PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's UT SECN+ broadcast...

Skydawg1
04-09-2019, 07:39 PM
has TONS of different camera angles and views. Not just the Press Box and Center Field shots. That is bullshit and Stankey needs to look into this. They're not even playing anybody worth a damn tonight...but for the big SEC series...lets minimize review chances!!

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-09-2019, 08:18 PM
If I remember right, our Friday night game was normal in terms on camera angles, quality, the scoreboard on the screen, etc. Was their spring game this weekend? The only thing I could come up with is they were committing their tv resources elsewhere Saturday and Sunday.

RocketDawg
04-09-2019, 08:23 PM
If I remember right, our Friday night game was normal in terms on camera angles, quality, the scoreboard on the screen, etc. Was their spring game this weekend? The only thing I could come up with is they were committing their tv resources elsewhere Saturday and Sunday.

That's what I remember being the case also. It was their equivalent of SBW so their resources were stretched thin. Saturday and Sunday baseball drew the short straw, and the TV broadcast got the radio announcers (terrible ... they need new ones) and minimal cameras because they were being used elsewhere. I doubt we have that issue this weekend though since baseball is one of our prime events.

Tbonewannabe
04-09-2019, 08:30 PM
There was something on campus on Sunday that people were going into the basketball arena. We just drove around campus before the baseball game and there were people parking around the football field and they were charging $10 to park. FYI, baseball has its own gravel lot behind the scoreboard that is free. We were sure either Tanner or Rowdey had hit our car with a HR ball.

Skydawg1
04-09-2019, 09:45 PM
If I remember right, our Friday night game was normal in terms on camera angles, quality, the scoreboard on the screen, etc. Was their spring game this weekend? The only thing I could come up with is they were committing their tv resources elsewhere Saturday and Sunday.Friday looked normal, went back and looked. LSU lost to SouthernU tonight..hahaha

yjnkdawg
04-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Friday night looked like a normal SEC+ broadcast. Their spring game is this weekend. The TN softball games on campus looked like normal SEC+ broadcasts. It was said by the announcers on Saturday and Sunday, that the baseball games were TN Baseball broadcasts, and nothing mentioned about the SEC. I think they also mentioned it was a Learfield (or something similar) production. So actually on the Saturday and Sunday broadcasts, it seems like the only connection to SEC+ is the broadcasts were on the ESPN App and TN and us are SEC teams. You have to have experienced and knowledgeable camera people for those questionable calls, on those different camera speeds and angles. I happened to look at a few minutes of the Clemson baseball game last night, because it was listed as USM and Mississippi (lol). It was a Learfied (or something similar) production, and it had the same no frills video as the TN Saturday, and Sunday games

yjnkdawg
04-10-2019, 10:24 AM
That's what I remember being the case also. It was their equivalent of SBW so their resources were stretched thin. Saturday and Sunday baseball drew the short straw, and the TV broadcast got the radio announcers (terrible ... they need new ones) and minimal cameras because they were being used elsewhere. I doubt we have that issue this weekend though since baseball is one of our prime events.

I checked out the TN softball game and it looked like a normal SEC+ broadcast. I think they are ranked 7th or so nationally.