PDA

View Full Version : Missouri baseball does something we seem to be unable to do...

maroonmania
04-14-2019, 02:58 PM
as they take the series from LSU on their home field.

Saltydog
04-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Yeah, they are now .500 in the league. Surprised they won that series from LSU though.

Turfdawg67
04-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Loser post

THE Bruce Dickinson
04-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Our fans become fixated on one game/series and absolutely refuse to give it up.

Football - Florida
Basketball- Ole Miss
Baseball- LSU

Just give it up. We have a legitimate top 5 baseball team, and are going for the sweep today. LET IT GO

MarketingBully
04-14-2019, 03:54 PM

And yet when we win today we will have tied 1989’s team for the best start in school history at 31-6. Let it ****ing go.

was21
04-14-2019, 06:51 PM
You gotta' like the way Ben McDonald does color on the baseball games, but is he a mole

Dawg2003
04-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Our fans make the LSU series a lot more important than it actually is. That series has very little bearing on our program.

RocketDawg
04-14-2019, 06:57 PM
The announcer on today's game (Brad?) said that Missouri isn't eligible for post-season play because of an academic issue. What's the story on that?

maroonmania
04-14-2019, 08:03 PM
Point of the post was really the surprising series win by Missouri over LSU which certainly works to our advantage. But absolutely its gets old losing to LSU especially in Starkville but we are having a great year and had a great weekend. This MSU team has an opportunity to do some really special things. It is amazing to me though how so many posters on the board crapped all over our basketball team all year whether deserved or not and rarely ever had anything positive to say about an NCAA 5 seed team and seemingly nobody cared but if any little thing is said that doesn't glorify our baseball team in every way then certain posters here seem to really want to get their panties in a wad.

Homedawg
04-14-2019, 08:05 PM

No knock on Missouri but LSU was put behind the 8 ball when hess threw one pitch for the weekend I'd say that strained the pen a tad.

Todd4State
04-14-2019, 11:40 PM
No knock on Missouri but LSU was put behind the 8 ball when bees threw one pitch for the weekend I'd say that strained the pen a tad.

Yep. It sounds like LSU is having some injury issues at other spots this weekend as well. And their midweek staff has been inconsistent- and that's being nice. That's what they're going to have to start on Sunday's in SEC play now unless Hess isn't hurt that bad.

MarketingBully
04-15-2019, 02:13 AM
If LSU sweeps us and we get a national seed, get to the CWS, and win a national championship, I could care less. We are 31-6, have one of the best records in the country, and have every one of our goals still in front of us. I think we will be okay.

THE Bruce Dickinson
04-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Point of the post was really the surprising series win by Missouri over LSU which certainly works to our advantage. But absolutely its gets old losing to LSU especially in Starkville but we are having a great year and had a great weekend. This MSU team has an opportunity to do some really special things. It is amazing to me though how so many posters on the board crapped all over our basketball team all year whether deserved or not and rarely ever had anything positive to say about an NCAA 5 seed team and seemingly nobody cared but if any little thing is said that doesn't glorify our baseball team in every way then certain posters here seem to really want to get their panties in a wad[/B].

Agree with this as well. The whole fan base needs to learn to move on.

MetEdDawg
04-15-2019, 08:19 AM
Point of the post was really the surprising series win by Missouri over LSU which certainly works to our advantage. But absolutely its gets old losing to LSU especially in Starkville but we are having a great year and had a great weekend. This MSU team has an opportunity to do some really special things. It is amazing to me though how so many posters on the board crapped all over our basketball team all year whether deserved or not and rarely ever had anything positive to say about an NCAA 5 seed team and seemingly nobody cared but if any little thing is said that doesn't glorify our baseball team in every way then certain posters here seem to really want to get their panties in a wad.

Probably because our baseball team may end up with fewer regular season losses than the basketball team and they play almost twice as many games.

Basketball played 34 games and lost 11. 5 seed was great and all, but their performance was very clearly representative of a team that had significant issues. Baseball has played 37 and lost 6.

I'll never hammer our baseball team about losing a series to LSU because they are always damn good and always play up to us. All I care about is the postseason and right now we are on track for a national seed.