PDA

View Full Version : Football Study Hall: How MSU Showed Clemson How to Beat Bama

AusTexDawg
04-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Here is a nice little football piece from SB Nation if you need to get rid of that bad taste from baseball (just don’t think about the offense from that game): When Running the Dang Ball Goes Wrong (https://www.footballstudyhall.com/platform/amp/2019/4/22/18508178/when-running-the-dang-ball-goes-wrong-how-mississippi-st-showed-clemson-alabama-rpo-spread?utm_campaign=footballstudyhall&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true)

msudawg1200
04-22-2019, 01:13 PM
I wish we would show ourselves how to beat Bama.

AROB44
04-22-2019, 04:27 PM

Every other. SEC team says the same thing. Not gonna happen until Saban leaves and will still be very few times.

RocketDawg
04-22-2019, 07:37 PM

I think we know how, but we're just not good enough to compete with their 20 or so 5-stars.

BuckyIsAB****
04-22-2019, 08:07 PM
Bamas defense has been lit up at times over the past 2 years. Its not that often but it happens. I think in our case, offensively for sure, we come in hoping to beat Bama instead of expecting to beat them. We concede it before its over.

Jarius
04-23-2019, 05:48 AM
Bamas defense has been lit up at times over the past 2 years. Its not that often but it happens. I think in our case, offensively for sure, we come in hoping to beat Bama instead of expecting to beat them. We concede it before its over.

We have to recruit well at the wide receiver position to ever have a chance. Dan Mullen's system is not going to work against that type of team unless he is at some sort of school that can recruit as well up front as Alabama. Ole Miss beat them by being able to throw the football. It's the only chance people that recruit at our level will ever have against that much talent.

gravedigger
04-23-2019, 07:54 AM
I think we know how, but we're just not good enough to compete with their 20 or so 5-stars.

I think it's more depth and coaching. Saban spares no expense on his staff. And he has 3rd string kids ready to go every game.

Frontline talent is a factor, but I think we make too much of it.

StateDawg44
04-23-2019, 09:15 AM
I think it's more depth and coaching. Saban spares no expense on his staff. And he has 3rd string 5* kids ready to go every game.

FYP

Talent and depth of talent plays a huge factor. Yeah good coaching is huge too but bottom line is execution. Those expenses that aren't spared aren't the ones on the field on Saturdays....... kinda.

We definitely have players. We don't have the pick of the litter though.

BuckyIsAB****
04-23-2019, 09:13 PM
We have to recruit well at the wide receiver position to ever have a chance. Dan Mullen's system is not going to work against that type of team unless he is at some sort of school that can recruit as well up front as Alabama. Ole Miss beat them by being able to throw the football. It's the only chance people that recruit at our level will ever have against that much talent.

They also beat them once bc of Bamas worst performance since they lost to Utah or UL Monroe. But you have to be able to win 1 on 1 outside bc they run a great scheme that is the one thing they are going to give you. That and the flats they will rally to the ball in the flats bc they are fast enough to give it up

R2Dawg
04-23-2019, 09:18 PM
Here is a nice little football piece from SB Nation if you need to get rid of that bad taste from baseball (just don’t think about the offense from that game): When Running the Dang Ball Goes Wrong (https://www.footballstudyhall.com/platform/amp/2019/4/22/18508178/when-running-the-dang-ball-goes-wrong-how-mississippi-st-showed-clemson-alabama-rpo-spread?utm_campaign=footballstudyhall&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true)

You obviously aren't talking about scoring points like Clemson did. You mean play Bama outside Tuscaloosa?

R2Dawg
04-23-2019, 09:20 PM
I think it's more depth and coaching. Saban spares no expense on his staff. And he has 3rd string kids ready to go every game.

He didn't have the first, second or third string ready in NC game.