PDA

View Full Version : To follow the all MSU baseball team, the all MSU football team

Michael Milken
04-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Just starting 22 right now. I don't have time to do the full 85. But that's the goal.

QB- Dak
RB - JJ Johnson
RB -Shorty Mc Williams
WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Mardy McDole
TE - Reggie Kelly (?)
C - Eric Allen
RT - Derek Sherrod
LT- Pork Chop Womack
RG- Jesse James
LG -Gabe Jackson

DE- Montez Sweat or Greg Favors
DE- Billy Jackson
DT -Jeff Simmons
DT -Fletcher Cox
LB -DD Lewis
LB- Benadrick McKinney
LB- Jonnie Cooks
CB -Fred Smoot
CB -Walt Harris
S -Jonathan Banks
S -Pig Prather

K Brian Hazelwood
P Jeff Walker
KO Jeff Walker

KR/PR Tony James
KR Kevin Prentiss

timotheus
04-04-2019, 03:40 PM
what was big countrys name? LT played for sherrill and went on and played for the titans for 10-12 yr? he was from the state of alabama

Ifyouonlyknew
04-04-2019, 03:54 PM
I know MSU fans love nostalgia more than most but is our greatest kicker in history a guy who made less than 60% of his kicks in his career.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-04-2019, 03:57 PM
what was big countrys name? LT played for sherrill and went on and played for the titans for 10-12 yr? he was from the state of alabama

David Stewart

Michael Milken
04-04-2019, 04:06 PM
I know MSU fans love nostalgia more than most but is our greatest kicker in history a guy who made less than 60% of his kicks in his career.

I was between him and Artie Crosby....

and the wind game decided for me.

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Kent Hull at Center. That is the only one that sticks out to me.

msbulldog
04-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Absolutely Kent Hull! Stan Black at safety!

HoopsDawg
04-04-2019, 07:15 PM

Yeah, Kent Hull is a major oversight. I would also have to go with Randy Thomas at guard over Jesse James. Reggie Kelly or Donald Lee are good choices at TE. No offence to Shorty McWilliams but I would have to go with Anthony Dixon or Michael Haddix at RB.

Saltydog
04-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Artie Cosby or Dana Moore, IMO.....

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Yeah, Kent Hull is a major oversight. I would also have to go with Randy Thomas at guard over Jesse James. Reggie Kelly or Donald Lee are good choices at TE. No offence to Shorty McWilliams but I would have to go with Anthony Dixon or Michael Haddix at RB.

Jerious Norwood over Shorty. Norwood would have ran for 1500 yards with a good Oline. Fastest offensive player would have to be him or Prentiss.

R2Dawg
04-04-2019, 09:18 PM

Yep, Kent Hull gotta be the center. All Pro dominant center. Played golf once with Andre Reid and he said Hull was best linemen he ever saw in NFL. He couldn't say enough good stuff about Hull.

R2Dawg
04-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Just starting 22 right now. I don't have time to do the full 85. But that's the goal.

QB- Dak
RB - JJ Johnson
RB -Shorty Mc Williams
WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Mardy McDole
TE - Reggie Kelly (?)
C - Eric Allen
RT - Derek Sherrod
LT- Pork Chop Womack
RG- Jesse James
LG -Gabe Jackson

DE- Montez Sweat or Greg Favors
DE- Billy Jackson
DT -Jeff Simmons
DT -Fletcher Cox
LB -DD Lewis
LB- Benadrick McKinney
LB- Jonnie Cooks
CB -Fred Smoot
CB -Walt Harris
S -Jonathan Banks
S -Pig Prather

K Brian Hazelwood
P Jeff Walker
KO Jeff Walker

KR/PR Tony James
KR Kevin Prentiss

One nasty D. I'll throw in Ed Smith at DE. Beast on that 98D

Donald Lee maybe at TE

Maybe Dixion or Norwood at RB

Goldendawg
04-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Ray Costick, (sp), was a heck of a LB and I grew up watching a great pair of receivers in David Smith and Sammy Milner.

1bigdawg
04-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Ray Costick, (sp), was a heck of a LB and I grew up watching a great pair of receivers in David Smith and Sammy Milner.

Yep. Cocstick over McKinney, at least for their college career. I would also take David Smith over Mardy, although I do love Mardy.

AROB44
04-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Although he would be too light for today's game, Harvey Hull was a beast at NG...

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 08:53 AM

I had Hull in, but Eric Allen was an all american at MSU.

Hull was a much better Pro.

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 08:54 AM

McWilliams was a Heisman Finalist....

And an all american....

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Yep. Cocstick over McKinney, at least for their college career. I would also take David Smith over Mardy, although I do love Mardy.

McKinney was an all american....

parabrave
04-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Good list but MSU has had great RBs over the years but I would have Michael Davis and Jerious Norwood,

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Good list but MSU has had great RBs over the years but I would have Michael Davis and Jerious Norwood,

RB Depth Chart is loaded.

JJ Johnson
Shorty Mc Williams
Michael Davis
Jerious Norwood
Anthony Dixon
Michael Haddix

Tbonewannabe
04-05-2019, 12:35 PM

JJ Johnson
Shorty Mc Williams
Michael Davis
Jerious Norwood
Anthony Dixon
Michael Haddix

It completely depends on if you are comparing the player with their playing days or if you are creating a team with that person as a player to compete in today's game. As far as explosive plays, Norwood would be #1 on that list. As far as total RB then I would give the nod to either JJ Johnson or Anthony Dixon.

I can't really base any opinion on Shorty McWilliams but he is our highest finisher in the Heisman voting. Dixon did lead the SEC in rushing the year that Mark Ingram won it.

Political Hack
04-05-2019, 12:37 PM

JJ Johnson
Shorty Mc Williams
Michael Davis
Jerious Norwood
Anthony Dixon
Michael Haddix

Norwood put up numbers playing tackle the man with the football. The others had something that resembled an OL.

I'd have JJ and Norwood as the top 2 RBs.

Those two running behind Hull, Jackson, Thomas, Pork Chop, and Sherrod would work well. Occasional bootleg by Dak. Back shoulder 9 to Moulds. Reggie Kelly at TE.

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 01:09 PM
It completely depends on if you are comparing the player with their playing days or if you are creating a team with that person as a player to compete in today's game. As far as explosive plays, Norwood would be #1 on that list. As far as total RB then I would give the nod to either JJ Johnson or Anthony Dixon.

I can't really base any opinion on Shorty McWilliams but he is our highest finisher in the Heisman voting. Dixon did lead the SEC in rushing the year that Mark Ingram won it.

True.

Norwood was limited due to being the offense for us, and everyone knew it.

Similarly, I'd like to see Don Smith running Hack's bootleg play below.

NCDawg
04-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Jackie Parker was probably State's greatest football player, or at least among the top. He led the SEC in scoring-played defense, punt returner, punted, kicked extra points and FG's. Also, played SS on the baseball team.. He played in Canada after graduation and was voted Canadian football player MVP several years. He went to Canada because of Darryl Royal.

Michael Milken
04-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Jackie Parker was probably State's greatest football player, or at least among the top. He led the SEC in scoring-played defense, punt returner, punted, kicked extra points and FG's. Also, played SS on the baseball team.. He played in Canada after graduation and was voted Canadian football player MVP several years. He went to Canada because of Darryl Royal.

Between Parker and Dak for qb.

And Parker made my all MSU baseball team also.

Tbonewannabe
04-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Jackie Parker was also selected to the all Decade team or something like that in the CFL. And he went to MSU instead of UT because he was married and UT had a policy of no married players.

Goldendawg
04-06-2019, 03:27 PM
David Stewart

Stewart was relentless with a mean streak to boot. I remember a running play on about our 20. He locked onto his man and didn't let up until he put him in the shrubs behind our bench. He got an unnecessary roughness flag, but he was a hard-nosed player who was a joy to watch. Think he drove around campus in a beat up pickup while at State.

Goldendawg
04-06-2019, 03:31 PM

My late SuperDawg Dad said that Jackie Parker was the best FB player he ever saw and he saw hundreds of MSU games, good and bad. Still miss him at the games. Hail State!