PDA

View Full Version : Great game last night crowd was fantastic. Rumor early today spring game may be

99jc
04-13-2019, 08:26 AM
canceled and baseball game moved to double header Sunday Starting at 11. going to stay here until Monday anyway. what r you all hearing. and PS go to hell Bama.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-13-2019, 08:30 AM
They need to hurry up and decide.

Quaoarsking
04-13-2019, 08:51 AM
They're canceling the Spring Game so that no one knows how bad the offense looks.**

msstate7
04-13-2019, 09:02 AM
Cancelling the football game would be dumb.

DownwardDawg
04-13-2019, 09:24 AM
They're canceling the Spring Game so that no one knows how bad the offense looks.**

Hahaha!!! +1

basedog
04-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Cancelling the football game would be dumb.

Explain dumb? No crowd, bad weather, mean less football practice, not much can get accomplished with field being wet.

I'm sorry but I ain't going even if they play, rather for them to get another day of practice if possible with good weather.

confucius say
04-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Cancel it. Wet field. Already banged up. Won't be 7k there which will look horrible.

msstate7
04-13-2019, 09:57 AM
Explain dumb? No crowd, bad weather, mean less football practice, not much can get accomplished with field being wet.

I'm sorry but I ain't going even if they play, rather for them to get another day of practice if possible with good weather.

People are smart enough to know weather killed attendance. It's a chance to play on espnu. That's exposure for our program. And besides all that, I want us to play in the rain. Hell, at Kentucky, we looked like we've never seen rain before. Cancelling football and planning on playing baseball... jeez

basedog
04-13-2019, 10:02 AM
People are smart enough to know weather killed attendance. It's a chance to play on espnu. That's exposure for our program. And besides all that, I want us to play in the rain. Hell, at Kentucky, we looked like we've never seen rain before. Cancelling football and planning on playing baseball... jeez

Exposure is not the answer, especially spring game with a empty stadium on TV and the masters on TV. Rain in the spring does nothing for a football game in the fall to help. Baseball game could be iffy as well. Sad thing if any is its Super Bulldog Weekend and MANY events have been cancelled.

Come on 7, what you say is off the charts.

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Well, last weekend beautiful weather nothing going on in town. This weekend, shit weather and everything cancelled.

CadaverDawg
04-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Damn, I guess we'll have to just use our imagination now to see 35% QB completions in front of 3,000 people.**

What a difference a few years and a new coach makes. People were more excited about football during the Slytanic years.

Goldendawg
04-13-2019, 11:22 AM

Impossible. "Championship Standard", Spring game planned. Also taking ring sizes for players not on roster last year. *** Hail State!

Goldendawg
04-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Never seen rain before and Jo never saw a running game b4. Sorry, still bad vibes over 30 or so passes in the rain.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2019, 11:34 AM
there is no truth to this... It won't be a perfect day but it won't be bad unless you are scared of a water puddle and a couple drops of rain... goodness.

RocketDawg
04-13-2019, 11:40 AM
Radar doesn't look all that bad SW of Starkville at the moment. It's hard to tell what it'll look like in 5 hours, but probably can get the baseball game in. There's at least one pretty large tornado in Texas 100 miles or so south of Dallas/FW at 11:40 a.m.

RocketDawg
04-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Are the games still on? Radar looks dry enough to get everything in unless stoms pop up, but that'll likely be late afternoon. I'm thinking a good window to get everthing in OK.

ScoobaDawg
04-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Yes. nothing has changed. popup showers are possible. but rain shouldnt return until tonight

Quaoarsking
04-13-2019, 01:10 PM

Wish we had.

DownwardDawg
04-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Damn, I guess we'll have to just use our imagination now to see 35% QB completions in front of 3,000 people.**

What a difference a few years and a new coach makes. People were more excited about football during the Slytanic years.

I know. It’s a damn shame but people seem to have lost interest.