PDA

View Full Version : LSU boosters talking about Hud

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
I talked to two boosters yesterday in separate discussions. They are talking heavily about Mark Hudspeth. I talked to another one at work this morning. Booster, season ticket holder, and is friends with some of the LSU coaching staff. He told me that a few of the Big money people are talking about Mark Hudspeth. He just may have his "dream job" soon enough.

Just because a few boosters/fans are discussing it doesn't mean a whole lot........or does it?

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 08:25 AM
yep... and this is 100% why I've shied away from the "he'll crawl to Starkville" talk as of late.

LSU and another SEC school have interest.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:30 AM
yep... and this is 100% why I've shied away from the "he'll crawl to Starkville" talk as of late.

LSU and another SEC school have interest.

If he takes ANY SEC job, he'll never come to State. He'll be happy making 3-4 million a year living anywhere in the South.

Dawgfan77
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
UGA?
I hope miles wins out

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Not UGA. This school is a little more cocky.

Slive doesn't let SEC schools steal head coaches. UT wanted Mullen after his first year here and Slive shut it down before it ever got started.

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Hud said on H2H that ULL was expanding their stadium to 60K and "why leave a good party for another one?"

BHildreth3
10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
I've always been afraid that the rest of the SEC would realize just how good Mark is.

Dawgfan77
10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Of course he is going to say that what did you expect him to say.

Interesting Hack. I would hate to have HUD in hand Mullen out and then at the last minute another school out bid us.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Hud said on H2H that ULL was expanding their stadium to 60K and "why leave a good party for another one?"

Yeah, that's what coaches say. He would leave ULL for MSU.

Also...Les Miles is not getting fired anytime soon.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2013, 08:48 AM

ULL and 60K don't go together. The only way ULL, 60,000, and football stadium all go together is possibly how much money they are putting into renovations. Are they building a $60,000 concession stand.

LSU fans may realize that Hud is a pretty good coach, but there is no way Joe Alleva could hire him as LSU head football coach. The LSU head coaching position is way to big for an AD to take a chance on a mid-major level coach; especially when LSU would have numerous top shelf D1 coaches and NFL coaches interested.

I think Hud or anyone else could do a great job at LSU, but if you are Joe Alleva, you just can't take that risk. If Hud didn't work out at LSU, Alleva would be fired. If a proven NFL or college coach didn't work out, Alleva's job would be fine.

SignalToNoise
10-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm with Shotgun. LSU can hire anyone, plus I don't know why on earth they'd be talking about firing Les. I'm sure losing to the bears stings pretty bad, but if they are talking about firing their coach then we might have found a fanbase that is more stupid than our own.

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2013, 09:06 AM

Tubby said he would only leave TSUN in a pine box too.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm with Shotgun. LSU can hire anyone, plus I don't know why on earth they'd be talking about firing Les. I'm sure losing to the bears stings pretty bad, but if they are talking about firing their coach then we might have found a fanbase that is more stupid than our own.

miles got Froze.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM

I work with them. 50% of their fanbase absolutely HATES Les Miles. That was before Saturday. Hell, it may be more than 50%. I can't find a single LSU fan I work with (in Louisiana) that thinks Miles is a good coach.

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 09:55 AM
I'd take Miles in a heartbeat

SignalToNoise
10-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I work with them. 50% of their fanbase absolutely HATES Les Miles. That was before Saturday. Hell, it may be more than 50%. I can't find a single LSU fan I work with (in Louisiana) that thinks Miles is a good coach.

Fair enough, but I still think they could hire just about anyone so I don't think they'd go the mid major route.

Barking 13
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM

pass me that bong...

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Yea, if they beat us to Hud, we should hire Lester. We're accustomed to dumb play calls and head scratching in game coaching.

engie
10-22-2013, 10:17 AM
So, we're not in favor of making a change -- but we are scared shitless that someone else will hire Hud first.

Seems to me he's playing his cards perfectly to end up at MSU....sooner rather than later...

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 10:17 AM

Les Miles would struggle to win 5 games a year at MSU. he won't have top 3 recruiting classes to cover up his stupidity.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Les Miles would struggle to win 5 games a year at MSU. he won't have top 3 recruiting classes to cover up his stupidity.

agreed. Les can win with the backing of a big time program and we don't have the fan base to be a big time program.

Homedawg
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM

^this. He's an idiot. He backed into a championship in a yet he lost to Kentucky for goodness sake.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 10:21 AM
So, we're not in favor of making a change -- but we are scared shitless that someone else will hire Hud first.

Seems to me he's playing his cards perfectly to end up at MSU....sooner rather than later...

I really hope this is what's happening. I have serious doubts though. I don't think Strick will do anything.

engie
10-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I really hope this is what's happening. I have serious doubts though. I don't think Strick will do anything.

Strick doesn't really get to make football coaching decisions. Not beyond the surface level anyway.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Yep, if anything this should make a decision happen even quicker for us. If our big money guys are serious about Hud, as many say they are, then they will be ready to pull the trigger after hearing of other SEC teams gaining interest.

This could actually be a really good thing for us. Just like competition in any sport brings out the best in people or shows you who doesn't have what it takes...we could see the same thing. Mullen will feel the heat turn up and we will find out really quick whether he can respond by stepping up and beating SC, or if he folds like a lawn chair. Meanwhile, Hud is likely to keep kicking ass, so either way we should end up with a better coach by year end. Either a better and reenergized Mullen, or Hud. Let's hope so anyway.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 10:58 AM

I grew up in south Mississippi where the plague of LSU fans that have: never been to LSU, don't know anybody who goes to school there, and maybe even have never lived in or visited anywhere in Louisana except N'Awlins during Mardi gras... is the strongest. Yes, they are worse than us. Their message boards sound like ours after this weekend. The LSU fans I know and am related to are just waiting for Les to lose 4 or lose the wrong game. They tolerate Miles because he is lucky not because they think he's a good coach. They are waiting for the excuse. That fan base has lost all perspective and has been spoiled by too many 10 win seasons (wish we were heheh).

the peeper
10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;70240]ULL and 60K don't go together. The only way ULL, 60,000, and football stadium all go together is possibly how much money they are putting into renovations. Are they building a $60,000 concession stand.

engie
10-22-2013, 11:41 AM
It's a 5 phase master plan for facilities they have in place there. Not an imminent current build.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Yea, if they beat us to Hud, we should hire Lester. We're accustomed to dumb play calls and head scratching in game coaching.

^Heh!! Don't forget stupifying clock management. ....Really, I can't understand why it's not drilled into everyone's head during fall camp a few certain situations where we need to see 11 players rolling off the ground signaling for a timeout after the whistle while every coach on the sidelines trips over them trying to run toward the nearest striped shirt doing the same.

Dawgface
10-22-2013, 01:08 PM

I know a couple of LSU fans who call him Sling Blade. They don't like Les at all. But I can't see LSU firing him. But if they totally fold from here, anything could happen.

sbcmortgageman
10-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Not UGA. This school is a little more cocky.

Slive doesn't let SEC schools steal head coaches. UT wanted Mullen after his first year here and Slive shut it down before it ever got started.

USCe? That would include spurrier retiring I guess?

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
USCe? That would include spurrier retiring I guess?

would have to, but he's damn near 70 so he's got to be close.

Will James
10-22-2013, 07:48 PM
What about Mullen to OSU to be Meyer's OC. He's gotten paid, he obviously doesn't have the drive or passion for this HC stuff like he used to. Maybe he feels this ain't his cup'o'tea and reunites in Columbus for a chance at championships and a familiar responsibility.

Completely nuts?

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 07:52 PM
What about Mullen to OSU to be Meyer's OC. He's gotten paid, he obviously doesn't have the drive or passion for this HC stuff like he used to. Maybe he feels this ain't his cup'o'tea and reunites in Columbus for a chance at championships and a familiar responsibility.

Completely nuts?

IDK, but there are few people that desire a "step down" from a position or job. Most people feel they'll do a better job and find the answer or make it work if they just try harder or do some more research, or rededicate themselves, or somesuch

Dawg61
10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Seriously doubt CDM agrees to almost a 2 mill pay cut

Coach34
10-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Completely nuts?

I dont see it. And OSU's OC seems to be performing pretty well