PDA

View Full Version : Mangum...........

West Tn Dawg
04-23-2019, 06:23 PM
puts himself in a hole every at bat. I can't remember the last time he didn't swing at a bad pitch on first pitch.

Hambone
04-23-2019, 06:44 PM
It’s gotten to the point where the pitchers don’t have to pitch to him anymore. He’s free swinging every time and isn’t getting good contact

West Tn Dawg
04-23-2019, 06:49 PM
It’s gotten to the point where the pitchers don’t have to pitch to him anymore. He’s free swinging every time and isn’t getting good contact

And we all know he is better than that. If he worked the count and made them come to him, he would be almost impossible to get out.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 06:54 PM
And this is the first stretch he’s done this? It’s maddening that the upcoming hit leader in the SEC doesn’t know how to approach the game while at the plate.

MarketingBully
04-23-2019, 07:09 PM
And the shitty hitting continues. This guy going for Ole Miss sucks and he is blanking us like the Arkansas QB did on Saturday. 1-0 Ole Miss in bottom of the 3rd.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Some of y’all are unreal

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Are y’all at the game? Because if not you don’t know shit about the quality of pitching or the swings of batters based on a radio broadcast

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 07:21 PM
Isn't he batting like .380? Holy shit people.

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 07:26 PM
And the shitty hitting continues. This guy going for Ole Miss sucks and he is blanking us like the Arkansas QB did on Saturday. 1-0 Ole Miss in bottom of the 3rd.

I guess THIS team sucks monkey balls too. ��*♂️

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 07:33 PM
A game thread is set up now so it can officially become a bitching thread. Again instead of enduring our poor players and coaches we can save money by hiring the experts we have here. We save money to use on other sports or better yet employ them in all sports. We have a few with answers to everything because no way a team should ever lose to any of the weak ass teams. Cmon Cohen save us so we never go through this again

Hambone
04-23-2019, 07:38 PM
I’m far from any expert what so ever, however I am able to make observations about how our lead off hitter is pressing at the current moment and swinging at the first pitch at a lot of his at bats.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 07:46 PM
I’m far from any expert what so ever, however I am able to make observations about how our lead off hitter is pressing at the current moment and swinging at the first pitch at a lot of his at bats.

Probably because he has a record that is in front of him. Dude has to have got a lot on him mentally. He sets the record and shit changes. He didn’t get here by being bad but he has to be pressing due to the record

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 07:54 PM

No, you're right. MFer should be batting .500!!***. I mean the soon-to-be all-time SEC hit leader could use a few tips from a keyboard cowboy who maybe went 3-3 in a T-ball game once.

Jarius
04-23-2019, 08:47 PM
I?m far from any expert what so ever, however I am able to make observations about how our lead off hitter is pressing at the current moment and swinging at the first pitch at a lot of his at bats.

He is 1-3 with a walk tonight and he is batting about .385 on the year. He has been swinging at the first pitch for 4 years.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:48 PM

He's done it for four years. It's not new.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:48 PM
He is 1-2 with 2 walks tonight and he’s batting about .385 on the year. He has been swinging at the first pitch for 4 years.

True. But he doesn't have a walk tonight. He has one hbp and 1-3

Jarius
04-23-2019, 08:51 PM
True. But he doesn't have a walk tonight. He has one hbp and 1-3

Sorry I misread the stats. Either way, he has an obp of .500 so I do not know what the big deal is considering it is what he has done for his entire career. Batting .430 or whatever he was hitting is not sustainable. He is fine.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:54 PM
500 obp. Not bad for a guy chasing a record. Seriously not being a smart add but I think until the record is broken he will press. Got to be a lot of pressure. I honestly don’t know but if I was in his shoes I’m thinking the baseball looks a little different. Has to be hard to battle the upcoming thoughts of that moment. When he sets it we get a different mentality from him

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:49 PM
Isn't he batting like .380? Holy shit people.

Would be about .480 if he didnt swing at balls 8 inches off the plate on the first pitch.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 10:03 PM
He is now mayor of two cities, Starkville and Pearl and is governor of the state of mississippi at the same time. How did he get all 8 rbis?

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Mangum......is Ole Miss's daddy

Johnson85
04-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Would be about .480 if he didnt swing at balls 8 inches off the plate on the first pitch.

Meh. Not sure you can just change the approach without hurting him. He's never going to draw walks unless you want him taking two strikes because he's just going to put the ball in play too much on the strikes he does swing at. And if you just want him being less aggressive, not sure how that impacts him on pitches in the zone. He is basically expecting to swing at every pitch. He chases and hits a lot of balls out of the strike zone, but he is also quickly committed to hitting balls in the strike zone, which I assume helps him on those.

I'm inclined to not second guess his approach since it's been mildly successful over his career.

Todd4State
04-24-2019, 10:12 AM
With a player like Mangum you don't change anything about him. You take the good with the bad- just like you would take Babe Ruth's strikeouts- because the good is really, really good.

Taking away his aggressiveness actually would probably hurt his offense more than help. His aggressiveness causes havoc. Ask Bianco.