Tyree Jackson: 25
Dwayne Haskins: 25
Sean McGuire: 22
Kyler Murray: 20

Think this hurts Murray?

Dang, minshew, pretty good

Todd4State
04-22-2019, 09:06 PM
So much for Mississippi produces QB's that aren't smart enough to run a sophisticated offense. Not getting Minchew was a bad recruiting feaux paeux.

Bothrops
04-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Minshew went to the right place to get him to the NFL. He has the tools, but also the "it" factor.

Cooterpoot
04-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Minchew wasn?t a fit for Dans offense. Murray is a bust waiting to happen.

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2019, 10:19 PM
I saw an article saying the Cardinals floated out the rumor of Murray to see if it would drive ticket sales. It hasn't so they are backing up their plans. I am guessing they don't think he is a big enough upgrade from Rosen so they either trade back or take Bosa.

BeastMan
04-22-2019, 10:56 PM
Kyler says bust all over. Despite his score I like Lock and my late round developmental pick is Jackson. Love his tools. If I had a new franchise QB, like a Cleveland, I would love to have a guy like Gardner. Let him develop and be a cheap back-up. You know the mental capacity to run the offense is there. I’m rooting for him to get drafted and make a squad.

Irondawg
04-22-2019, 11:05 PM
so what about Fitz?

MetEdDawg
04-22-2019, 11:08 PM
I really like Locke. He has a good arm, found success against multiple SEC defenses, and had crap talent playing around him and still found ways to win. He's highly underrated I think.

As far as Murray goes, I can't in my right mind get Murray. I just can't. I have Rosen, and hate him or like him, getting another QB the next year after you drafted one is how you kill a franchise. 2 potential first round busts and you haven't done anything to upgrade the talent around the QB. If I'm the Cardinals, I trade down a couple picks to try and stockpile some picks. Get a Williams on DL and a top flight WR. That gives Rosen a year and gives him another weapon. Then if Rosen can't handle it and you suck, you have a chance at being in the sweepstakes in potentially one of the Top 3 QB drafts of all time in 2020. But if they don't get better talent it won't matter who throws the football. They will still suck.

BeastMan
04-22-2019, 11:14 PM
so what about Fitz?

He needed a passing score but struggled to complete it.

Todd4State
04-22-2019, 11:18 PM
Minchew wasn?t a fit for Dans offense. Murray is a bust waiting to happen.

It's not as bad as us missing on Jerry Rice because we ran the wishbone but similar premise.

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2019, 12:00 AM
Kyler says bust all over. Despite his score I like Lock and my late round developmental pick is Jackson. Love his tools. If I had a new franchise QB, like a Cleveland, I would love to have a guy like Gardner. Let him develop and be a cheap back-up. You know the mental capacity to run the offense is there. I’m rooting for him to get drafted and make a squad.

Kyler is a smart kid.

Wonderlich doesn't measure football intelligence in anyway and he's got that in spades.

I think he'll be pretty good.

Red Sox Dawg
04-23-2019, 12:02 AM

Well played. Rep given.

dantheman4248
04-23-2019, 02:53 AM
High (40+) Wonderlic scores actually are a negative because it shows the propensity to “overthink”. Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick are examples. Take 0 stock in how it affects draft stock.

Cooterpoot
04-23-2019, 03:20 AM
Average QB score is 21. Peyton and Breesus scored a 28. The top QBs generally score 25-37. It’s not like he’s Romero Miller who got an 11 or Vince Young with a 6.

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 04:48 AM
Average QB score is 21. Peyton and Breesus scored a 28. The top QBs generally score 25-37. It’s not like he’s Romero Miller who got an 11 or Vince Young with a 6.

The scores from highly regarded Qb's below suggest you're incorrect

Dan Marino 15
Terry Bradshaw 15
Jeff George 10
Jim Kelly 15
Neil O'Donnell 15
Heath Shuler 16
Phil Sims 10
Vinny Testaverde 17

dantheman4248
04-23-2019, 05:11 AM

Dan Marino 15
Terry Bradshaw 15
Jeff George 10
Jim Kelly 15
Neil O'Donnell 15
Heath Shuler 16
Phil Sims 10
Vinny Testaverde 17

Comments like this show the people who don’t understand language and statistics.

“Generally” -> that means that there are exceptions.

Just because there are exceptions to a trend DOES NOT disprove the trend. Outliers happen. That’s statistics. You named 8 QBs. There are probably easily 100+ better QBs in NFL history than shuler and George. The sheer fact you mentioned Heath shuler on that list is honestly a joke.

So 7 out of say 250 QBs fall outside the general range. That means a trend is good. A good general range is when more than 50% do something. You’ve shown that 2.8% don’t fall in that range... that makes that trend a 97.2% likelihood. That’s amazing odds. Your comment is dumb and you should think twice before commenting on statistics again.

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 05:21 AM
Comments like this show the people who don’t understand language and statistics.

“Generally” -> that means that there are exceptions.

Just because there are exceptions to a trend DOES NOT disprove the trend. Outliers happen. That’s statistics. You named 8 QBs. There are probably easily 100+ better QBs in NFL history than shuler and George. The sheer fact you mentioned Heath shuler on that list is honestly a joke.

So 7 out of say 250 QBs fall outside the general range. That means a trend is good. A good general range is when more than 50% do something. You’ve shown that 2.8% don’t fall in that range... that makes that trend a 97.2% likelihood. That’s amazing odds. Your comment is dumb and you should think twice before commenting on statistics again.

Go learn football, idiot. Anyone that suggests this test is an indicator of success on the field is just as ignorant as yourself. Keep teaching math class and leave the football conversation to those with intelligence.
By the way your negative rep does not bother me..lol.

Rick Danko
04-23-2019, 05:56 AM
Go learn football, idiot. Anyone that suggests this test is an indicator of success on the field is just as ignorant as yourself. Keep teaching math class and leave the football conversation to those with intelligence.

Good lord, does it make you sleep better at night to know you showed him by calling him an idiot on a message board...man civility sure takes a back seat these days when someone is on the keyboard....

msstate7
04-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Supposedly this is a sample of the wonderlic test...

https://i.postimg.cc/Sx3FkmML/0-F0-E5-C54-A194-4-D07-B6-F4-7-C65963-C14-E3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

smootness
04-23-2019, 07:44 AM

Dan Marino 15
Terry Bradshaw 15
Jeff George 10
Jim Kelly 15
Neil O'Donnell 15
Heath Shuler 16
Phil Sims 10
Vinny Testaverde 17

This list almost hurts your point as much as it helps it.

BeastMan
04-23-2019, 07:57 AM
Kyler is a smart kid.

Wonderlich doesn't measure football intelligence in anyway and he's got that in spades.

He’s tiny and only played 1 year of big-time CFB and the Big12 just isn’t a good defensive league. I don’t like him as a pro for the same reason I don’t like Tua as a pro. I think Kyler will be a bust and if he has to start out the gate, we’ll find out quickly

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2019, 09:28 AM
He’s tiny and only played 1 year of big-time CFB and the Big12 just isn’t a good defensive league. I don’t like him as a pro for the same reason I don’t like Tua as a pro. I think Kyler will be a bust and if he has to start out the gate, we’ll find out quickly

No doubt. You could certainly be right.

There is a lot more substance to the kid than what you just stated though. Grew up the son of a college QB & Dallas QB guru. Kyler is one of the most instinctual football players that I've ever seen. That's what I think people miss with him.

Everyone sees the size, Big 12, etc but don't realize how instinctual & easy football comes for him. Kyler is a mature, intelligent kid that knows football inside & out. He could literally roll out of bed & play at a high level.

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Good lord, does it make you sleep better at night to know you showed him by calling him an idiot on a message board...man civility sure takes a back seat these days when someone is on the keyboard....

Whatever man. He started with the insults I responded with the same aggression he took.

smootness
04-23-2019, 09:39 AM
Kyler Murray is going to be a very good NFL QB, IMO. He has the running ability of Lamar Jackson but a much better arm and much better decision-making. I think Jackson will bust hard, but I think Murray is going to be really good.

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 09:41 AM
This list almost hurts your point as much as it helps it.

The lists proved as much as having a wonderlic test at all. Both are only for discussion purposes.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 10:15 AM
Kyler is a smart kid.

It doesn't measure intelligence. It does measure how "fast" you think and make the right decision. Which, is pretty important in the NFL for a QB....

Murray used his athletic ability to offset a slow think in college. Ask RGIII and Johnny Football how well that works in the NFL...

dantheman4248
04-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Whatever man. He started with the insults I responded with the same aggression he took.
If you take it as an insult that you made a dumb comment it’s on you. Your list is bad. Your understanding of statistics is bad. I didn’t call you an idiot, but I guess you assumed I did. You’d be right that you’re an idiot but I didn’t say it. Again, learn statistics.

And no one is saying wonderlic is the end all, be all; however, it’s got a noticeable trend. It’s silly to throw out the trend because of Heath Shuler.

Tbonewannabe
04-23-2019, 10:23 AM
It doesn't measure intelligence. It does measure how "fast" you think and make the right decision. Which, is pretty important in the NFL for a QB....

Murray used his athletic ability to offset a slow think in college. Ask RGIII and Johnny Football how well that works in the NFL...

Doesn't the Wonderlic take into consideration how many questions you answer also? Someone that answered half but all correct would score lower than someone who answered 75% correct but answered all of the questions. I believe that is what I read somewhere.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 10:46 AM
Doesn't the Wonderlic take into consideration how many questions you answer also? Someone that answered half but all correct would score lower than someone who answered 75% correct but answered all of the questions. I believe that is what I read somewhere.
You have 12 mins and 50 questions

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 10:58 AM
If you take it as an insult that you made a dumb comment it’s on you. Your list is bad. Your understanding of statistics is bad. I didn’t call you an idiot, but I guess you assumed I did. You’d be right that you’re an idiot but I didn’t say it. Again, learn statistics.

And no one is saying wonderlic is the end all, be all; however, it’s got a noticeable trend. It’s silly to throw out the trend because of Heath Shuler.

Idiot, go back to teaching your math class.

Political Hack
04-23-2019, 11:15 AM
I though Lock would've been much higher on that. I think he's one of the few sleepers at QB this year.

If I had rosen, there's no way I'd spend the #1 on Murray. I don't think I'd take Bosa either. I'd trade out. There's no clear #1 IMO. I'd drop a few spots and get the best DL left. Can't go wrong with the top of that group.

msu15
04-23-2019, 11:17 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/Sx3FkmML/0-F0-E5-C54-A194-4-D07-B6-F4-7-C65963-C14-E3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The Wonderlic is required for the corporation that I work for. A score of 25 is the bare minimum corporate standard to even get an interview but you can go higher if you want for each individual location(we're a 30 minimum for example). Your sample is correct.

Hot Rock
04-23-2019, 11:20 AM

Sure, the Wonderlic is just a tool that has to be used with a grain of salt but to think it means nothing is just as wrong as thinking it means everything.

There is always a "why" though. Why are there a few guys that scored poorly and still did well? Did they play for a coach that simplified the plays for him? Did they have dyslexia which affected the score? Why? will need to be evaluated for each case. Every case is different and a particular QB can still have success but to think it means nothing is foolish.

Liverpooldawg
04-23-2019, 11:22 AM
It's not as bad as us missing on Jerry Rice because we ran the wishbone but similar premise.

I always heard Rice didn't qualify.

bulldawg28
04-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Sure, the Wonderlic is just a tool that has to be used with a grain of salt but to think it means nothing is just as wrong as thinking it means everything.

There is always a "why" though. Why are there a few guys that scored poorly and still did well? Did they play for a coach that simplified the plays for him? Did they have dyslexia which affected the score? Why? will need to be evaluated for each case. Every case is different and a particular QB can still have success but to think it means nothing is foolish.

I mostly agree with your narrative. However, it's to be taken with a grain of sslt.

Johnson85
04-23-2019, 12:19 PM
The Wonderlic is required for the corporation that I work for. A score of 25 is the bare minimum corporate standard to even get an interview but you can go higher if you want for each individual location(we're a 30 minimum for example). Your sample is correct.

As stupid as it is, your corporation can probably be successfully sued for that unless you can validate the test for the jobs you are using it for.

MStateDawg
04-23-2019, 12:44 PM
so what about Fitz?

Unknown according to this list:
https://wonderlictestsample.com/2019-nfl-draft-class-wonderlic-test-scores/

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2019, 02:24 PM

This is an awful, ignorant take. It's so far off, that I don't even know where to start addressing it.

The Wonderlich may have some credibility when people are learning something new, but when experience & instincts become involved, like football, the relevance of it is very very insignificant.

If we were all learning a new job that no one had any experience in, yes I'd want the best wonderlich or IQ level people but when others have grown up around that job, have been coached at an extremely high level their entire lives, & have expectations due to family succeeding in that job, I'm taking that guy even if he's not the smartest guy in the room.

In a vacuum, Wonderlich & IQs tests are important, but in reality, where experience, pedigrees, & upbringings are different, it does not matter as much.

What Kyler may lack in IQ, he more than makes up for in knowing the game probably better than anyone in this draft.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2019, 02:29 PM

Lol

I was going to say he only completed 20% of the questions, so it was inconclusive

msstate7
04-23-2019, 02:29 PM
This is an awful, ignorant take. It's so far off, that I don't even know where to start addressing it

Like your take is so much more important. Guess what shotgun, Murray being the GOAT isn't as sure as you think. Everyone's opinion (NFL GMs included) is a guess on all prospects

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Like your take is so much more important. Guess what shotgun, Murray being the GOAT isn't as sure as you think. Everyone's opinion (NFL GMs included) is a guess on all prospects

You're bitter

I didn't say Murray was a sure GOAT. I just said that people are missing things about him that are very very important

msstate7
04-23-2019, 02:35 PM
You're bitter

I didn't say Murray was a sure GOAT. I just said that people are missing things about him that are very very important

Maybe so. The great thing is this will be settled.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 02:51 PM
This is an awful, ignorant take. It's so far off, that I don't even know where to start addressing it.

The Wonderlich may have some credibility when people are learning something new, but when experience & instincts become involved, like football, the relevance of it is very very insignificant.

If we were all learning a new job that no one had any experience in, yes I'd want the best wonderlich or IQ level people but when others have grown up around that job, have been coached at an extremely high level their entire lives, & have expectations due to family succeeding in that job, I'm taking that guy even if he's not the smartest guy in the room.

In a vacuum, Wonderlich & IQs tests are important, but in reality, where experience, pedigrees, & upbringings are different, it does not matter as much.

What Kyler may lack in IQ, he more than makes up for in knowing the game probably better than anyone in this draft.

All this show is how ignorant you are of the Wonderlich test.

The questions are not hard. (see the blow post for an example) But you have to answer them fast. And they change between subjects for each one.

Johnny Football was way more athletic than Kyler.

IDK how much he " Knows the game" ( that that is such a bullshit take), if he has to think longer than it takes the dl to get to him, he's getting killed.

His Wonderlich score indicates that he is not a fast thinker.

You want to take him due to some magical " knowing the game better" undefinable bullshit, fine.

But pin this post.

I told you so.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 03:00 PM
You're bitter

And you are glossing over things that are just as important. Like he only played one year of college football...

His leadership and work ethic are questionable...

He, according to the test they use to measure it, is not a fast thinker, or not smart.

I did say he will be a bust.

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2019, 03:02 PM
All this show is how ignorant you are of the Wonderlich test.

The questions are not hard. (see the blow post for an example) But you have to answer them fast. And they change between subjects for each one.

Johnny Football was way more athletic than Kyler.

IDK how much he " Knows the game" ( that that is such a bullshit take), if he has to think longer than it takes the dl to get to him, he's getting killed.

His Wonderlich score indicates that he is not a fast thinker.

You want to take him due to some magical " knowing the game better" undefinable bullshit, fine.

But pin this post.

I told you so.

So what does Wonderlich scores have to do with it?

https://i.redd.it/jhnz8ls69zo01.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCo2MzJUwAAa-rQ.png

Tbonewannabe
04-23-2019, 03:28 PM

It looks like the average is around 25-30.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 03:32 PM

I accept that Kyler Muuray would kill in the 1970's and 1980's NFL.

I accept your minimum standard for Kyler's success as a super bowl winning QB.

I'll type slow so you can understand. As stated elsewhere, over 40 is not good either. Under 26 is bad.

The Wonderlich is not, alone, the end all be all. But combined with only playing one year, and reports of his lack of leadership, and reports of a poor work ethic.... That's not good....

WINNING Super Bowl QB's average a 30 on the Wonderlich

Only Bradshaw on your list has a ring and he played with a HOF RB, 2 HOF WR's, and with a HOF defense... No other QB has had 2 HOF WR's....

msstate7
04-23-2019, 03:35 PM
It looks like the average is around 25-30.

https://lonelyliberty.wordpress.com/2019/01/17/nfl-qb-wonderlic-scores-success/

This article says the avg wonderlic score for active super bowl winning QBs is 30.5

Tbonewannabe
04-23-2019, 03:46 PM
https://lonelyliberty.wordpress.com/2019/01/17/nfl-qb-wonderlic-scores-success/

This article says the avg wonderlic score for active super bowl winning QBs is 30.5

I was completely eyeballing it.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 03:51 PM
I was completely eyeballing it.

Good guess... actually shotgun's included more than active super bowl winning QBs so you're probably pretty close

Hot Rock
04-23-2019, 03:55 PM
I accept that Kyler Muuray would kill in the 1970's and 1980's NFL.

I accept your minimum standard for Kyler's success as a super bowl winning QB.

I'll type slow so you can understand. As stated elsewhere, over 40 is not good either. Under 26 is bad.

The Wonderlich is not, alone, the end all be all. But combined with only playing one year, and reports of his lack of leadership, and reports of a poor work ethic.... That's not good....

WINNING Super Bowl QB's average a 30 on the Wonderlich

Only Bradshaw on your list has a ring and he played with a HOF RB, 2 HOF WR's, and with a HOF defense... No other QB has had 2 HOF WR's....

I disagree with one part of your numbers. You say that scoring over 40 is bad due to overthinking. I say, "No, it's not." It's just that so few people ever score that high and have all the other skills necessary. I say that once you score over 25, being too smart has no bearing on a players abilities. It's more of a minimum threshold rather than a window.

I say there is not enough data of QB's scoring over 40 with the needed skill set to show any meaningful information.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 04:28 PM
I disagree with one part of your numbers. You say that scoring over 40 is bad due to overthinking. I say, "No, it's not." It's just that so few people ever score that high and have all the other skills necessary. I say that once you score over 25, being too smart has no bearing on a players abilities. It's more of a minimum threshold rather than a window.

I say there is not enough data of QB's scoring over 40 with the needed skill set to show any meaningful information.

I can accept that.

RocketDawg
04-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Kyler is a smart kid.

So what's the purpose and how does the NFL use the scores?

RocketDawg
04-23-2019, 07:23 PM

Not exactly difficult.

Hot Rock
04-23-2019, 08:11 PM
No, the questions aren't that hard but... you have to do them quickly or you won't finish. That forces mistakes. Less than 2% of people taking the test get finished. Even fewer do it without making mistakes, that if given time, they could have gotten right.

These modern players have been prepped for these tests. They have taken practice tests and taught techniques to maximize their test score. They are prepared and they still can't do it any better. That's scary to me. So, a Dan Marino score of 17 could have been much better if given the prep that modern players are getting. Food for thought

Turfdawg67
04-23-2019, 08:14 PM
And you are glossing over things that are just as important. Like he only played one year of college football...

His leadership and work ethic are questionable...

He, according to the test they use to measure it, is not a fast thinker, or not smart.

I did say he will be a bust.

Agreed... Johnny Football type bust.