PDA

View Full Version : Gobbling

BuckyIsAB****
04-05-2019, 06:30 PM
Turkey reports? Anyone hearing a lot?

SapperDawg
04-05-2019, 07:52 PM
They have been fired up in North AL all season. My buys in southern TN seem to be having a rough time getting any sounding off right now.

Howboutdemdogs
04-06-2019, 10:18 PM
We have not worked a lot here in Northeast MS. Have not heard a lot of birds. Most folks I have talk to around here has been saying the same thing. However, there has been several killed in the afternoon. We are all hoping that with more and more leaves on the trees, they will start them to gobble. We have seen a ton of hens, but no Toms with them.

Treemydawg
04-07-2019, 10:27 AM
I’ve been hearing a bunch of birds gobble in NE Mississippi. Some have gobbled better than others some mornings and then the next few mornings it seems like the other birds gobble better. With that said though I tagged out this morning with a boss 1 1/4” spurs and a 12” beard. Them kind don’t come often.

BuckyIsAB****
04-09-2019, 08:41 PM
I’ve been hearing a bunch of birds gobble in NE Mississippi. Some have gobbled better than others some mornings and then the next few mornings it seems like the other birds gobble better. With that said though I tagged out this morning with a boss 1 1/4” spurs and a 12” beard. Them kind don’t come often.

That is a once in a lifetime bird congrats

shoeless joe
04-15-2019, 11:38 AM
I?ve finally found a couple gobbling birds and gonna hunt them hard this week. Weekend weather has put a dampeer on my season so far. But that said the places I know have turkeys I?m still not hearing anything.

BuckyIsAB****
04-15-2019, 07:39 PM
I?ve finally found a couple gobbling birds and gonna hunt them hard this week. Weekend weather has put a dampeer on my season so far. But that said the places I know have turkeys I?m still not hearing anything.

The rain has killed it for me. That and I havent heard one since last Thursday and he gobbled 4 or 5 times tops

BB30
04-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Birds have gobbled pretty good the last few days. This weekend should be pretty good if the weather will hold. We had baby number two this past Friday which has all but killed the rest of the season for me.

Treemydawg
04-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Birds have gobbled pretty good the last few days. This weekend should be pretty good if the weather will hold. We had baby number two this past Friday which has all but killed the rest of the season for me.

Congrats on the new addition BB. Me and my wife have a little boy due next week.

BuckyIsAB****
04-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Hope they aint shutting down. This weekend looks like the last go round. It always goes by so fast