PDA

View Full Version : So football got rings for winning egg bowl?

msstate7
04-23-2019, 11:56 AM
OM was 5-7 (1-7) this year. We gave rings for beating them? Jeez

smootness
04-23-2019, 11:58 AM
OM was 5-7 (1-7) this year. We gave rings for beating them? Jeez

Moorhead had to make sure Fitzgerald had something to go in that space he cleared out in the trophy case.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Did baseball get rings for winning SBW?

msstate7
04-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Moorhead had to make sure Fitzgerald had something to go in that space he cleared out in the trophy case.

I owe Moorhead an apology... he lived up to the championship standard, and we have the rings to prove it

Drugdog
04-23-2019, 12:05 PM
That’s embarrassing. Moorehead will go down as our second worst coaching hire ever.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2019, 12:14 PM
Didn't some on here bash Dan for not taking the Egg Bowl seriously enough after about 2012? Well Moorhead is damn sure taking it seriously by giving out bling and now people are bashing. Some of y'all just can't be pleased.***

msstate7
04-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Didn't some on here bash Dan for not taking the Egg Bowl seriously enough after about 2012? Well Moorhead is damn sure taking it seriously by giving out bling and now people are bashing. Some of y'all just can't be pleased.***
That he is haha

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 12:24 PM
That’s embarrassing. Moorehead will go down as our second worst coaching hire ever.

Rick Ray and Croom have locked that award up for good

confucius say
04-23-2019, 01:06 PM
I have no problem with this. Incentivize the hell out of beating them. I like it.

Percho
04-23-2019, 01:08 PM

Actually most are just, opinions! Know what I mean?

vv83
04-23-2019, 01:21 PM
People complaining about this are beyond out of touch

Todd4State
04-23-2019, 01:46 PM
I heard we got rings for beating Jimbo Fisher.

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 01:46 PM
That is just embarrassing. Can you imagine what we'd be saying if Ole Miss did that?

CadaverDawg
04-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Rings for beating Mississippi?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlvtIPzPdt2usKs/giphy.gif

confucius say
04-23-2019, 02:17 PM
That is just embarrassing. Can you imagine what we'd be saying if Ole Miss did that?

Well we love to complain, so probably smn like "they put more emphasis on the game than we do and that's why they beat us. Luke hates state and will always put a huge emphasis on the egg bowl. Joe better start showing some emotion. Howland too damn it."

How's that?

Jarius
04-23-2019, 02:22 PM
Dan Mullen put the attendance of the 2010 spring game as the egg bowl score, said he was never losing to Ole Miss again, had a countdown clock, told everyone that rival schools were making things up about him wanting to leave, called Ole Miss “the school up north”, and claimed winning bowl games like the Liberty Bowl and Music City Bowl as us “winning championships”. Joe Moorhead never says a word about them until it is game week and never stirs up any drama with them that is unnecessary. That ring also has “Outback Bowl” written on it. How dare Joe try to do something nice for his players.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 02:30 PM
If we sweep them in baseball I'd be for giving baseball a ring too.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 02:32 PM
If we sweep them in baseball I'd be for giving baseball a ring too.

I think we should give a pinky ring for splitting in basketball.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2019, 02:34 PM
I think we should give a pinky ring for splitting in basketball.

Nipple rings if we lose to them

msstate7
04-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Or if Mullen gave the gators one for beating FSU? Either one would have 12 pages of posts making fun of them

Gutter Cobreh
04-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Or if Mullen gave the gators one for beating FSU? Either one would have 12 pages of posts making fun of them

Who cares? This whole thread is ignorant. God forbid the coach does something for the players because fans are too worried about what someone else thinks... Some of you folks need to grow a pair and stop validating your self worth using other people's opinions.

Dolphus Raymond
04-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Since they do not have to pay millions in attorney fees to defend us from the NCAA, the MSU Athletic Department to spend the excess cash on something.******

msstate7
04-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Who cares? This whole thread is ignorant. God forbid the coach does something for the players because fans are too worried about what someone else thinks... Some of you folks need to grow a pair and stop validating your self worth using other people's opinions.

That's what you think that I validate my self worth with other opinions here? Jeez... my opinion is hardly ever the consensus here, and that never affects my opinion.

Participation trophies are weak

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 03:46 PM

It's not that deep. We're just having some fun with it.

vv83
04-23-2019, 04:05 PM
That's what you think that I validate my self worth with other opinions here? Jeez... my opinion is hardly ever the consensus here, and that never affects my opinion.

This amazes me. If we lose to them this board melts and wants to clear house but if we beat them in our biggest rivalry game and reward our players with hardware for doing so it's a participation trophy.

I always thought a participation trophy was given to losers to make them feel better. Last I checked we won the egg bowl

Jack Lambert
04-23-2019, 04:06 PM
I guess if this is stupid then having a name and a trophy for the game is stupid.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Participation trophies would be if we lost. We won.

What specifically irks you about the ring. You think beating OM is not important enough to warrant a ring?

msstate7
04-23-2019, 04:14 PM

What specifically irks you about the ring. You think beating OM is not important enough to warrant a ring?

No, I don't. Om was 1-7 in conference play last year.

ETA... did vandy give rings for beating om too?

msstate7
04-23-2019, 04:14 PM
This amazes me. If we lose to them this board melts and wants to clear house but if we beat them in our biggest rivalry game and reward our players with hardware for doing so it's a participation trophy.

I always thought a participation trophy was given to losers to make them feel better. Last I checked we won the egg bowl

Why did the ring have outback bowl on it too?

DownwardDawg
04-23-2019, 04:20 PM
I have no issue at all with this. Whatever it takes to motivate them to whip that butt every year.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Nipple rings if we lose to them

Nah, Prince Alberta for everyone.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 05:51 PM
No, I don't. Om was 1-7 in conference play last year.

ETA... did vandy give rings for beating om too?

So we should only give rings if OM is good?

Vandy and OM are not hated rivals.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 05:59 PM
So we should only give rings if OM is good?

Vandy and OM are not hated rivals.

We should never give rings for winning a regular season rivalry game. I don't think we should give rings for anything less than an actual championship. They're called "championship rings" for a reason

BeardoMSU
04-23-2019, 06:00 PM
You think beating OM is not important enough to warrant a ring?

What if we went 1-11 and they were our only win? Do we still do the ring thing?

I know they're our rival, and it matters a lot to win that game, but beating them shouldn't define our season. I absolutely hated when Dan would say "he could go 1-11 and as long as our 1 win was OM, he'd be loved"...I just think that makes us look small as hell. Beating your rival IS important, but so is taking steps forward as a program, playing in NYD bowls, access bowls, etc.

My 2 cents.

TUSK
04-23-2019, 06:09 PM

I know they're our rival, and it matters a lot to win that game, but beating them shouldn't define our season. I absolutely hated when Dan would say "he could go 1-11 and as long as our 1 win was OM, he'd be loved"...I just think that makes us look small as hell. Beating your rival IS important, but so is taking steps forward as a program, playing in NYD bowls, access bowls, etc.

My 2 cents.

That's kinda how I think, Beardo... Using non-traditional awards for beating a rival just enhances one's rival, IMO...

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:17 PM
Im fine with it. If we wouldve lost yall wouldve wanted to fire him. I guess some people will hate on him no matter what. I promise you the kids loved it

BeastMan
04-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Yet another example of Moorehead being a clown show. OM was freaking terrible, we underachieved, and he gave out rings? God he is terrible

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:33 PM
I’m not. Screw that. Give a ring for amazing play for the season. I’m like 7 I’m sick of motivation by participation trophies. Produce Excellence and be rewarded by excellence.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:36 PM
My child gets a C in school they ain’t getting a trophy they getting hell from dad! Praise mediocrity you get it. Raise the bar and expectations. Demand it.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 08:45 PM
Yet another example of Moorehead being a clown show. OM was freaking terrible, we underachieved, and he gave out rings? God he is terrible

Yea lets fire him now....You sound like an 80 year old man right here man. If the kids love it, I love it. If its a big enough game you do something for it, and thats the biggest game of the year every year.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:47 PM

That's gold!!

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:51 PM

It's stupid to give rings for the egg bowl. Just dumb especially when they sucked donkey balls. But whatever. You have your opinion. I'll have mine. Thanks.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:53 PM
I have no issue at all with this. Whatever it takes to motivate them to whip that butt every year.

So he had to promise them a ring to get them to win? Hahaha. Hell most of them wanted to pawn it anyway.

Homedawg
04-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Im fine with it. If we wouldve lost yall wouldve wanted to fire him. I guess some people will hate on him no matter what. I promise you the kids loved it

We won. He will be fired soon enough....

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 08:57 PM
You don’t give a ring to someone who made a C when at worst deserved a B. To raise expectations you set higher goals.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:01 PM
We won. He will be fired soon enough....

Dont jump back on the train if we win this year. Some of yall are wild

DancingRabbit
04-23-2019, 09:02 PM
So he had to promise them a ring to get them to win? Hahaha. Hell most of them wanted to pawn it anyway.

Not sure what this means. Why would they pawn them?

confucius say
04-23-2019, 09:04 PM
We should never give rings for winning a regular season rivalry game. I don't think we should give rings for anything less than an actual championship. They're called "championship rings" for a reason

I disagree. I'm not saying it has to be a ring, but I fully support giving smn for beating OM. A parade, a PlayStation, smn.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 09:07 PM

My 2 cents.

Yes.

And I agree it shouldn't define our season. There are bigger things, such as those you mention. But it should always be a top priority to beat them. Always. Anyrhing to incentivize that and make it s big deal, I'm all for it.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Bitching about this is bitching just to bitch. Some of yall have already dug his grave

confucius say
04-23-2019, 09:12 PM
Dont jump back on the train if we win this year. Some of yall are wild

Joe can average a 7.1-4.9 regular season here just like dan did and folks will want him gone. That is joes biggest problem.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:14 PM
Joe can average a 7.1-4.9 regular season here just like dan did and folks will want him gone. That is joes biggest problem.

We will win 7-8 games this year and people will still bitch about 2018

msstate7
04-23-2019, 09:15 PM

This is such a false statement. I adjust expectations year-to-year. Last season should've been a 10-win regular season. This season, I expect 6 wins, and won't be mad if we get them.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Yes.

And I agree it shouldn't define our season. There are bigger things, such as those you mention. But it should always be a top priority to beat them. Always. Anyrhing to incentivize that and make it s big deal, I'm all for it.
It’s always great to be a rival but we don’t recruit to beat 1 team. We don’t play to win 1 game. We play to be special and every team should have the same goals. I don’t believe you give special treatment to anyone who was better because of another’s weakness. It’s about rewarding the long haul, the season. Special deseserves special.
While I loved the win and don’t agree with the recognition of 1 game I do still believe in the coaches at this point but I don’t believe any team should be recognized for 1 game I believe it has to be recognized for greatness over a whole year

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:34 PM

Yeah, rings are for 17n championships. Not beating a 1-7 rival. That is what the rival game trophy is for. You want a ring, stop losing 17n games to Bama and everyone else with a pulse.

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm betting MSU had already bought the rings for making the Outback bowl and then Joe decided it was better to label them as Egg Bowl winning rings instead of Outback appearance rings.

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 09:43 PM
This is such a false statement. I adjust expectations year-to-year. Last season should've been a 10-win regular season. This season, I expect 6 wins, and won't be mad if we get them.

You've lost your brain if you think post-injury Fitz is a ten win QB. Just stop.

BeastMan
04-23-2019, 09:44 PM
We will win 7-8 games this year and people will still bitch about 2018

If he wins 8 next year I’ll be shocked and he’ll regain some fan confidence. I think he’s in the 5-7 range. 7 will keep folks happy enough, 6 will keep his job safe but fan base will be very restless, and 5 will be a shitshow. If anything under 5 happens Cohen’s seat gets warm too.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Bitching about this is bitching just to bitch. Some of yall have already dug his grave

Dug his grave? I want to see one iota of progress beyond keeping our d coordinator from one season to the next for the first time in 6 years.

I want to see our offense work.
I want to see our QB complete 60% of his passes.
I want to see our running game work without running the qb 250 times and our best weapon rb 130 times.
I want to see our QB use his athleticism to buy him time to use his arm.

I will tell you what.....you want rings, give it to them after they 17n do something. UM 17n sucks and we lost to Iowa. Gator bowl doesn't mean shit if you lose it and only got there by beating Kansas State.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 09:46 PM
You've lost your brain if you think post-injury Fitz is a ten win QB. Just stop.

We could have beaten UF and maybe UK to get there.

preachermatt83
04-23-2019, 09:49 PM

+1

preachermatt83
04-23-2019, 09:52 PM

Dan took over a team that won 4 games... Moorhead took over the most talented roster we?ve possibly ever had. Situations are different.

preachermatt83
04-23-2019, 09:53 PM
If he wins 8 next year I?ll be shocked and he?ll regain some fan confidence. I think he?s in the 5-7 range. 7 will keep folks happy enough, 6 will keep his job safe but fan base will be very restless, and 5 will be a shitshow. If anything under 5 happens Cohen?s seat gets warm too.

Yup

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 10:01 PM
Dug his grave? I want to see one iota of progress beyond keeping our d coordinator from one season to the next for the first time in 6 years.

I want to see our offense work.
I want to see our QB complete 60% of his passes.
I want to see our running game work without running the qb 250 times and our best weapon rb 130 times.
I want to see our QB use his athleticism to buy him time to use his arm.

I will tell you what.....you want rings, give it to them after they 17n do something. UM 17n sucks and we lost to Iowa. Gator bowl doesn't mean shit if you lose it and only got there by beating Kansas State.

I could care less about completion percentage or who gets the ball as long as we win. And we will win. Its going to be ok. Moorhead will be fine. You can blame Daniel Mullen for running off the DC's. Mullen's offense didnt piss a drop in a lot of games vs Bama, LSU, either. He also lost to Northwestern in the gator bowl so...

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 10:01 PM
+1

Yawn

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 10:05 PM
Ole Miss would have extended Luke had they won the game so dont let them tell you shit. This board wouldve went full nuclear had we lost.

DancingRabbit
04-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Dan took over a team that won 4 games... Moorhead took over the most talented roster we?ve possibly ever had. Situations are different.

You mean the same roster that Dan won 8 games with in 2017?

Dawg2003
04-23-2019, 10:11 PM
It was the most talented defensive roster. Unfortunately, the offense left a lot to be desired at WR and QB.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 10:12 PM

I didn't mean you specifically.

Don't forget, many wanted dan gone too.

confucius say
04-23-2019, 10:17 PM

Ok. Take dans first year out and it makes him a 7.38-4.62 coach. The 2010 team had every much if not more talent than the 2019 so it is wash by year two of their respective tenures.

Joe can do the same thing and people will want him gone.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Look, we are all ready to get a team together that is ready to compete every game. You do not have to win every game, just compete. We missed the mark last year. Joe has another opportunity this year.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 10:27 PM
It was the most talented defensive roster. Unfortunately, the offense left a lot to be desired at WR and QB.

This board will lose it if fitz is drafted this weekend

I find it funny how the board flipped from the offseason

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68142-Why-Miss-State-will-win-the-SEC-West-in-2018-by-C34&highlight=Fitz

Bothrops
04-23-2019, 10:32 PM
That?s embarrassing. Moorehead will go down as our second worst coaching hire ever.

Why post this?

Tmjdog
04-23-2019, 10:35 PM
People complaining about this are beyond out of touch

I hope to meet many ex players over the next few years who will
proudly show me their egg bowl ring. I say celebrate every chance you get.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 10:42 PM
It easy to blame a coaching staff vs the fact we are set up in the West to be last or next to last. We have nowhere near the money facilities or love by the conference. We can dream but we are set up like Mississippi and Arkansas to be lower tier teams in the SEC. And if we rattle the conference cage we will be penalized by key bad calls or investigation by the NCAA. JUst my black helicopter conspiracy thoughts and im guessing im right. We fight about what we need to win the west and I’m gonna say as a 55 yr old man that the 3 I mentioned won’t win the West in the next 20 years

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 10:44 PM
We could have beaten UF and maybe UK to get there.

No we couldn't have. Kentucky skull****ed us the entire 4th quarter and Florida just kicked FGs all game instead going for TDs. Mullen coulda won that game by 21-28 but didn't wanna show us up.

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 10:49 PM
This board will lose it if fitz is drafted this weekend

I find it funny how the board flipped from the offseason

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68142-Why-Miss-State-will-win-the-SEC-West-in-2018-by-C34&highlight=Fitz

Using C34's take as your basis for everyone else is an interesting strategy. Fitz actually only won 7 games last year. He's a below average passer, well below average decision maker passing, below average blitz reader and an elite runner but that never wins you 10 games in the SEC as a Qb no matter if Vegas favors you to.

Dawgcap
04-23-2019, 10:50 PM
No we couldn't have. Kentucky skull****ed us the entire 4th quarter and Florida just kicked FGs all game instead going for TDs. Mullen coulda won that game by 21-28 but didn't wanna show us up.

I was at both and like Lord we should have beat Florida and with an identity might would of beat UK. You can’t make these assumptions based on a Dunkin Donut employees take!!

msstate7
04-23-2019, 10:52 PM
Using C34's take as your basis for everyone else is an interesting strategy. Fitz actually only won 7 games last year. He's a below average passer, well below average decision maker passing, below average blitz reader and an elite runner but that never wins you 10 games in the SEC as a Qb no matter if Vegas favors you to.

Guess C34 was the only poster in that thread or you didn't read it

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 10:57 PM
Guess C34 was the only poster in that thread or you didn't read it

It's a ten month old thread about how we're gonna win the SEC West. Why would I read that shit? You shouldn't either.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 11:00 PM
It's a ten month old thread about how we're gonna win the SEC West. Why would I read that shit? You shouldn't either.

Just shows the transformation of we're a contender to we should kiss the egg bowl championship ring bc joe won 8.

And I'll read what I like. Thanks for the advice though

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 11:05 PM
Just shows the transformation of we're a contender to we should kiss the egg bowl championship ring bc joe won 8.

And I'll read what I like. Thanks for the advice though

Don't lump me in with the bots. We were never a ten win team with a Qb that cant read or see a guy blitzing straight at his face.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 11:24 PM

Post less

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 11:32 PM
Post less

Damn the don't understand what they're watching posse is growing by the post in this thread.

yjnkdawg
04-24-2019, 12:03 AM

With Mullen's ego, that doesn't compute.

Relardo Sidney
04-24-2019, 12:14 AM
With Mullen's ego, that doesn't compute.

He punted the ball three times on our side of the field in the 4th quarter. He knew Fitz couldn't do anything against his defense.

yjnkdawg
04-24-2019, 12:29 AM

The people who actually know about what is involved when a coach takes another job (and not from some message board ) said that the situation that JoeMo came in was one of the most difficult ones a coach could come in. The high expectations (some unrealistic) most of us had, and the short time to put a staff together, trying to keep the recruiting class, plus try to add more, early signing period, short time learning and getting to know the players, and what were their strengths and weaknesses and implementing a new offense. Then you don't have the quarterback you need to run it so it has to be watered down. And whether you know it or not that injury to Fitz affected him both mentally and physically . That was a horrific injury. So where Mullen could have done this or that, we don't know. One thing for certain though we didn't hire JoeMo to run a Mullen type offense. We wanted a more wide open unpredictable offense which included down the field passing, and a quarterback proficient in being able to read a defense, and run the JoeMo offense. Well, we didn't have a quarterback available who could do that. So actually Mullen came into a lot lesser pressure situation than JoeMo did.