fewest Sac flies Allowed- tied for SEC lead
fewest hits allowed- 3rd in the SEC

We are having a damn good season

dawgoneyall
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
OK where did you get this info

FlabLoser
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Wet blanket post: We're in a 4-way tie for 4th after posting 2nd & third place hitting stans and best to mostly 2nd place stats in pitching.

msstate7
04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Wet blanket post: We're in a 4-way tie for 4th after posting 2nd & third place hitting stans and best to mostly 2nd place stats in pitching.

Baserunning, costly errors, etc

mic
04-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Hitting:

Average- 3rd in the SEC
On-base percentage- 3rd in the SEC
Slugging- 4th in the SEC
Runs scored- 3rd in the SEC
RBI's- 3rd in the SEC
Doubles- 4th in the SEC
HR's - 3rd in the SEC
Walks-3rd in the SEC
Stolen bases- 4th in the SEC

Pitching:

ERA- 2nd in the SEC
Opp BA- 3rd in the SEC
Strike Outs- Leads SEC
Strike out Looking- Leads SEC
Saves- 2nd in the SEC
fewest Sac bunts allowed- tied for 2nd in the SEC
fewest Sac flies Allowed- tied for SEC lead
fewest hits allowed- 3rd in the SEC

We are having a damn good season

Quality info..

Coach34
04-14-2013, 09:04 PM
OK where did you get this info

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/Baseball/2013/lgsumm.htm

Coach34
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM

thats because we have played the toughest SEC schedule to date

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2013, 09:12 PM
We've already won 30 games, and there's still more than a month left to play. Odds are pretty good we'll end up with 40 wins. If you had told any of us we'd likely win 40 this year, everyone would've taken it in a heartbeat. Instead we're finding crazy shit to bitch about. I'll be the first to say Cohen overmanages. And his ridiculous obsession with matchups and inability to put our 9 best hitters into the same lineup at the same time drives me crazy, too. But it's hard to bitch when you're in the hunt for 40 wins in the toughest baseball conference in America.

CadaverDawg
04-14-2013, 09:17 PM
We've already won 30 games, and there's still more than a month left to play. Odds are pretty good we'll end up with 40 wins. If you had told any of us we'd likely win 40 this year, everyone would've taken it in a heartbeat. Instead we're finding crazy shit to bitch about. I'll be the first to say Cohen overmanages. And his ridiculous obsession with matchups and inability to put our 9 best hitters into the same lineup at the same time drives me crazy, too. But it's hard to bitch when you're in the hunt for 40 wins in the toughest baseball conference in America.

It's scary how often I agree with you, but this is my thoughts exactly. I had to look and make sure I didn't write that post before responding to it.*

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Haha, the feeling is mutual, Cadaver.

engie
04-14-2013, 10:57 PM

Exactly.

I find positives in the headscratchers that Cohen makes as a coach. If he's this good now -- and has put together a team that is this good with only one class on campus that was signed after a winning campaign, how good CAN he be -- and how good CAN he make us? Coaches evolve over time. As long as I'm convinced that he wants to win more than any of the rest of us, I'm convinced he will learn from his mistakes over time. We've already seen him being to change his bunting philosophy, etc...

People seem to ignore the fact that almost all the players that are carrying this team came to Starkville to a dumpster fire program, with a divided and largely complacent baseball fanbase, to play for a controversial coach that was certainly not guaranteed imminent success at the time. Now that things are rolling, recruiting is going to get better and better, more and more people are going to come back to games, and our ceiling will get higher and higher.