VandelayIndustries
04-06-2019, 07:48 PM
what a loss , brutal

Skydawg1
04-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Ovah

99jc
04-06-2019, 07:49 PM
What a waste of good pitching. We sucked today.

RougeDawg
Our inability to adjust is amazing. Who is the hitting coach? We are hitting lazy pop ups. That?s a swing flaw. We are not getting our hands on top of the ball. That?s an easy fix and we are not doing it. That on either coaches or hitters not listening to coaching.

How do you strike out on meat pitches? Those two were BP zone pitches.

Skydawg1
I'm sorry, Lemonis has been shit the past two weekends. We better win tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
Pitiful

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Disgusting loss.

HoopsDawg
Our inability to adjust is amazing. Who is the hitting coach? We are hitting lazy pop ups. That?s a swing flaw. We are not getting our hands on top of the ball. That?s an easy fix and we are not doing it. That on either coaches or hitters not listening to coaching.

We have one of the best hitting coaches in the country and Lemon is known as a hitting coach.

mparkerfd20
Lost to a ****ing ump that wanted his name in the spotlight. What a dickhead mother****er

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 07:51 PM

How do you strike out on meat pitches? Those two were BP zone pitches.

Gautreau is our hitting coach....

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 07:51 PM
damn it, 3-1 pitch Foscue. We need a baserunner.

I would have loved for Foscue to have taken that 3-1 pitch even though it was a strike.

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Lost to a ****ing ump that wanted his name in the spotlight. What a dickhead mother****er

He's been waiting 20 years to make that call.

West Tn Dawg
Never seen a more ignorant play to lose a game. Only MSU!!

MarketingBully
This loss had nothing to do with TN pitching. This was on our players shit approach at the plate. Mangum better light into their sorry asses because it’s clear Lemon isn’t.

RougeDawg
We have one of the best hitting coaches in the country and Lemon is known as a hitting coach.

Then why can a guy sitting on his couch call the pitches from early in the game and know we are getting a steady dose of offspeed pitches early in the count, yet our hitters never adjust? Any hitting coach worth his weight in Lima beans, can figure that shit out.

And let me add that lazy pop ups are easily fixed by starting your hands slightly lower in your stance. Once again any hitting coach should know this and be coaching during the game. You have to make adjustments and we did zero today.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 07:54 PM
I would have loved for Foscue to have taken that 3-1 pitch even though it was a strike.

Exactly. We needed a base runner. Make him pitch two straight strikes. We popped up shit the whole ****ing night. You’d think in their brain they would be like wait a minute maybe I should make him throw another strike. We needed the lead off guy on. I knew once Foscue was out it was over simply because Allen is an auto out and no matter what Skelton did we would have been at 8 or 9 at the end of the order. It’s a different inning it Foscue walks though.

Skydawg1
04-06-2019, 07:55 PM
At this point in the season, we can forget about sweeping anyone and rather try not to get swept ourselves. If JT doesn't pitch tomorrow our season changes.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 07:56 PM
This loss had nothing to do with TN pitching. This was on our players shit approach at the plate. Mangum better light into their sorry asses because it’s clear Lemon isn’t.

You're right. I'm pleased with the pitching performance from three guys that had struggled before tonight. If Plumlee, White, and Eagan step up we're going to be in good shape overall. Our hitting is streaky and we don't have a Rooker to go with Mangum which is what we are missing right now.

MarketingBully
Ginn better pitch tomorrow.

Activated Alpha
This loss had nothing to do with TN pitching. This was on our players shit approach at the plate. Mangum better light into their sorry asses because it?s clear Lemon isn?t.

This was a bad loss. Great pitching but horrific offense tonight. We have allowed the starting pitcher go deep into the game for the past 4 SEC games. That?s on Geautrea. Going to call it, but we won?t win tomorrow. We left our offense in Starkville

Todd4State
At this point in the season, we can forget about sweeping anyone and rather try not to get swept ourselves. If JT doesn't pitch tomorrow our season changes.

You're right. I'm worried about JT at this point.

msstate7
04-06-2019, 07:57 PM

I'm at braves game. What's up with Ginn?

tcdog70
Dude, you're insane to call out Plumlee. He gave up 2 runs, we should win every single time we give up only 2 runs. Plumlee did outstanding

They would have scored 1 run anyway.

Todd4State
This was a bad loss. Great pitching but horrific offense tonight. We have allowed the starting pitcher go deep into the game for the past 4 SEC games. That?s on Geautrea. Going to call it, but we won?t win tomorrow. We left our offense in Starkville

It's the offenses turn to be the problem this weekend! Last weekend it was the defense. Against Auburn it was the pitching staff.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 07:58 PM

Who knows? He didn't pitch tonight.

Skydawg1
04-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Listening to Jim and Cohen tonight...we should all be calling for Cohen to yank Lemonis out of that dugout and take over. For the life of me...I do not know what made JC quit the head coaching job and leave it to, what now is, 3 more damn coaches.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:00 PM

Soreness? Plumlee did awesome, but offense let him down. Pop up city

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Listening to Jim and Cohen tonight...we should all be calling for Cohen to yank Lemonis out of that dugout and take over. For the life of me...I do not know what made JC quit the head coaching job and leave it to, what now is, 3 more damn coaches.

Screw that. I could not take watching Foscue sac bunt Macnamee to 2nd so Skelton can K.

maroonmania
You're right. I'm worried about JT at this point.

I'm worried about the entire team. I don't see us being a national seed and could easily see us slipping out of being a regional host. We only have 2 or 3 pitchers that are dependable and this "great" offense has primarily built its stats against weaker competition. The last 3 SEC games we've scored 2 runs or less in the normal 9 innings. Without the extra inning win last night we would be on a 4 game SEC losing streak.

Cooterpoot
Ginn is not likely to throw this week.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Ha! I'll say this about that- if Cohen didn't want to be our coach anymore I'm glad he moved on to the AD spot or somewhere else. I felt the same way about Polk the first two times he came back too. I think Lemonis is a good coach overall but he needs to be a little more vocal with the umpires. We constantly get screwed and he just sits there like a bump on a log. I'm not saying that he needs to put on a show but at least say something from the dugout.

msstate7
04-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Soreness? Plumlee did awesome, but offense let him down. Pop up city

Dang

MetEdDawg
04-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Y'all need to calm the hell down. We have 6 losses and lost on a call you may never see again in baseball.

Welcome to baseball. Shit happens. Y'all need to calm the hell down and step back from the ledge. We are gonna score 1 run sometimes. It happens. We are gonna lose on crap calls. It happens.

Tennessee can pitch. We didn't hit stuff we probably should have. Welcome to baseball. I've never seen a fan base melt as much as we do about a baseball loss. Why it's the toughest game to play.

Act like grown damn men who actually get the game of baseball folks. This game is obviously not the norm. That's why everyone is melting. Calm down and get some perspective. We win tomorrow.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Ginn is not likely to throw this week.

He’s going to pitch tomorrow.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:05 PM
I'm worried about the entire team. I don't see us being a national seed and could easily see us slipping out of being a regional host. We only have 2 or 3 pitchers that are dependable and this "great" offense has primarily built its stats against weaker competition. The last 3 SEC games we've scored 2 runs or less in the normal 9 innings. Without the extra inning win last night we would be on a 4 game SEC losing streak.

Not having Ginn changes a lot of things for us. For the worse for sure. No two ways around it. But this team is just so inconsistent with their issues. Like I said- one week it's the pitching. The next it's the defense. Then after that it's the hitting.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Y'all need to calm the hell down. We have 6 losses and lost on a call you may never see again in baseball.

Welcome to baseball. Shit happens. Y'all need to calm the hell down and step back from the ledge. We are gonna score 1 run sometimes. It happens. We are gonna lose on crap calls. It happens.

Tennessee can pitch. We didn't hit stuff we probably should have. Welcome to baseball. I've never seen a fan base melt as much as we do about a baseball loss. Why it's the toughest game to play.

Act like grown damn men who actually get the game of baseball folks. This game is obviously not the norm. That's why everyone is melting. Calm down and get some perspective. We win tomorrow.

I'm more mad that our coach barely did anything while "shit happened" than I am at the fact we lost to be honest with you.

Dawgcap
Damn some of y’all are amazing. Do you think we are gonna hit every game. So last week you shit on the pitching, this week the hitting. Guess what this shit happens but it’s amazing we have several who would of saved us with their fan coach expertise. Funny how Mississippi losing to UNA was embarrassing but guess what they are rolling again. Baseball is a game of streaks. You get hot then you’re not.

MarketingBully
Y'all need to calm the hell down. We have 7 losses and lost on a call you may never see again in baseball.

It’s 6 not 7. And I’d like an explanation from the league on that call by the ump. First of all, time had been called, second Plumlee didn’t throw the ball into the dugout. He threw it between the dugout and home plate. The only way that ball ended up in the dugout is if a ball boy picked it up and carried it there. Either way, I want my apology from the league because that was the wrong call.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm more mad that our coach barely did anything while "shit happened" than I am at the fact we lost to be honest with you.

So what should he have done?

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:11 PM

At least go out and tell the umpire that the call was BS and to get his head out of his ass. Yeah- you'll get kicked out but sometimes you have to do that in baseball.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:11 PM

It was a screw job call. I’d of gotten thrown out protecting my player. Plumlee A) didn’t throw the ball into the dugout and B) time was called when he tossed the ball between home plate and the dugout to get another ball.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:12 PM
It’s 6 not 7. And I’d like an explanation from the league on that call by the ump. First of all, time had been called, second Plumlee didn’t throw the ball into the dugout. He threw it between the dugout and home plate. The only way that ball ended up in the dugout is if a ball boy picked it up and carried it there. Either way, I want my apology from the league because that was the wrong call.

I'm tired of apologies from the SEC. I want them to get the calls right for a change.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Tomorrow is a really really big game now......So I won't get my hopes up

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:13 PM
We're one freaking game over .500 in conference play. We should be better than that. I guess that game against Florida (who is not as good as advertised) still doesn't mean anything.

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:15 PM
He?s going to pitch tomorrow.

Lemonis said on postgame show that it would be a game time decision.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm tired of apologies from the SEC. I want them to get the calls right for a change.

It’s even worse. Plumlee motioned to the umpire to get a new ball before he tossed it and the ump motioned back like he granted him time only to then have a Psych move and rule the two base error. Shouldn’t that get you sanctioned by the league?

79acctngdawg
04-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Just a question since I did not watch the game. Was the TN player still on the field when Plumlee threw the ball? If so the play was dead until ump called back in play....just saying.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Lemonis said on postgame show that it would be a game time decision.

He’ll pitch. We lost today’s ****ing game.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:18 PM
We've still got series vs Ark, A&M, UGA, And OM.....so if we can't beat UT when allowing only 2 runs, we might need to pump the breaks on our expectations. Not saying we're not good...but we clearly aren't as good as we appeared early this season. The biggest hope is that we haven't peaked yet, and will crescendo from now going forward and peak postseason

maroonmania
04-06-2019, 08:20 PM

Crap calls between the white lines is one thing, but getting a call like that on a play that is already over is asinine and destroys the integrity of the game. If it had been me as the HC I would have gotten thrown out of the game over it. Good grief, the out had already been recorded at first and the ball returned to the pitcher. If timeout had not been called there was no reason it shouldn't have been.

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Lemonis should have been thrown out over that call. Polk and Cohen damn sure would have.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:23 PM
It?s even worse. Plumlee motioned to the umpire to get a new ball before he tossed it and the ump motioned back like he granted him time only to then have a Psych move and rule the two base error. Shouldn?t that get you sanctioned by the league?

It should. I'll tell you what I bet happened. The umpire probably got mad because Plumlee threw the ball away instead of to him and then the umpire made a bitch move. If you want to know the truth.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Lemonis should have been thrown out over that call. Polk and Cohen damn sure would have.

ANYONE else would have been thrown out. You have to protect your players.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
I don't want Lemonis to be an animal...but a little fire every now and then wouldn't kill him. He should have 100% gotten tossed on that call today. It was horse shit

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:25 PM
It should. I'll tell you what I bet happened. The umpire probably got mad because Plumlee threw the ball away instead of to him and then the umpire made a bitch move. If you want to know the truth.

Then I guess Lemonis's response was an even bigger bitch move

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:27 PM
I don't want Lemonis to be an animal...but a little fire every now and then wouldn't kill him. He should have 100% gotten tossed on that call today. It was horse shit

Exactly.

Then I guess Lemonis's response was an even bigger bitch move

I like Lemonis but I can't argue with that.

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:28 PM
ANYONE else would have been thrown out. You have to protect your players.

AGREED Todd. Lemonis appears to be the baseball equivalent to Moorhead as far as temperament goes.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:29 PM
So Lemonis just said about Ginn he just didn’t feel right today. Nothing about arm soreness or anything like that. Game time decision tomorrow and Lemonis said it was no big deal. Not sure where everyone is getting this Sky is falling mentality about his arm. It didn’t sound like it was that big a deal and I think our fans are making a bigger deal about it then it actually was.

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Lemonis = Moorhead

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Lemonis = Moorhead

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Lemonis = Moorhead

In fairness, he did more the first 3 weeks offensively than JoMo did all year

Saltydog
04-06-2019, 08:34 PM
That is true. I was referring to his temperament though. Both a little too laid back for me. I don't want some whiny ass like Manieri but I like a little emotion e'er now and then.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:34 PM
AGREED Todd. Lemonis appears to be the baseball equivalent to Moorhead as far as temperament goes.

I think Moorhead has more fire personally. Ask Ole Miss's loudmouth AD.

Activated Alpha
04-06-2019, 08:35 PM

That?s what people said last week. I?m not melting, but I was never one to believe we had an elite team. Good? Yes, but have several issues. If we couldn?t hit after they threw their ?best 2? pitchers, what makes you believe we will be more patient tomorrow against another average pitcher. We won?t win tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2019, 08:36 PM
That is true. I was referring to his temperament though. Both a little too laid back for me. I don't some whiny ass like Manieri but I like a little emotion e'er now and then.

I agree

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:36 PM
That is true. I was referring to his temperament though. Both a little too laid back for me. I don't some whiny ass like Manieri but I like a little emotion e'er now and then.

I agree. And based on Lemonis's explanation of the play in question it sounded to me like Plumlee called time out and the umpire told Lemonis that "he didn't see it". That's awful. And even worse that Lemonis didn't go off on him because I guaran-damn-tee you Lemonis knows if Plumlee called time or not.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:37 PM
That?s what people said last week. I?m not melting, but I was never one to believe we had an elite team. Good? Yes, but have several issues. If we couldn?t hit after they threw their ?best 2? pitchers, what makes you believe we will be more patient tomorrow against another average pitcher. We won?t win tomorrow.

I think we're just streaky. It's like when we lost to USM 1-0 and then came out and scored 8 the next day. I'm not saying that WILL happen but it could.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:39 PM
I’m still a little miffed at the ump call regarding the Plumlee “error.” First of all, if the play wasn’t dead and the runners had not called time, why didn’t they move up when Plumlee threw the ball into the dugout? If the play was still live, you’d think the baserunners would be looking at where the ball was and take off. They didn’t. You want to know why? Because they asked for and were granted time. They were shocked as hell when the home plate umpire said both runners could advance in. Also, how did they get two bases? I’ve seen one base awarded when a ball goes into the dugout but not two. How was that decided? Plumlee didn’t need time imo because time was already called by the baserunners. That was the biggest crock of shit call I’ve ever seen and any MSU fan defending that call is an idiot.

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:42 PM
I agree. And based on Lemonis's explanation of the play in question it sounded to me like Plumlee called time out and the umpire told Lemonis that "he didn't see it". That's awful. And even worse that Lemonis didn't go off on him because I guaran-damn-tee you Lemonis knows if Plumlee called time or not.

Does it matter if Plumlee called time or not when the baserunners already called time? If the game was still live at that point, wouldn’t the runners had advanced when they saw Plumlee throw it away. It’s mind boggling that the other umps couldn’t have overturned the home ump because the play was dead when Plumlee had thrown the ball. That was just a cluster**** the whole way around.

MetEdDawg
04-06-2019, 08:45 PM
This board doesn't know a lot about baseball from some of these responses.

Doesn't matter if the player is on the field or if the out had been recorded. Ball is live at all times unless time has been called. All kinds of stuff happens during that time that doesn't impede the game. Time in the game of baseball is granted not given automatically.

Here's what I need to know. I missed it live. Only seen portions of the replay. Did the ump throw a ball to Plumlee and then Plumlee toss the other ball out? If so, did Plumlee have the ball he was trying to get rid of when the ump threw him the ball? If so that's on the ump for having two balls in play and should have gotten his ass chewed out and the league would crush that ump. If not then Plumlee is dumb.

Other issue is players should never toss a ball anywhere than back to home plate. It's a minor procedural thing that you don't think about until it costs you a game. But I need more about what happened before to make an accurate determination of whether or not the ump was in the wrong.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Does it matter if Plumlee called time or not when the baserunners already called time? If the game was still live at that point, wouldn’t the runners had advanced when they saw Plumlee throw it away. It’s mind boggling that the other umps couldn’t have overturned the home ump because the play was dead when Plumlee had thrown the ball. That was just a cluster**** the whole way around.

To my understanding if the baserunners did indeed call time the play should be dead at that point. I'm not sure why Lemonis didn't ask the umpires to get together to discuss it. If they discuss it and they still allow the runners to score THEN I get pissed off. I'm not sure why the other umpires didn't discuss it either just on their own if time was called.

Umpires I believe can award bases based on their judgement. I don't believe there is a set in stone one base rule although that is typically what most umpires call. For example- let's say Billy Hamilton is on first and then he tries to steal a base on a ball that is hit for a ground rule double and is actually past second base by the time the ball goes over the wall. In that case an umpire could very well actually award him home plate if it is in his judgement that he would have scored on the play rather than hold him up at third. That's my understanding of the rule anyway.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 08:54 PM

Doesn't matter if the player is on the field or if the out had been recorded. Ball is live at all times unless time has been called. All kinds of stuff happens during that time that doesn't impede the game. Time in the game of baseball is granted not given automatically.

Here's what I need to know. I missed it live. Only seen portions of the replay. Did the ump throw a ball to Plumlee and then Plumlee toss the other ball out? If so, did Plumlee have the ball he was trying to get rid of when the ump threw him the ball? If so that's on the ump for having two balls in play and should have gotten his ass chewed out and the league would crush that ump. If not then Plumlee is dumb.

Other issue is players should never toss a ball anywhere than back to home plate. It's a minor procedural thing that you don't think about until it costs you a game. But I need more about what happened before to make an accurate determination of whether or not the ump was in the wrong.

I would think based on Lemonis's response that Plumlee called time at the very least or at least attempted to. Because I would think that if Plumlee didn't call time Lemonis would have said so because he seems to be honest to a fault. But he said "the umpire didn't hear/see it".

MarketingBully
04-06-2019, 08:56 PM

From what I could tell, it looked like time had been called by the baserunners before Plumlee threw the ball away.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 08:57 PM
I don’t know the rule either but I have never seen a baseball tossed toward a dugout even with time called. It always goes through the home plate umpire. Was Plumlee trying to make a point with a ump kinda like a catcher or batter being trying to show a ump up?

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 08:57 PM
There was a cut on the ball. Plumlee shook the ball at the ump to indicate the ball was f'ed up. He thought the ump granted time so he tossed the ball away. Ump came out and said he didn't hear him so he didn't call time. He then motioned for both of the runners to come in and score.

The ump directly impacted the game on a situation that had no impact on the game. Plumlee did screw up a little, but this was mainly about the ump making a call you NEVER see.

Lemon should have gotten thrown out to fire up the team and show that he has their back.

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 08:58 PM
I don’t know the rule either but I have never seen a baseball tossed toward a dugout even with time called. It always goes through the home plate umpire. Was Plumlee trying to make a point with a ump kinda like a catcher or batter being trying to show a ump up?

No. He was just trying to get a new ball.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 09:01 PM
There was a cut on the ball. Plumlee shook the ball at the ump to indicate the ball was f'ed up. He thought the ump granted time so he tossed the ball away. Ump came out and said he didn't hear him so he didn't call time. He then motioned for both of the runners to come in and score.

The ump directly impacted the game on a situation that had no impact on the game. Plumlee did screw up a little, but this was mainly about the ump making a call you NEVER see.

Lemon should have gotten thrown out to fire up the team and show that he has their back.

Not arguing but I can’t remember ever seeing a pitcher toss a ball to the dugout. If it was cut wouldn’t he have tossed to Skelton who gives ball to home plate ump. Who then throws a new ball to pitcher. Again just a question on the rules

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 09:03 PM
From what I could tell, it looked like time had been called by the baserunners before Plumlee threw the ball away.

I don't think so watching the replay. I didn't see them make a motion to call TO.

It looked to me like Plumlee wanted to call TO and threw the ball to the dugout and the umpire just got pissed off and let the two runners score.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Not arguing but I can’t remember ever seeing a pitcher toss a ball to the dugout. If it was cut wouldn’t he have tossed to Skelton who gives ball to home plate ump. Who then throws a new ball to pitcher. Again just a question on the rules

I have. Like when a guy gets his first base hit or something like that.

I do think that in this case Plumlee throwing the ball into the dugout pissed the umpire off. Whether he called time or not. He should have just thrown it to Skelton and then gone from there. Most umpires would have only awarded the one run and not two in that case because the runners weren't even moving. Plumlee probably shouldn't have done that- but the umpire was also being a dick too.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 09:06 PM
No. He was just trying to get a new ball.

Then why not toss to home plate and wait for a new ball. My point is there are rules for a replacement baseball. Did he break the rules because it Seems odd to toss towards the dugout instead of home plate

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Then why not toss to home plate and wait for a new ball. My point is there are rules for a replacement baseball. Did he break the rules because it Seems odd to toss towards the dugout instead of home plate

It isn't a rule that you HAVE to throw it to the umpire. But with limited balls in college I would imagine that they would like to keep up with them more than they would in MLB.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 09:14 PM
It isn't a rule that you HAVE to throw it to the umpire. But with limited balls in college I would imagine that they would like to keep up with them more than they would in MLB.

Again I’d love a replay of someone doin what Plumlee did tonight. Even in the majors the guys toss to the catcher and he hands to the ump who inspects it. But the thing about this situation is when he got the ball back he tossed without examination or umpire confirmation. He was pissed at the situation and made a play that cost us a game. The reason no one has seen this ruling is because no one has seen that happen before

MetEdDawg
04-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Only thing to ask in this situation is what did Plumlee see that indicated to him the ump called time?

Shouldn't ever throw the ball in the dugout when changing out a ball. Always send it through home plate for situations like this. They are exceedingly rare, but that's the kind of stuff that can happen.

I would like to know what the ump did that indicated he had called time. Other than that, there's nothing else you can argue. He either did or didn't call time. Nothing else matters. So there better have been a damn good explanation regarding that from both the home plate ump and Plumlee.

HoopsDawg
04-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Only thing to ask in this situation is what did Plumlee see that indicated to him the ump called time?

Shouldn't ever throw the ball in the dugout when changing out a ball. Always send it through home plate for situations like this. They are exceedingly rare, but that's the kind of stuff that can happen.

I would like to know what the ump did that indicated he had called time. Other than that, there's nothing else you can argue. He either did or didn't call time. Nothing else matters. So there better have been a damn good explanation regarding that from both the home plate ump and Plumlee.

Plumlee told Lemon that the umpire nodded to him that he had time. Guys, it was a horseshit call, period. Having said that, our batting order was screwed up and we had a terrible approach at the plate.

MetEdDawg
04-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Plumlee told Lemon that the umpire nodded to him that he had time. Guys, it was a horseshit call, period. Having said that, our batting order was screwed up and we had a terrible approach at the plate.

Usually the ump gives a hand signal. If Plumlee saw a nod I trust him. But usually you see the hand signal of some kind.

Sounds pretty bull shit though. I would have gotten tossed for that crap.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2019, 09:52 PM

On the crappy video, the play looked over. The ump tossed a ball, or someone tossed a ball that was merely on the turf near the mound. I don't think it was our catcher tossing a ball to make plumlee go fetch it. I think the umpire did it.

Plum picked it up, looked at it, and tossed it underhand and backwards to the dugout. Our dugout.

It looked like Plum was angry at the sequence of the events and that the umpire did not like Plumlee tossing the ball.

Play was over, the Tennessee baserunners did not twitch to run as a result of plumlees action. They were shocked to get two bases and score.

Note: later in the game the umpire went all the way to the mound to Hand (literally Hand) the bsll to Plumlee. I think the ump lost his mind and just gave Tennessee two runs.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2019, 10:06 PM

That too, I always see pitchers and catchers hand the ball umpires for a disposition on ball integrity. The ump is one with a fanny pack of balls. A very weird game changing play. Now we gotta win tomorrow or we will be angry all week. If we are to host a regional we can't lose series to Tennessee.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 10:07 PM
On the crappy video, the play looked over. The ump tossed a ball, or someone tossed a ball that was merely on the turf near the mound. I don't think it was our catcher tossing a ball to make plumlee go fetch it. I think the umpire did it.

Plum picked it up, looked at it, and tossed it underhand and backwards to the dugout. Our dugout.

It looked like Plum was angry at the sequence of the events and that the umpire did not like Plumlee tossing the ball.

Play was over, the Tennessee baserunners did not twitch to run as a result of plumlees action. They were shocked to get two bases and score.

Note: later in the game the umpire went all the way to the mound to Hand (literally Hand) the bsll to Plumlee. I think the ump lost his mind and just gave Tennessee two runs.

Sorry but Plumlee caught the ball back from first and in one motion turned toward home, saw the umps hand up and tossed the ball to our dugout. The ump never tossed a ball toward the mound. Plumlee was frustrated in my mind and overreacted

MetEdDawg
04-06-2019, 10:17 PM
Ok just saw the replay. Totally on Plumlee. He got the ball from Allen at 1B and he immediately tossed it towards our dugout. All in one motion.

That's 100% on Plumlee. I mean really really stupid of him. Insanely dumb. Didn't look at the ump or anything. All in one motion took it and tossed it over.

Question I have now is why the runner on 2nd got 2 bases. I don't know the college rule for that so I'm not sure. But the initial play is 100% on Plumlee. I mean it was really dumb.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Ok just saw the replay. Totally on Plumlee. He got the ball from Allen at 1B and he immediately tossed it towards our dugout. All in one motion.

That's 100% on Plumlee. I mean really really stupid of him. Insanely dumb. Didn't look at the ump or anything. All in one motion took it and tossed it over.

Question I have now is why the runner on 2nd got 2 bases. I don't know the college rule for that so I'm not sure. But the initial play is 100% on Plumlee. I mean it was really dumb.

Stupid rule for sure. Again it’s akin to a guy being fouled on a layup being given four free throws or maybe more accurately being given 4 points.

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 10:21 PM

It looked to me like he looked at the umpire and said something.

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 10:26 PM
I think the the reason is it’s 2 bases is because someone from our bench touched the ball. Would be the same as if the baseball went in the dugout. You get 1 base plus another. Since runner was already on second it’s 3rd plus home

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 10:27 PM
It looked to me like he looked at the umpire and said something.

The way he threw it off I’m guessing not a pleasant something

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Sorry but Plumlee caught the ball back from first and in one motion turned toward home, saw the umps hand up and tossed the ball to our dugout. The ump never tossed a ball toward the mound. Plumlee was frustrated in my mind and overreacted

You are correct, Allen tossed the ball too Plumlee and plumlee caught it and then proceeded to toss it into the dugout. The umpire awarded the two bases and then handed Plumlee a new ball

Dawgcap
04-06-2019, 10:51 PM
On a bright note Plumlee was ticked about something while pitching his off. Bought lesson I guess. This team is really good. I said something a couple weeks ago about hitting a cold spell and I think we are in it. All teams do, the great ones don’t let them last. They good thing we have been able to win a few while not playing well. Hope we get to a 17-13 , 18-12 record nd then catch fire. Baseball is such a streaky game. Don’t overhype the good or freak during a tough spell. We are talented but so are many others. But I love the confidence we have and that makes a difference in crunch time.
I for one never felt we would be sitting where we are right now, what about the rest of y’all?

tcdog70
04-07-2019, 09:52 AM
On the plus side. plumlee pitched his ass off. So did our Bull Pen. Our offense this time couldn't say we hit a lot of balls hard, we did not. Bunch of fly balls.