PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Stevens PSU

Scared_Hitless
04-17-2019, 03:05 PM
So looks like another QB just hit the portal. Do we take a run at him? Strong ties to Moorhead

CadaverDawg
04-17-2019, 03:06 PM
We 1000% should try

Anybody that disagrees go watch the spring game replay

msstate7
04-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Hell yes. I've been calling for him since oct. I don't think he's a gamechanger, but he knows the offense and should bridge us to shrader

Political Hack
04-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Never hurts to have another good WB in the QB room. Get him in. Let him compete.

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Not saying we shouldn't try, but I doubt it.

Scared_Hitless
04-17-2019, 03:10 PM
He was the presumed starter at Penn State wonder what is so unhappy in Happy valley.

RiverCityDawg
04-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Unless Joe thinks going after Kelly Bryant was a mistake or he saw something new from KT, I'm not sure what's changed or why we wouldn't. Obviously he knows the system and better than any of our current QB's so no reason he couldn't come in during the summer and be ahead of who we have. I'm sure people will just see him as the backup QB, but the reality is all our QBs including Fitz would have been backups to McSorely. Will be a roll od the dice on chemistry, but will all work out if he is clearly the best guy and helps us win.

FriarsPoint
04-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Unless the s.o.b. is named Joe Montana, it doesn’t matter who they get at QB, this **** won’t work here.

ScoobaDawg
04-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Stevens graduated in Dec. so would be a grad transfer looks like.

had a foot injury this spring so didn't play in spring game.

In his 3 years of playing (rs fr in 15) he is 24 for 41 for 304 yards. 1 td 1 int
76 rushes for 506 yards and 7 td's. he also caught 14 passes for 62 yards and 2 td's.

Scared_Hitless
04-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Unless the s.o.b. is named Joe Montana, it doesn’t matter who they get at QB, this **** won’t work here.

Just a question what do you suppose we run? I think the system would work fine with top flight WRs and QB. Sure we may never get them, but we are not likely to beat AL and other top programs consistently no matter what we run. They are starting on 3rd we are hoping for a HR.

StarkVegasSteve
04-17-2019, 03:20 PM
There were rumors when Moorhead was hired that Stevens was coming with him. I would think we have as good a shot as any at this kid. And then there's the fact that he can watch the Spring Game and realized he could come in and be the starter

Lord McBuckethead
04-17-2019, 03:20 PM
We 1000% should try

Anybody that disagrees go watch the spring game replay

Yep.

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Stevens graduated in Dec. so would be a grad transfer looks like.

Hell I've talked myself into it. I love KT and am grateful for what he's done for us, but I'm not sure he's the answer. You have to treat things like a business if you want to be successful in this league, and this is a tough, business decision. Bring him in and let him compete for the job, and if he wins it, great. If KT is still the guy, then roll with him. Can't be emotional about this.

msu15
04-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Loser post

msstate7
04-17-2019, 03:26 PM
We'll see what Moorhead thinks. He's coached Stevens and our guys. I think it will be pretty telling either way

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Does KT have the accuracy that you need in a QB in any offense? He looked pretty good at WR, I wonder if he switched would he have a chance at the NFL.

ScoobaDawg
04-17-2019, 03:44 PM
I don't think he comes in and is the starting QB necessarily but if there is any coach in america that knows what he can do and can use him..it's Joe... he made us special "Lion" packages to use him.

Sure he could maybe transfer to a non-p5 school and start but I don't believe he can come in and be good enough to be the starting qb.

RiverCityDawg
04-17-2019, 03:47 PM
We'll see what Moorhead thinks. He's coached Stevens and our guys. I think it will be pretty telling either way

Agree with this. If we get him and he is the starter it will be a safe bet that he's an upgrade. If we don't go after him we know we aren't losing anything by not doing so.

TrapGame
04-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Hell I've talked myself into it. I love KT and am grateful for what he's done for us, but I'm not sure he's the answer. You have to treat things like a business if you want to be successful in this league, and this is a tough, business decision. Bring him in and let him compete for the job, and if he wins it, great. If KT is still the guy, then roll with him. Can't be emotional about this.

Could be the fire KT and Mayden need to kick it up a notch.

Political Hack
04-17-2019, 04:09 PM
KT is the guy. 99%.

But we need someone to bridge us so we don't have to rush others in. Also, KT needs to feel an immediate push.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 04:23 PM
Bring him in. No reason not to. I think KT could benefit from a redshirt year honestly.

bulldawg28
04-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Bring him in. No reason not to. I think KT could benefit from a redshirt year honestly.

Agreed

Goldendawg
04-17-2019, 05:09 PM
His career stats at QB do not impress me at all. Give KT and Mayden a chance, b4 a player that didn't do much somewhere else. JMO. Hail State!

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2019, 05:48 PM
Last year all of yall wanted KT over Fitz. Now KT isnt good enough. The kid has done nothing but win. If somebody else comes he will more than likely transfer. KT has some Dakish intangibles he is going to be the guy. I like Mayden and he is probably a better passer right now than KT is but KT is a better athlete and is a winner. Say whatever you want about him but he has done nothing but win from HS to now.

StarkVegasSteve
04-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Last year all of yall wanted KT over Fitz. Now KT isnt good enough. The kid has done nothing but win. If somebody else comes he will more than likely transfer. KT has some Dakish intangibles he is going to be the guy. I like Mayden and he is probably a better passer right now than KT is but KT is a better athlete and is a winner. Say whatever you want about him but he has done nothing but win from HS to now.

We all said we wanted KT......and then he got in against A&M and looked like a deer in the headlights out there. Granted it was a small sample size, but those are the types of defenses you play on a week to week basis. I don't think people want to give Stevens the job, but if he does come I do believe he'll win the job because of his experience with the offense and the fact that him and McSorley seemed to pick it up a hell of a lot faster than KT and Nick did

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2019, 06:17 PM
We all said we wanted KT......and then he got in against A&M and looked like a deer in the headlights out there. Granted it was a small sample size, but those are the types of defenses you play on a week to week basis. I don't think people want to give Stevens the job, but if he does come I do believe he'll win the job because of his experience with the offense and the fact that him and McSorley seemed to pick it up a hell of a lot faster than KT and Nick did

KT has earned it. He is a winner. Nobody can say he isnt

StarkVegasSteve
04-17-2019, 06:33 PM

If he's a winner then he shouldn't fear any competition. He should welcome it as a chance to prove himself again. Cream always rises to the top.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Hot Rumor Done Deal...

RocketDawg
04-17-2019, 06:56 PM

And even if redshirted, he could still play in 5 games, correct?

RocketDawg
04-17-2019, 06:59 PM

But don't you think he'll do a lot better when it's HIS team, and he's the starter? It's hard to come in as the backup and play really well.

Cloak
04-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Hot Rumor Done Deal...

Jwells spotting

Quaoarsking
04-17-2019, 07:01 PM
And even if redshirted, he could still play in 5 games, correct?

4, but yes.

IF we get Stephens, we should redshirt KT and Shrader but still play them a little bit. Maybe one of them could take over the starting job in November even and keep their redshirt, like that Arkansas QB did this past year.

chef dixon
04-17-2019, 07:07 PM
KT isn't going to stick around for a redshirt. And he's also not going to do anything during that year to convince any of you he is ready to play. The same people will be looking for something else this time next year.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 07:19 PM
KT isn't going to stick around for a redshirt. And he's also not going to do anything during that year to convince any of you he is ready to play. The same people will be looking for something else this time next year.

If he doesn't want to do what's best for the team and him....well bye.

chef dixon
04-17-2019, 07:23 PM
If he doesn't want to do what's best for the team and him....well bye.

I don't get how we are so certain its whats best for the team. This Stevens cat has barely any more experience with JOMO than KT and he very well could be a complete scrub. I bet Penn State fans are saying "well bye" to Tommy boy right now for bailing.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:00 PM
I don't get how we are so certain its whats best for the team. This Stevens cat has barely any more experience with JOMO than KT and he very well could be a complete scrub. I bet Penn State fans are saying "well bye" to Tommy boy right now for bailing.

Typically most QB's- unless you are Peyton Manning or Trevor Lawrence and are an extremely special talent- need to redshirt. KT may have some "Dakish" " traits but even Dak redshirted. It's not that I think that KT is a scrub. It's that I think that because of poor roster management he is in danger of losing a year and it would be his fifth year which is probably going to be his best.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:01 PM
I also don't get how we are so sure that KT would transfer. His only option at this point is I-AA or lower unless he has his degree. He's ineligible for JUCO.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Tommy Stevens:

https://gopsusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9548

I did not realize that he was 6'5" 230. He was also used as an athlete like the Saints used Taysom Hill. If he comes here I could see him and KT both playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJTGUMywXk

As we can see he was essentially used as a QB/WR/RB. I think they created a position for him- the "Lion" position.

Quaoarsking
04-17-2019, 08:06 PM

KT could transfer, sit out a year, and play in 2020-21 somewhere else.

Or he could redshirt, get his degree by next summer, and either stick around here for 2020-21 if he wins the job or go somewhere else for those 2 seasons.

Can't guarantee he wouldn't transfer, but it really wouldn't make any sense for him to. Either way, he'd be waiting until 2020 to play.

Homedawg
04-17-2019, 08:09 PM
I also don't get how we are so sure that KT would transfer. His only option at this point is I-AA or lower unless he has his degree. He's ineligible for JUCO.

This part is true. He can leave before the season and be eligible in 20 for someone else or stay and maybe win the job or sedahirt and be a he here in 20 after 4 games. Hell he might be better than this cat. I know this is all speculation about getting him anyway. But the automatic transfer part, meh....

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:19 PM
This part is true. He can leave before the season and be eligible in 20 for someone else or stay and maybe win the job or sedahirt and be a he here in 20 after 4 games. Hell he might be better than this cat. I know this is all speculation about getting him anyway. But the automatic transfer part, meh....

Exactly. And to be honest my guess if this even happens at all is both will play a good bit. I think Joe likes having and using two QB's at times and that wasn't much of an option last year until the Outback Bowl of course. I also don't think that getting Stevens would automatically make him the starter. But at worst it would make us deeper at QB and it would give us a guy that knows Moorhead's system.

chef dixon
04-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Typically most QB's- unless you are Peyton Manning or Trevor Lawrence and are an extremely special talent- need to redshirt. KT may have some "Dakish" " traits but even Dak redshirted. It's not that I think that KT is a scrub. It's that I think that because of poor roster management he is in danger of losing a year and it would be his fifth year which is probably going to be his best.

So what exactly has he been doing the last 2 years that would have been so much different than a redshirt year? He's been practicing and not playing which essentially has been 2 redshirt years. Both Dak and Fitz played a lot in their 3rd year on campus.

And its not about "why would he transfer when he can just redshirt/get his degree and have to sit out a year anyway?" I'm pretty sure the writing would be ALL over the wall if we brought in someone this year that KT is never going to be the guy. Half the fans already want Mayden and by next year the other half will want Shrader. Give all 3 of them another year in the system and that doesn't change in KT's favor.

Goldendawg
04-17-2019, 08:33 PM
If I was a 4* QB who had paid my dues and a transfer was brought in who was not starter material at another P5 school, I would enter the transfer portal myself. I see most of these guys as some other program's castoffs.

Homedawg
04-17-2019, 08:44 PM
So what exactly has he been doing the last 2 years that would have been so much different than a redshirt year? He's been practicing and not playing which essentially has been 2 redshirt years. Both Dak and Fitz played a lot in their 3rd year on campus.

And its not about "why would he transfer when he can just redshirt/get his degree and have to sit out a year anyway?" I'm pretty sure the writing would be ALL over the wall if we brought in someone this year that KT is never going to be the guy. Half the fans already want Mayden and by next year the other half will want Shrader. Give all 3 of them another year in the system and that doesn't change in KT's favor.

Well i can't speak for Todd but, KT is going into his third year which should be his RS so year on most counts. Not many guys that aren't elite start before then. But he's had an advantage that most don't have and he has had reps w the offense. So he should be more ahead than most. But still.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:57 PM

Dak was still splitting time with Russell much of the year and injuries changed our QB situation somewhat that year as well.

Nick started because Damian Williams was terrible and we had no other options.

Both played because we redshirted them before and I would imagine with the new rules that KT would at least get his four games in if he even redshirts at all.

Another year in this system and in the weight room would be very beneficial to KT. He could also graduate with his friend Whop as well- and that may be appealing to him as well. Plus it's very evident that Joe likes to play two QB's if he possibly can. There are definitely some concerns with KT right now. At the very least having someone that knows the system well could benefit KT.

And I don't understand why people are assuming that "the writing would be on the wall"- a redshirt year still would mean that KT would have two years of eligibility left. And he's already ahead of Mayden and Shrader. He would by far be the favorite to start in 2020-2021.

bluelightstar
04-17-2019, 10:09 PM
If we bring in some guy who couldn?t win the job at PSU, KT is probably gone. And Joe also has to realize the danger in bringing in a guy at this point ? with nary a credit to his name ? to displace the guys who have been in the trenches with the team. Unless this guy is great (and he probably isn?t), this probably is not wise.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-17-2019, 10:24 PM
If we bring in some guy who couldn?t win the job at PSU, KT is probably gone. And Joe also has to realize the danger in bringing in a guy at this point ? with nary a credit to his name ? to displace the guys who have been in the trenches with the team. Unless this guy is great (and he probably isn?t), this probably is not wise.
Is it certain we have even showed interest?

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 11:23 PM

It'd oxymoronic to preach blue collar hardwork and then just give guys jobs because otherwise "they might leave" and "lose the team".

We're either blue collar or we're entitled. But we can't be both.

confucius say
04-17-2019, 11:26 PM
Minority here, but I didn't think kt looked bad in the spring game. I thought the ball, largely, came out on time and he looked more confident. 9-17 with three point blank drops. I'll take 12-17 in a half every day, especially with some added rushing yards and no turnovers.

bluelightstar
04-17-2019, 11:37 PM
It'd oxymoronic to preach blue collar hardwork and then just give guys jobs because otherwise "they might leave" and "lose the team".

We're either blue collar or we're entitled. But we can't be both.

I didn’t say give him the job. This is a guy who hasn’t accomplished crap either; you have to decide if you think it’s worth it as the coach.

Jarius
04-17-2019, 11:38 PM

He has not earned anything. What are you talking about? He has completed under 50 % of his passes. If someone else comes in and beats him out then he can sit on the bench or transfer. It is what it is. There is no reason to not try to get better as a team. I have no idea if this guy would be an upgrade or not, but if our head coach thinks he would be then he should be brought in.

bluelightstar
04-17-2019, 11:40 PM
He has not earned anything. What are you talking about? He has completed under 50 % of his passes. If someone else comes in and beats him out then he can sit on the bench or transfer. It is what it is. There is no reason to not try to get better as a team. I have no idea if this guy would be an upgrade or not, but if our head coach thinks he would be then he should be brought in.

To be fair, Our head coach has given us no reason to trust his judgment.

Jarius
04-17-2019, 11:41 PM
If I was a 4* QB who had paid my dues and a transfer was brought in who was not starter material at another P5 school, I would enter the transfer portal myself. I see most of these guys as some other program's castoffs.

If he had done what a 4 star is supposed to do and grab the starting job by the horns he would not have to worry about other teams castoffs coming in and taking the job. Joe May feel he has done that and not bring anyone else in, but as of 4 months ago he was actively trying to bring in someone else.

Jarius
04-17-2019, 11:46 PM

He has played in the Moorhead system for 4 years. They kept the same offense when Joe left. He has more experience.

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 12:44 AM
I didn’t say give him the job. This is a guy who hasn’t accomplished crap either; you have to decide if you think it’s worth it as the coach.

He's obviously a talented player. Why would it not be worth it? He either wins the job (positive for us), pushes KT to win the job and play better (positive for us) or he becomes a role player and allows Joe to use him like he did at Penn State (positive for us) or he could be a complete bust (negative for us but then we play KT). I see three positive outcomes and one negative which isn't really a negative IMO unless you are a walk-on and the 85th guy right now.

He also knows the offense and can run it- I would think that in and of itself would be valuable.

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 12:50 AM

If he had done what a 4 star is supposed to do and grab the starting job by the horns he would not have to worry about other teams castoffs coming in and taking the job. Joe May feel he has done that and not bring anyone else in, but as of 4 months ago he was actively trying to bring in someone else.

Thank you.

We have to be the only fans in the whole planet that don't want to bring in a talented player because of this made up potential locker room drama that probably won't happen. Stevens has a better chance of being a good teammate than a bad one. And if the players revolt and tank it because they want their friend to play:

1. They're idiots.

2. They're only hurting themselves by throwing away their pro opportunities by making themselves look bad. Making them idiots.

3. They're costing themselves wins and better bowl opportunities. Also making them idiots.

4. They're running the risk of getting their own ass benched or kicked off the team. Making them idiots.

So apparently our fans think we have a team full of idiots.

RiverCityDawg
04-18-2019, 05:42 AM
Thank you.

We have to be the only fans in the whole planet that don't want to bring in a talented player because of this made up potential locker room drama that probably won't happen. Stevens has a better chance of being a good teammate than a bad one. And if the players revolt and tank it because they want their friend to play:

1. They're idiots.

2. They're only hurting themselves by throwing away their pro opportunities by making themselves look bad. Making them idiots.

3. They're costing themselves wins and better bowl opportunities. Also making them idiots.

4. They're running the risk of getting their own ass benched or kicked off the team. Making them idiots.

5. They don't have the competitive make up needed for us to be successful, so we're screwed anyway.

BhamDawg205
04-18-2019, 09:03 AM

I saw a line that hadn't pass blocked consistently all year, part like the Red sea. Was it because QB cadence or A&M gambling KT was coming in to pass?

tcdog70
04-18-2019, 09:58 AM
may he could play WR?***

TrapGame
04-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Anybody hearing anything?

If he and Joe are showing mutual interest this shouldn't take too long.

preachermatt83
04-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Bring him in. We have the room. May the best man win

TrapGame
04-18-2019, 10:38 AM
By the way...

Y'all see McSorely on ESPN about his pro day? He's got a sharp football IQ. In Joe's system knew with a glance if defensive player A does this then I look for TE/RB underneath but if defensive player C does this then I'm looking for a long ball to WR running the post.

StarkVegasSteve
04-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Anybody hearing anything?

If he and Joe are showing mutual interest this shouldn't take too long.

All I've seen is people saying it's something to monitor.

Johnson85
04-18-2019, 11:10 AM

I have no clue if Stephnes is worth bringing in or whether KT can be the man or not, but KT hasn't earned being free from competition. We are not to my knowledge hitting the 85 man limit, so if there is any question as to whether KT and Mayden can successfully run the offense, then we should at least be trying to bring Stephens in unless Moorhead doesn't think he can run the offense successfully.

Of course I think any QB that's not a superstar is going to have trouble running our offense with the wide receivers we have, and I'd probably rather have a WR transfer at this point if I could choose (and probably a DT transfer before a QB transfer also).

Irondawg
04-18-2019, 12:14 PM
At least this year we just need to commit to the running game with the QB and RB and hope we can make some things happen with 1 on 1 coverage at times. Sounds like Spivey might grow into a playmaker tight end so if that happens we just need to hit on one big WR threat and then a good slot guy.

Rewatching some of Stevens videos that guy looks like he could play outside WR right now if he wanted

StarkVegasSteve
04-18-2019, 01:02 PM
At least this year we just need to commit to the running game with the QB and RB and hope we can make some things happen with 1 on 1 coverage at times. Sounds like Spivey might grow into a playmaker tight end so if that happens we just need to hit on one big WR threat and then a good slot guy.

Rewatching some of Stevens videos that guy looks like he could play outside WR right now if he wanted

He's not going anywhere to play WR. If he comes here it's to play QB. His dad came out and said that if he wasn't playing QB at Penn St. then he'd be playing it somewhere else.

Irondawg
04-18-2019, 02:14 PM
yeah, I don't think he'd move off QB either, was just saying he could play WR in college if he wanted to. If we show interest, then all our questions about what Joe thinks become pretty clear.

StarkVegasSteve
04-18-2019, 03:01 PM
yeah, I don't think he'd move off QB either, was just saying he could play WR in college if he wanted to. If we show interest, then all our questions about what Joe thinks become pretty clear.

I think the way we pursued Kelly Bryant made our coaches thoughts on the current crop of QBs pretty clear

fader2103
04-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Dunno if it's a troll job but NFL insider Leroy on Twitter is saying it's a done deal.

jwells
04-18-2019, 04:16 PM
Dunno if it's a troll job but NFL insider Leroy on Twitter is saying it's a done deal.

You mean PFT's dog...seems legit. But in all seriousness it could be true but that isn't a reliable source.

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 04:24 PM

OR we could just get a QB to transfer in that knows how to run Joe's system.

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 04:26 PM
To be fair, Our head coach has given us no reason to trust his judgment.

"Championship Standards", ring sizes, make room for a Heisman on your mantle, (Nick), and an "offense" that will never work against good SEC defenses. JMO. Hope I am proved wrong. I've seen a lot of good and bad in watching State since 1963 and I am far from impressed after last year. First time in my life that I am not excited about a coming FB season.

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Thank you.

1. They're idiots.

Not the team, but worried a lot about the HC's "offense".

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Not the team, but worried a lot about the HC's "offense".

Well, IMO the BEST way to fix an "offense" is to get a QB that can run it.

Which is why again I don't understand MSU fans complaining about the offense and how it doesn't fit our players but at the same time we have a potential opportunity to get a QB who does fit the offense and has had success in it but those same fans are "But what about KT? He's earned the job? The players might get mad" and then "why don't we just focus on the run this year?"

Every other fan in the SEC in the same situation would be "SIGN HIS ASS UP! GET THE MONEY BOYS TO OPEN UP THEIR WALLETS!"

mparkerfd20
04-18-2019, 07:57 PM
"Championship Standards", ring sizes, make room for a Heisman on your mantle, (Nick), and an "offense" that will never work against good SEC defenses. JMO. Hope I am proved wrong. I've seen a lot of good and bad in watching State since 1963 and I am far from impressed after last year. First time in my life that I am not excited about a coming FB season.

You are not alone. Besides the Croom years that is.

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Well, IMO the BEST way to fix an "offense" is to get a QB that can run it.

Which is why again I don't understand MSU fans complaining about the offense and how it doesn't fit our players but at the same time we have a potential opportunity to get a QB who does fit the offense and has had success in it but those same fans are "But what about KT? He's earned the job? The players might get mad" and then "why don't we just focus on the run this year?"

Every other fan in the SEC in the same situation would be "SIGN HIS ASS UP! GET THE MONEY BOYS TO OPEN UP THEIR WALLETS!"

Enjoy your posts and admit that I know very little about Stevens. How many years has he been in this offensive system at Penn State and who is the QB that he couldn't beat out for this coming year?

HoopsDawg
04-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Enjoy your posts and admit that I know very little about Stevens. How many years has he been in this offensive system at Penn State and who is the QB that he couldn't beat out for this coming year?

He was expected to be the starter this year, but injuries limited him this spring so he was not named the starter. Clifford will be the starter now. Stevens has 3 years in the system, 2 years under Moorehead.

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 08:25 PM
He was expected to be the starter this year, but injuries limited him this spring so he was not named the starter. Clifford will be the starter now. Stevens has 3 years in the system, 2 years under Moorehead.

Thanks. Wonder what the stats are on these transfers who couldn't win the job at one school being a big success somewhere else?

HoopsDawg
04-18-2019, 08:37 PM
Thanks. Wonder what the stats are on these transfers who couldn't win the job at one school being a big success somewhere else?

Joe Burrow for LSU worked out pretty well. Let me clear, he still had a pretty good chance to win the starting job, it just wasn't guaranteed.

BuckyIsAB****
04-18-2019, 08:42 PM
I have no clue if Stephnes is worth bringing in or whether KT can be the man or not, but KT hasn't earned being free from competition. We are not to my knowledge hitting the 85 man limit, so if there is any question as to whether KT and Mayden can successfully run the offense, then we should at least be trying to bring Stephens in unless Moorhead doesn't think he can run the offense successfully.

Of course I think any QB that's not a superstar is going to have trouble running our offense with the wide receivers we have, and I'd probably rather have a WR transfer at this point if I could choose (and probably a DT transfer before a QB transfer also).

You misunderstood. Im all for him having to compete every day but he is the starter right now and has earned that right IMO. He has done nothing but win since he was a 9th grader

BuckyIsAB****
04-18-2019, 08:45 PM

He has won multiple state titles and won 2 games as a starter at State. Stephens has never won a game as a starter in his career. Idk what he did in HS, he could have a similar history. I could care less about completion percentage if we are winning and KT has done that. That was my point. KT also is a great leader and the team responds to him. That was what made Dak so special

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 08:50 PM
With a liberal transfer portal in FB, we will soon see a situation similar to college men's basketball. Will be increasingly difficult to develop talent or stockpile much depth at some "glamour" position.

msstate7
04-18-2019, 08:59 PM
No one on this board has better insight on a Stevens vs key comparison than Moorhead. If we pursue Stevens, I assume Moorhead thinks he better. If we don't pursue Stevens, I assume Moorhead thinks key is better. I don't care which one Moorhead rolls with... I just want us to be better offensively

Really Clark?
04-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Joe Burrow for LSU worked out pretty well. Let me clear, he still had a pretty good chance to win the starting job, it just wasn't guaranteed.

Mettenberg did pretty well also, Coker won a title at Bama, Nick Foles lost in the shuffle at Michigan St did well at Arizona, Riley Ferguson at Memphis after trying to win the job at Tenn though he did go JUCO for one year, Jacoby Brissett lost out to Driskel at FL and had a good career at NC State. Others have done well...many have not as well

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 09:05 PM
No one on this board has better insight on a Stevens vs key comparison than Moorhead. If we pursue Stevens, I assume Moorhead thinks he better. If we don't pursue Stevens, I assume Moorhead thinks key is better. I don't care which one Moorhead rolls with... I just want us to be better offensively

It may take a lot more than just a better QB to get the passing game going in this offense this year. I don't like to call specific player names in a post,(although I was guilty with Holloway up the middle, but he didn't call the plays), but we need our current crop of receivers getting some separation against SEC DB's or no passing game will be successful.

HoopsDawg
04-18-2019, 09:08 PM
It may take a lot more than just a better QB to get the passing game going in this offense this year.

If we just had 1 freaking receiver. Maybe Whop can really step up, but he's not really a guy who is going to separate.

Walkerhill
04-18-2019, 09:09 PM
It may take a lot more than just a better QB to get the passing game going in this offense this year.

It may not. A good qb that can challenge the whole field and gets the ball there on time makes a huge difference in this offense. Receivers become a lot better all of the sudden when the defense is off balance. From there, a little confidence goes a long way.

BuckyIsAB****
04-18-2019, 09:47 PM

I agree with this. Great thoughts

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 11:39 PM
With a liberal transfer portal in FB, we will soon see a situation similar to college men's basketball. Will be increasingly difficult to develop talent or stockpile much depth at some "glamour" position.

Actually, if we can play it right like we do with JUCO players it may be the best thing that ever happened to us. Before if we were devoid at a position there were typically zero options other than JUCO and that has pros and cons too.

This is very true. I also don't think he would try to bring him in if he didn't think he would fit in with our team.

It may take a lot more than just a better QB to get the passing game going in this offense this year. I don't like to call specific player names in a post,(although I was guilty with Holloway up the middle, but he didn't call the plays), but we need our current crop of receivers getting some separation against SEC DB's or no passing game will be successful.

This is true to a degree. But Stevens I think based on the film I have seen makes quick decisions on RPO's and appears to be fast than KT. He also may have better chemistry with Guidry who has shown that he can make plays at times.

If we just had 1 freaking receiver. Maybe Whop can really step up, but he's not really a guy who is going to separate.

Honestly if they catch the ball better even that would help the offense. There's a reason why completion percentage is a big deal to Joe. The short high percentage passes are just as important as the deep shots.

Jarius
04-19-2019, 01:42 AM
He has won multiple state titles and won 2 games as a starter at State. Stephens has never won a game as a starter in his career. Idk what he did in HS, he could have a similar history. I could care less about completion percentage if we are winning and KT has done that. That was my point. KT also is a great leader and the team responds to him. That was what made Dak so special

Your reason for not wanting to bring another qb in to compete for our starting job is because KT won some high school state titles? What does that have to do with anything right now? KT has done absolutely nothing for us to say he should just be given the job. He won a bowl game 2 years ago and a game we could have won with my 8 year old daughter playing qb. How do you know the team responds to him? How do you know the team would not respond to this new guy if he comes? If he went out there and completed 60% of his passes and won ballgames they would respond just fine I'm sure. The point is that it is silly not to bring him in or to say a guy who has done nearly zero in his career has earned anything.

MedDawg
04-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Your reason for not wanting to bring another qb in to compete for our starting job is because KT won some high school state titles? What does that have to do with anything right now? KT has done absolutely nothing for us to say he should just be given the job. He won a bowl game 2 years ago and a game we could have won with my 8 year old daughter playing qb. How do you know the team responds to him? How do you know the team would not respond to this new guy if he comes? If he went out there and completed 60% of his passes and won ballgames they would respond just fine I?m sure. The point is that it is silly not to bring him in or to say a guy who has done nearly zero in his career has earned anything.

We may not know if Stevens is a better passer than KT or Mayden, but JoMo knows. He knows that right now. For a few years now I've been watching Stevens and calling him a Fitz clone. He appears to have more touch on his shorter passes than Fitz, and he puts more air under his long throws, allowing the WR to run under it or fight for a 50/50 ball.

Stevens is also a better runner than KT and Mayden, maybe better than Fitz (I doubt he's a tougher runner than Fitz or could take as many hits as Fitz did). Stevens is an incredible athlete who could play a few positions for our/any team, but if JoMo brings him in, I'd bet it's because Stevens can throw the ball better than any QB currently on our campus.

KentuckyDawg13
04-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Yet, he has played WR along with RB at times.

Stevens sounds like a gamer, just looking at some of his stats: Career 506 yards rushing (QB), has two career multi-touchdown games, has thrown and caught TD passes in a game, is the 2nd QB in Penn St. history to rush 100 yards with three rushing TDs, and has played QB, RB and WR. He was also a top 20 dual-threat QB coming out of high school (Indianapolis) with offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa, Miami (OH), Michigan St, Minnesota, NC State, Nebraska, Purdue, and West Virginia.

The more competition, the better.

Walkerhill
04-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Yet, he has played WR along with RB at times.

Stevens sounds like a gamer, just looking at some of his stats: Career 506 yards rushing (QB), has two career multi-touchdown games, has thrown and caught TD passes in a game, is the 2nd QB in Penn St. history to rush 100 yards with three rushing TDs, and has played QB, RB and WR. He was also a top 20 dual-threat QB coming out of high school (Indianapolis) with offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa, Miami (OH), Michigan St, Minnesota, NC State, Nebraska, Purdue, and West Virginia.

The more competition, the better.

In actual news on this, his Dad told media yesterday he was certainly leaving Penn State, ruling out speculation he was testing waters or seeking to attain assurances of a starting position at Penn State.

I would guess news will come out very soon about visits on upcoming weekends to candidate schools (possibly as soon as this weekend) and possibly a short list.

State is being mentioned in all of the articles forecasting potential transfer destinations.

If this comes through, it seems like a win for every single party. Moorhead gets a system-ready qb for one year, Stevens gets a shot to (earn the chance) to lead an SEC team and potentially become a pro prospect in a familiar system, and KT gets a shot to co Pete this year and an opportunity to buy back his redshirt year if he misses out which gives him another year to work on mechanics with a shot to compete in a wide open qb race next year and moving him closer to a grad transfer with no requirement to sit a year if he needs options down the road. Nothing changes at all for Mayden and Shrader, except maybe the qb competition is more open next year with no incumbent.

I do not see why some people are upset by this. I like KT too but the most likely outcome this year if he starts is that he loses confidence throwing because he is not quite ready and gets beat up running the ball too much.

And if Moorhead cannot close the deal on a player he knows well and has a perfect landing spot for, then honestly he may be in trouble as a recruiter. This really SHOULD be happening.

BeastMan
04-19-2019, 10:05 AM

Our best WR in recent memory ran a 5-flat and got zero seperation ever (Bear). But he had a QB that could place the ball.

HoopsDawg
04-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Our best WR in recent memory ran a 5-flat and got zero seperation ever (Bear). But he had a QB that could place the ball.

Bear was 6'5, 230 with great hands and could jump.

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Your reason for not wanting to bring another qb in to compete for our starting job is because KT won some high school state titles? What does that have to do with anything right now? KT has done absolutely nothing for us to say he should just be given the job. He won a bowl game 2 years ago and a game we could have won with my 8 year old daughter playing qb. How do you know the team responds to him? How do you know the team would not respond to this new guy if he comes? If he went out there and completed 60% of his passes and won ballgames they would respond just fine I'm sure. The point is that it is silly not to bring him in or to say a guy who has done nearly zero in his career has earned anything.

Its clearly evident to me that the team responds to him. Go watch a practice, this is my opinion not a fact I understand that. But Current commits and players have all talked about how great of a leader he is. Im just saying he is clearly the best option right now and it is undeniable that he is a winner.

I agree that if Stevens were to come in and win that would be great and the players would love him but what has he done that leads you to believe that he will? Its not as much as KT has.

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2019, 11:53 AM
In actual news on this, his Dad told media yesterday he was certainly leaving Penn State, ruling out speculation he was testing waters or seeking to attain assurances of a starting position at Penn State.

I would guess news will come out very soon about visits on upcoming weekends to candidate schools (possibly as soon as this weekend) and possibly a short list.

State is being mentioned in all of the articles forecasting potential transfer destinations.

If this comes through, it seems like a win for every single party. Moorhead gets a system-ready qb for one year, Stevens gets a shot to (earn the chance) to lead an SEC team and potentially become a pro prospect in a familiar system, and KT gets a shot to co Pete this year and an opportunity to buy back his redshirt year if he misses out which gives him another year to work on mechanics with a shot to compete in a wide open qb race next year and moving him closer to a grad transfer with no requirement to sit a year if he needs options down the road. Nothing changes at all for Mayden and Shrader, except maybe the qb competition is more open next year with no incumbent.

I do not see why some people are upset by this. I like KT too but the most likely outcome this year if he starts is that he loses confidence throwing because he is not quite ready and gets beat up running the ball too much.

And if Moorhead cannot close the deal on a player he knows well and has a perfect landing spot for, then honestly he may be in trouble as a recruiter. This really SHOULD be happening.

Moorheads QB will be here in December. And its no one on the current roster

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-19-2019, 12:40 PM

What does this mean?

msstate7
04-19-2019, 12:45 PM
What does this mean?

Rogers (commit)... Bucky is biased toward his Rankin co guys haha

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2019, 01:21 PM

Wasn't Schrader supposed to be his guy or was that before he looked shaky in the Spring? Is Schrader over his injury or does he need a full year to redshirt? People talking about his throwing motion, is it any different from what he has done in his high school career? All I saw was people talking about him like he might compete with KT for the starting position as a true freshman and now he won't even beat out the next recruit.

Coach007
04-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Any update on this?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Any update on this?

It's not a done deal but it's definitely being pursued.

Coach007
04-19-2019, 04:56 PM
FOund my own updates and sharing them

NFL Insider Leroy
‏ @LeroyInsider

Penn State QB Tommy Stevens will be transferring to Mississippi State per sources rufffffffff ruff. 1 like= 1 boop

No idea how accurate this guy is.... but...

msstate7
04-19-2019, 04:59 PM
It's not a done deal but it's definitely being pursued.

I assume Stevens isn't interested in a "Stevens" role here, right? If he comes, he's coming to be a starter?

Coach007
04-19-2019, 04:59 PM
https://onwardstate.com/2019/04/17/potential-destinations-for-tommy-stevens-in-the-transfer-portal/

Mississippi State

The most obvious choice for Stevens is Mississippi State. His former offensive coordinator, Joe Moorhead, is in charge down in Starkville. Stevens would be a fitting successor to Nick Fitzgerald, as the 6’5″, 230-pound quarterback is heading to the NFL Draft after an impressive career. Stevens, a 6’5″ quarterback himself, could slide in without disrupting the offense much at all.

Stevens could certainly win the job immediately, and we already know that he understands the Moorhead offense. His ability in a run-pass option offense makes his fit with Mississippi State seem almost too obvious.

They only list 2 other teams. Louisville and Ga Tech

msstate7
04-19-2019, 05:01 PM
He's from Indiana. Any chance Purdue and Indiana jump in the mix?

Coach007
04-19-2019, 05:02 PM
I assume Stevens isn't interested in a "Stevens" role here, right? If he comes, he's coming to be a starter?

That's correct based on what his father stated:

Stevens, who narrowly lost Penn State’s quarterback competition to McSorley in 2016, has notably waited his turn. Instead of starting, he not only accepted the role of backup but also contributed as Penn State’s “Lion”

“Tommy has so much invested in this year, and we know that this is his last shot. If he’s not Penn State’s quarterback, he’s going to be somebody’s quarterback,” Stevens’ father, Tom, told the CDT. “Everyone already knows, if he’s not playing at Penn State this year, he’s probably going to leave. I don’t think that’s much news to anybody. He wants to be a starter. ... If it’s not Tommy, then I think Sean would do a great job, and we would wish Penn State the best of luck.”

Read more here: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article229071414.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article229071414.html#storylink=cpy

Really Clark?
04-19-2019, 05:08 PM

Purdue’s starter graduated so maybe but I don’t know how they feel about who they have. Indiana’s was pretty good (needs to cut down the INT’s) and was a redshirt Sophomore last season

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2019, 05:09 PM

I'm sure that's his mindset. I don't expect that to be handed to him.

Coach007
04-19-2019, 05:10 PM
I'm sure that's his mindset. I don't expect that to be handed to him.

If he comes here... he is the starter.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2019, 05:12 PM

I'm sure Indiana will.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2019, 05:12 PM
If he comes here... he is the starter.

I don't disagree.

maroonmania
04-19-2019, 05:15 PM
https://onwardstate.com/2019/04/17/potential-destinations-for-tommy-stevens-in-the-transfer-portal/

They only list 2 other teams. Louisville and Ga Tech

Given all of this is happening after Spring practice we certainly would be the best fit for him if we are interested. He already knows the Moorhead offense whereas these other places like Louisville or GT or whoever would have him starting from scratch. Fall practice is not a lot of time to learn and offense you aren't familiar with.

Coach007
04-19-2019, 05:21 PM
Just trying to add more detail to the situation. According to PSU writers, Steven's dad has confirmed he is leaving PSU

msstate7
04-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Given all of this is happening after Spring practice we certainly would be the best fit for him if we are interested. He already knows the Moorhead offense whereas these other places like Louisville or GT or whoever would have him starting from scratch. Fall practice is not a lot of time to learn and offense you aren't familiar with.

GT is a complete overhaul on offense. Doubt a 1-year qb would want to step into that unless he wants GT on his resume post-football

Walkerhill
04-19-2019, 05:51 PM
I'm sure Indiana will.

Indiana has their sophomore starter returning and also has already taken a transfer who is immediately available (former 2017 4* Tuttle, from Utah). Hard to see them throwing their hat in the ring with serious intent.

Purdue runs a pro style offense, an adapted form of Petrino?s offense. Their starter graduated but they did have the presumptive 2019 starter granted an addition a year of eligibility, giving him 2 more. Overall, probably only a mediocre fit.

GT is a pretty drastic rebuild moving on from Paul Johnson. But the starting spot is wide open and their offense will probably fit reasonably well. And Geoff Collins will certainly hard draw some beautiful art to get Stevens attention. This may be a viable competitor.

Louisville is similar to GT. Moving to a totally new O, presumably a very run heavy scheme similar to Satterfields recent App State teams.

Have not heard any other clear contenders but there a lot of teams out there. Most observers so far see State as the bets fit and probably an early lean.

Coach007
04-19-2019, 06:05 PM
I don't see another viable option.... but here are some:

Minnesota Golden Gophers. Not sure why he would go there... but he would get the start.

North Carolina Tar Heels. Mack Brown needs a QB. Has a true freshman and redshirt freshman who played in 3 games last year. He would start there I'm sure.

Best option in my view.... Ms St. Great Defense and knows the system

Bothrops
04-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Of all the options for Tommy Stevens, MSU rather sticks out and says, hi. If he makes a decision to go elsewhere it won't be because we weren't his best fit.

msstate7
04-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Of all the options for Tommy Stevens, MSU rather sticks out and says, hi. If he makes a decision to go elsewhere it won't be because we weren't his best fit.
Apparently we're interested. I'll be pretty disappointed if we strike out with Stevens

Coach007
04-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Apparently we're interested. I'll be pretty disappointed if we strike out with Stevens

I will live with it.... or with out it.

BeastMan
04-19-2019, 07:14 PM
Bear was 6'5, 230 with great hands and could jump.

Youre right on great hands but he couldn't jump at all. He was a 28 inch vertical. He understood body potion and caught balls in traffic. I'm just making the point that the catch phrase "seperation" is incredibly overused when discussing our WRs. Every play isn't man to man bump and run where the WR has to run a route and seperate. Sometimes he needs to find the soft spot in the zone and sit down. We just need smart WRs that understand where the holes are and can get there paired with a QB who can consistently deliver the ball in those spaces.

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2019, 08:27 PM
I have heard that we got him but I will believe it when he is here

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Wasn't Schrader supposed to be his guy or was that before he looked shaky in the Spring? Is Schrader over his injury or does he need a full year to redshirt? People talking about his throwing motion, is it any different from what he has done in his high school career? All I saw was people talking about him like he might compete with KT for the starting position as a true freshman and now he won't even beat out the next recruit.

I tried to warn some that he wasnt going to be the savior. He missed two meetings and isnt ready on the field either. To his credit he is better than KT and Fitz were when they got here and he did get here early. But its just a huge step up from him competition wise. He is talented and def looks the part but he needs a RS

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2019, 11:01 PM
Youre right on great hands but he couldn't jump at all. He was a 28 inch vertical. He understood body potion and caught balls in traffic. I'm just making the point that the catch phrase "seperation" is incredibly overused when discussing our WRs. Every play isn't man to man bump and run where the WR has to run a route and seperate. Sometimes he needs to find the soft spot in the zone and sit down. We just need smart WRs that understand where the holes are and can get there paired with a QB who can consistently deliver the ball in those spaces.

All that is very true and great points. But teams know what Moorhead is doing and they know what our weaknesses are. The number 1 defense to stop RPO's (every play in Moorheads system has some type of RPO in it) is man coverage. We are going to get man. We just are.

Deddrick Thomas is the only one that I have seen that can consistently get open against it. We need one of the TE's to step up (Spivey) and become a guy who can do what Bear Wilson did and just moss on people. Guidry is a speed guy but hes not that savvy. Williams has good hands but struggles to get open. Whop should be the best WR on the roster but we will see.

BeastMan
04-20-2019, 07:05 AM
All that is very true and great points. But teams know what Moorhead is doing and they know what our weaknesses are. The number 1 defense to stop RPO's (every play in Moorheads system has some type of RPO in it) is man coverage. We are going to get man. We just are.

Deddrick Thomas is the only one that I have seen that can consistently get open against it. We need one of the TE's to step up (Spivey) and become a guy who can do what Bear Wilson did and just moss on people. Guidry is a speed guy but hes not that savvy. Williams has good hands but struggles to get open. Whop should be the best WR on the roster but we will see.

You’re dead on. Last year they figured out if they stacked the box they forced passing plays so they dictated the game. Pair that with a QB who just couldn’t deliver the ball accurately and consistently with WRs who struggled and that equaled all our struggles. Defenses forced us to do the thing that was our weakness. It’s a chicken or egg argument but an RPO offense is useless is the defense doesn’t have to respect the pass.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 07:12 AM
You’re dead on. Last year they figured out if they stacked the box they forced passing plays so they dictated the game. Pair that with a QB who just couldn’t deliver the ball accurately and consistently with WRs who struggled and that equaled all our struggles. Defenses forced us to do the thing that was our weakness. It’s a chicken or egg argument but an RPO offense is useless is the defense doesn’t have to respect the pass.

All the more reason to bring in an accurate QB.

maroonmania
04-20-2019, 09:23 AM

You make a good point about Bear in that while he rarely could get open himself, he had that rare ability to just block off the defender and make the catch like he was blocking out for a rebound. His basketball background apparently was very helpful in developing that skill on the football field.

bluelightstar
04-20-2019, 09:28 AM
All the more reason to bring in an accurate QB.

Reading what Penn State folks are saying is not making me think he’s particularly accurate. In any event, it’s Moorhead’s call but he’d better hope it works if he pulls the trigger.

maroonmania
04-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Reading what Penn State folks are saying is not making me think he’s particularly accurate. In any event, it’s Moorhead’s call but he’d better hope it works if he pulls the trigger.

We might as well take him and see how it works if Moorhead isn't sold on Thompson. We have plenty of available scholarships.

Jarius
04-20-2019, 09:37 AM

Most penn state folks are shocked he is leaving and expected him to start for them from what I have read.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 10:09 AM

Career is right at 60%. was like 70+% last year. But....

bluelightstar
04-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Looks like many expected him to start, in part because he is more athletic than the Clifford kid. But I’ve seen some criticism that he looks to run first and has accuracy issues. Greg McElroy was not a fan on First Team and said he had limited passing skills. All I’m saying is that I’m not seeing why I should expect this guy to be the savior. After all, he can’t beat out a guy who apparently is a statue in the pocket which is not great for Moorhead’s offense either.

If he comes, he’ll be the starter because that’s why he’d be here. I hope If that happens, he is outstanding.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Looks like many expected him to start, in part because he is more athletic than the Clifford kid. But I’ve seen some criticism that he looks to run first and has accuracy issues. Greg McElroy was not a fan on First Team and said he had limited passing skills. All I’m saying is that I’m not seeing why I should expect this guy to be the savior. After all, he can’t beat out a guy who apparently is a statue in the pocket which is not great for Moorhead’s offense either.

If he comes, he’ll be the starter because that’s why he’d be here. I hope If that happens, he is outstanding.

That's like saying Thompson couldn't beat out Fitz who was not a great passer. What does that say about him? See what I mean?

Jarius
04-20-2019, 12:36 PM

He did not get beat out by Clifford, he just did not want to take the chance of not beating him out and be stuck at Penn State. If Joe did not think he was a better passer than what we have he would not be pursuing him this late.

TrapGame
04-20-2019, 01:25 PM

Still looking like a done deal?

MarketingBully
04-20-2019, 01:30 PM
He did not get beat out by Clifford, he just did not want to take the chance of not beating him out and be stuck at Penn State. If Joe did not think he was a better passer than what we have he would not be pursuing him this late.

He was hurt this spring and still recovering from an injury. He didn’t go through the spring there and Coach Franklin still expected him to start. The other kid didn’t “beat him out” as the other poster said. There were some things promised and not delivered on by Franklin’s staff that left a bad taste in his and his family’s mouth that they felt it was best for a fresh start. He was barely beat out by McSorely in the 2016 competition and Coach Moorhead knows what he can do. If Moorhead wants him you better believe we need him here.

TrapGame
04-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Rumor on 6pack is it's a done deal official announcement Wednesday morning.

HoopsDawg
04-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Stevens is a really good, tough, downhill runner which is what we need with our personnel. Kylin Hill and Stephens running the read options is our best bet to score points this year. He's a more accurate passer than Fitz as well. This would be a very good addition for us. Still need that grad transfer DT and WR and all of the sudden, we can win 8 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANZQ1LMr5k

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Stevens is a really good, tough, downhill runner which is what we need with our personnel. Kylin Hill and Stephens running the read options is our best bet to score points this year. He's a more accurate passer than Fitz as well. This would be a very good addition for us. Still need that grad transfer DT and WR and all of the sudden, we can win 8 games.

I feel pretty decent about getting a Grad DT but WR I'm not confident.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 02:25 PM

The DT sent transcripts over right?

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 02:52 PM

We dont even have to throw it deep. All we have to do is hit glances, slants off of our RPO game. Its usually reading a backside LB or Safety. Trust me its not that hard to do. Will Rogers does it every single game. Fitz and KT have just never ever had to do anything like it.

Shows you how simple the ''QB whisperer's'' offense is. Credit to him though he gets production out of bad QBs

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Will be interesting to see what KT does if this is a done deal. I had heard last night he was coming but as I said before, with our history of these things I will believe it when I see it.

Last good transfer I remember was Brandon Maye

Coach007
04-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Will be interesting to see what KT does if this is a done deal. I had heard last night he was coming but as I said before, with our history of these things I will believe it when I see it.

If he does.. IF, and IF he is healthy, we could win 8 to 9 games with ease this season

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 03:01 PM
If he does.. IF, and IF he is healthy, we could win 8 to 9 games with ease this season

I wouldnt take him if he wasnt healthy. If an injured Stevens is better than a healthy KT then idk

Coach007
04-20-2019, 03:04 PM
I wouldnt take him if he wasnt healthy. If an injured Stevens is better than a healthy KT then idk

He seems to be a tough kid.

Take this for what it's worth... My understanding is PSU mishandled his injury. As in, he was injured... they treated it and he missed a few games. Put him back in and made it worse. Which is why he missed spring. That coupled with Not being named the starter pissed everybody off.

In other words, it wasn't his fault he had to miss spring

msudawg1200
04-20-2019, 03:11 PM

Who did you hear this from?

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Who did you hear this from?

A friend

msudawg1200
04-20-2019, 03:21 PM
A friend

Is he someone in the serious know, or someone who reads a twitter prediction by a dog?

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 03:41 PM
Is he someone in the serious know, or someone who reads a twitter prediction by a dog?

Haha I assure you he didnt hear it from a canine

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 03:47 PM
He seems to be a tough kid.

Take this for what it's worth... My understanding is PSU mishandled his injury. As in, he was injured... they treated it and he missed a few games. Put him back in and made it worse. Which is why he missed spring. That coupled with Not being named the starter pissed everybody off.

In other words, it wasn't his fault he had to miss spring

That would explain why they would want to leave.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 03:49 PM

I would definitely feel a lot better about our passing game. Honestly that's really the only aspect of the team that concerns me. Yes, we are inexperienced at DT but we also have two seniors that will probably play a lot there and I think Shoop can scheme around it some. Special teams should be better too with the new punter coming in.

HoopsDawg
04-20-2019, 04:10 PM
I feel pretty decent about getting a Grad DT but WR I'm not confident.

Who are you hearing at DT?

HoopsDawg
04-20-2019, 04:11 PM
The DT sent transcripts over right?

The freshman from Louisville? Yeah. But we need a grad transfer.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 04:20 PM
That would explain why they would want to leave.

Yep. If he can't beat a freshman after being in that system for 4 years... Then he's just bad. I don't think that's the case though. I think it's Franklin's lack of commitment to that in the face of they royally screwed him up for about 8 to 9 months.

Here's a story:

Clifford stepped into the spotlight last season as a redshirt freshman, impressing with limited snaps while Stevens spent most of September sidelined.

Stevens was equipped with a walking boot on his right foot last spring. Midway through August camp, he again landed in a walking boot on that same foot and was seen in possession of crutches. He returned in Week Five, finishing the fall with 8 pass completes on 11 attempts for 110 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He added 118 rushing yards and two scores on the ground, and caught two passes for two yards.

Then, upon Penn State's arrival at the Citrus Bowl in late December, Franklin shared news that Stevens wouldn't be available due to an undisclosed injury.

"I think the challenge that he had (in 2018) is he had an injury," Franklin said Wednesday. "He had a pretty significant injury, and obviously it affected his ability to continue training and developing and playing the role that we needed him to play. And it's kind of led us to this point."

"We got into a situation where Sean was able to take advantages of some of those opportunities that Tommy wasn't available for," Franklin said.

Now.. let's look at the current spring

Stevens spent this spring recovering from foot surgery in December, an injury that severely limited him during the 2018 season. While it was never confirmed to be the same injury, he dealt with foot injuries all of the way back to last spring.

They put him in a boot 2 times instead of surgery.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Who are you hearing at DT?

Ive heard a couple names but neither I feel comfortable putting out. I don't think either guys are going to be All SEC but they are guys who are mature.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 04:30 PM
Yep. If he can't beat a freshman after being in that system for 4 years... Then he's just bad. I don't think that's the case though. I think it's Franklin's lack of commitment to that in the face of they royally screwed him up for about 8 to 9 months.

Here's a story:

Now.. let's look at the current spring

They put him in a boot 2 times instead of surgery.

So, basically they mismanaged his injury...and then after he went 8-11 passing the ball and rushed for 110 yards they still aren't making him the starter? I'd leave too.

RiverCityDawg
04-20-2019, 04:44 PM

Hadn't heard that name in a while, but to help your point, It would be a stretch to call him "good". He's on the All-"Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" team. Actually when I think back to him, he's basically the same player as Leo Lewis, both size and ability.

bulldawg28
04-20-2019, 05:01 PM

He looked like a Fitz clone with only 5-6 passes the entire clip. I'd pass imo unless he's playing TE/WR. Also, I can tell you right now he will not win the team over in 5 months especially if the team loves Key like some say.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 05:16 PM
So, basically they mismanaged his injury...and then after he went 8-11 passing the ball and rushed for 110 yards they still aren't making him the starter? I'd leave too.

Yep.. and another update. Evidently he has just started following people at MS St.. like Enrol, Rip Kirk, Logan Burnett, Cole Patterson, Morreale, Shalala, Kylin Hill, Reimann, Villagrana, Wartman, Fessler, ...... and some fine chick from bama named (she can recruit!!!)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1108124758061867008/EnPqp5fr_400x400.jpg

Bothrops
04-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Reading around and some people are saying we are passing on Stevens... Does anybody know?

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 05:18 PM
He looked like a Fitz clone with only 5-6 passes the entire clip. I'd pass imo unless he's playing TE/WR. Also, I can tell you right now he will not win the team over in 5 months especially if the team loves Key like some say.

He does remind me of Fitzgerald except his completion percentage is better and he knows the offense better than Nick did. I'd take someone with Fitz's athletic skill set and an average football IQ any day.

StarkVegasSteve
04-20-2019, 05:22 PM

He made a throw in that highlight against Michigan on the run towards the sideline on a dime. You could've offered Fitz $1,000,000 and he wouldn't have been able to make that throw. That's an NFL throw. Now, I'm not going to say he's the next Russell Wilson and he's instantly going to make us a contender, but the kid has game and he's a much better passer than what we currently have on the roster.

tcdog70
04-20-2019, 05:25 PM
He does remind me of Fitzgerald except his completion percentage is better and he knows the offense better than Nick did. I'd take someone with Fitz's athletic skill set and an average football IQ any day.

Could it be possible that Penn St might have actual Wideouts that can run a route and catch the ball.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Could it be possible that Penn St might have actual Wideouts that can run a route and catch the ball.

It could be that the better and more accurate the passes are, the more opportunities to make easy cathes happens and therefore helps the %.

Coach007
04-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Reading around and some people are saying we are passing on Stevens... Does anybody know?

Have not seen that anywhere.

he has just started following people at MS St.. like Enrol, Rip Kirk, Logan Burnett, Cole Patterson, Morreale, Shalala, Kylin Hill, Reimann, Villagrana, Wartman, Fessler,

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 05:33 PM

he has just started following people at MS St.. like Enrol, Rip Kirk, Logan Burnett, Cole Patterson, Morreale, Shalala, Kylin Hill, Reimann, Villagrana, Wartman, Fessler,

I think hes coming

BuckyIsAB****
04-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Hadn't heard that name in a while, but to help your point, It would be a stretch to call him "good". He's on the All-"Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" team. Actually when I think back to him, he's basically the same player as Leo Lewis, both size and ability.

Closest thing to good then. He was a really good player at Clemson. Had some production here as well

Coach007
04-20-2019, 05:41 PM
I think hes coming

Time will tell.... but these things can be fluid

HoopsDawg
04-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Ive heard a couple names but neither I feel comfortable putting out. I don't think either guys are going to be All SEC but they are guys who are mature.

No way to get an All SEC guy at this point, but I would take a dude who can stalemate the OG so our LB's can have a free run.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 06:47 PM

Receivers are a component of the completion for sure. Based on my research the biggest issue there is KT and Guidry don't appear to be jiving. Also there were times where we had guys wide open.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 06:49 PM
No way to get an All SEC guy at this point, but I would take a dude who can stalemate the OG so our LB's can have a free run.

I think we're going to bring more pressure with our linebackers next year to try to offset our DT's some. Really if Autry and whoever can be a space eater we'll be OK.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2019, 06:52 PM

Oh I totally agree. I was just putting it out there so halfway during the season nobody could say I said we were getting this big time DT.

Jarius
04-21-2019, 12:44 AM

Kylin Hill also just tweeted “I trust Moorhead”, which could mean that he has talked to the team about what is about to happen with this qb.....or it could mean absolutely nothing. I just thought it was an interesting time to tweet that. Before anyone says anything I realize to take tweets from athletes with a grain of salt. Just adding to the convo.

Todd4State
04-21-2019, 02:02 AM
Kylin Hill also just tweeted “I trust Moorhead”, which could mean that he has talked to the team about what is about to happen with this qb.....or it could mean absolutely nothing. I just thought it was an interesting time to tweet that. Before anyone says anything I realize to take tweets from athletes with a grain of salt. Just adding to the convo.

That is curious. Typically a random tweet from an athlete is something like "Tired of this crap". That is pretty specific even for a random tweet.

Todd4State
04-21-2019, 02:05 AM
I ran the stats and with Stevens and KT for their careers:

KT- 50/105 for 846 yards with 8 TD's and 3 INT's and a completion percentage of 48%. Rushed 99 times for 672 yards and 10 TD's and 6.8 per attempt. QB Rating = 88.2

Tommy Stevens- 24/41 304 yards with 4 TD's and 1 INT for a completion percentage of 59%. Rushed for 76 times for 506 yards and 8 TD's and an average of 6.7 per attempt. Also has 2 TD's receiving as well. QB rating = 104.1

Note: QB rating is done with the NFL formula.

So, basically if we get Stevens we're getting a better passer and a guy that is pretty much equal statistically as a runner to KT.

MoreCowbell
04-21-2019, 04:41 AM
Yep.. and another update. Evidently he has just started following people at MS St.. like Enrol, Rip Kirk, Logan Burnett, Cole Patterson, Morreale, Shalala, Kylin Hill, Reimann, Villagrana, Wartman, Fessler, ...... and some fine chick from bama named (she can recruit!!!)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1108124758061867008/EnPqp5fr_400x400.jpg

Ha she is a friend of mine. Smokeshow

bulldawg28
04-21-2019, 06:13 AM

KT- 50/105 for 846 yards with 8 TD's and 3 INT's and a completion percentage of 48%. Rushed 99 times for 672 yards and 10 TD's and 6.8 per attempt. QB Rating = 88.2

Tommy Stevens- 24/41 304 yards with 4 TD's and 1 INT for a completion percentage of 59%. Rushed for 76 times for 506 yards and 8 TD's and an average of 6.7 per attempt. Also has 2 TD's receiving as well. QB rating = 104.1

So, basically if we get Stevens we're getting a better passer and a guy that is pretty much equal statistically as a runner to KT.

I wouldn't say a better passer his sample size is small even compared to KT and he's a 5th year senior. Again, unless he's playing multiple positions he's not worth bringing in for Qb alone.

Walkerhill
04-21-2019, 07:37 AM

That sample is too small to really tell anything. If anything, though, the sample available favors KT since on of his games was SFU which should have been a stat padding party and another was a Peter Sirmon defense (which also is a rather festive stat party).

I think either way Moorhead will need to do better getting his qb and wr corps into the game with some high percentage passes.

Jarius
04-22-2019, 02:46 PM
The latest thing Tommy Stevens liked on twitter is a post from Kylin Hill that said “Year 3 should be fun”. Hmmm. Yea, it is probably sad that I looked that up. I want to know who our qb is going to be though so sue me.

KentuckyDawg13
04-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Article: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article229071414.html

Haven't scanned the entire discussion, just read this and thought I would share.

TrapGame
04-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Article: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article229071414.html

Haven't scanned the entire discussion, just read this and thought I would share.

Reading that I come away with:

This guy knows the offense and can make the passes Joe's looking for. We should hope we get him.

StarkVegasSteve
04-22-2019, 03:40 PM
The latest thing Tommy Stevens liked on twitter is a post from Kylin Hill that said ?Year 3 should be fun?. Hmmm. Yea, it is probably sad that I looked that up. I want to know who our qb is going to be though so sue me.

Barring something very unforeseen Tommy Stevens will transfer here and out of all likelihood will be under center in the Superdome on August 31st.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-22-2019, 09:34 PM
He said his football goals are. Win Heisman, win NC, get to NFL....we're screwed.***

Cowbell
04-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Any more news on this?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-22-2019, 10:42 PM
Any more news on this?

Brandon Walker went ahead and called it. He said he thinks Stevens will be the starter for us this season.

Todd4State
04-22-2019, 11:25 PM
Any more news on this?

I figure that we'll start hearing more things this week from official MSU sources.

Jarius
04-23-2019, 05:46 AM
Barring something very unforeseen Tommy Stevens will transfer here and out of all likelihood will be under center in the Superdome on August 31st.

Does that mean we are hiring a new football coach, because Moorhead never goes under center? **

basedog
04-23-2019, 08:05 AM
Brandon Walker went ahead and called it. He said he thinks Stevens will be the starter for us this season.

I actually listened for about 3 or 4 minutes. I think Brandon Walker may be on to something about Joe knowing his offense pretty much tanked. Said Joe was more upset about his offense than our fans and he knows what Stevens can do after two seasons and thinks he has more trust in Stevens.

I'm all in for whoever is the best QB, but it's sorta surprising and disappointing for either Kt or Mayden if they don't pan out.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2019, 08:11 AM
I actually listened for about 3 or 4 minutes. I think Brandon Walker may be on to something about Joe knowing his offense pretty much tanked. Said Joe was more upset about his offense than our fans and he knows what Stevens can do after two seasons and thinks he has more trust in Stevens.

I'm all in for whoever is the best QB, but it's sorta surprising and disappointing for either Kt or Mayden if they don't pan out.

I don't think this says anything about Mayden. He's a RS Freshman who's never played a meaningful snap. He needs more time.

TrapGame
04-23-2019, 08:46 AM
If Stevens comes in and our offense looks like PSU's when Joe had them clicking on all cylinders then we know we have a serious QB issue and hopefully Schrader or Mayden takes the reigns later on.

But....

If Stevens comes in and we still look like a chain gang jail break on the field then Joe's system will never work in the SEC.

Coach007
04-23-2019, 09:10 AM
If Stevens comes in and our offense looks like PSU's when Joe had them clicking on all cylinders then we know we have a serious QB issue and hopefully Schrader or Mayden takes the reigns later on.

But....

If Stevens comes in and we still look like a chain gang jail break on the field then Joe's system will never work in the SEC.

We will need some time regardless. It's not SEC. Put Joe's system at Bama and it will work. In the end, it's about the quality of players and their development.

Johnson85
04-23-2019, 09:10 AM

But....

We still aren't going to have any receivers next year, and I don't knkow that any system is going to work well with our wide receivers.

And I don't doubt his system will work with a QB and outside WR that is good enough to get drafted. I suspect UGA and Bama could destroy everybody not named UGA, Bama, and LSU with his system. The question is going to be when we don't have an NFL quality QB and outside WR, which will be usually, can we be successful against everybody but the two or three best SEC defenses.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2019, 09:12 AM

Disappointing, but that's football (or any sport for that matter). Sometimes players just can't make that next step. We like to think it is easy, but it isn't. For every successful HS QB who moves to the next level and succeeds, there are probably 10 who don't. Think of all the QB's we have had who couldn't.

I don't know if MS has a website that lists state records - but we have a great one in GA - LINK (https://ghsfha.org/w/List_of_Georgia_high_school_football_records#Passi ng_yards.2C_Career_.28Minimum_5000.29)
If you look at career passing yard leaders - there are a lot of recent familiar names. Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Jake Fromm. But for every one of those guys, there is a player who never made D1 or got to D1 and did nothing. They hold records, play for state championships, make the AJC Super Prep team, etc. but can't make that next step.

Todd4State
04-23-2019, 09:18 AM

I think Stevens is just better than KT at this point. Both have similar abilities as far as talent goes. I think the fact that KT didn't redshirt has kind of put him behind as far as his overall development. People need to remember Dak when he was a redshirt sophomore in 2013 before the season started. That's where KT is right now.

Tbonewannabe
04-23-2019, 09:21 AM

But....

A lot of people just seem to concentrate on the 4 games the offense stalled against great defenses. His offense kicked ass in the other 8 games and I would say did enough against Iowa if Guidry catches a pass that should be caught 999 out of 1000 in college.

Todd4State
04-23-2019, 09:23 AM
Disappointing, but that's football (or any sport for that matter). Sometimes players just can't make that next step. We like to think it is easy, but it isn't. For every successful HS QB who moves to the next level and succeeds, there are probably 10 who don't. Think of all the QB's we have had who couldn't.

I don't know if MS has a website that lists state records - but we have a great one in GA - LINK (https://ghsfha.org/w/List_of_Georgia_high_school_football_records#Passi ng_yards.2C_Career_.28Minimum_5000.29)
If you look at career passing yard leaders - there are a lot of recent familiar names. Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Jake Fromm. But for every one of those guys, there is a player who never made D1 or got to D1 and did nothing. They hold records, play for state championships, make the AJC Super Prep team, etc. but can't make that next step.

I think KT can and probably will take that next step but watching him play he just needs to refine his deep passing ability more than anything. And everyone knows where I stand on redshirting him but again that's part of the reason why I think it would benefit both KT and MSU. I really think Stevens could actually benefit KT a lot because he would potentially serve as another QB coach for us as a mentor in the system and how to run it.

Todd4State
04-23-2019, 09:24 AM
A lot of people just seem to concentrate on the 4 games the offense stalled against great defenses. His offense kicked ass in the other 8 games and I would say did enough against Iowa if Guidry catches a pass that should be caught 999 out of 1000 in college.

That's because those other eight games don't fit their agenda.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2019, 09:30 AM
I think KT can and probably will take that next step but watching him play he just needs to refine his deep passing ability more than anything. And everyone knows where I stand on redshirting him but again that's part of the reason why I think it would benefit both KT and MSU. I really think Stevens could actually benefit KT a lot because he would potentially serve as another QB coach for us as a mentor in the system and how to run it.

I hope he can. And I agree about the red shirt. Ideally, if Stevens can come in and start, we can redshirt all 3 QBs we currently have since all 3 can play 4 games. And KT doesn't strike me as the type who wouldn't understand the benefits -on field and off.

TrapGame
04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
We still aren't going to have any receivers next year, and I don't knkow that any system is going to work well with our wide receivers.

And I don't doubt his system will work with a QB and outside WR that is good enough to get drafted. I suspect UGA and Bama could destroy everybody not named UGA, Bama, and LSU with his system. The question is going to be when we don't have an NFL quality QB and outside WR, which will be usually, can we be successful against everybody but the two or three best SEC defenses.

I'm sure Stevens will not throw Hellfire missiles at his receivers like Fitz. Stevens could be the secret sauce to make next season pretty damn special.

basedog
04-23-2019, 10:15 AM
I don't think this says anything about Mayden. He's a RS Freshman who's never played a meaningful snap. He needs more time.

I understand what you are saying about Mayden, but one has to wonder about Shrader coming in and what the future holds for him as well.

I haven't a clue about KT but I don't see him wanting to redshirt IF he isn't the guy this fall. I just have a bad feeling he will leave and maybe sit a year somewhere else.

Tbonewannabe
04-23-2019, 10:26 AM
I understand what you are saying about Mayden, but one has to wonder about Shrader coming in and what the future holds for him as well.

I haven't a clue about KT but I don't see him wanting to redshirt IF he isn't the guy this fall. I just have a bad feeling he will leave and maybe sit a year somewhere else.

If he isn't the guy then I am not sure it hurts too much for him to leave. It does leave us with either Mayden as a Redshirt sophomore or Schrader as a Redshirt freshman in 2020. Mayden has looked good throwing the ball so hopefully he would have the offense down by then. It would just be rough if Stevens went down and we had to go with Mayden as a Redshirt freshman.

TrapGame
04-23-2019, 10:39 AM
If he isn't the guy then I am not sure it hurts too much for him to leave. It does leave us with either Mayden as a Redshirt sophomore or Schrader as a Redshirt freshman in 2020. Mayden has looked good throwing the ball so hopefully he would have the offense down by then. It would just be rough if Stevens went down and we had to go with Mayden as a Redshirt freshman.

And I want to see how having Stevens elevates our QB corp. Can he be a motivator and teacher elevating Mayden and Schrader. If he can be the bridge between Joe's offense and understanding it we could see a huge payoff for having him just one year.

Todd4State
04-23-2019, 11:31 AM

We all have to do things we don't want to do from time to time. If he really does have Dak-ish qualities he'll probably stay.

Walkerhill
04-23-2019, 06:27 PM
It would make zero sense for KT to transfer. He was an early enrollee in 2017 so he is wrapping up his 5th semester not including summers. His smartest move as a mid-career player is to compete for this fall, use his redshirt if he misses out, and then target eligibility for a grad transfer next May. That would give him a chance to compete this fall, compete for the starting position again next spring, and grad transfer with immediate eligibility and 2 years to play 2 if it does not fall his way.

That give him 3 bites at the apple and costs him no eligibility.

msstate7
04-23-2019, 06:30 PM
It would make zero sense for KT to transfer. He was an early enrollee in 2017 so he is wrapping up his 5th semester not including summers. His smartest move as a mid-career player is to compete for this fall, use his redshirt if he misses out, and then target eligibility for a grad transfer next May. That would give him a chance to compete this fall, compete for the starting position again next spring, and grad transfer with immediate eligibility and 2 years to play 2 if it does not fall his way.

That give him 3 bites at the apple and costs him no eligibility.

Sounds good, but the coach that recruited him isn't here, the current coach has pursued at least 2 grad transfers, and the current coach just signed his guy. I have no idea if key stays or goes, but I can certainly understand if he does