PDA

View Full Version : Positive from today

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 10:17 PM
If Ginn is healthy going forward, and Plumlee can give us anything close to today on Sundays going forward.....we will be hell to deal with.

That being said, I will be really nervous if I don't see Ginn trot out to the mound tomorrow. Where's my man commercecomet with an update?

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 10:19 PM
I agree.

Not Commerce but Lemonis did say that the issue with JT was minor.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 10:25 PM
I agree.

Not Commerce but Lemonis did say that the issue with JT was minor.

That's good to hear. I'm really excited about Plumlee's outing. Getting 4-5+ on Sundays from him would do wonders for this team

Todd4State
04-07-2019, 12:03 AM
That's good to hear. I'm really excited about Plumlee's outing. Getting 4-5+ on Sundays from him would do wonders for this team

Absolutely. For us to have a chance at the things we want we need SOMEBODY to step up. It's really hard to ask freshmen like Ginn, Cerentola, and Christian MacLeoud (redshirting due to illness but is going to spend this summer in the Cape) to carry a team. If he can step up it allows us to not have to use an opener or do unconventional things with the staff. It means we can use Gordon and Keegan essentially as relief aces and not overexpose anyone. Not to mention Barlow who has been lights out as well. I'm really encouraged by how Colby White, Jack Eagan, and Jared Leibelt pitched this weekend as well. All have struggled in SEC play so far. Today was actually the first time that White made a SEC appearance and didn't allow a run. It also lessens the importance of Cerentola needing to emerge as a weapon by the postseason.

We won't always struggle with this offense and Plumlee learned a lesson today about making sure time out is called the hard way. Of our six losses- three are by one run and then one by two runs.

I didn't really dig the lineup today. He wants Rowdey to hit second. But this year I think he is better in the 8th/9th spot. I'd like to see him hit MacNamee second. Highest OBP on the team and is good with the bat in his hand.

1. Mangum
2. MacNamee
3. Westburg
4. Foscue
5. Skelton
6. Cumbest
7. Landon Jordan/Gilbert
8. Hatcher
9. Rowdey

Have Tanner Allen come off of the bench.

Commercecomet24
04-07-2019, 12:56 AM
JT got a little sore arm. Should be fine but they're playing it safe. He's never had a sore arm before so everyone just being cautious. Won't know until he tries to throw tomorrow if he's ready or not.

AlSwearengen
04-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Commerce, I know you mentioned he was working on a change up and I have seen a couple from him, but I also think I have seen him throw a couple of cutters at times. Do you know if this is correct? If he is trying new things, this could possibly cause some minor soreness. Similar to new exercises when working out.

This is obviously pure speculation on my part, just throwing it out there.

basedog
04-07-2019, 10:39 AM
JT got a little sore arm. Should be fine but they're playing it safe. He's never had a sore arm before so everyone just being cautious. Won't know until he tries to throw tomorrow if he's ready or not.

Man I just hate hearing of a "little sore arm". Hope he recovers, it's never good for a pitcher to have any kind of arm troubles. Kids today just throw to dang much all year while still growing. Yes I'm old school, take a break for a few months, talent doesn't disappear.

If he was my son or grandson I'd be more than concerned. I wonder if his Dad help make this decision.

Commercecomet24
04-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Commerce, I know you mentioned he was working on a change up and I have seen a couple from him, but I also think I have seen him throw a couple of cutters at times. Do you know if this is correct? If he is trying new things, this could possibly cause some minor soreness. Similar to new exercises when working out.

This is obviously pure speculation on my part, just throwing it out there.

Good question. He's not working on a cutter. 2 seam, slider and he's working the change in. He has a never thrown a ton of innings during a year so this may just be a little fatigue from getting stretched out a little more this year. They're playing it safe and don't seem to think it's anything serious.

msbulldog
04-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Thanks CC! i have to spread it around!

Commercecomet24
04-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Man I just hate hearing of a "little sore arm". Hope he recovers, it's never good for a pitcher to have any kind of arm troubles. Kids today just throw to dang much all year while still growing. Yes I'm old school, take a break for a few months, talent doesn't disappear.

If he was my son or grandson I'd be more than concerned. I wonder if his Dad help make this decision.

That's one thing about JT, Mike has made sure he hasn't been overworked or played all year. They've monitored his work closely. This is the first time he's had this many games as a starter and its probably just a little arm fatigue more than anything and they're being very cautious. First time he's ever had a sore arm. We need him for the stretch run for sure.

basedog
04-07-2019, 12:03 PM
That's one thing about JT, Mike has made sure he hasn't been overworked or played all year. They've monitored his work closely. This is the first time he's had this many games as a starter and its probably just a little arm fatigue more than anything and they're being very cautious. First time he's ever had a sore arm. We need him for the stretch run for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I have heard his Dad was involved. I worry bout so many Travel Team games for many pitchers especially one that will pitch for MSU.

Hopefully we can score a ton of runs and rest JT.

Man we are due a breakout hitting game.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Good question. He's not working on a cutter. 2 seam, slider and he's working the change in. He has a never thrown a ton of innings during a year so this may just be a little fatigue from getting stretched out a little more this year. They're playing it safe and don't seem to think it's anything serious.

He didnt throw near as many innings as he could at Brandon bc of the US national team or something if I remember right