PDA

View Full Version : My son- a pitcher- pregame prayer: had to share

TStationDawg
04-11-2019, 06:40 PM
My son 13, told me yesterday he goes out to the mound and silently prays: ?Lord, help me not to hurt my arm, and help my defense look good, because they aren?t? hahaha. I wonder how many of our pitchers have thought the same!!!!!! I was in tears!

Todd4State
04-11-2019, 06:49 PM
LOL. And dear Lord, please do not let our hitters get big with their swings no matter how well the ball carries in BP. Amen.

Commercecomet24
04-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Good stuff!

The Federalist Engineer
04-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a great kid

Lord McBuckethead
04-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Yeah, if our hitters keep it simple and look the other way, look out.

drunkernhelldawg
04-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Cool. Enjoy the game, Dad!

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
04-12-2019, 10:53 AM
My son 13, told me yesterday he goes out to the mound and silently prays: ?Lord, help me not to hurt my arm, and help my defense look good, because they aren?t? hahaha. I wonder how many of our pitchers have thought the same!!!!!! I was in tears!

I?m thoroughly convinced that God cares nothing about baseball or any other sport for that matter but when you call on him to manifest his glory to others he will show up and make his presence felt.
It sounds like your son is asking for this very thing. That only comes from great parenting which is sorely lacking these days.
Congrats on an awesome kid!
How well did he pitch?

TStationDawg
04-12-2019, 11:06 AM
I?m thoroughly convinced that God cares nothing about baseball or any other sport for that matter but when you call on him to manifest his glory to others he will show up and make his presence felt.
It sounds like your son is asking for this very thing. That only comes from great parenting which is sorely lacking these days.
How well did he pitch?

That's kind of you to say- I'd say its more of God blessing me with an awesome kid than he blessed my son with an awesome Dad.

He pitched great. Pitched around a plethora of errors lol. He went 5 innings, k'd 6, only 2 BB- Filled up the zone and hit his spots; 67% pitches were strikes. Won 6-3. 1 ER. No sore arm! Went 3-3 at the plate. Good day

sleepy dawg
04-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Where does Jobu fit into all this?

TStationDawg
04-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Where does Jobu fit into all this?

GREAT point- We're all good there. I've taught my son 2 things:
1. Jesus Christ CAN hit a curveball
2. It is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. It is VERY bad.

msbulldog
04-12-2019, 05:38 PM
How well did he pitch?

Amen!

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
04-12-2019, 10:22 PM
That's kind of you to say- I'd say its more of God blessing me with an awesome kid than he blessed my son with an awesome Dad.

He pitched great. Pitched around a plethora of errors lol. He went 5 innings, k'd 6, only 2 BB- Filled up the zone and hit his spots; 67% pitches were strikes. Won 6-3. 1 ER. No sore arm! Went 3-3 at the plate. Good day

Man that’s fantastic. Got to throw strikes. 67% is a good number. Tell him I said well done and to holler at me when he’s on tv!;)

Goldendawg
04-13-2019, 11:33 AM
When my son was about 8 he got hit in the face playing dodge ball in P.E. He didn't report it to his Coach (UM alum, but a good friend). Coach told me about it later when he found out. Asked my son after school, why he didn't alert his coach. His reply, "because he's not dependable". My question, "What do you mean?". His answer, "you know, he's Ole Miss". After a grin, I knew he was raised hardcore State, just like my late SuperDawg Dad raised me. Hail State!

msbulldog
04-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Hail State! Goldendawg! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goldendawg again.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
04-13-2019, 07:46 PM
When my son was about 8 he got hit in the face playing dodge ball in P.E. He didn't report it to his Coach (UM alum, but a good friend). Coach told me about it later when he found out. Asked my son after school, why he didn't alert his coach. His reply, "because he's not dependable". My question, "What do you mean?". His answer, "you know, he's Ole Miss". After a grin, I knew he was raised hardcore State, just like my late SuperDawg Dad raised me. Hail State!
Sorry to hear about your dad man. I hope you have a boat load of great memories.

chainedup_Dawg
04-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Poor kid, I feel his pain. In high school i played on a team that averaged just under 6 errors per game and I was a contact pitcher at that. Threw three 2 hitters, a no hitter and a 1 hitter my senior year and only won 1 game as a starter.Tell him keep his head up even when the bad times hit, he can only control what he can control his attitude and work ethic.