PDA

View Full Version : For those who debated whether or not we had Final Four talent.... Auburn barely

RougeDawg
04-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Missed National championship game. Wow. What an ending.

Pretty sure we beat them during regular season. Just pointing out that we had the talent. We did not have the team.

Liverpooldawg
04-06-2019, 07:14 PM
We didn't have Final Four Talent. Neither did Auburn. Somebody went down to the Crossroads to get them this far.

SailingDawg
04-06-2019, 07:18 PM
I'm not saying it was a bad call...but do you call that at the end of the game?

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 07:20 PM

Anyone other than Auburn and I would feel bad for them.

Homedawg
04-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Because it was an obvious foul. That's how.

Liverpooldawg
04-06-2019, 07:26 PM

It was absolutely a correct call. He fouled him with his body and it absolutely afftected the shot. Had it not been called the game would have been giftwrapped to Auburn. Hats off to the ref for making the call. That gets called every time in the first 35 minutes. If you don't call it there it makes a mockery of the rules of he game.

Skydawg1
04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
We beat 'em in Starkville and they beat us by 5 in Auburn.

RocketDawg
04-06-2019, 07:29 PM
It was absolutely a correct call. He fouled him with his body and it absolutely afftected the shot. Had it not been called the game would have been giftwrapped to Auburn. Hats off to the ref for making the call. That gets called evertime in the first 35 minutes. If you don't call it there it makes a mockery of the rules of he game.

It was the right call, but I can't believe the Auburn guy did it. He should have known better. They had the game won.

Ari Gold
04-06-2019, 08:15 PM
They were better at every position than we were beside Q
And with the bench players we weren’t even close to them

The one thing that has been impressive over the last month was the defense they were playing
Kids bought in

R2Dawg
04-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Missed National championship game. Wow. What an ending.

Pretty sure we beat them during regular season. Just pointing out that we had the talent. We did not have the team.

Yes we had Final 4 talent but if anyone has watched March Madness for any length of time it takes more than talent. It takes chemistry, team, getting hot, Remember NCState83, Villanova 85, MSU 96, George Mason, etc. Talent is only one piece of equation.

For the call. It was the correct call as shooter was undercut and fouled. Aub fault, just can't do it.

RougeDawg
04-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Yes we had Final 4 talent but if anyone has watched March Madness for any length of time it takes more than talent. It takes chemistry, team, getting hot, Remember NCState83, Villanova 85, MSU 96, George Mason, etc. Talent is only one piece of equation.

For the call. It was the correct call as shooter was undercut and fouled. Aub fault, just can't do it.

Watching most of the teams in the tournament, they play hard with effort. Something we hardly ever did all season. We played with a nonchalant attitude most of the season and still were a 5 seed.

Ari Gold
04-06-2019, 09:19 PM

No we didn’t.
After Nick was suspended we for sure didn’t.

Liverpooldawg
04-06-2019, 09:52 PM
It was the right call, but I can't believe the Auburn guy did it. He should have known better. They had the game won.

Yep.

Lord McBuckethead
04-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Had the game won, unless he drsins that. He slid under for a reason. It worked. But then he got called.