PDA

View Full Version : Frosh Comparison: Small vs Cerantola

paco
04-06-2019, 01:05 PM
When Small was a frosh, it was apparent that he had a lot of potential. He was hitting 97mph just prior to his injury. I think Cerantola will be our Ace in the next two years and will have a lot of success. Cerantola's numbers are better than Small in the comparison. Here are the numbers between the two are similar points in their freshman year:
Ethan Small
App - 15
IP - 10.1
H - 11
BB - 10
K - 20
ERA - 13.06

Eric Cerantola
App - 7
IP - 11.0
H - 5
BB - 10
K - 16
ERA - 4.91

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2019, 01:49 PM
This number comparison is numerology at its worst

Might as well compare birthdays or shoe sizes or Moms first name

We were pitching Small in our opening series versus a worthy opponent that beat us. Also, it was the cursed 2015 class that was coached by Minime

paco
04-06-2019, 02:28 PM
This number comparison is numerology at its worst

Might as well compare birthdays or shoe sizes or Moms first name

We were pitching Small in our opening series versus a worthy opponent that beat us. Also, it was the cursed 2015 class that was coached by Minime

Federalist, you must not be an MSU engineer. Ethan Small pitched 0.1 innings in game 2 of a four game opening week series (against Florida Atlantic). He was tagged with 2 earned runs in that outing. He threw 15 pitches opening weekend. You are right that we lost the game. That was his only mound time he saw. Your insult directed at me fell flat.

Baseball stats and comparisons are always impossible to accurately compare. The fact that both pitchers threw approximately the same amount of innings is a solid basis for comparison. libtard.

mparkerfd20
04-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Paco just pwned Federalist. Haha

Todd4State
04-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Cerentola has a higher ceiling than Small. Of course some of those stats were put up by Small with an injury I'm sure.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Federalist, you must not be an MSU engineer. Ethan Small pitched 0.1 innings in game 2 of a four game opening week series (against Florida Atlantic). He was tagged with 2 earned runs in that outing. He threw 15 pitches opening weekend. You are right that we lost the game. That was his only mound time he saw. Your insult directed at me fell flat.

Baseball stats and comparisons are always impossible to accurately compare. The fact that both pitchers threw approximately the same amount of innings is a solid basis for comparison. libtard.

"Libtard" don't know the word. Must be something "C" students say