PDA

View Full Version : MBB to play in Myrtle Beach Invitational and SEC/Big 12 Challenge

msudawg1200
04-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Don't know who we'll play in either. Villanova, Baylor, Utah, Tulane, MTSU. Coastal, and Ohio are the other teams at the MBI. The SEC will release the SEC/BIG 12 Challenge schedule in May. By the way, Joe Lunardi has us as an 8 seed in his early bracketology for 2019-20.

msbulldog
04-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Finally in the Big 12, always pissed me off that we were left out and Mississippi was in it.

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Don't know who we'll play in either. Villanova, Baylor, Utah, Tulane, MTSU. Coastal, and Ohio are the other teams at the MBI. The SEC will release the SEC/BIG 12 Challenge schedule in May. By the way, Joe Lunardi has us as an 8 seed in his early bracketology for 2019-20.

I will be pretty happy just to make the Dance next year. An 8 seed would mean Howland coached his ass off, Nick came back strong, Woodard and Perry improved, and we probably have some freshmen step up.

PG: Nick
SG: Tyson
SF: Woodard
PF: Perry
C: Ado

That might be a good enough lineup to get us to the Dance but there is no depth there. Feazell is pretty raw and then it is freshmen.

chef dixon
04-11-2019, 12:23 PM
If Woodard and Perry make realistic jumps and assuming Nick will play we honestly should expect to make the dance.

R2Dawg
04-11-2019, 12:45 PM
I will be pretty happy just to make the Dance next year. An 8 seed would mean Howland coached his ass off, Nick came back strong, Woodard and Perry improved, and we probably have some freshmen step up.

PG: Nick
SG: Tyson
SF: Woodard
PF: Perry
C: Ado

That might be a good enough lineup to get us to the Dance but there is no depth there. Feazell is pretty raw and then it is freshmen.

Agree but don't forget about DJ Stewart. I'm expected a breakout year from him. The kind that has folks (outside MSU) saying where did he come from.

smootness
04-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Ohio and Coastal Carolina are also in the MBI. That's an actual tournament, where the 4 winners of the 1st games move on to the semis, then finals, and everyone plays 3 games total. So the losers keep playing each other as well, though they can't actually win the tournament.