PDA

View Full Version : OT: MSU fans on flight from Charlotte this morning

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-12-2019, 11:50 AM
I caught the red eye out of Charleston this morning and my connection was in Charlotte. On my flight from Charlotte, I was seated next to a guy wearing a MSU pullover. Naturally we struck up a conversation and found out he was from Cali and was flying in for SBW to see his son. When I asked how they ended up at MSU, his first words were ?well we were watching as State beat Auburn and went to #1. My son asked me about MSU as his college choice?. The rest is history.

At baggage claim in Jackson, I struck up a conversation while waiting in line and it turned out to be Shrader?s girlfriend?s dad. He said Garrett is old soul and that he doesn?t have social media. Sounds like his dad stays on top of him.

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2019, 12:27 PM
I caught the red eye out of Charleston this morning and my connection was in Charlotte. On my flight from Charlotte, I was seated next to a guy wearing a MSU pullover. Naturally we struck up a conversation and found out he was from Cali and was flying in for SBW to see his son. When I asked how they ended up at MSU, his first words were ?well we were watching as State beat Auburn and went to #1. My son asked me about MSU as his college choice?. The rest is history.

At baggage claim in Jackson, I struck up a conversation while waiting in line and it turned out to be Shrader?s girlfriend?s dad. He said Garrett is old soul and that he doesn?t have social media. Sounds like his dad stays on top of him.

I can relate to that story about picking colleges. When I was filling out SAT forms, I had UGA and a couple of back ups, and 1 more slot to send scores to. I chose MSU because of the Burke Masters HR and 1990 CWS being fresh in my head. MSU offered me an academic scholarship and I went for a visit and loved it.

Bodaski
04-12-2019, 04:57 PM
I rode to MSU with my dad when I was a little boy to buy several Holstein Bulls from the MSU farm to breed our dairy cows. We stopped to get ice cream and some cheese and I was hooked. Was also on the county 4-H dairy judging team and we always competed at MSU and we won state as a JR and SR 4-H member. It was our lifestyle and my family worked with MSU extension service a lot through the farm. So glad I was raised right.

msbulldog
04-12-2019, 05:29 PM
My brother and I and 2 other kids were a 4-H poultry judging team that made it to the state contest 2 years straight. Of course it was at MSU and like Bodaski, me and my brother were hooked. We're both engineers.