PDA

View Full Version : Let's Check on College Baseball Tonight....

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Since some of you are ready to jump ship because you think we suck, here is what happened tonight in college baseball.

18 Ole Miss loss to North Alabama 10-6
#19 Coastal Carolina lost to unranked Illinois 4-2
24th ranked Oklahoma State lost to Central Arkansas 8-4
#3 ranked NC State lost to unranked South Carolina 10-8
#14 Arkansas got their asses kicked by U Arkansas Little Rock 17-7
#5 Vanderbilt beat Western Kentucky in extra innings 5-4
#6 & defending Natty Champs Oregon State lost to San Diego State 4-3
#7 Arizona State lost to Long Beach State, the team that OM swept & sucks this year, 10-4

All this to say, it's baseball. It's a journey. Some days you win, some days you lose, but over the course of the long haul, the cream will rise to the top.

EVERY.TEAM.IN.THE.COUNTRY.HAS. PROBLEMS!!!!!!!! We are a really really good baseball team that will compete for a national title this year, but there will be days, perhaps two in a row where we suck.

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Exactly. I think the fact that we have different problems every week is a good thing because it means we don't have consistent problems or problems that can't be fixed potentially.

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2019, 11:12 PM
Exactly. I think the fact that we have different problems every week is a good thing because it means we don't have consistent problems or problems that can't be fixed potentially.

Exactly.

There's not a damn team in the country that has a bullpen. Not a one.

Our bullpen may be inconsistent, but you'd be surprised just how lucky we are to have arms and options that are actually capable

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Exactly.

Our bullpen may be inconsistent, but you'd be surprised just how lucky we are to have arms and options that are actually capable

And not very many with a consistent Sunday starter. I feel bad for Lemonis because one day a guy looks good and then can't find the zone or gets hit the next.

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems to me that most of the time for us anyway that we really make a lot of growth as a team during the first five weeks of SEC play and then the last five weeks is when things come together for the postseason. We'll see if that happens this year or not.

msbulldog
04-03-2019, 06:02 AM
I hope your right Todd.

Dawg2003
04-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Auburn also lost to Georgia Tech.

StarkVegasSteve
04-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot more ranked teams losing midweek this year. And some are to really bad teams.

Homedawg
04-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Since some of you are ready to jump ship because you think we suck, here is what happened tonight in college baseball.

#7 Arizona State lost to Long Beach State, the team that OM swept & sucks this year, 10-4

All this to say, it's baseball. It's a journey. Some days you win, some days you lose, but over the course of the long haul, the cream will rise to the top.

EVERY.TEAM.IN.THE.COUNTRY.HAS. PROBLEMS!!!!!!!! We are a really really good baseball team that will compete for a national title this year, but there will be days, perhaps two in a row where we suck.
Pretty well said!

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot more ranked teams losing midweek this year. And some are to really bad teams.

No more than a typical year it seems like to me. We just usually focus on ourselves and don't notice or remember in a vacuum unless it's something like Ole Miss losing to North Alabama. Most teams are in a similar spot as us in terms of figuring things out. It's just that we had more knowns this year and usually when we have lost it's something that is wrong temporarily. At least so far anyway.

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 08:41 AM
I hope your right Todd.

I'm basing it mostly off of last year. This was about the time we turned it around last year. We know what we have with Gautreau. Now we'll see what Foxhall can do with this staff.

Activated Alpha
04-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Exactly.

I was just upset that we lost to those carnival junkies again. I wouldn?t have been as upset if we won against LSU then lost the series this weekend or to Arkansas. I?m just tired of LSU always hanging that W against state.

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2019, 09:22 AM
A lot of our fans just don't know what to do with all this success we are having...

Commercecomet24
04-03-2019, 09:31 AM

Good Post, Gun. I think most people only watch us so they only see what our deficiencies seem to be. I watch a lot of college baseball and we are definitely a top 10 team with a real shot to win it all. Every team in this country has flaws and there are plenty of head coaches out there that would gladly trade places with Lemonis. We are a great team. As you said baseball is a journey and on any given day the best team can look like the bad news bears. It happens. We have things to improve on sure but we have an extremely competent staff and a Head Coach who let's his coaches coach and player play.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Exactly.

This! I watched the Arizona State/Arizona "pitchers duel" this past weekend that ASU won 17-16 lol. I watched both teams trot arm after arm out there and get lit up(including ASU elite closer). We are blessed with good arms.

PKADogs55
04-03-2019, 10:44 AM

We have had some close ones this year, but still undefeated in our Midweeks (Just have to keep fighting and improving).