PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bay St. Louis area

Madisonmd
04-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Going to be on MS gulf coast first week in June, advice on places to go and eat?

parabrave
04-17-2019, 01:17 PM
You really can't go wrong at any of the eating establishments in the bay. Just walk around the downtown/beachview area and there are plenty of choices.

BeastMan
04-17-2019, 01:23 PM
If you’re doing downtown BSL Tranpani’s is the classic, North Beach, or Blind Tiger (burger & bushwacker), or Cuz’s was solid last time I was down. I’ve had a few good nights at Tripletails for drinks.

Political Hack
04-17-2019, 01:33 PM
Trapani's is my favorite restaurant in Bay. Outside of that, hit the strip and bounce around.

SpeckleDawg
04-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Balcony Sports Lounge (not really a sports bar - nicer place) above North Beach for appetizers and drinks, Trapani's for dinner (trout amandine or stuffed flounder), then pick a local establishment of your choice depending on the mood after dinner.

If you've never been, swing in TBT and grab a bushwhacker and enjoy the view. Though it will be hot as all get out in June.

Waveland Dog 1
04-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Local Restaurants off the beaten path within 10 minutes of downtown BSL.

1) The Rum Kitchen . It’s in a shopping center near the Walgreens but the food is legit.
2) S&Bs on Sears Ave in Waveland. Old school poboy shop with the best boiled seafood in town.
3) The Ugly pirate . Great draft micro brew and homemade pizza spot. On DeMontlizon St one block up from the harbor.
4) Lazy Magnolia Brewery Tap Room- not much for food but the beer is great and atmosphere is cool.

Madisonmd
04-18-2019, 02:13 PM

1) The Rum Kitchen . It?s in a shopping center near the Walgreens but the food is legit.
2) S&Bs on Sears Ave in Waveland. Old school poboy shop with the best boiled seafood in town.
3) The Ugly pirate . Great draft micro brew and homemade pizza spot. On DeMontlizon St one block up from the harbor.
4) Lazy Magnolia Brewery Tap Room- not much for food but the beer is great and atmosphere is cool.

Thanks guys ! Good stuff

BeastMan
04-18-2019, 03:50 PM

1) The Rum Kitchen . It’s in a shopping center near the Walgreens but the food is legit.

Dude Rum Kitchen is pretty good. I’ve eaten there 3x and had good meals every time. The guy that owns it was on a Gordon Ramsey show years back I think.

SpeckleDawg
04-18-2019, 04:21 PM

Rum Kitchen is pretty solid.
Lazy Mag has changed up their menu a little, but still not a whole lot. The new layout is really nice.

RC3
04-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Jourdan River Steamer a short drive away near the Kiln is one of my favorite restaurants in MS. Cuz?s Downtown for poboys or crawfish. Mockingbird in the mornings
ETA. Whoever rec?d S&Bs knows what?s up

SailingDawg
04-19-2019, 07:06 PM
All good suggestions. They've rebuilt nicely.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Not in BSL but I like Steve's Marina. Will also be down the first couple days of June for our anniversary trip. Got a room in Beau Rivage. Also found a great bakery over in Ocean Springs I think. Not the best part of town but it was delicious.

parabrave
04-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Not in BSL but I like Steve's Marina. Will also be down the first couple days of June for our anniversary trip. Got a room in Beau Rivage. Also found a great bakery over in Ocean Springs I think. Not the best part of town but it was delicious.

There is a great bakery on Oak street in Biloxi called Le Bakery. Best pastries on the coast.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2019, 04:49 PM
There is a great bakery on Oak street in Biloxi called Le Bakery. Best pastries on the coast.

That's it. Just had the wrong town.

BeastMan
04-20-2019, 08:19 PM

Steve’s is one of my favorites and i haven’t been there in a while. The bakery in Biloxi is good but French Kiss in OS is the best imo. Serious Bread in BSL is hella legit as well.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Steve’s is one of my favorites and the i haven’t been there in a while. The bakery in Biloxi is good but French Kiss in OS is the best imo. Serious Bread in BSL is hella legit as well.

Great. I'll have to try those out when we get down there.

parabrave
04-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Great. I'll have to try those out when we get down there.

Just make sure you are coming on pleasure not business. Don't need no more Jim Cantores' here

notoriousdog
04-22-2019, 11:09 AM
North Beach (seafood), Dan B's (roast beef po-boy), Sycamore House, and Mockingbird (coffee). Also, Bacchus on the Beach in Pass Christian.