PDA

View Full Version : Since Ari or someone locked the game thread for some reason

Todd4State
04-07-2019, 04:36 PM
There's a difference between wanting a player to sit out a game or two when he is struggling which is what most people wanted and sitting him out for the year entirely.

I wanted him to sit out a game or two. Eventually the coaches did that and when he came back he started to play and hit better. That happens to all baseball players from time to time.

KOdawg1
04-07-2019, 04:47 PM
I also said Rowdey should sit a game or two to kind of reset and restart. He did and it worked. I don't think anyone was calling for him to be permanently benched so the only people looking ridiculous are those who post something stupid and lock a thread so no one can respond.

Todd4State
04-07-2019, 04:49 PM
There's too much "I'm right and you're wrong" on message boards. Although I think this one is still better in general.

MetEdDawg
04-07-2019, 04:56 PM
There's too much "I'm right and you're wrong" on message boards. Although I think this one is still better in general.

The problem right now is that those of us that actually understand baseball said he needed a game or 2 to sit. Those that don't and only watch baseball a couple times went way overboard to try and make us look dumb. But guess what happened? He sat a couple games and now he's playing significantly better.

I said it when we started this conversation and I'll say it again. Our fan base as a whole doesn't know as much baseball as it thinks it does. We have a rich baseball history, so people inflate their knowledge to fit that history. Bunch of folks that played on high school baseball teams, but very few coaches of the game at a level above rec ball. Most people who said Rowdey shouldn't sit hadn't physically watched him but once or twice. It was obvious he needed to sit. He did. Now he's playing better.

But anyone saying something about those of us wanting Rowdey to sit longer than a game or 2 are just hurt they were wrong. I don't remember anyone saying bench him permanently. As a matter of fact, we all went out of our way to say specifically we didn't want him benched but one or two games.

Todd4State
04-07-2019, 05:11 PM
The problem right now is that those of us that actually understand baseball said he needed a game or 2 to sit. Those that don't and only watch baseball a couple times went way overboard to try and make us look dumb. But guess what happened? He sat a couple games and now he's playing significantly better.

I said it when we started this conversation and I'll say it again. Our fan base as a whole doesn't know as much baseball as it thinks it does. We have a rich baseball history, so people inflate their knowledge to fit that history. Bunch of folks that played on high school baseball teams, but very few coaches of the game at a level above rec ball. Most people who said Rowdey shouldn't sit hadn't physically watched him but once or twice. It was obvious he needed to sit. He did. Now he's playing better.

But anyone saying something about those of us wanting Rowdey to sit longer than a game or 2 are just hurt they were wrong. I don't remember anyone saying bench him permanently. As a matter of fact, we all went out of our way to say specifically we didn't want him benched but one or two games.

You're exactly right.

No one wants to watch our players struggle. Most want what is best for them since that is what is best for MSU.