PDA

View Full Version : scenerio.. just for fun..

preachermatt83
10-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I am just curious as to where everyone stands. I know that there are many who want dan fired and many who want to let the season play out and then there are others who don't want him fired regardless, so here are some scenarios

1. we go 3-9 and lose egg bowl

2. we go 4-8 and lose egg bowl

3.we go 5-7 and lose egg bowl

4.we go 5-7 and win egg bowl

5.we go 6-6 and win egg bowl

6.we go 7-5 or better with egg bowl win

ok now fill out your opinion like this below..l.

1. fire dan

2. fire dan

3. fire dan

4. fire dan

5. keep dan

6. keep dan

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
1-2, he's gone.

3, he's likely gone.

4, toss up.

5-6, he's safe.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 08:01 AM
1 - gone

2, 3 - keep reluctantly but better win 8 + bowl next year including a signature win

4-6 - never fire a coach that wins the Egg bowl

Barking 13
10-22-2013, 08:05 AM
1-3 out
4 - maybe
5-6 safe

Dawgfan77
10-22-2013, 08:35 AM
What about 6-6 and he jumps to UVA minn or GT?

Jack Lambert
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM
you can have all the fun you want he is here next year.

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
you can have all the fun you want he is here next year.

sadly I tend to believe you are correct but over the last 10 days rumblings among some of the big boys are getting louder.

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM

this WILL NOT happen. I wish but it won't.

Coach34
10-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Mullen is not going to willingly leave 2.6MM, 16 starters returning, and a QB like Dakota

preachermatt83
10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Mullen is not going to willingly leave 2.6MM, 16 starters returning, and a QB like Dakota

correct

Quaoarsking
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 - Dan stays.

coastdoglover
10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Keep him one more year and go ahead and get rid of Striklin and hire a real AD and not a marketing guy. God forbid if he has to hire a football coach.

Coach34
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
1. we go 3-9 and lose egg bowl- Strick and Keenum call Dan in and say "Coach it's you or us- we choose you. They have your buyout together already"

2. we go 4-8 and lose egg bowl- We'll see what kind of nuts Keenum and Strick have- cause they wont want to pull the trigger.

3.we go 5-7 and lose egg bowl- same as #2

4.we go 5-7 and win egg bowl- Dan stays

5.we go 6-6 and win egg bowl- Dan stays

6.we go 7-5 or better with egg bowl win- Dan stays and gets another extention

Coach34
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Keep him one more year and go ahead and get rid of Striklin and hire a real AD and not a marketing guy. God forbid if he has to hire a football coach.

How ya been Dad?

J-Dawg
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
1. Gone
2. Gone
3. Toss Up
4. Stay, but seat extremely hot.
5. Stay
6. Are we serious?

smootness
10-23-2013, 09:45 AM

A real AD? Good grief, why do our fans hate everything we do?

Stricklin is a good AD.

engie
10-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Stricklin is a good AD.

The guy you are responding to "broke" the Rick Ray thing a few hours before anyone else knew. He was as connected to our basketball program and search as anyone out there. While a bunch of us have had a bunch of disagreements with him in the past(mainly in the Stans debate), he's as personally connected with our cigar boys and big booster structure as ANYBODY on here -- and sees the inner workings of what is going on behind the scenes to a level that you can't read about on the message boards.

How about we ask him why he feels that way about Strick instead of calling out the opinion -- and see how much he's willing to tell us? Because I'm honestly surprised that he doesn't like him -- and IF he doesn't, you can bet he's not alone in the sentiment among the people that actually make decisions at MSU...

MadDawg
10-23-2013, 10:24 AM
1 - 6 Keep Dan

smootness
10-23-2013, 10:28 AM
That's fine. I'll go ahead and ask then; coastdoglover, why don't you like Stricklin?

That said, I've already been informed that the cigar boys didn't get their way in the Ray hire, so it wouldn't shock me if they aren't huge fans of Stricklin. I actually like that trait in an AD.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 10:40 AM
That said, I've already been informed that the cigar boys didn't get their way in the Ray hire, so it wouldn't shock me if they aren't huge fans of Stricklin. I actually like that trait in an AD.

It's no fun if you dont call him Dawggeezer

Your point there is what leads me to believe that Mullen will be here next season unless he loses out. Keenum and Strick are happy with the program for the most part right now so I hear.

smootness
10-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Your point there is what leads me to believe that Mullen will be here next season unless he loses out. Keenum and Strick are happy with the program for the most part right now so I hear.

And I'm ok that they are. The general direction of the program is still positive; there are some recent issues that have popped up that need to be addressed, but this is in no way the kind of situation that should have the entire fanbase calling for the coach to go.

I think the main 2 things driving this are fear that Freeze is going to fly past us, and fear that we will miss out on Hudspeth. A lot of our fanbase has made the decision that Hudspeth is the guy who would be able to challenge Freeze and that Mullen is now lost.

I disagree with that at this point. I think Mullen is a very good coach, and I think Freeze will lose some steam within the next couple of years. But I don't think it's a completely absurd notion; I would be ok with Hudspeth as our coach, but again, I do think the program is still in good hands.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-23-2013, 10:53 AM
And I'm ok that they are. The general direction of the program is still positive; there are some recent issues that have popped up that need to be addressed, but this is in no way the kind of situation that should have the entire fanbase calling for the coach to go.

I think the main 2 things driving this are fear that Freeze is going to fly past us, and fear that we will miss out on Hudspeth. A lot of our fanbase has made the decision that Hudspeth is the guy who would be able to challenge Freeze and that Mullen is now lost.

I disagree with that at this point. I think Mullen is a very good coach, and I think Freeze will lose some steam within the next couple of years. But I don't think it's a completely absurd notion; I would be ok with Hudspeth as our coach, but again, I do think the program is still in good hands.

For me it's not so much fear of Freeze or fear of missing out on Hud. It's just that I don't like what I am seeing on the field or with recruiting. Granted the bad recruiting is in part to how well Freeze and his staff are recruiting. We seem to be regressing slightly instead of getting better.

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 10:56 AM

This^

smootness
10-23-2013, 10:56 AM
I really don't think we're regressing in our recruiting.

This year won't be quite as good as the last couple, so I get what you're saying, but that's always going to happen sometimes, and this year was going to be a lighter year.

We're still doing well in-state, and next year should be a very good year in MS. We'll see how that shakes out...Patterson, Dear, Adams, Washington, and several others are all very good prospects and we have a pretty good shot at a lot of them. If Ole Miss takes the majority of those guys next year, then we'll have a problem. But I think we'll have a very good class in 2015.

Big4Dawg
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
I really don't think we're regressing in our recruiting.

This year won't be quite as good as the last couple, so I get what you're saying, but that's always going to happen sometimes, and this year was going to be a lighter year.

We're still doing well in-state, and next year should be a very good year in MS. We'll see how that shakes out...Patterson, Dear, Adams, Washington, and several others are all very good prospects and we have a pretty good shot at a lot of them. If Ole Miss takes the majority of those guys next year, then we'll have a problem. But I think we'll have a very good class in 2015.

Next year doesn't look much better. OM 'leads' for majority of them.

1) Dear - OM. Said OM is recruiting him the hardest
2) Peters - LSU or OM.
3) Patterson - OM
4) Adams - State
5) Hibbler - Committed to OM
6) Jones - OM
7) Spivery - OM (Bay Springs is all you need to know)
8) Washington - State
9) Sullivan - ???
10) J'Mar Smith - ???

Coach34
10-23-2013, 11:19 AM
We should find out alot in these next 6 games- no excuse for us to lose to Kentucky or UPig- and we have to win the Egg Bowl on our field. Anything less and this is a very disappointing season. I'd also like to see us play well vs SC and A&M- those shouldnt be blowout types

Dawgface
10-23-2013, 11:22 AM
1-2 fire Dan. 3 reluctantly keep him. Keeper on the rest.

engie
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
For me it's not so much fear of Freeze or fear of missing out on Hud. It's just that I don't like what I am seeing on the field or with recruiting. Granted the bad recruiting is in part to how well Freeze and his staff are recruiting. We seem to be regressing slightly instead of getting better.

Yep...Some of our fans have to be in a full on depression before they admit there has even been a recession.

We haven't been a "good team" since Carmon and Tobias went down in the Auburn/LSU games of 2011. We've been better than bad -- but we haven't been good.

Raytoraid83
10-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Stricklin is a good AD.

What has Stricklin done that makes you think he is such a good ad? Brought back cowbells, gave us a couple alternate uniforms?