PDA

View Full Version : Davis Wade

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Via Sixpack

As a university, we need to put our thinking caps on & be more creative with the inside of the stadium than this.

It's amazing to me that the same group of people that thought of everything & were creative with the new Dudy Noble, were also a part of this design.

We can do SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Where is the 360 concourse?
Why no balconies for the hotel rooms?
What can't this building connect both sides of the stadium & bowl in the South Endzone?
Why can't we put in chair backs in other parts of the stadium, & make this building part of the stadium with seats at the bottom to bowl in the stadium?
Why no roof top bar?
Why lawn space between the building & the endzone?

Hopefully these designs were just floated so that people could give feedback in mass.

https://www.sixpackspeak.com/images/DavisWade/DavisWade1.PNG

https://www.sixpackspeak.com/images/DavisWade/DavisWade2.PNG

https://www.sixpackspeak.com/images/DavisWade/DavisWade3.PNG

https://www.sixpackspeak.com/images/DavisWade/DavisWade4.PNG

BeardoMSU
04-11-2019, 10:07 AM
We can do SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!

I agree that there are some obvious tweaks that can be made, but this rendering is BAD ****ING ASS. How you aren't blown away is astonishing to me...

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:09 AM
I agree that there are some obvious tweaks that can be made, but this rendering is BAD ****ING ASS. How you aren't blown away is astonishing to me...

I think it's a great start. Making this the final product though would be a massive missed opportunity

Heck, just throw two berms up against those white walls in the stadium for overflow seating, & it's immediately better.

The berms could bowl in the stadium without adding anymore seats.

My biggest thing is that we were so creative & trend setting at Dudy Noble & I just can't imagine why we wouldn't attempt to do something unique & trend setting here.

BeardoMSU
04-11-2019, 10:11 AM
I think it's a great start. Making this the final product though would be a massive missed opportunity

It is a great start, and to be fair, both the Dude and the Davis Wade's endzone projects went through a few changes before finalization, so I'm sure this will be the same.

BHildreth3
04-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Looks awesome, but the graphic designer in me says that the MState logo is way too small. Bump it up 25% please.

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2019, 10:15 AM
It definitely needs some type of rooftop bar kind of thing similar to the Leftfield Lofts.

There looks like some kind of open space in the endzone with an awning? Combined that with the open courtyard, is this where people staying will watch the game? This could get very crowded if you don't park yourself at the railings.

I think it also needs balconies so people could just watch from there and basically makes it similar to a skybox. What kind of issues happen when you get drunk people banging with the windows open and it is on TV? Interesting problem to have I guess.

I also think it needs some type of connection to the stadium. It looks kind of weird but so does the M Club now. I would like to correct that issue if possible.

I agree with what someone said that the back of the jumbotron needs something other than open metal beams.

MStateDawg
04-11-2019, 10:20 AM
I looks like a hotel built next to the stadium. I doesn't look like a stadium that has a hotel in it.

smootness
04-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Heck, just throw two berms up against those white walls in the stadium for overflow seating, & it's immediately better.

My biggest thing is that we were so creative & trend setting at Dudy Noble & I just can't imagine why we wouldn't attempt to do something unique & trend setting here.

At Dudy Noble, we basically tore down and rebuilt. You can't do that at Davis Wade, it would be an insane cost. And just adding a bowl to the bottom of the hotel would likely look pretty rough.

I like this.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:25 AM
At Dudy Noble, we basically tore down and rebuilt. You can't do that at Davis Wade, it would be an insane cost. And just adding a bowl to the bottom of the hotel would likely look pretty rough.

I like this.

I really disagree. Respect your opinion though. We have a blank slate here to do something unique. Let's do it.

We have the ONLY stadium in the SEC with an exposed endzone. Every single other stadium in the SEC is bowled in. It makes us look high schoolish & it's something we need to fix.

smootness
04-11-2019, 10:42 AM
I really disagree. Respect your opinion though. We have a blank slate here to do something unique. Let's do it.

We have the ONLY stadium in the SEC with an exposed endzone. Every single other stadium in the SEC is bowled in. It makes us look high schoolish & it's something we need to fix.

I'm ok with being unique, and we really don't have demand right now to justify it. If we're going to bowl it all in, then we need to make it a major job, completely take out the upper deck and re-do that.

But Darrell Royal isn't bowled in, Ohio Stadium is only sort of bowled in. Anybody who thinks that rendering looks high-schoolish is on crack.

Jack Lambert
04-11-2019, 10:43 AM
I got a email they worked on the restrooms on the East Side but they need to do a serious renovation to the lower East Side of the stadium. Now I am hoping to move to the West side and if so that would not matter to me. As far as this goes I am excited anytime they improve the stadium and that looks way better then the current building but I am also a little disappointed it is not being bowled in. Buy tickets! Don't care how pissed you are or how old you are. Buy tickets if you can and sell them or give them to someone else if you don't want to go.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:49 AM
I'm ok with being unique, and we really don't have demand right now to justify it. If we're going to bowl it all in, then we need to make it a major job, completely take out the upper deck and re-do that.

But Darrell Royal isn't bowled in, Ohio Stadium is only sort of bowled in. Anybody who thinks that rendering looks high-schoolish is on crack.

There are tons of ways to bowl in the stadium without adding many if any seats. Just takes creativity.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:51 AM
I'd also like to see an MSU HOF & Athletic Museum in this building that people coud visit by entering from the Junction

drummerdawg
04-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Vandy bowled theirs in?

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Guy on Sixpack nailed it by combining our design with Troy's. This is more down the road I'd like to see things go.

https://i.imgur.com/VcBlXQG.jpg

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Vandy bowled theirs in?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/USATSI_10299923-718x490.jpg

smootness
04-11-2019, 11:03 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/USATSI_10299923-718x490.jpg

That genuinely looks worse to me than if there were no seats behind that endzone, and it isn't bowled in. And I don't see the rendering you posted above as an improvement on this one.

Adding 25 seats just to say we bowled it in isn't worth it.

Doggie_Style
04-11-2019, 11:07 AM
A rooftop bar and pool would make this kick-ass!

bulldawg28
04-11-2019, 11:11 AM

100% in agreement. Any new building or renovation should set us apart. We should take the momentum given and be that university that does it differently.

gtowndawg
04-11-2019, 11:33 AM
As far as the concept of putting in a hotel down there, I love it. I actually like the original rendering. I'm sure it will go thru several revisions but it's a great start and very unique.

BeardoMSU
04-11-2019, 11:35 AM
As far as the concept of putting in a hotel down there, I love it. I actually like the original rendering. I'm sure it will go thru several revisions but it's a great start and very unique.

This.

gtowndawg
04-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Also be curious to know how much does the hotel developer pay, how much do we pay? I assume it will be a hotel franchise of some kind.

Jack Lambert
Guy on Sixpack nailed it by combining our design with Troy's. This is more down the road I'd like to see things go.

https://i.imgur.com/VcBlXQG.jpg

I think some of the concern with the AD is losing the Junction space but that will happen if they bowl the stadium.

MaroonBelle
Seems to me that putting balconies on all the rooms discourages people from buying the premium seating they are already purchasing and that money all goes to the school/Bulldog Club. You won't recoup that loss by selling rooms with balconies in which the majority of fees go to whatever chain does put it's name on the hotel side.

Another thing to think about, I like that you can see into the stadium from the Junction and that you can see the Junction from inside the stadium. When all the tents are out and you can see all the people walking around, it makes them so much a part of each other and I think it adds atmosphere. Completely bowling in the stadium eliminates that.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Seems to me that putting balconies on all the rooms discourages people from buying the premium seating they are already purchasing and that money all goes to the school/Bulldog Club. You won't recoup that loss by selling rooms with balconies in which the majority of fees go to whatever chain does put it's name on the hotel side.

Another thing to think about, I like that you can see into the stadium from the Junction and that you can see the Junction from inside the stadium. When all the tents are out and you can see all the people walking around, it makes them so much a part of each other and I think it adds atmosphere. Completely bowling in the stadium eliminates that.

Agree with your first part & meh on your 2nd part.

I just want to see whatever we build in the South Endzone enhance the atmosphere & experience INSIDE DWS. IMO this rendering does not do that & thus needs to be tweeked to do so.

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Could the price of the room include some type of fee for anyone staying Friday and Saturday of a MSU home game? It would have to be close to what you would pay for a chairback so it might not be feasible but I wonder what the cost would come to.

basedog
04-11-2019, 12:17 PM
I don't think we need any extra seats, maybe a standing only ramp kinda like the Dude, that goes from one end to the other, double deck if needed. Crazy to add seats when we barely sell out now anyway.

Duke basketball says hold my beer!

R2Dawg
04-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Mizzou has the berm with M on one end. I think it adds a little character to a campus/stadium. I don't want to have a commodity just like everyone else. I want something special that no one else has. MSU broke ground on the jumbo trons, cabanas, etc.

Agree we do need to do something really good on south endzone; I'm not sure what but we only get one shot at it. Rendering looks pretty good just not sure yet if that is what we want?? Got to mull on that a while.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Mizzou has the berm with M on one end. I think it adds a little character to a campus/stadium. I don't want to have a commodity just like everyone else. I want something special that no one else has. MSU broke ground on the jumbo trons, cabanas, etc.

Agree we do need to do something really good on south endzone; I'm not sure what but we only get one shot at it. Rendering looks pretty good just not sure yet if that is what we want?? Got to mull on that a while.

Would be pretty cool if the athletic department released maybe 3 or 4 different concepts & let the fan base discuss on the boards to see what the people want.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-11-2019, 12:45 PM
I've always thought it would be cool if we did something at Davis Wade similar to the Left Field Lounge at Dudy. Let folks buy their spots in the endzone and cook and tailgate during the entire game. We all know how much notoriety that the Left Field Lounge has brought to MSU. We could do something similar at David Wade that nobody else in the SEC could do. Take the hotel as it is in the renderings and put lounge spots between the hotel and stadium on both sides up to the top of the hotel. I just think that would set us apart from everyone else and definitely have everyone talking about it like they do the lounge at Dudy Noble.

MaroonBelle
04-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Would be pretty cool if the athletic department released maybe 3 or 4 different concepts & let the fan base discuss on the boards to see what the people want.

If those images were emailed to Brian, they probably came from the architects (almost the whole firm and certainly the named partners are MSU grads and are aware of the fan boards), and they had to know he would post them on Six Pack and would spread to other message boards from there. In all likelihood they are watching the reactions right now.

smootness
04-11-2019, 12:55 PM

The last thing I'll add is that of course it can be tweaked and potentially made even better, but this is unique and potentially trend-setting. Nobody else has a hotel that opens up into the football stadium.

Your main issue seems to be that it doesn't bowl it in, and your rationale for that is that everybody else in the SEC has it...which is the definition of not unique or trend-setting.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2019, 01:02 PM
The last thing I'll add is that of course it can be tweaked and potentially made even better, but this is unique and potentially trend-setting. Nobody else has a hotel that opens up into the football stadium.

Your main issue seems to be that it doesn't bowl it in, and your rationale for that is that everybody else in the SEC has it...which is the definition of not unique or trend-setting.

The main issue is what was designed here does not improve the atmosphere or experience INSIDE DWS. Anything built in that endzone should do that.

I like the look & aesthetics of the design. It just needs to serve a functional purpose in the stadium.

dantheman4248
04-11-2019, 01:29 PM
The main reason I want to see us bowl in the stadium is to trap cowbell noise.

It’s no surprise it got way louder in 2012->2013->2014 with bowling one end off. That noise gets trapped and rolls down the stands to make it electric on the field.

Liverpooldawg
04-11-2019, 01:55 PM
I swear some of y'all would complain about the way the check looked if you won the lottery.

Jack Lambert
04-11-2019, 01:56 PM
The main reason I want to see us bowl in the stadium is to trap cowbell noise.

It’s no surprise it got way louder in 2012->2013->2014 with bowling one end off. That noise gets trapped and rolls down the stands to make it electric on the field.

Add in the sound system and you have the loudest stadium in the country. Also in my email they said the sound system got improved.

mstatefan91
04-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Would be cool if the team could stay there the night before games. Really keep them locked in.. Granted, I know that would likely cost the University money and would also ruin the Dawg Walk so.. yeah nvm.. lol

MaroonBelle
04-11-2019, 02:25 PM
To me, the fact that there is a curve to the building makes it not feel like someone just plopped a rectangular hotel down. Makes it more of an extension of the stadium. Continuing the shape even though it is not connected.

DancingRabbit
04-11-2019, 03:51 PM
I love the general idea, but agree with the notion that it should connect to, or complement the actual stadium a little better. I'm sure there will revisions to the plan.

Let Janet Marie Smith sprinkle some fairy dust on it.

Political Hack
04-11-2019, 04:01 PM
The back of the scoreboard needs the huge M-State logo facing the junction. And it better light up and shoot fireworks out of it as a giant cowbell slowly protrudes from the hotel roof and starts ringing as the dawg walk occurs. Outside of the missing pool, hot tub, and the lazy river on the roof, and obviously the balaconies that need to be facing he field and the junction, I think it's close. Once they add all that, it won't look like they've moved Dorman hall to the foot of the stadium.

BrunswickDawg
04-11-2019, 04:04 PM
After having the majority of things right with the North Endzone, Nusz Park, the new golf facility, the football facility, and Dudy Noble - I think the university has earned a whole lot credibility on how they approach facilities upgrades. Trust the process.

msu15
04-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Add in the sound system and you have the loudest stadium in the country.

We already do when the stands are full

RocketDawg
04-11-2019, 04:42 PM
I looks like a hotel built next to the stadium. I doesn't look like a stadium that has a hotel in it.

Basically, it just replaces the M-Club building with a hotel. It needs to be seamlessly integrated into the stadium. As Shotgun said, it needs to completely enclose the south endzone. If you're going to do it, do it right. I'm not sure I like the video board just hanging up in the air the way it's presented ... looks unstable.

RocketDawg
04-11-2019, 04:44 PM
The back of the scoreboard needs the huge M-State logo facing the junction. And it better light up and shoot fireworks out of it as a giant cowbell slowly protrudes from the hotel roof and starts ringing as the dawg walk occurs. Outside of the missing pool, hot tub, and the lazy river on the roof, and obviously the balaconies that need to be facing he field and the junction, I think it's close. Once they add all that, it won't look like they've moved Dorman hall to the foot of the stadium.

Do you mind if I think all of that is tacky? All except the balconies, that is.

99jc
04-11-2019, 04:45 PM

because he never goes to games even though our resident know it all claims he does. He has never been to the new dude or Davis Wade. I'm tempted to give him weekend seats on at 3rd base so he wont look like an idiot.

RocketDawg
04-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Could the price of the room include some type of fee for anyone staying Friday and Saturday of a MSU home game? It would have to be close to what you would pay for a chairback so it might not be feasible but I wonder what the cost would come to.

If the hotel doesn't have a "room with a view" of the game, why put it there? You could put a hotel anywhere on campus.

gtowndawg
04-11-2019, 04:50 PM
After having the majority of things right with the North Endzone, Nusz Park, the new golf facility, the football facility, and Dudy Noble - I think the university has earned a whole lot credibility on how they approach facilities upgrades. Trust the process.

I agree with this.

MaroonBelle
04-11-2019, 04:58 PM
If the hotel doesn't have a "room with a view" of the game, why put it there? You could put a hotel anywhere on campus.

"Room with a view" is not the same as "room with a balcony" which is what this comment is about.

Lord McBuckethead
04-11-2019, 05:02 PM

Bingo. To me this misses the mark. Not only is this a Marriot attached to our stadium, but lacks an architectural language that reaches the scale of the size and stature of this project.
The junction side is bad. Proportionally. Details. Language. Bad at every level except the YMCA rip off steps they included to the plaza level. I mean did they use Dorman as a Go by for the upper windows? Or was it the back of Suttle Hall. Either way bad.
The inside elevation is only slightly worse than the exterior. What is the bottom level doing? Whats up with the 17n punched openings. Does WBA hate fans of football?

Goldendawg
04-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Whatever you do, don't disturb any more Native American burial grounds with improvements. JoMo got enough problems with "Championship Standards", as it is ! Hail State!

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2019, 05:55 PM

Someone else said if it was cheaper than chairbacks then people might just go this route. I think if it doesn't have a balcony then you lose a lot of the appeal like the Left field lofts.

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
The main issue is what was designed here does not improve the atmosphere or experience INSIDE DWS. Anything built in that endzone should do that.

I like the look & aesthetics of the design. It just needs to serve a functional purpose in the stadium.

Thats an opinion. I think its pretty cool. But my vote would be something like the LFL at Dudy Noble. That would be badass.

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2019, 06:17 PM
I've always thought it would be cool if we did something at Davis Wade similar to the Left Field Lounge at Dudy. Let folks buy their spots in the endzone and cook and tailgate during the entire game. We all know how much notoriety that the Left Field Lounge has brought to MSU. We could do something similar at David Wade that nobody else in the SEC could do. Take the hotel as it is in the renderings and put lounge spots between the hotel and stadium on both sides up to the top of the hotel. I just think that would set us apart from everyone else and definitely have everyone talking about it like they do the lounge at Dudy Noble.

Hell yes I'm all for this.

Todd4State
04-11-2019, 07:15 PM
I think this is a ninja sneaky level brilliant idea by MSU.

We all agree that just putting a ton more seats is a terrible idea and at the same time there needs to be SOMETHING there.

But here's the thing about MSU that is a disadvantage and I think it hurts attendance a little. It's the fact that we are at least two hours away from our largest markets (Jackson/Memphis) and even further from the Gulf Coast. As a result I have made the trek through the night many times for two hours only to get home by around 1 AM usually. The hotel situation in Starkville is not ideal at all. So what does MSU do about it? Build their own freaking hotel. I'm expecting the prices to be Hilton level (just a guess) but you know people will spend money to stay there. What that does is open up some of the other rooms at the other hotels making it more likely that Joe fan can get a room for the night- whether it's at the Leo Seal or the University Inn. It makes it more convenient for our fans to travel- which means more fans get to go. And the beautiful part of it is since the hotel is on MSU property MSU is going to get a LOT of the money from it. It's basically an extra BC donation for a lot of people. I'm assuming that we don't partner with Holiday Inn or Hilton or someone like that but I have no idea if that's the case or not.

And that's good for Starkville. You can walk to the Cotton District easily from that hotel. And you're right there in the middle of everything. Not to mention the balcony opportunities that may lead to new LFL like traditions. More people in Starkville mean more money for Starkville. And I think it may help with the traffic situation some because you know people are going to park there. Plus some of the people there will probably stay the night meaning less traffic as well.

But beyond that our fans can stay there during baseball regionals as well- which may help attendance there as well.

Then the big thing- I think this is good for recruiting. Remember Ole Miss and their hotel? We may be able to do some "networking"** of our own now. I do think it's good for recruiting because it's a place where they can stay on campus in a swanky hotel.

So, yeah- I think this is a GREAT idea.

DancingRabbit
04-11-2019, 07:32 PM

I agree with everything you posted.

Could be wrong, but it seems like this idea was mentioned here or SPS in a thread about the LF Lofts and somebody brought up the A&M on-campus hotel. Anyone recall that?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2018/08/31/new-hotel-opens-at-texas-am-overlooking-kyle-field/#317933892edb

ETA - what I'm thinking of was when this news was leaked on SPS a couple of weeks ago.

Liverpooldawg
04-11-2019, 08:19 PM
A question Shotgun: How many times a year do you get to Starkville?

R2Dawg
04-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Ding, Dong a winner. Love the idea to have a giant cowbell ring at some key times. That would be a unique experience and sit at DWS. That is not much to do with stadium expansion but again looking for something different and that is MSU. Giant cowbell, that works.

Another thought, smaller jumbo tron facing the junction for pregme tail gating atmosphere? Could play all kinds of cool stuff prior to game - other games, almost like the Bulldog channel, highlights from past big games, especially against the opponent we are playing. Can see it now, Bama 1980, Auburn in 2014, Florida in 2000.

Political Hack
04-11-2019, 09:15 PM
I was just kidding about 90% of that, but they do need to do something on the back of that scoreboard. Another screen or giant cowbell or huge M-State logo... and the balaconies need to happen too.

Homedawg
04-11-2019, 09:15 PM
I think this is a ninja sneaky level brilliant idea by MSU.

We all agree that just putting a ton more seats is a terrible idea and at the same time there needs to be SOMETHING there.

But here's the thing about MSU that is a disadvantage and I think it hurts attendance a little. It's the fact that we are at least two hours away from our largest markets (Jackson/Memphis) and even further from the Gulf Coast. As a result I have made the trek through the night many times for two hours only to get home by around 1 AM usually. The hotel situation in Starkville is not ideal at all. So what does MSU do about it? Build their own freaking hotel. I'm expecting the prices to be Hilton level (just a guess) but you know people will spend money to stay there. What that does is open up some of the other rooms at the other hotels making it more likely that Joe fan can get a room for the night- whether it's at the Leo Seal or the University Inn. It makes it more convenient for our fans to travel- which means more fans get to go. And the beautiful part of it is since the hotel is on MSU property MSU is going to get a LOT of the money from it. It's basically an extra BC donation for a lot of people. I'm assuming that we don't partner with Holiday Inn or Hilton or someone like that but I have no idea if that's the case or not.

And that's good for Starkville. You can walk to the Cotton District easily from that hotel. And you're right there in the middle of everything. Not to mention the balcony opportunities that may lead to new LFL like traditions. More people in Starkville mean more money for Starkville. And I think it may help with the traffic situation some because you know people are going to park there. Plus some of the people there will probably stay the night meaning less traffic as well.

But beyond that our fans can stay there during baseball regionals as well- which may help attendance there as well.

Then the big thing- I think this is good for recruiting. Remember Ole Miss and their hotel? We may be able to do some "networking"** of our own now. I do think it's good for recruiting because it's a place where they can stay on campus in a swanky hotel.

I agree w you that it's a great idea and most of the rest. But it's gonna cost way more than a Hilton I'm willing to bet my life on that.

deadheaddawg
04-11-2019, 10:16 PM
I do not see anyway Cohen survives this. Not connecting the hotel to the stadium will set us back 10 years. Fire Cohen now

Political Hack
04-11-2019, 10:25 PM
I do not see anyway Cohen survives this. Not connecting the hotel to the stadium will set us back 10 years. Fire Cohen now

Totally something LT would do.***

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2019, 10:27 PM
It will never be done in time. ***

BayouDawg
04-11-2019, 10:47 PM
We could make it look connected similar to what okie state did with their practice complex butting up to the stadium. It extends wide enough and it looks as if the concourse connects somewhat

KOdawg1
04-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Here's my 2 cents. Use a curved viaduct bridge to connect the hotel to the rest of the stadium. It could serve as an open concourse on both sides and would give the stadium the closed in feel many want. It just gives it a classic but unique look

Jarius
04-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Make the hotel big enough to connect from the east and west side and it's perfect. As is, it's still better than what we have. Still room for improvement on the original design though. Also like the balcony idea.

RocketDawg
04-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Make the hotel big enough to connect from the east and west side and it's perfect. As is, it's still better than what we have. Still room for improvement on the original design though. Also like the balcony idea.

It's really too bad that the east and west sides aren't symmetrical. Tying the hotel into the sides would be fairly straightforward if they were.

Jarius
04-12-2019, 08:18 AM
It's really too bad that the east and west sides aren't symmetrical. Tying the hotel into the sides would be fairly straightforward if they were.

Even if it does not line up perfectly with the stadium, I would try and at least eliminate the huge gaps between the hotel and the stadium. Seems like we could add some premium seating in-between the 2 since the only waiting list we have is for premium tickets.

Lord McBuckethead
04-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Guess my comment didn't make the cut.

Lord McBuckethead
04-12-2019, 09:42 AM
shit looks like a dorm. SWING AND A MISS BY WBA.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Rosebowl the Starkvillian laughs at y’all. Says that’s old news and not being considered by MSU.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Rosebowl the Starkvillian laughs at y?all. Says that?s old news and not being considered by MSU.

What'chu talkin 'bout Willis?

gtowndawg
04-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Rosebowl the Starkvillian laughs at y’all. Says that’s old news and not being considered by MSU.

Wait, what? Is he saying this is not being considered at all? If so, sixpack will look strange by making a big push about "IT" coming and then releasing this.

msbulldog
04-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Wait, what? Is he saying this is not being considered at all? If so, sixpack will look strange by making a big push about "IT" coming and then releasing this.

No he said those renderings were obsolete, new designs would come. His information came from an AD source. He also said this project was a long time off, as other projects like the Hump renovation had priority.
Go listen for yourself, the link to the podcast are in this article and it's open to the public:

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-spring-game-is-here-131137385/

msbulldog
04-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Oh and yes SPS is foolish in this.

Todd4State
04-12-2019, 05:59 PM
I agree w you that it's a great idea and most of the rest. But it's gonna cost way more than a Hilton I'm willing to bet my life on that.

I can believe it. I don't know how high end this hotel is going to be but there is no question that they can up the price especially on gameday weekends. I'm just taking a guess on what it will be like.

Totally something LT would do.***

If LT built it the roof would leak.

No he said those renderings were obsolete, new designs would come. His information came from an AD source. He also said this project was a long time off, as other projects like the Hump renovation had priority.
Go listen for yourself, the link to the podcast are in this article and it's open to the public:

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-spring-game-is-here-131137385/

This makes sense as the other end zone was completed in 2014 and baseball this year. It's basketball's turn now. I'm not sure how long it would take to renovate the Hump- a couple of years maybe? I could see the hotel being something 4-5 years down the road which to me really isn't that far off.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2019, 11:56 PM
is There any demand for luxury seating for basketball? I’m asking.

As for DWS, it seems to me the next big improvement would be to upgrade the west side to have suites and a new press box. Seems you would add the luxury seating there before anywhere else.

Then I hope they make the 10 key club into a full size keyboard in the NEZ.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2019, 11:59 PM
Things LT would do..... that could be a daily thread.

That damn chain link fence all over the east side is a vestige of LT ..... every game.

Todd4State
04-13-2019, 12:24 AM
is There any demand for luxury seating for basketball? I’m asking.

As for DWS, it seems to me the next big improvement would be to upgrade the west side to have suites and a new press box. Seems you would add the luxury seating there before anywhere else.

Then I hope they make the 10 key club into a full size keyboard in the NEZ.

I do think that we need to enclose the stadium with something. We can always add suites and renovate the press box as part of that phase if needed along with it.

Goldendawg
04-13-2019, 01:39 AM
Where will the "Trolley Cars" be located in the new plans?****