.

+1.

HoopsDawg
04-23-2019, 08:42 PM

Yes, Trustmark Park Record. Nearly 9K. More maroon than red and blue.

StarkVegasSteve
New Trustmark Park record 8,638

MarketingBully

A record at the park 8600+. Glad we got back to hitting! 7-1 good guys feels good man!

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:43 PM

I’m enjoying but the people bitching shut up when we got a lead.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
If we played ole miss in hopscotch and won I would celebrate. I love beating ole miss so much it makes me giddy

Commercecomet24
04-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Nice response by the team so far.

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 08:45 PM
I think there is something to the idea we get in their heads in baseball.

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 08:47 PM
Man on 3rd with no outs and we couldn't drive him in. We're up by 6 so obviously, I'm getting greedy, but it would've been nice to get that 8th run. Still, 7-1 good guys, going to the B7

BeardoMSU
04-23-2019, 08:50 PM
I think there is something to the idea we get in their heads in baseball.

And tonight was without Jake's bat, which has been the main culprit in their demise the past 4 years. We showed up. This is a great rebound considered last weekend.

DownwardDawg
04-23-2019, 08:51 PM

Why is it quite? We should have more fans there. We are The baseball program in this state. Always have been.

BeardoMSU
04-23-2019, 08:55 PM
/sigh...

almost a clean inning

BeardoMSU
04-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Tanner cleans it up. Going to the 8th still up 7-1.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 09:00 PM
And tonight was without Jake's bat, which has been the main culprit in their demise the past 4 years. We showed up. This is a great rebound considered last weekend.

Jake has scored two runs.....

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:00 PM
I just wanted to see us compete and we did that. We couldve acted like babies again and folded after the slow start but we hung in and battled like we usually do.

BeardoMSU
04-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Jake has scored two runs.....

Ah, my bad. He only has 1 hit, though right?

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:11 PM
8-1 Mangum almost hit it out put its a sac fly

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 09:17 PM

Wrong... you losers just left. Kma

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 09:18 PM

Ouch

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 09:20 PM
A record at the park 8600+. Glad we got back to hitting! 7-1 good guys feels good man!

Gee... guess they decided to appease the fans and hit. I'm 100% positive they weren't trying at Arky...

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 09:21 PM
I?m enjoying but the people bitching shut up when we got a lead.

So true... but they'll be back.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 09:38 PM
So true... but they'll be back.

They will be back bottom of 1st against Georgia. The thing is we all have the negative emotions during a game or season but I don’t get the disparaging remarks about players and coaches on a message board. These guys would embarrass us with their skills and if some don’t believe it then shut up and show me your resume. It’s ok and great to get frustrated but our players and coaches are way more invested than we are with a lot more to lose. But I guess to some bitching makes them bigger fans on a message board

CadaverDawg
04-23-2019, 09:39 PM
HAILSTATE! GTHOM!

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 09:47 PM

Dude, wtf are you talking about? I wasn't bitching in the thread to begin with. Get over yourself dipshit.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Whats the 17n score?

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Whats the 17n score?

We won 8-1. Sorry it got cluttered with people complaining that people aren't complaining.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Ballgame 8-1.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:52 PM
Look bitches, shit happens. Grow a 17n pair and stop being pussies.
#hailstate

Commercecomet24
04-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Great to get back on track by kicking the crap out of unm!

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:56 PM
I will sleep like a baby tonight boys

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Dude, wtf are you talking about? I wasn't bitching in the thread to begin with. Get over yourself dipshit.

Speaking out of line and I apologize but the bitching started in the Mangum thread. Once everyone moved to this thread it got to be less complaining. Now I will say I have been told to deal with negativity in game threads , the complainers got quiet when we started winning. Look I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I never understand the intense disrespect of players and coaches. We all get frustrated but to shit on any of these guys , that would embarrass us on this stage, is embarrassing. Yep I get pissed but I hope to not shit on them every play and I think tonight some expressed their opinions. I don’t think any views were pointed at you specifically

CadaverDawg
04-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Great to get back on track by kicking the crap out of unm!

Amen

KOdawg1
04-23-2019, 10:04 PM
Speaking out of line and I apologize but the bitching started in the Mangum thread. Once everyone moved to this thread it got to be less complaining. Now I will say I have been told to deal with negativity in game threads , the complainers got quiet when we started winning. Look I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I never understand the intense disrespect of players and coaches. We all get frustrated but to shit on any of these guys , that would embarrass us on this stage, is embarrassing. Yep I get pissed but I hope to not shit on them every play and I think tonight some expressed their opinions. I don’t think any views were pointed at you specifically

Okay, well I haven't even looked at the Mangum thread yet, so that explains why I have no idea what ya'll were talking about. Either way, I wasn't bashing any of our players or coaches in any thread, so not sure why Turf called me out, but oh well. Honestly, I don't give two shits because we just beat the hell out of Ole Miss and it's always a good day when that happens.

HoopsDawg
04-23-2019, 10:07 PM
8 runs on just 7 hits. 5 walks plus OM errors helped the cause. And we got a timely hit or two.

Great job by the pitchers. Overcame 3 defensive mistakes. Pitched our best 5 after small and ginn.

DH spot went 0-4. It's time for more Hayden Jones.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Okay, well I haven't even looked at the Mangum thread yet, so that explains why I have no idea what ya'll were talking about. Either way, I wasn't bashing any of our players or coaches in any thread, so not sure why Turf called me out, but oh well. Honestly, I don't give two shits because we just beat the hell out of Ole Miss and it's always a good day when that happens.

Amen! Gotta believe when it’s not smart!! Ha Part of being a State fan and yes the disappointment may be upcoming but I still have tomorrow. Never quit believing though

BuckyIsAB****
8 runs on just 7 hits. 5 walks plus OM errors helped the cause. And we got a timely hit or two.

Great job by the pitchers. Overcame 3 defensive mistakes. Pitched our best 5 after small and ginn.

I agree. Hatcher had an awful K with the bases juiced and Cumbest needs a break he is struggling.

KOdawg1

Peyton Plumlee pitched well. That's good to see.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 10:13 PM

DH is hobbled. And not to be a smart add but weren’t many saying we won last year because of Gautreau.

Randolph Dupree
04-23-2019, 11:15 PM
Ended up scoring some incredible seats and passes for the game and got to see a lot of it up close (only the players and ump had better views of most plays). A couple of observations from the game:

1. Mac was hobbled a little bit didn't appear to be badly...not sure what that's about. ( I didn't ask, but if someone knows I'm curious)

2. Plumlee was ON, especially early. Best part was I had my son with me, and Plumlee was popping the mitt at 90-91mph...my kid was mesmerized haha. It was a fun experience for both of us.

3. Our team was into the game tonight. They weren't tight, but were focused. Both pitchers were on early, that's why it took us a while to get going.

4. Our guys look more athletic than UM's. If that was the #1 recruiting class at some point, either the initial evaluations were poor or UM is doing a terrible job developing folks. Every one of our guys look like baseball players. Several of their guys looked like guys that play baseball...

That concludes this episode of "Deep Thoughts With Dupree"

MarketingBully
04-24-2019, 12:21 AM
Great win tonight! Definitely played better then we did last weekend. If we can take 2/3 this weekend, we can take some sting out of being swept to the pigs. If we go 2/3 this weekend our record will be 35-10 which isn’t too bad. I did melt way too much last weekend but we don’t need to play like we did against Arkansas again this year period.

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Ended up scoring some incredible seats and passes for the game and got to see a lot of it up close (only the players and ump had better views of most plays). A couple of observations from the game:

1. Mac was hobbled a little bit didn't appear to be badly...not sure what that's about. ( I didn't ask, but if someone knows I'm curious)

2. Plumlee was ON, especially early. Best part was I had my son with me, and Plumlee was popping the mitt at 90-91mph...my kid was mesmerized haha. It was a fun experience for both of us.

3. Our team was into the game tonight. They weren't tight, but were focused. Both pitchers were on early, that's why it took us a while to get going.

4. Our guys look more athletic than UM's. If that was the #1 recruiting class at some point, either the initial evaluations were poor or UM is doing a terrible job developing folks. Every one of our guys look like baseball players. Several of their guys looked like guys that play baseball...

I thought our guys also looked more athletic and in shape than their guys. Rolison was the big prize of that class and he's with the Rockies now. Kessinger looked impressive to me but I think he's utility infielder in the big leagues. We didn't see Carracci or Ethridge tonight. At any rate- that class was overrated and they missed their window last year. They haven't really been able to add to it.

Jarius
04-24-2019, 04:02 AM
DH is hobbled. And not to be a smart add but weren’t many saying we won last year because of Gautreau.

We have one of the best hitting teams in the conference. His praise is warranted. Just because one spot in the order is not hitting extremely well right this second does not change the overall work he has done with these hitters.

Turfdawg67
04-24-2019, 06:23 PM

I was out of line, my bad.

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2019, 09:24 PM

Thomas Dillard has the Freddy Kitchens body...looks like a U of Oklahoma butch Softball player

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Thomas Dillard has the Freddy Kitchens body...looks like a U of Oklahoma butch Softball player

There's a reason why MLB sees him as a DH/catcher. I think he ends up coming back for his senior year.