PDA

View Full Version : Random questions

Dawgcap
04-02-2019, 10:33 PM
For fun? Would Howland win with Duke or Kentucky talent? Why or why not? If not explain how Cal and Coach K are better. Don?t need the overall stats because I know the records, my point is would Howland or a couple other coaches do more with the talent they have? Lastly many can brag they recruited them but did these coaches recruit them or did a shoe do it?

3rdGen
04-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Damn, I wish I had half the energy some of you on here.

The answer is no and yes, but we will never know so why bother thinking about it.

We all know what’s going on across college sports. Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.

Dawgcap
04-02-2019, 10:46 PM
That’s my point. We worry about shit we can’t control. End of the day we play with what we have.

timotheus
04-03-2019, 01:38 PM
I agree and MSU should probably be keen to developments as baseball season progresses and also to the upcoming football season and see how it all unfolds.

StarkVegasSteve
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
For fun? Would Howland win with Duke or Kentucky talent? Why or why not? If not explain how Cal and Coach K are better. Don?t need the overall stats because I know the records, my point is would Howland or a couple other coaches do more with the talent they have? Lastly many can brag they recruited them but did these coaches recruit them or did a shoe do it?

I think you could probably argue that a shoe recruits 75-80% of college basketball players. Look at what shoe the AAU team is wearing and it's pretty easy to figure out where the kid will go to college.

Dawg2003
04-03-2019, 01:50 PM
I doubt it because Howland doesn't hold his players accountable and lets them do what they want at times. It would be worse with even bigger egos. Howland also can't coach offense very well.

smootness
04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Is Howland as good a coach as Coach K?

If not, then he probably wouldn't do as good of a job.

HooverDawg
04-03-2019, 02:36 PM
I doubt it because Howland doesn't hold his players accountable and lets them do what they want at times. It would be worse with even bigger egos. Howland also can't coach offense very well.

We had the 13th best offensive efficiency in the country this year.

MCsMGs
04-03-2019, 03:35 PM

What is your basis for these statements? Facts ,please...

Cowbell
04-03-2019, 04:47 PM
We got put out of the tournament by Liberty. I wonder what there recruiting rankings are. There is something to be said for recruiting the right type of player, not just the rating.