PDA

View Full Version : Firestick fixed

basedog
04-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Ok you computer nerds or no nerds. I finally fixed my problem, I went to my computer signed out of directv then signed back in and BOOM, I'm able to get my ESPNwatch app to work for my firestick.

So for all you nerds telling me to go buy another one, stay off my lawn*** LMBO

I called everyone, Firestick, Directv, Espn and at&t, no one told me to sign off on my account and log back in, go figure? Most said to reset password or unplug firestick.

Just saying.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Cool story bro. Next time we will expect you to just expect you to fix all your problems yourself.

basedog
04-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Cool story bro. Next time we will expect you to just expect you to fix all your problems yourself.

Well I did and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, I suggest many to do the same, LMBO!

Lord McBuckethead
04-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Hell I figured you started with that since it was the too obvious fix prior to starting multiple threads about it and the Roku. Congrats on doing literally the 1st thing you should have thought of.

sleepy dawg
04-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Ok you computer nerds or no nerds. I finally fixed my problem, I went to my computer signed out of directv then signed back in and BOOM, I'm able to get my ESPNwatch app to work for my firestick.

So for all you nerds telling me to go buy another one, stay off my lawn*** LMBO

I called everyone, Firestick, Directv, Espn and at&t, no one told me to sign off on my account and log back in, go figure? Most said to reset password or unplug firestick.

Just saying.

If you reset your password, wouldn't you have had to sign out and back in? Also, it seems hard to believe that that was the issue. I'm sure it was something else you were doing wrong.

basedog
04-08-2019, 05:54 PM
If you reset your password, wouldn't you have had to sign out and back in? Also, it seems hard to believe that that was the issue. I'm sure it was something else you were doing wrong.

What I didn't do was log off on my computer with directv. I would log out on my firestick then would click log in.
I tried to watch our game on my computer, wouldn't let me go to espnwatch, that's when I logged out then back in. So I turned on my firestick and it worked. i did everything from the firestick before, yes Dumb not thinking of logging out from my computer but neither did any service tell me that either.

All is good now, mistakes were made but I melt but survived. LOL.

Btw, I could get espnwatch from my phone and iPad.

Leroy Jenkins
04-09-2019, 07:27 AM
"Have you tried turning it off and turning it in again."

basedog
04-09-2019, 09:02 AM
"Have you tried turning it off and turning it in again."

I did that, I tried everything! My problem was trying to get a new password, I was doing it with my phone or Ipad, it didn't recognize my password I entered from both. So finally I get on my computer and log off Directv account and log back in and it worked.

Weird to me I could get Espnwatch on my phone and ipad but not on my firestick which I was signed onto.

fishwater99
04-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Had similar problem, just signed out of ESPN app on firestick and back in and all was well.

yjnkdawg
04-11-2019, 09:29 AM
I think I finally discovered why my ROKU Ultra was still having video issues on the ESPN App. My TV is not 4K, and apparently it could not process the high bit rate that ROKU wanted it too on certain video material on the App, so it would apparently hesitate and then the video would be choppy. I changed the bit rate to a lower number and it works and I still get the 1080P Full HDTV video . I still have an old Sony SXRD big screen Rear Projection HDTV, but it has one of the best natural pictures, that I have seen, after I calibrated it several years, with the exception of the 4K models. The Roku Fire Stick works fine after ROKU solved their video issue. It was a ROKU issue.

basedog
04-11-2019, 09:32 AM
I Finally discovered why my ROKU Ultra was still having video issues. My TV is not 4K, and apparently it could not process the high bit rate that ROKU wanted it too on certain video material so it would hesitate and then the video would be choppy. I changed the bit rate to a lower number and it works and I still get the 1080P Full HDTV video . I still have an old Sony SXRD big screen Rear Projection HDTV, but has one of the best natural pictures, that I have seen, after I calibrated it several years, with the exception of the 4K models. The Roku Fire Stick works fine after ROKU solving their video issue. It was a ROKU issue.

We should go into Firestick problem solving issues business***

It was great watching the game last night on my Firestick again.

yjnkdawg
04-11-2019, 09:45 AM

LOL Yeah, I could use a little extra money, but ROKU didn't even pay me for sending them info, and then me submitting additional info that they requested, in supposedly helping them in their investigation of the choppy video on the ESPN App that had been a problem with ROKU devices, since sometimes around the LSU series. I had the sign in problem earlier in the year, but that was a UVerse problem from what i understand. Yeah I'm glad that we can watch a game with you being able to log in again, and me not get a headache from watching it.

basedog
04-11-2019, 10:04 AM
My problem was Directv, I re-negotiated my contract with them and I think for whatever reason it messed up my password for my Firestick although I could watch espn app from my phone and Ipad.

yjnkdawg
04-11-2019, 05:09 PM

LOL I just realized I called the ROKU Streaming Stick a ROKU Fire Stick. I need to learn the difference between the two, before I try to do any type of device problem solving. :D

basedog
04-11-2019, 05:11 PM
LOL I just realized I called the ROKU Streaming Stick a ROKU Fire Stick. I need to learn the difference between the two, before I try to do any type of device problem solving. :D

I have skills I can "coach you up"*** Keep your head up and don't believe everything you read on ED especially from...…

LMBO

shannondawg
04-11-2019, 05:11 PM
I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

I have to use Hughes satellite for my internet, and it's almost unusable to stream the games at night. I use Verizon for my cell phone, and try to hook it up with my tv thru the hotspot, but its hit or miss..

Would a Firestick or Ruku help me?

I just had to quit watching the game last night. Help please.

RocketDawg
04-11-2019, 06:51 PM

I have to use Hughes satellite for my internet, and it's almost unusable to stream the games at night. I use Verizon for my cell phone, and try to hook it up with my tv thru the hotspot, but its hit or miss..

Roku recommends a speed of 3 mbps for standard definition and 9 mbps for high def (which our ballgames are in). I don't know what Hughes Net gives you, but you can check at speedtest.net.

basedog
04-11-2019, 07:24 PM

How do you watch the games now? Firestick and Roku are based off your internet speed.

shannondawg
04-12-2019, 08:16 AM
How do you watch the games now? Firestick and Roku are based off your internet speed.

Daytime I can watch games with the Hughes , night time its difficult, and try to hook up my verizon cell service , but don't know why its difficult to hook up with tv.

You got one thing done, and now a tech expert? Like a farmer that's made one crop and knows it all? lol

shannondawg
04-12-2019, 09:01 AM
I went to one of those tech sites joined for $5 to talk to expert, some idiot name babu wanted to connect to my iMac charge me $40, which has nothing to do with the phone or tv. I've blown 5 bucks on more idiotic things.

i just tried to connect to tv and it connected almost immediately. wfk.

I wanted to ask Babu if he knew Seinfeld?

basedog
04-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Daytime I can watch games with the Hughes , night time its difficult, and try to hook up my verizon cell service , but don't know why its difficult to hook up with tv.

You got one thing done, and now a tech expert? Like a farmer that's made one crop and knows it all? lol

Well u should stay at a Holiday Inn Express**

ED is full of experts, just ask it’s free*