PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo to LSU?

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Scott Woodward, the Texas A&M AD who lured Jimbo to College Station due to a long term relationship, is headed to LSU.

Seems to me that Woodward may attempt to fire Ogre within the next year & go get Fisher

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Scott Woodward, the Texas A&M AD who lured Jimbo to College Station due to a long term relationship, is headed to LSU.

Seems to me that Woodward may attempt to fire Ogre within the next year & go get Fisher

Jimbo has a 10 year deal, how much is his buyout on something like that?

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2019, 04:36 PM

Not sure, but I bet they can come to a settlement & my guess is that LSU would be more than willing to pay what it took.

No shot Woodward keeps Ogre unless he wins big this year.

A&M would be almost forced to settle with Jimbo as it's simply too risky to keep a head coach on that doesn't want to be there. If A&M doesn't want to settle, then Fisher could easily go Houston Nutt on A&M's ass & basically quit

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2019, 04:38 PM
https://twitter.com/billyliucci/status/1118626675858837504

msstate7
04-17-2019, 04:39 PM
aTm wouldn't settle for anything less than the exact penny. They're happy, and LSU is their "rival" now that Texas off schedule

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2019, 04:40 PM
aTm wouldn't settle anything less than the exact penny. They're happy, and LSU is their "rival" now that Texas off schedule

Not sure they can do that without pissing Fisher off, in which case, he may run the program into the ground.

Not sure you can force a coach to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Regardless of the outcome, I bet it gets extremely awkward in the near future.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Not sure they can do that without pissing Fisher off, in which case, he may run the program into the ground.

Not sure you can force a coach to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Regardless of the outcome, I bet it gets extremely awkward in the near future.

If A&M was smart then they have a no compete clause in his contract. He tries to lay down on them and they fire is ass with cause and prevent him from coaching in the SEC.

Really Clark?
04-17-2019, 04:52 PM
Jimbo’s contract with TAM has no buyout clause but it is a guaranteed contract other than firing “for cause” spelled out in the contract. He can leave for another school with no financial penalty. Now would he leave for much less than $75 MIL?? I think it would still cost a school a ton to higher him away but there is no buyout

basedog
04-17-2019, 04:52 PM
"Not sure you can force a coach to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be"

Money does, look at Ric Barnes stating he would have taken the UCLA job but his 5 million dollar buyout kept him in Tenn. He should have kept his mouth shout as this isn't gonna go well with the fans.

Fisher already turned down Lsu years ago, basically he has a lifetime contract with the Aggies. Btw they like Msu in some ways has a buriel grounds for Coaches in their past. Oh Jimbo better win big but regardless he is one rich man now days.

msstate7
04-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Jimbo’s contract with TAM has no buyout clause but it is a guaranteed contract other than firing “for cause” spelled out in the contract. He can leave for another school with no financial penalty. Now would he leave for much less than $75 MIL?? I think it would still cost a school a ton to higher him away but there is no buyout
Interesting. Wasn't the state of LA in a financial crisis last year? Now sure the type of contract required would fly

bulldawg28
04-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Interesting. Wasn't the state of LA in a financial crisis last year? Now sure the type of contract required would fly

This is the reason I don't see it happening.

RocketDawg
04-17-2019, 05:30 PM

Yes, that's what I remember too.

Relardo Sidney
04-17-2019, 05:35 PM
This thread has been started six years too early

Bothrops
04-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Won't happen imo, too much money involved.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2019, 08:05 AM
Also Texas has no income tax so it is basically $750M plus 6% (Louisiana income tax rate). Not sure if LSU has that kind of money to throw around at this time unless they have a billionaire like Houston that is willing to spend the money. aTm also has a lot more $$$ than LSU.

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
The media buzzards are already starting to circle on this.

Don't be surprised if it happens after next season

msstate7
04-18-2019, 09:25 AM
LSU should be calling urban Meyer now getting it worked out.

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2019, 09:27 AM
LSU should be calling urban Meyer now getting it worked out.

I think Urban will go to USC next. I don't think he wants the SEC pressure cooker again

StateDawg44
04-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Yeah I just don't see LSU forking that kind of money over. Something really crazy would have to happen.

msstate7
04-18-2019, 09:30 AM
I think Urban will go to USC next. I don't think he wants the SEC pressure cooker again

As a state fan, I'd hate to see urban at LSU. As a college football fan, it would be awesome

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Yeah I just don't see LSU forking that kind of money over. Something really crazy would have to happen.

This is certainly the main question. There is $0 buyout though.

Essentially after this year though, LSU would only need to fork over an 8 year contract, since Jimbo would've already fulfilled 2 years of the 10 year deal

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2019, 09:40 AM
This is certainly the main question. There is $0 buyout though.

Essentially after this year though, LSU would only need to fork over an 8 year contract, since Jimbo would've already fulfilled 2 years of the 10 year deal

So is LSU going to pay him $8M per year with an 8 year contract? Anything less than that and Jimbo is taking a pay cut. I just don't see Jimbo taking a pay cut just because he likes LSU. He has aTm recruiting at a high level right now so it isn't like LSU would give him any type of advantage.

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2019, 09:48 AM
So is LSU going to pay him $8M per year with an 8 year contract? Anything less than that and Jimbo is taking a pay cut. I just don't see Jimbo taking a pay cut just because he likes LSU. He has aTm recruiting at a high level right now so it isn't like LSU would give him any type of advantage.

Hard to say. Maybe LSU is Jimbo's dream job, but he may have hated Alleva & wasn't willing to go there under him

SheltonChoked
04-18-2019, 09:53 AM

It's 10 years at $75 million .... With no reduction for the buyout....

No way LSU pays $100+ million for any coach....

And A&M Would match any reasonable pay raise. A&M has many times more money than LSU.... (FYI the TAMU endowment is $10.8 BILLION Vs LSU's of $689 Million) Tamu ' current fundraising campaign (started in 2012) has raised $3.2 BILLION, with $260 million for athletics...

You want to know who Tamu's tilman fertitta is? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_A._Al-Falih

You guys have no idea how much of a sleeping giant TAMU is.... They don't even know it yet....

They have 6,000 donors of more than $100,000 https://annualreport.txamfoundation.com/

DownwardDawg
04-18-2019, 10:00 AM

And A&M Would match any reasonable pay raise. A&M has many times more money than LSU.... (FYI the TAMU endowment is $10.8 BILLION Vs LSU's of $689 Million) Tamu ' current fundraising campaign (started in 2012) has raised $3.2 BILLION, with $260 million for athletics...

You want to know who Tamu's tilman fertitta is? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_A._Al-Falih

You guys have no idea how much of a sleeping giant TAMU is.... They don't even know it yet....

They have 6,000 donors of more than $100,000 https://annualreport.txamfoundation.com/

Everyone with a pulse knows how big a sleeping giant they are. Sports fans across the nation have been amazed at the underachieving at that place.

deadheaddawg
04-18-2019, 10:03 AM
Dan Mullen was already spotted in College Station.

Mullen to A&M threads are hitting all the Florida message boards.

StateDawg44
04-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Is Mullen really still occupying space in people's domes?

deadheaddawg
04-18-2019, 10:17 AM
who knows. This thread is only for wild speculation that will never happen, so why not?

basedog
04-18-2019, 12:39 PM
I have several Lsu friends who can't stand Jimbo, I can't understand all the love for him from some on here, he didn't build Fsu's program, fact is he left it in shambles. Yes he won a Natty, so did ever decent D1 program in the state of Florida!

Like I posted earlier in this thread, he had his chance to go to Lsu, that ship has passed. Only Coach worth what some are saying about little Jimbo's contract is Saban. Aggies want win the Sec under little Jimbo, now hold my beer and watch.

lastmajordog
04-18-2019, 03:05 PM
" it's simply too risky to keep a head coach on that doesn't want to be there.? ........Dan Mullen approves this post....

Political Hack
04-18-2019, 03:13 PM
Ill take the same position on this as I did Mullen to Florida. "No chance!"

LSU burned him the first time and caused him a lot of turmoil at FSU. Approved! Disapproved! Maybe next year! Next year they offered again and he told them where to stick it. Based on all that, I'm not sure he's looking to get involved with the crew managing that place again.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Ill take the same position on this as I did Mullen to Florida. "No chance!"

LSU burned him the first time and caused him a lot of turmoil at FSU. Approved! Disapproved! Maybe next year! Next year they offered again and he told them where to stick it. Based on all that, I'm not sure he's looking to get involved with the crew managing that place again.

The only thing is that he is good friends with Woodward and even an ESPN article mentioned that he was the key getting Jimbo to aTm. I just don't think LSU has the $$$ to pull him from aTm if aTm really wants to keep him.

RougeDawg
04-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Everyone with a pulse knows how big a sleeping giant they are. Sports fans across the nation have been amazed at the underachieving at that place.

Not really. The state of Texas produces Big12 style players. Meaning no defense and finesse offense. That does not mesh well in the SEC.

RougeDawg
04-18-2019, 06:14 PM

The majority of LSU coaching salaries is paid from funds contributed by the Tiger athletic foundation. Think they give around $23 mil alone a year for salaries. So money really isn’t a problem, especially if they could replace O with Jimbo.

Relardo Sidney
04-19-2019, 05:09 PM
Wait so this guy donates truck loads of money for aTm sports or he's just rich as **** and could maybe donate shit loads of money cause I'm finding it slightly difficult to believe he's a huge Aggies football fan even though he does have an undergrad from there 35 years ago.

https://cdn.idolnetworth.com/medias/profile/201801/khalid-al-falih.jpg

Also remember the state of Louisiana is broke as hell and hasn't magically gotten rich unless the guy above somehow dropped his wallet in Baton Rouge while at the club

deadheaddawg
04-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Why do you find it difficult to believe someone would be a big fan of a school they got a degree from?

Relardo Sidney
04-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Why do you find it difficult to believe someone would be a big fan of a school they got a degree from?

I'm sure he's a fan of aTm I just don't think he's an obsessed fan-girl like half this board and cause he's a Saudi Arabian oil giant and a top 100 most powerful person in the world that I am guessing spends 99% of his time living 8,000 miles away across a giant ocean. Something tells me he's got bigger fish to fry I guess. It's probably far fetched I know but I just don't believe this dude gives one flying **** about Jimbo Fisher.

deadheaddawg
04-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Because he's a successful businessman and he lives in another country doesn't prove anything. Yes he is probably way to busy to post on message boards like us, but lol at thinking he is probably not a real fan of his undergraduate college because he's a successful businessman.

Lots of busy people find time to take an interest in sports. That's an absurd reason. Living in another country means he probably has to DVR the game, because of the time difference. Big deal. I know lots of soccer fans here in America that do that with European soccer

He has billions. He probably has enough pocket change to pay for Jimbo. He doesn't have to be as passionate as your average message board fan to drop a few bucks on your team

Relardo Sidney
04-20-2019, 01:24 AM
Yea check out who this guy is following on twitter. If this doesn't scream massive college football fan idk what does. https://twitter.com/Khalid_AlFalih/following

btw it's honorable to admit when you're totally wrong about something dhd

TUSK
04-20-2019, 02:48 AM
The majority of LSU coaching salaries is paid from funds contributed by the Tiger athletic foundation. Think they give around $23 mil alone a year for salaries. So money really isn’t a problem, especially if they could replace O with Jimbo.

How people don’t already know this... I dunno.

Political Hack
04-21-2019, 09:15 AM

The school board voted down the first Jimbo hire because of political optics and in an attempt to hold the football boosters hostage. The board wouldn't allow the TAF to pay for his salary because the school was filing bankruptcy. They took the position that if the boosters can pay for a new coach they can help out with academics too. So, a new friend as AD may help, but the problem has never been with the Ath Dept. it's with the board of trustees.

SheltonChoked
04-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Wait so this guy donates truck loads of money for aTm sports or he's just rich as **** and could maybe donate shit loads of money cause I'm finding it slightly difficult to believe he's a huge Aggies football fan even though he does have an undergrad from there 35 years ago.

https://cdn.idolnetworth.com/medias/profile/201801/khalid-al-falih.jpg

Also remember the state of Louisiana is broke as hell and hasn't magically gotten rich unless the guy above somehow dropped his wallet in Baton Rouge while at the club

I don't know if and how much he donates....

But he goes to games....

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPerry/status/1038610389913755648

mstatefan91
04-22-2019, 09:15 AM
I don't know if and how much he donates....

But he goes to games....

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPerry/status/1038610389913755648

Well look at that.. I thought a Saudi oil giant couldn't care less about Aggie football. The man cares so little that he's standing on the field with Rick Perry.

Relardo Sidney
04-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Going to a game isn't donating millions of dollars but nice reach though

mstatefan91
04-22-2019, 03:00 PM

You said that there was no way that he donated millions because he doesn't care at all about Jimbo. The referenced tweet/video shows that he cares at least a little so your reasoning is flawed.. wouldn't expect you to get that though Mr. Sidney

I fully expect you to state that him being a fan doesn't mean he donated millions.. that's true, but I bet he donates some otherwise they wouldn't invite him on that field.

BrunswickDawg
04-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Well look at that.. I thought a Saudi oil giant couldn't care less about Aggie football. The man cares so little that he's standing on the field with Rick Perry.

Considering he has a space on their "Tribute Wall" on their alumni website https://www.aggienetwork.com/tribute/index/1-25/
And he obviously gives at a high level :

In addition, Al-Falih generously supports the university’s educational mission through scholarships, chairs and other gifts and grants, including the Harold J. Haynes Dean’s Chair in Engineering.

It's not a stretch to think they hit him up for athletics donations as well.

RocketDawg
04-22-2019, 07:33 PM

Is that a lifetime giving, or annual? Surely not annual ... that would be $600M every year from 6000 donors.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2019, 03:15 PM

But you said
I'm finding it slightly difficult to believe he's a huge Aggies football fan

I showed he "cares enough" to fly 8,000 miles to attend a game.

That seems like care to me....

The super rich have basically unlimited money. They value time.

That he took the time to attend a game in person is much more valuable than millions of dollars. He will make more millions, he will never get back the day spent to attend a game.

Relardo Sidney
04-23-2019, 11:34 PM
But you said

I showed he "cares enough" to fly 8,000 miles to attend a game.

That seems like care to me....

The super rich have basically unlimited money. They value time.

That he took the time to attend a game in person is much more valuable than millions of dollars. He will make more millions, he will never get back the day spent to attend a game.

Lol sorry still not buying the king of Saudi Arabian oil is a giant Aggies athletic donor.

SheltonChoked
04-24-2019, 09:02 AM
Lol sorry still not buying the king of Saudi Arabian oil is a giant Aggies athletic donor.

Ok don't "buy it".

All I can show is he gives lots of $$$ to the school.

And attends Football Games ....

And TAMU had to say this about him

?Mr. Al-Falih is a great example of what is possible with a Texas A&M degree for all of our students, and especially our international students,? Loftin said. ?Both his commitment and loyalty to Texas A&M are remarkable....
Mr. Al-Falih is a wonderful example of an alumnus who remains in contact with his university and college...

And he talks about going to games https://www.upstreamonline.com/live/1153862/aramco-opens-houston-research-centre

So he is megarich, has been put in their Tribute wall for his support of the university and travels to football games, flying in from Saudi....

Yeah.. No way he gives any money to athletics... I bet he sits in the GA seats...****
Proves my point. No one realizes how much of a sleeping giant TAMU is....

deadheaddawg
04-24-2019, 09:55 AM

lol. Bless your heart.

Your reasoning is stupid and Jimbo and A&M dont really care if you buy it or not. You buying it has no impact on the actual checks clearing. Hell I dont care either, I just like watching you post stupid stuff. Do you think they are just lying about him donating and going to games? Are you dumb enough to think they made that up? Why would they? What is their end game?

Relardo Sidney
04-24-2019, 10:32 AM
Sounds like aTm kissing his ass to try and get those checks. Ask the Aggies on Rant how much king oil donates to their school for foosball.

SheltonChoked
04-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Is that a lifetime giving, or annual? Surely not annual ... that would be $600M every year from 6000 donors.

6,093 life time donors of over $100,000

Donors gave more than $310 million to the Texas A&M Foundation and Texas A&M University during fiscal year 2018.

SheltonChoked
04-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Sounds like aTm kissing his ass to try and get those checks. Ask the Aggies on Rant how much king oil donates to their school for foosball.

And you think TAMU should not "kiss his ass to get those checks"? The check you don't think exist?

And you think TAMU flew him to the games he attends?

And TAMU forces him to talk about aggie football?

I'm pretty sure I can find an Aggie here in Houston to ask without going on the Rant....

Stick to eating Twinkies there Relardo...

Relardo Sidney
04-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Considering he has a space on their "Tribute Wall" on their alumni website https://www.aggienetwork.com/tribute/index/1-25/
And he obviously gives at a high level :

It's not a stretch to think they hit him up for athletics donations as well.

Did you actually read this? He's given scholarships for education not money for athletics.

StarkVegasSteve
04-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Just don't let Bama find out about it. They'd have their own Saudi booster within days.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Did you actually read this? He's given scholarships for education not money for athletics.

Did you read it?

In addition, Al-Falih generously supports the university’s educational mission through scholarships, chairs and other gifts and grants, including the Harold J. Haynes Dean’s Chair in Engineering.

That may or may not be exclusive to academics. Maybe it is. But the guy obviously gives big money when they ask. You think they don't ask him and he doesn't give for athletics? Then you don't know people who work in development offices at universities - they will go after anyone with a nickle, whether they show interest in athletics or not.

Relardo Sidney
04-24-2019, 02:12 PM
Do grants for athletics even exist? Lol

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Do grants for athletics even exist? Lol

Does any of this really matter?

Relardo Sidney
04-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Does any of this really matter?

Haha not at all we know aTm has oil money out the ass with or without the guy in charge of the largest Saudi Arabian oil company donating to them.