PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs Arkansas Series

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Not sure if this has been stated already, but the MSU vs Arkansas baseball series may truly be the weirdest in the SEC.

There have been 4 straight sweeps in the series with the last road win for either team coming from us in 2015 when we won the Sunday game in Fayetteville.

We swept Arkansas last year and they played for the Natty.

It would be interesting to see if there was reason for all the sweeps in this series, but one does not come to mind off the top of my head. Just seems like both clubs tend to play their worst in the other's ballpark.

We certainly have some questions, but we are a really good team. I don't view anything that happened in Fayetteville a concern except that we MUST find a 3rd starter since the one we currently have simply isn't talented enough to give us consistent efforts.

We'll be fine.

Todd4State
04-22-2019, 04:05 PM
What? You don't believe in Johnny Wholestaff?**

The problem is that as you said before Cerentola has the talent but he simply isn't going to be ready barring a miraculous turnaround. Losing Christian MacLeoud may have been a huge blow as well. He's pitching in the Cape this summer as a freshman despite redshirting because of illness. He doesn't have Cerentola's ceiling but he is another talented arm that we could have used.

It is what it is. Hopefully we get through our regional, Small and Ginn win their starts in the SR, and then hopefully we can ride Small and Ginn to the Natty in the CWS with the spread out format. Or hope that someone steps up as the third guy.

state66
04-22-2019, 06:31 PM
Our bullpen is not very good. I find that concerning.