PDA

View Full Version : Mid Season Report Card

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I want you to go through and rank every position group from A+ to F-. Feel free to give as much or little reasoning for each grade. I did this on my site yesterday http://3rdand57.com/msu-report-card/ and am curious to what everyone is thinking.

QB
RB
TE
WR
OL
DE
DT
LB
CB
S
ST

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
QB - A
RB - C
TE - D
WR - C
OL - B+
DE - C-
DT - A-
LB - B+
CB - C
S - D+
ST - C-

fishwater99
10-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I want you to go through and rank every position group from A+ to F-. Feel free to give as much or little reasoning for each grade. I did this on my site yesterday http://3rdand57.com/msu-report-card/ and am curious to what everyone is thinking.

QB
RB
TE
WR
OL
DE
DT
LB
CB
S
ST

You left off Head Coach, OC and DC

TheRef
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
QB: B- (Make a decision on who is starting. Dak is clearly making the team run smoother. But Russell has experience.)
RB: C (Not utilizing the position as it should)
TE: B+ (TE's are doing fairly well in blocking and catching. Might be the best group on Offense)
WR: C+ (We simply don't have a HR threat)
OL: D+ (Can't seem to get a good push on the line during running plays and can't stop a competent pass rush)
DE: A- (Most of the time crashing too early, but with the addition of Chris Jones we are doing well)
DT: B+ (Not quite as good as the DE but still good enough to create slight havoc when in the right situation)
LB: C+ (McKinney may be one of the best LBs in the SEC right now with just the natural instinct)
CB: F (Youth is definitely the underlying factor with this group. They have raw talent, but aren't utilizing it and are just too short)
S: D+ (We need someone other than Whitley...that is all)
ST: C+ (Punt cover is still amazing with Swedenberg punting it. FG kicking is HORRENDOUS. Kickoff cover is good. Kick Return has a slight show of life.)

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm seeing a few major differences in mine and yalls. The QB position has a 5 to 5 TD to INT ratio. I can give no higher than barley passing C- for that stat alone. Gotta do better there. I gave DT a D. Only reason they didn't get an F is Chris Jones sliding down and giving that position group life. PJ Jones and Kaleb Eulls have done nothing to this point. Virges hasn't shown up. Quay hasn't gotten reps. Nelson Adams looks decent for a freshman but he isn't ready for the big time. DT has been the biggest disappointment to me on the whole team.

Here are all of mine for those that didn't go to the link:

QB C-
RB C+
TE C
WR C+
OL B
DE C+
DT D
LB B-
CB C-
S C-
ST F

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Aside from Bell's inconsistency, the ST has been pretty good. I gave QB an A because Dak has made our offense click and makes our running game strong.

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
QB: B- (Make a decision on who is starting. Dak is clearly making the team run smoother. But Russell has experience.)
RB: C (Not utilizing the position as it should)
TE: B+ (TE's are doing fairly well in blocking and catching. Might be the best group on Offense)
WR: C+ (We simply don't have a HR threat)
OL: D+ (Can't seem to get a good push on the line during running plays and can't stop a competent pass rush)
DE: A- (Most of the time crashing too early, but with the addition of Chris Jones we are doing well)
DT: B+ (Not quite as good as the DE but still good enough to create slight havoc when in the right situation)
LB: C+ (McKinney may be one of the best LBs in the SEC right now with just the natural instinct)
CB: F (Youth is definitely the underlying factor with this group. They have raw talent, but aren't utilizing it and are just too short)
S: D+ (We need someone other than Whitley...that is all)
ST: C+ (Punt cover is still amazing with Swedenberg punting it. FG kicking is HORRENDOUS. Kickoff cover is good. Kick Return has a slight show of life.)

I pretty much agree with all your offensive skill position assessments even though our grades are a little different. I think the OL has done a nice job considering injuries. We have the SEC's 4th best rushing attack and are top half in sacks allowed.

We start disagreeing a bit on defense. I like our DEs too. We agree there. DT I've already state my feelings there. I think Richie, Beni, and Wells have done a nice enough job for me to give a slightly higher grade on LBs. I was a bit easier on CB b/c I see a lot of young guys that can improve down the stretch but we are in agreement that the play needs to improve. Safety hasn't been very good. We agree on Swedenburg b/c he has been awesome. I had to give an F based on FG kicking and Mullen's terrible fake calls. Those types of things will lose you a game and outweighs how well we punt IMO.

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Aside from Bell's inconsistency, the ST has been pretty good. I gave QB an A because Dak has made our offense click and makes our running game strong.

Punt and kickoff coverage have been good. FG and the xtra point fakes have been horrendous. I really like Dak too (he's been my avi since this board started). No doubt he is our guy and our offense moves it well with him. He currently has 3 TDs to 3 INTs. I think if you asked him he's tell you that isn't good enough. If we make a bowl it will take some separation in those stats favoring the TDs.

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
3 TD - 3 INT is only passing right?

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 11:23 AM
3 TD - 3 INT is only passing right?

Ya. His rushing has been great. Dak going next level will be getting those passing TDs up and protecting the ball. If Dak can get to a 2.5 TD to 1 INT ratio and 60% completion, he will be filthy

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Without looking at anybody else's first and just going by my first thought...

QB - B+ (Dak has been as advertised, but passing can improve)
RB - C- (This is more on coaching, and how we misuse our backs)
TE - D (This is more on coaching, and how we don't make TE's a big enough part of our plan)
WR - B (I've been pleased with this group, especially Lewis)
OL - B (Not great in the RB run game, but solid overall)
DE - B (Preston Smith A+, Denico is a D or F)
DT - A- (Best improvement on the whole team IMO)
LB - C (Not many big plays, but not poor play either. I expected more at this point. Wells is A+)
CB - D (Just a young group but talented. They haven't been taught to play a good zone to hide youth. Cox is disappointing)
S - F (Terrible in coverage, terrible at tackling and wrapping up, out of position constantly. Starting a crippled guy)
ST - D- (If Bell didn't suck, this would be an A in every other area...but Bell brings it down to nearly an F)

OC - C (Signs of good play calling, but very inconsistent and go into Dansbury Stall too much)
DC - B- (Very solid except for the last 2 min of each half and any time we go zone.)
Head Coach - D- (Very disappointed in preparation, on field coaching, attitude, and personnel moves)

cbrunt29
10-22-2013, 06:53 PM
QB B (Russell and Prescott are both decent but not great)
RB C- (haven't established a solid running game with our backs yet)
TE C (Can't give a solid grade on this one because we haven't used our TE's that much)
WR B+ (A bunch of young guys have stepped up and done very well. We'll have a lot of strength in this are for the next few years)
OL B+ (they've done a good job for the most part)
DE B- (haven't been able to rack up as many sacks as I would want but pleased with somewhat stopping the running game)
DT B+(they've done a really good job this year)
LB B- (a lot of guys have stepped up and done pretty well)
CB C- (have done better than I thought they would but still have a lot to learn in order to stop offenses from passing all over them)
S D (Yeah, we suck here.)
ST C (the only reason it's a C is Swedenburg. Bell is like an F-)

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
QB: C- we can't score in the 2nd half and can't convert third downs.
RB: C - we're ok given our offensive line problems, but we're not using our players right here IMO.
TE: Incomplete - I have no clue where they are.
WR: B - this group has played surprisingly well to me.
OL: D - injuries and being banged up could be to blame, but we're awful on 3rd down and running the ball with our RBs.
DE: Smith - A, everyone else, C-
DT: C - not terrible but make some more plays please.
LB: B+ - that's he only group that hasn't consistently left me asking for more.
CB: B- - given the injuries sand lack of personnel, I think they've held their own.
S: D - Haven't looked good as the last line of defense in the run game or pass game.
ST[/QUOTE]