PDA

View Full Version : Some of the worst football you'll ever see is on ESPN right now.

messageboardsuperhero
10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Monday Night Football must pick matchups before the season, because this Giants-Vikings game is just awful. Nobody in their right mind would have chosen these teams; they are both terrible.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Picking games for Sunday and Monday nights preseason is ridiculous. Pick the first 4 games, then pick 4 more, etc

TheRef
10-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Monday Night Football must pick matchups before the season, because this Giants-Vikings game is just awful. Nobody in their right mind would have chosen these teams; they are both terrible.

They choose these matchups about 4 weeks before the pre-season if I remember correctly.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 09:55 PM
I see why the Bucs dropped Freeman. He is awful. Why can't 8-5 Tebow get a job again? There's about 40 QB's in the NFL right now that Tebow is better than.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM

The Florida/Tennessee game this year was total dog shit. Not sure which game is crappier

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Picking games for Sunday and Monday nights preseason is ridiculous. Pick the first 4 games, then pick 4 more, etc

The problem is that, due to hotel rooms, flights, etc. for fans, the day of the game pretty much has to stay status quo.

Sunday night football is awesome because they have flex scheduling that allows them to change the time of the game.

Ex. Lets say you had plane tickets to fly to Columbia, SC next weekend to watch MSU vs SC. You planned on flying in Friday night and out Sunday morning. However, today when they announced the 11:21 game time, they also said the game would be played on Sunday.

See the problem here? Changing time is fine, dates, not so much.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Atleast Peyton Hillis came to play. He was a HS volunteer RB coach 2 weeks ago. The Giants signed him because they've now lost their top 4 RB to injury.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 10:19 PM
How many people fly to away NFL games? Like .0001% compared to those that watch MNF. No excuse to have this shitty matchup on MNF I think.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:21 PM
How many people fly to away NFL games? Like .0001% compared to those that watch MNF. No excuse to have this shitty matchup on MNF I think.

You may have a solid point, but fans travel is probably the reason why it is like it is.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 10:22 PM
The problem is that, due to hotel rooms, flights, etc. for fans, the day of the game pretty much has to stay status quo.

Sunday night football is awesome because they have flex scheduling that allows them to change the time of the game.

Ex. Lets say you had plane tickets to fly to Columbia, SC next weekend to watch MSU vs SC. You planned on flying in Friday night and out Sunday morning. However, today when they announced the 11:21 game time, they also said the game would be played on Sunday.

See the problem here? Changing time is fine, dates, not so much.

I see your point.

quickstrike2
10-21-2013, 10:48 PM
One of the worst games I've seen in awhile.