PDA

View Full Version : Elitedawgs MIZZOU-SC rooting trend guide:

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm sure many of us will be watching this game closely this coming weekend. So, here's place to voice your opinion on what the Bulldog faithful should hope and root for. Now, we know we've gotta do some things right to pull off the win at Columbia (better clarify Columbia, SC... we got 2 now). The game in question here may be the closest thing we have to an East Division "championship game." So, what result best sets up the gamecocks' frame of mind that will give MSU the best chance to git 'em the next weekend? What should we be rooting to happen:

(Ms) Mizzou wins a squeeker

(Mb) Mizzou rings the chicken's neck - beatdown style

(Cs) Carolina squeezes out the close one

(CB) Carolina stomps that butt

I'll "hang up and listen"

DownwardDawg
10-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Real good question. I usually have an opinion about these type of games but in this case I really don't know. I'm leaning to wanting USCe to lose. Maybe they'll half ass give up after that?

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm sure many of us will be watching this game closely this coming weekend. So, here's place to voice your opinion on what the Bulldog faithful should hope and root for. Now, we know we've gotta do some things right to pull off the win at Columbia (better clarify Columbia, SC... we got 2 now). The game in question here may be the closest thing we have to an East Division "championship game." So, what result best sets up the gamecocks' frame of mind that will give MSU the best chance to git 'em the next weekend? What should we be rooting to happen:

(Ms) Mizzou wins a squeeker

(Mb) Mizzou rings the chicken's neck - beatdown style

(Cs) Carolina squeezes out the close one

(CB) Carolina stomps that butt

I'll "hang up and listen"

I want Mizzou to win. A Mizzou win would basically end South Carolina's East title hopes and thus make our game basically irrelevant to them. If they win, they will have more motivation to beat us.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I hope they play til Monday. 13 overtimes. If rather see SC win though. Otherwise SC will be down and it won't be a signature win for us.

PassInterference
10-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I don't care what they do. I care about us playing our best game.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 12:09 PM
I want Mizzou to win. A Mizzou win would basically end South Carolina's East title hopes and thus make our game basically irrelevant to them. If they win, they will have more motivation to beat us.

I think I'm gonna go with yours Shotgun. I'd love to see Spurrier throw the visor anyway as Mizzou realistically locks up the East with a win, if not mathematically

FISHDAWG
10-22-2013, 12:11 PM
SC will end their run ... book it

bgover4
10-22-2013, 01:02 PM
I want to see mizzou beat em bad and wear em out. Then be rested up and prepared to do it all over again in a few weeks to TSUN.

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I want to see a knock down drag out physical game.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I want to see a knock down drag out physical game.

As in the kind that Clowney decides afterwards that he doesn't want to risk being knocked down and drug out of the next one??????

Barking 13
10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Mb = flyin' visor

CJDAWG85
10-22-2013, 01:29 PM
As in the kind that Clowney decides afterwards that he doesn't want to risk being knocked down and drug out of the next one??????

One where his ribs are too sore

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 11:27 AM
If Missouri (and because they'll own tiebreakers in all scenarios with SC, UGA, and FL) wins they will essentially be 4 games ahead of SC, and 4 games ahead of UGA or FL (depending on who loses their game) and 3 ahead of the other. They still have to play Tennessee but when Bama beats them they will be 3 ahead of Vols before they even play. They also have a 4 game lead on Vandy due to tiebreaker. It'll basically be over barring a complete collapse in MO last 4 including a loss to KY along with someone else winning out. If Mizzou win's Saturday, they are the East champs, even if not yet mathematically certain. I think this is best scenario for us because it may give SC much less to "play for" against crappy ol' MSU.

SignalToNoise
10-23-2013, 11:34 AM
We better hope SC wins for the sake of the 'tards in our fanbase.

If by chance we beat SC and they've already lost 3 games then there is no way people will accept it as a legitimate win.

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
We better hope SC wins for the sake of the 'tards in our fanbase.

If by chance we beat SC and they've already lost 3 games then there is no way people will accept it as a legitimate win.

I don't think they would even now. If we beat them that's 3 and I personally think with Florida and Clemson they'll drop another putting them at 8-4. They'll be "down" and it won't be a "signature" win anyway. SOOO, I just hope for what I guess gives us the best chance to actually pick up the road W. In the SEC that's always an accomplishment unless the other team just totally blows.

LiterallyPolice
10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I'll first say I hope South Carolina wins... because then it will be a better win for us.

Secondly.... man... I wish we played in the East.

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Perhaps we should be blowing up Clowney's twitter feed with links to stories about career ending sports injuries ;)