PDA

View Full Version : Quay

Raytoraid83
10-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Word around campus is that he quit today. If true more bad momentum.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 09:14 PM
If true, that sucks.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 09:18 PM
What?

msstate7
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Delete

preachermatt83
10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
when you are obviously a wrecking force on the defensive line and you don't get half the playing time you deserve it will make you want to quit. If he were to transfer somewhere else we will get to see him be an all conference player.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
let's not get carried away with spinning this just yet. If it's just a campus rumor, could easily have been overblown. I can't see Dan letting him walk away easily, especially after he's been doing all the right things lately.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 09:24 PM
let's not get carried away with spinning this just yet. If it's just a campus rumor, could easily have been overblown. I can't see Dan letting him walk away easily, especially after he's been doing all the right things lately.

Exactly. The last thing we need is to be saying negative things about him. You never know if this is just a rumor.

preachermatt83

I agree.. it could be true but it's certainly the first ive heard of it.

ShotgunDawg
when you are obviously a wrecking force on the defensive line and you don't get half the playing time you deserve it will make you want to quit. If he were to transfer somewhere else we will get to see him be an all conference player.

This is a really unfair statement. Complain about our coaches all you want, but do you really think they don't want to win? I seriously doubt this would have anything to do with it, IF this is true.

preachermatt83
10-21-2013, 09:26 PM
This is a really unfair statement. Complain about our coaches all you want, but do you really think they don't want to win? I seriously doubt this would have anything to do with it, IF this is true.

so you are saying that our coaching staff has been flawless in their putting the right players in the right places this year? surely you can't be serious.

Behrdawg
10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
No. He didn't quit

Quaoarsking
10-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Nothing anywhere on Twitter or anywhere else on the Internet that I could find about it. OP constantly bashes MSU teams. Color me skeptical.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 09:51 PM
so you are saying that our coaching staff has been flawless in their putting the right players in the right places this year? surely you can't be serious.

There is a name for the type of argument style you are using here, but it's slipping my mind. I never said that the coaches have been flawless in putting the right players in the right places this year. That's ridiculous. What I am saying is that the coaches want to win and are probably playing the players that give them the best chance to do that. Do they make mistakes? Absolutely, but not enough to make a kid quit.

Can someone name the argument style he is using?

AlmostPositive
10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Straw man, maybe

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
sounds like he got upset. I think there's supposed to be some follow up discussions tomorrow, so "nothing to see here"
until at least tomorrow.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Straw man, maybe

Yes, he used the Straw Man fallacy. Textbook case.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
sounds like he got upset. I think there's supposed to be some follow up discussions tomorrow, so "nothing to see here"
until at least tomorrow.

What is the deal here?

Does he just not take coaching very well or what?

dawgM2
10-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Straw man, maybe

Definitely straw man, which is a red herring fallacy.

cheewgumm
10-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a 6 pack planted story.

Good joke number 2?

engie
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM
What is the deal here?

He's a very smart kid with deeply-seeded(probably lifelong) attitude issues -- you can see where potential arguments arise here...

Really hard to give "relentless effort" at times for something you have deciphered as dumb bullshit. Not saying that is what happened here at all -- because I've heard nothing -- but it has been an issue in the past.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 10:16 PM
He's a very smart kid with deeply-seeded(probably lifelong) attitude issues -- you can see where potential arguments arise here...

Really hard to give "relentless effort" at times for something you have deciphered as dumb bullshit. Not saying that is what happened here at all -- because I've heard nothing -- but it has been an issue in the past.

Quay makes good grades right?

Is he a smart ass? I never would have guessed, but that seems to be the case

Homedawg
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM

He might have the ability to be what u said, but he hasn't shown it. You earn playing time- u don't deserve playing time. There is still time for him to be a great player- but hes got to play better. You make it sound like we don't want to play him? That makes no sense. Turner is no different than any other coach, he's going to play the guys doing their jobs the best.

preachermatt83
10-21-2013, 10:24 PM
He might have the ability to be what u said, but he hasn't shown it. You earn playing time- u don't deserve playing time. There is still time for him to be a great player- but hes got to play better. You make it sound like we don't want to play him? That makes no sense. Turner is no different than any other coach, he's going to play the guys doing their jobs the best.

when given the opportunity he has been a force on the defensive line that Kaleb Eulls never has been or never will be. Period.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 10:26 PM
What is the deal here?

I don't know any of the details. just told that he was PO'd today and people should know more tomorrow. I have no clue where the staff is with any of this, if they're involved, or even know.

engie
10-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Quay makes good grades right?

Is he a smart ass? I never would have guessed, but that seems to be the case

I wouldn't consider him a smart ass. He's just prone to emotional outbursts at times.

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 01:35 AM
For some reason I claim bullshit on this. Even if he was pissed off he is a kid and as fans we really don't need to hear all the ebbs and flows of stuff like this unless it's permanent. Just my two cents.

the peeper
10-22-2013, 06:35 AM
"I don't need anger management, I just need for people to stop pissing me off damnit!"

I wouldn't consider him a smart ass. He's just prone to emotional outbursts at times.

Political Hack
10-22-2013, 07:16 AM
For some reason I claim bullshit on this. Even if he was pissed off he is a kid and as fans we really don't need to hear all the ebbs and flows of stuff like this unless it's permanent. Just my two cents.

I agree, but after it's out, it's out. just hope cooler heads prevail.

dawgoneyall
10-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Why did Slay ride the pine his first year.

Coach34
10-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Why did Slay ride the pine his first year.

because he was lost a good bit of the time- much like Cox this year

sandwolf
10-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Really hard to give "relentless effort" at times for something you have deciphered as dumb bullshit.

Hahaha well put. And to be fair, this is not unique to kids with bad attitudes.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
10-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Manager told me he left practice yesterday, and he hasn't been back.

BoomBoom
10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
because he was lost a good bit of the time- much like Cox this year

Then put him man on man. Absolutely a coaching failure.

It was probably because he hadnt "learned" to play 15 yards off his man.

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
It's the ebbs and flows man. We don't need to know this crap until he is officially off the team. This is probably something he has done often. I don't want to know this until it's official. It makes a lot of people make idiotic statements in the interim and only causes negative feelings about our team. Like I said keep this crap to yourself until it's official.

deltadawg99
10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Gene and Yancy are fighting in Morton right now to give him ride to either Starkville or Oxford.

FISHDAWG
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM
if the guy was really that good he would be playing more - like C Jones ....... there has to be a pretty good reason why we haven't seen more of him

Coach34
10-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Then put him man on man. Absolutely a coaching failure.

It was probably because he hadnt "learned" to play 15 yards off his man.

can't play man all the time

HancockCountyDog
10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I've watched Quay really closely extremely close this year and his motor is practically non existent.

He is simply a non factor. I know we all want him to turn into this wrecking ball, but there has been no evidence that he can do that at the collegiate level.

msstate7
10-22-2013, 02:04 PM
if the guy was really that good he would be playing more - like C Jones ....... there has to be a pretty good reason why we haven't seen more of him

Potential is all I see from him. I'd like to see quay meet his full potential and be a great player for us. That said, if he's half-stepping and being a quitter, good riddance. This team needs a purging IMO and if this starts it, so be it.

BankerDog
10-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Quay is still on the team and is suspended for the game on Thursday. I can't say why, but he is still on the team. I would be pissed if I was just as productive as Jones or Eulls in limited snaps. Quay plays with a fire when he is in there; watch him. Him and Jones together demand two double teams. Thing is, he never has had to take coaching. Not once did he participate in spring practice at Morton.

MarketingBully01
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
See, he did not quit the team but I kind of figured he was suspended for Kentucky. Coach Turner is a great teacher of technique. If they could get out of their own way and put it in their minds that these coaches are doing what is best for them they could play three years and get to the NFL and make millions. Seems like a small price to pay to be a millionaire.

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Quay is still on the team and is suspended for the game on Thursday. I can't say why, but he is still on the team. I would be pissed if I was just as productive as Jones or Eulls in limited snaps. Quay plays with a fire when he is in there; watch him. Him and Jones together demand two double teams. Thing is, he never has had to take coaching. Not once did he participate in spring practice at Morton.

exactly

hells bells
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
exactly

Have spoke with several folks in Morton that know Q.E. They never have said a bad word about him as a person, but this situation currently could be the issue, ie discipline on the field. Will be back in Morton soon and get more info. Agree, let Turner get hands on with him.

Homedawg
10-22-2013, 09:12 PM

I'm clearly watching a different guy than you are. Sorry just disagree. If u think he's as big a factor as Jones well......I don't know what to say
Eta, if u are referring to pj then I'll buy that. So I recant that if thats what u meant. Forgot he was jones too.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2013, 06:30 AM
See, he did not quit the team but I kind of figured he was suspended for Kentucky. Coach Turner is a great teacher of technique. If they could get out of their own way and put it in their minds that these coaches are doing what is best for them they could play three years and get to the NFL and make millions. Seems like a small price to pay to be a millionaire.

^^^This^^^

DownwardDawg
10-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm clearly watching a different guy than you are. Sorry just disagree. If u think he's as big a factor as Jones well......I don't know what to say
Eta, if u are referring to pj then I'll buy that. So I recant that if thats what u meant. Forgot he was jones too.

I agree. He's comparible with PJ Jones, not Chris Jones. Chris Jones is a beast and plays like his hair is on fire. I don't see any of that with Quay.

BankerDog
10-23-2013, 09:50 AM
I meant PJ Jones. I love watching Chris. He's good and knows it, but plays like he's out to prove everyone

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Have spoke with several folks in Morton that know Q.E. They never have said a bad word about him as a person, but this situation currently could be the issue, ie discipline on the field. Will be back in Morton soon and get more info. Agree, let Turner get hands on with him.

I know quay a little. Spent time with him a good bit in social settings. He is a really really nice guy. He is very intelligent and curteous.

Im not sure where the disconnect comes in football. All i know is when he is in there, he is usally in the backfield in less than .25 seconds.

msstate7
10-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I know quay a little. Spent time with him a good bit in social settings. He is a really really nice guy. He is very intelligent and curteous.

Im not sure where the disconnect comes in football. All i know is when he is in there, he is usally in the backfield in less than .25 seconds.

The problem seems to be he isn't willing to do the things to get himself into the game.

engie
10-23-2013, 12:11 PM
The problem seems to be he isn't willing to do the things to get himself into the game.

Meanwhile, Freeze is putting a WR recruit with zero CB experience, Derrick Jones, out at CB and man-up on Mike Evans. Where he then basically takes him out of the game and holds him to his season low in yards while keeping him out of the endzone.

I'm sick of not seeing our best players on the field regardless.