PDA

View Full Version : Teams' SEC only BA now .323. #2 in the SEC is 25 points lower...

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Slugging % is also #1 at .511 (#2 is .456). OBP is #2- we're .006 behind #1 and .019 ahead of #3. Runs scored we're #1 with 113, #2 is 102; we're scoring a full 10% more than anyone else. We're #1 in hits with 181, #2 is 151; 20% more hits. We strike out less than anyone in the conference, and walks are middle of the pack. Despite all the outs being from contact we've only had 4 double plays turned on us, the least in the league.

These are monster numbers. To be .025 better in BA and .055 better slug% while also avoiding Ks and double plays is insane. We're the kind of team you're terrified to play because you know they'll expose every flaw in your staff and defense. I love it. Jake G and Lemones have done a heck of a job getting these guys ready, as well as getting Allen and Rowdy out of their slumps. Arky has a mediocre staff so hopefully we can rake this weekend too

Todd4State
04-14-2019, 11:33 PM
And I think Foxhall is starting to come into his own too. I think sort of like Gautreau last year he is learning our guys and what they can do.

The Federalist Engineer
04-15-2019, 12:21 AM
We better find the Geautreau replacement ASAP....you just wrote him a nice resume entry

Does Cannizzaro have another Boras Corp buddy to recommend?

Todd4State
04-15-2019, 12:45 AM
We better find the Geautreau replacement ASAP....you just wrote him a nice resume entry

Does Cannizzaro have another Boris Corp buddy to recommend?

I have a lot of confidence in Cohen as far as baseball coaching replacements. I think he has a good handle on what we need to become that Vanderbilt/Florida/LSU program and knows exactly what kind of coaches we need to hire to make that happen. I'm not sure what kinds of connections Lemonis has but I think that Cohen is and can be a tremendous resource as far as making those hires happen. See Butch, Wes, Gary, and Foxhall and then Lane, Mingione, Cann, and Gautreau. That's an impressive list of assistants. I could probably add Jake Wells in there too.

Tbonewannabe
04-15-2019, 11:36 AM
I have a lot of confidence in Cohen as far as baseball coaching replacements. I think he has a good handle on what we need to become that Vanderbilt/Florida/LSU program and knows exactly what kind of coaches we need to hire to make that happen. I'm not sure what kinds of connections Lemonis has but I think that Cohen is and can be a tremendous resource as far as making those hires happen. See Butch, Wes, Gary, and Foxhall and then Lane, Mingione, Cann, and Gautreau. That's an impressive list of assistants. I could probably add Jake Wells in there too.

Cohen has a hell of a coaching tree. Three of the Head Coaches in the SEC are from Cohen staff.