PDA

View Full Version : TN RPI is 7

confucius say
04-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Per warren Nolan. In baseball. We are 27. Chance to make a good jump this weekend and start positioning.

StarkVegasSteve
04-02-2019, 03:25 PM
This is a series we have to win and really could use a sweep. Favorable portion of the schedule upcoming for the next two weeks. After that it's @Arky, OM in Pearl, UGA, @A&M. That a murderous 10 game stretch. Really have to figure out the 3rd starter and bullpen issues these next two weekends.

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 05:25 PM
We have several high RPI games coming up. Mostly in the SEC. The biggest thing is really to avoid losing to someone like Texas Southern.

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 05:34 PM
And I'll add- it's starting to get to be time to pay attention to this kind of thing.

But it's also not something to worry about given our schedule as long as we win our share of games. I'm guessing that 17-18 SEC wins probably gets us a host spot. 19-20 probably gets us a National Seed.

TN- RPI 7

Bama- 54

Arkansas- 6

Georgia- 19

A&M- 13

Ole Miss- 41 yes after today's loss is factored in.

South Carolina- 62

As far as OOC- only Ole Miss and South Alabama (94) are in the top 100 and USA could certainly drop below that threshold by the end of the year. ULM is 155 and Memphis are 129. Texas Southern is 229. So we just need to win these games to maintain but I don't think losing any of them will be a death knell.

I also suspect that the committee will be lenient with us this year as long as we take care of business. We had to go on the road in the SR's to play a team with a lower RPI than us because of our ballpark construction. We've done everything we need to do so far resume' wise to this point though.

Dawg2003
04-02-2019, 06:01 PM
We need to take advantage of this weekend for sure.

Homedawg
04-02-2019, 07:36 PM
We need to take advantage of this weekend for sure.

4 out of next 6 at worst. Hope we get 5 of 6

Skydawg1
04-02-2019, 08:04 PM
ULM
@UT
@UT
@UT
USA Jags
Bama
Bama
Bama

I can't see us sweeping in Knoxville, but if that's not 7-1, we don't deserve a National Seed.

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 11:05 PM
ULM
@UT
@UT
@UT
USA Jags
Bama
Bama
Bama

I can't see us sweeping in Knoxville, but if that's not 7-1, we don't deserve a National Seed.

That's kind of an extreme statement. I think we lose two personally. Tennessee and Alabama are both improved teams. I think we will play better after LSU though.

TNDawg35
04-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Were fixing to see what kind of team we have. We can have all the talent in the world, but if their minds aren’t right, it doesn’t matter. They got plum embarrassed on TV with some huge crowds Fri and Sat. It’s time to nut up. That’s the kinda series loss that will propel a championship caliber team to get hungry again.

Todd4State
04-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Were fixing to see what kind of team we have. We can have all the talent in the world, but if their minds aren’t right, it doesn’t matter. They got plum embarrassed on TV with some huge crowds Fri and Sat. It’s time to nut up. That’s the kinda series loss that will propel a championship caliber team to get hungry again.

I agree and based on their past I expect them to respond well.

MarketingBully
04-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Per warren Nolan. In baseball. We are 27. Chance to make a good jump this weekend and start positioning.

TN being #7 is a joke. They were swept by Auburn btw. I think we easily take 2 from them and have a great chance to sweep. I think we have a great chance these next two weeks to get back right and gain some momentum for the heart of our SEC schedule. I think we will be okay.

Todd4State
04-03-2019, 08:37 AM
TN being #7 is a joke. They were swept by Auburn btw. I think we easily take 2 from them and have a great chance to sweep. I think we have a great chance these next two weeks to get back right and gain some momentum for the heart of our SEC schedule. I think we will be okay.

I don't expect Tennessee to maintain that RPI for sure. Things are still a little volitaile with RPI though and it should all come out in the wash.