PDA

View Full Version : Louisana directional school game

parabrave
04-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Hey Hey new Lineup, Rowdy batting 2nd and Westburg 3rd, TA 7th. Lets see if this jump starts, again, TA.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Hey Hey new Lineup, Rowdy batting 2nd and Westburg 3rd, TA 7th. Lets see if this jump starts, again, TA.

Can't argue with moving TA down, but I liked the protection that Westburg gave Mangum by being in the 2 hole. Glad Cumbest is getting AB's tonight. Hoping KJ can look sharp for 2 innings and come back Sunday.

RocketDawg
04-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Just tuned in on SEC+.

Does everybody else's picture look a little dark?

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Just tuned in on SEC+.

Mines a little dark, but it's ok. Is there no oversight to our official scorekeeper? I'm sorry, but ruling that a hit for Mangum is a joke.

magrooder
04-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Skelton is one of the most improved players on the team this year.

I seen it dawg
04-03-2019, 06:56 PM
We maul LH pitching

I seen it dawg
04-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Mines a little dark, but it's ok. Is there no oversight to our official scorekeeper? I'm sorry, but ruling that a hit for Mangum is a joke.
They ruled that a hit??? That's embarrassing

TopDawg
04-03-2019, 06:59 PM
This is the type of start I really love.

Cloak
04-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Allen smoked that one

RocketDawg
04-03-2019, 07:03 PM
This is the type of start I really love.

It is unless you get complacent and back off. I cringe in football when we score on the opening drive unless it's a lengthy one.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Allen smoked that one

Boy, Allen has a violent upper body rotation. He timed that up perfectly and hammered it.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Keegan hitting 94 with movement, change up has good run to the arm side and his curve is biting. Dude has SEC starter stuff. Command is the only issue. Hopefully he can build off this start.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Brent Rooker in AAA. They are about to play 142 games in a 150 days. What a grind.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:19 PM
MacNamee, you have the worst walk up song in the history of walk up signs. Brutal.

msstate7
04-03-2019, 07:21 PM
MacNamee, you have the worst walk up song in the history of walk up signs. Brutal.

What is it?

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:23 PM
What is it?

Some awful saxophone terribleness.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Keegan pitching the 3rd. That tells me Plumlee is going to start on Sunday.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 07:27 PM
It is unless you get complacent and back off. I cringe in football when we score on the opening drive unless it's a lengthy one.

What? Yeah I prefer going three up theee down.....***

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Whew, KJ put it belt high on the inside corner and dude hammers it. 7-2 MSU.

Dawg2003
04-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Keegan melt beginning?

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:29 PM
What? Yeah I prefer going three up theee down.....***

Gotta burn the clock when you get up.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:42 PM
So Keegan at 58 pitches in T4. He probably won't be pitching this weekend. Looks like they just want him to get some work.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 07:47 PM
KJ pulled. 64 pitches in 3 1/3. That won't get the job done on the weekends. Keep pitching him mid-week until he can figure it out. Looks like Plumlee is our Sunday guy for now.

Dawg2003
04-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Plumlee I trust more than Keegan at this point.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-03-2019, 07:56 PM
So Keegan at 58 pitches in T4. He probably won't be pitching this weekend. Looks like they just want him to get some work.

James averaged 6-7 pitches per out. That's pretty terrible vs ULM. He's got good stuff but like Pilk in his Fr and So years, every 3rd or so pitch is way off the mark and gives the batter an obvious ball to take or something over the zone they can hit. That results in a lot of extra pitching. If James can be just a bit more consistent in his location then he's a solid starter, as it is he's burning 5 pitches an inning and allowing several extra walks/hits a games due to the bad location. Really sucks to see because he throws some beautiful stuff otherwise

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Cumbest was at spring practice earlier today. Singles up the middle in B4 tonight. Pretty awesome day for the freshman.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 08:17 PM
12-4, bases loaded B4. Cumbest up. Kind of nice having TA in the 7 hole.

I seen it dawg
04-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Cumbest don't ****ing dance at 2nd on a seeing eye single

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:28 PM

He can easily throw this weekend. But I'd say this means he's for sure not starting Sunday. Yeah.

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Just tuned in on SEC+.

Every game we have on tv, in every sport looks too dark. When we are wearing white, there is zero reason why our games should look like half our lights are off. They only look somewhat dim in person.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Every game we have on tv, in every sport looks too dark. When we are wearing white, there is zero reason why our games should look like half our lights are off. They only look somewhat dim in person.

It's just that the lights were set up to light up the field. Not the stands. That's how they wanted it. And the field itself it super bright. Way brighter than before. And you can't lose one in the lights either

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 08:33 PM
They could just make ESPN turn up the light levels just a little bit. UNC, Duke, etc never have a game on that doesn't look good as far as light levels.

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Everyone needs to flup over and see LSUs game. Well lit.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:35 PM
They could just make ESPN turn up the light levels just a little bit. UNC, Duke, etc never have a game on that doesn't look good as far as light levels.

Basketball? Cameron indoor is pretty dark as far as arenas go. The Dean dome has plenty of light.

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Why do our infielders have literally the slowest reaction speed in D1-3? That hit to second would have been out in a high school JV game.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Why do our infielders have literally the slowest reaction speed in D1-3? That hit to second would have been out in a high school JV game.

I didn't see where he was playing but you are correct, halter can't read a swing and gets terrible jumps too boot

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Basketball? Cameron indoor is pretty dark as far as arenas go. The Dean dome has plenty of light.

Point being, our basketball, football, and baseball look dark as hell on every broadcast. Its not dark when you are there in person, just on espn.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Point being, our basketball, football, and baseball look dark as hell on every broadcast. Its not dark when you are there in person, just on espn.

Well dudy is dark in the background and I think the jump lighting sucks. You think Davis wade is dark? Or appears that way? Think it's good to. But I understand your point

RocketDawg
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM

Could our cameras not be up to par?

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Could our cameras not be up to par?

I think it's just dark in the stands and makes it appear dark when they are using the cf cam.

RocketDawg
04-03-2019, 08:57 PM

Trying to give him more hits so he can set the record? I don't think he really needs the help.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Trying to give him more hits so he can set the record? I don't think he really needs the help.

Out scorekeeper sucks. But in years past he was at the mercy of the head coach. Sure it's no different.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Foscue making the play at 2B, look out.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:16 PM
18 runs and counting. What a beatdown.

MarketingBully
04-03-2019, 09:28 PM
That was a ****ing fair ball. How did that umpire miss that?

TNDawg35
04-03-2019, 09:34 PM
What if we moved Foscue to 2B, Halter to short, and Westy back to 3rd? That’s where he was last yr??

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:36 PM
What if we moved Foscue to 2B, Halter to short, and Westy back to 3rd? That’s where he was last yr??

Could make us better. Hard to say.

Foscue at 2B also opens up the option of Landon Jordan at 3B.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Breaux coming in. This should be interesting.

maroonmania
04-03-2019, 09:45 PM

I had almost forgotten he was still on the team.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:45 PM

Gave up a double, then a walk, but got a strikeout to end it. Fastball around 86-87. But his curve is nasty. Glad he got to pitch.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Yeah. Feel for the guy. Never overcame the injury. Glad he's toughed it out.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:48 PM
5 hit night for Mangum. What a damn ball player.

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Gave up a double, then a walk, but got a strikeout to end it. Fastball around 86-87. But his curve is nasty. Glad he got to pitch.

His curve is nice. Hope he gets some more batters in the 8th.

Lord McBuckethead
04-03-2019, 09:50 PM
5 hit night for Mangum. What a damn ball player.

4+/- go ahead and say 5, sure.

MarketingBully
04-03-2019, 09:51 PM
That double play wasn’t turned. Bell beat it out but no challenge?

MarketingBully
04-03-2019, 09:52 PM
If that was our double play, it would have been challenged and overturned.

HoopsDawg
04-03-2019, 09:52 PM

seriously? It's 21-6.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 09:56 PM

He didn't beat it out. He was out.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 09:57 PM
KWell Todd's Sunday starter is well........ showing why he isn't on the weekend roster. 2 ab's 2 hard hit balls. Then got away w a 3-2 pitch that would never be a strike if it wasn't 21-7

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:03 PM
I'll go back to I trust our coaches. Spring is awful tonight. I get it one game doesn't make a player. But he's only pitches against two teams w a pulse. Samford and tonight. There's a reason he doesn't pitch.

MarketingBully
04-03-2019, 10:06 PM
He didn't beat it out. He was out.

He hit the bag right before the ball got there so if he was out that’s news to baseball rules. Also, Halter should have had a double because the ball hit the white line but because we don’t have chalk the asshole ump’s call wasn’t over turned. Every close play was reviewed for Monroe even though the game is way over. Replays should go both ways.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:11 PM
He hit the bag right before the ball got there so if he was out that’s news to baseball rules. Also, Halter should have had a double because the ball hit the white line but because we don’t have chalk the asshole ump’s call wasn’t over turned. Every close play was reviewed for Monroe even though the game is way over. Replays should go both ways.

Need to get your glasses checked not he didn't
You also said halter's ball was fair. Maybe it was. But replay didn't even come close to showing that. It appeared it could have been but nothing close to conclusive.

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 10:22 PM
KWell Todd's Sunday starter is well........ showing why he isn't on the weekend roster. 2 ab's 2 hard hit balls. Then got away w a 3-2 pitch that would never be a strike if it wasn't 21-7

So predictable.

I'll go back to I trust our coaches. Spring is awful tonight. I get it one game doesn't make a player. But he's only pitches against two teams w a pulse. Samford and tonight. There's a reason he doesn't pitch.

Read this again. And stop trolling.

How did the guy the coaches you trust that started tonight do?** And how did Spring do against Samford? Pretty much saved us that game. Congrats to Spring for allowing a run after only six appearances.

How did Cerentola look tonight?**

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Need to get your glasses checked not he didn't
You also said halter's ball was fair. Maybe it was. But replay didn't even come close to showing that. It appeared it could have been but nothing close to conclusive.

Shit. Someone's in a bad mood. Enjoy the win.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:27 PM
So predictable.

How did the guy the coaches you trust that started tonight do?** And how did Spring do against Samford? Pretty much saved us that game. Congrats to Spring for allowing a run after only six appearances.

So spring looked good?? Great start him Sunday. It's pretty clear to anyone that can see he isn't the answer. He's a breaking ball first guy that has fastball as flat as pancake. That YoU wanted to start on Sunday. Of course after Cerantola wet the bed. .... as for Cerantola he was ok. He was behind on every count but his upside is huge. Bigtime run. But his command was pit again. Last k was a ball but better than valley game. How's that??

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Shit. Someone's in a bad mood. Enjoy the win.

Nope guess you were too busy crying about spring sucking to notice he was really out.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Oh and I loved how you noticed I said one game doesn't make a player Todd. Even highlighted it, then pointed out how great he was against Samford.... never mind tonight or last week.. hahah. Gold man

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 10:37 PM
So predictable.

Oh and lastly. The coaches I trust started a guy that did better in 3+ innings than the guy you want starting on Sunday w zero basis did in one inning so there's that. Crickets I'm sure from you.

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 10:58 PM
So spring looked good?? Great start him Sunday. It's pretty clear to anyone that can see he isn't the answer. He's a breaking ball first guy that has fastball as flat as pancake. That YoU wanted to start on Sunday. Of course after Cerantola wet the bed. .... as for Cerantola he was ok. He was behind on every count but his upside is huge. Bigtime run. But his command was pit again. Last k was a ball but better than valley game. How's that??

Good that you at least addressed it. He got people out before that "questionable call" which is still a lot better than before no matter how you spin out.

Nope guess you were too busy crying about spring sucking to notice he was really out.

Actually too busy noticing that we were winning by 15 to cry about anything MSU baseball related. Like a normal person.

Oh and I loved how you noticed I said one game doesn't make a player Todd. Even highlighted it, then pointed out how great he was against Samford.... never mind tonight or last week.. hahah. Gold man

You were the one that said it. I highlighted it because I know that you know- and you are trolling. I don't really care one way or the other honestly. To be quite honest my personal preference would be Cerentola step up and take it but I'm still not sure that he will ever be ready this year.

Oh and lastly. The coaches I trust started a guy that did better in 3+ innings than the guy you want starting on Sunday w zero basis did in one inning so there's that. Crickets I'm sure from you.

Keegan and Plumlee still haven't looked that great. Often times against the same competition that Spring was getting out. Like Keegan tonight. There probably isn't a great solution at this point.

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Also- for stats for thought. This is against the teams that Spring has pitched against only.

Spring- 14 K's 1 BB ERA 2.84 which includes tonight

Plumlee- 11 K's 5 BB's ERA 4.63

James- 4 K's 3 BB's ERA 5.40

Basically aside from one outing Spring strikes out people and doesn't walk them. He was pulled after the one walk which makes zero sense to me (and I like the staff so don't get me wrong here) considering what the other pitchers are doing on the staff. But it was also against Valley so who gives a shit? He'll get another opportunity I'm sure and while he did get hit- I'd rather that than walk the house and he did also strike out the side as well.

Dawgcap
04-03-2019, 11:23 PM
Give a player a couple games. Screw the stats in a non con. It’s for the coaches to refine a player. I get so sick of people complaining about midweek results when we are winning big. That’s when great coaches teach. You only get better when you you learn from your failures!!
Will these guys produce when we need them to but a great coaching staff puts pressure on players in a blowout to teach. They may not end up being the guy we need this year but it’s building to the future.

Lord McBuckethead
04-04-2019, 06:47 AM

Actuslly replays should get it as right as it can, not both ways. I agreed with every call they made.

timotheus
04-04-2019, 03:37 PM
This team is in a situation frankly and they are very talented but Small and Ginn must pitch great each game 1 and 2 due to there being no answer for sunday. My choice would be to just start Cole and see how many pitches he has in him but i'm not at practice daily. The main reason that these 2 must pitch to their potential is due to the liabilities at 3 spots in the INF. The order can be switched around etc and we have to trust the coaches to manipulate things and maximize matchups etc. I say go 5-1 at worst against UT and Bama or these issues will only grow in magnitude.