PDA

View Full Version : Way too early but we are #15 in preseason

Coach007
04-01-2019, 01:40 AM
I can see us being 5-0 going into the by week.

W- Ragin cajuns
W- Southern Ms
w - KSU
W - UK
w - Auburn...

I 100% love our schedule with LSU, Bama, KSU, UK, and Ole Miss at home.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-rankings-sns-pre-preseason-top-25-for-2019/1r9osjd86wpdr1alq91g458llh

timotheus
04-01-2019, 05:46 AM
pump the brakes. when JoMo beats Auburn and is actually 5-0 then maybe folks can try to buy in. Until then It's just a lot of coach speak.

Dawg2003
04-01-2019, 05:56 AM
Those rankings are based on projection and mean nothing. You actually have to go out an win the games.

MarketingBully
04-01-2019, 06:00 AM
pump the brakes. when JoMo beats Auburn and is actually 5-0 then maybe folks can try to buy in. Until then It's just a lot of coach speak.

4-0 imo is pretty much a given. Saying we will beat Auburn to get to 5-0 isn’t that much of a stretch.

chef dixon
04-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Well guys considering we can?t actually play these games yet I?m not sure what we should talk about. Lighten up

smootness
04-01-2019, 06:37 AM

I like having KSU, UK, and OM at home. But having LSU and Bama at home is usually a bad thing for us. They're generally losses anyway, and you don't want guaranteed losses at home.

Cooterpoot
04-01-2019, 07:17 AM
I don’t believe we’re a top 25 team.

msu15
04-01-2019, 07:35 AM
If we aren't 4-0 heading in to the Auburn game we will be in for a rough 2 months following it.

MarketingBully
04-01-2019, 07:37 AM
If we aren't 4-0 heading in to the Auburn game we will be in for a rough 2 months following it.

Agreed. That four game stretch to begin the season is the easiest we’ve had in quite some time.

Jack Lambert
04-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Ya'll are a bunch of whining ass women. When we don't get any attention you bitch "they don like us" and when we do you say "we don't deserve it". I will never for the life of me ever understand a Miss State fan. Our defense is going to be really good and the offense will be improved. Do we go 5-0 I don't know but there is a good chance. We have gone to 9 bowl games the past 9 years. We are starting to get street credit and enjoy it don't bitch about.

And God forbid someone coming in here and being positive you all are like a pack of Indians on a wagon full of women.

Dental Dawg33
04-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Ya'll are a bunch of whining ass women. When we don't get any attention you bitch "they don like us" and when we do you say "we don't deserve it". I will never for the life of me ever understand a Miss State fan. Our defense is going to be really good and the offense will be improved. Do we go 5-0 I don't know but there is a good chance. We have gone to 9 bowl games the past 9 years. We are starting to get street credit and enjoy it don't bitch about.

And God forbid someone coming in here and being positive.

Amen (Slow Clap)

Coach007
04-01-2019, 08:18 AM

Yep! Will be a long... long season

msstate7
04-01-2019, 08:20 AM

And God forbid someone coming in here and being positive you all are like a pack of Indians on a wagon full of women.

As much as I dislike Moorhead, rankings like this are totally unfair to him. We aren't top 15... we just aren't. Now when we inevitably finish unranked, stupid rankings like this alienate the fanbase from joe even more.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2019, 08:24 AM
I can see us being 5-0 going into the by week.

W- Ragin cajuns
W- Southern Ms
w - KSU
W - UK
w - Auburn...

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-rankings-sns-pre-preseason-top-25-for-2019/1r9osjd86wpdr1alq91g458llh

Why is it “way to early”?

Are we going to get better or worse by our first game?

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2019, 08:26 AM
I don?t believe we?re a top 25 team.

IDK, it depends on our QB play IMO.

You could make a case that DT is the only position unit that we are substantially worse at compared to last year.

Others whether by experience or a new player, you could argue we are equal to better at.

Coach007
04-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Why is it “way to early”?

First, I think rankings should not happen until after month 1 of the season.

We don't know. Our QB could be walking to class, trip up, and break his arm on the fall. OR Our RB could tear an ACL during summer. A lot of things can happen

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2019, 08:29 AM

It’s the MSU way.

Some people in our fan base actually complain about being ranked because they think we play worse when we are. That the stupidity that exists in this fan base. Just know your audience

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2019, 08:30 AM

We don't know. Our QB could be walking to class, trip up, and break his arm on the fall. OR Our RB could tear an ACL during summer. A lot of things can happen

I get your points. I just always laugh at the “way to early” rankings because nothing really changes from Feb to Sep.

Coach007
04-01-2019, 08:30 AM
It’s the MSU way.

Some people in our fan base actually complain about being ranked because they think we play worse when we are. That the stupidity that exists in this fan base. Just know your audience

My comments were not a complaint.

Ari Gold
04-01-2019, 08:39 AM
So we complain , moan and groan when we are always disrespected in the pre season polls and never shown any love
Well this is a first, we are sour and saying we are over ranked and over hyped this year

Shit enjoy it.. maybe we will get lots of pre season hype .. The more the better.

Just because half of y’all don’t like Joe doesn’t mean you can’t pound your chest a little at the thought we might be pretty good this year..

Scared_Hitless
04-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Do we have a locked in QB starter yet, hearing rumblings that Mayden is making a push?

Todd4State
04-01-2019, 08:45 AM

It?s the MSU way.

So we complain , moan and groan when we are always disrespected in the pre season polls and never shown any love
Well this is a first, we are sour and saying we are over ranked and over hyped this year

Shit enjoy it.. maybe we will get lots of pre season hype .. The more the better.

Just because half of y?all don?t like Joe doesn?t mean you can?t pound your chest a little at the thought we might be pretty good this year..

All of these. And I think Auburn is a toss up at this point. If they lose to Oregon and A&M I feel like we probably beat them assuming we are 4-0 ourselves. If Auburn wins either Oregon or A&M or both we probably lose.

Todd4State
04-01-2019, 08:47 AM

So if this alienates the fan base and you dislike Joe isn't this what you want?

It?s the MSU way.

Just because half of y?all don?t like Joe doesn?t mean you can?t pound your chest a little at the thought we might be pretty good this year..

As much as I dislike Moorhead, rankings like this are totally unfair to him. We aren't top 15... we just aren't. Now when we inevitably finish unranked, stupid rankings like this alienate the fanbase from joe even more.

Ari Gold
04-01-2019, 08:50 AM

So outside of the bowl game ,
Joe lost to 2 teams that made the NYE 6 bowls
One that was in the championship game
And a 10 win team that won the Citrus Bowl

And btw this was the same team the year before that lost OM at home

Ari Gold
04-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Do we have a locked in QB starter yet, hearing rumblings that Mayden is making a push?

The rumblings you hear is because Mayden had a good showing in a spring practice scrimmage
In the end maybe he does beat out KT, that’s actually a good thing that means Mayden is that good

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2019, 08:56 AM
The BIG wildcard here is if Moorhead is significantly better than what he showed last year but just went through the first year issues that Saban, Smart, etc all did.

2nd year is usually when you find out what you have with a coach.

msstate7
04-01-2019, 09:01 AM
So if this alienates the fan base and you dislike Joe isn't this what you want?

No, I want joe to succeed. I just have doubts

msstate7
04-01-2019, 09:02 AM
The BIG wildcard here is if Moorhead is significantly better than what he showed last year but just went through the first year issues that Saban, Smart, etc all did.

2nd year is usually when you find out what you have with a coach.

He faces 3 2nd year sec coaches this year too... all 3 on the road

Dawgology
04-01-2019, 09:25 AM
IDK, it depends on our QB play IMO.

You could make a case that DT is the only position unit that we are substantially worse at compared to last year.

Others whether by experience or a new player, you could argue we are equal to better at.

It?s going to come down to QB. Does KT or Mayden fit better than Fitz? Can the WR Corp develop to where they catch at least 80% of the footballs that hit them in the hands? If so, we can be a dangerous team this season. Fitz makes some better reads and our WR?s don?t drop a couple easy passes last year and everyone is singing Joe praise with another 10 win season.

OSCAR
04-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Holy Cow, I liked our schedule last year. This is as favorable as it gets in the SEC West.

yjnkdawg
04-01-2019, 09:37 AM
No, I want joe to succeed. I just have doubts

So as much as you dislike JoeMo, but you still want him to succeed? Now that really makes a lot of sense** . If somebody dislikes somebody the norm is for that person to not wish them success, but just the opposite.

msstate7
04-01-2019, 09:42 AM
So as much as you dislike JoeMo, but you still want him to succeed? Now that really makes a lot of sense** . If somebody dislikes somebody the norm is for that person to not wish them success, but just the opposite.

I dislike joe as our coach. I don't know him as a person. I want him to succeed though bc he coaches my school. Pulling for him to fail is pulling for state to fail. Why is this hard to understand?

smootness
04-01-2019, 10:02 AM
So outside of the bowl game ,
Joe lost to 2 teams that made the NYE 6 bowls
One that was in the championship game
And a 10 win team that won the Citrus Bowl

And btw this was the same team the year before that lost OM at home

It has less to do with the rundown of wins and losses...because you're right that our losses were all to very good teams...and more the complete incompetence we showed on offense in basically all those losses.

Dawgbite
04-01-2019, 10:24 AM
I would feel much better if we were ranked #17 !

DancingRabbit
04-01-2019, 10:57 AM
I get your points. I just always laugh at the ?way to early? rankings because nothing really changes from Feb to Sep.

There are changes that can make a difference, but I'm not sure much of it shows up in the rankings.

Coaches leave, players get arrested, players get injured, some players don't qualify, some teams gel on their own in the off-season - some don't. Hopefully we have a lot of positive intangibles at work that can mean an extra win or two.

lastmajordog
04-01-2019, 11:10 AM
delete

Percho
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Which one?

TrapGame
04-01-2019, 12:21 PM
It has less to do with the rundown of wins and losses...because you're right that our losses were all to very good teams...and more the complete incompetence we showed on offense in basically all those losses.

If our offense had been as potent as our defense we would have been in the playoffs.

About the OP...

I think #15 may be a little high. I could see #24 or even #23 with our returning talent but #15 just screams future disappointment.

I really want to see Joe's offense start to click this season. If it's more of the same as last season then I don't see how even Schrader could save him in 2020.

smootness
04-01-2019, 12:37 PM
If our offense had been as potent as our defense we would have been in the playoffs.

Yeah, that's exactly why people were upset.

And it wasn't really about not being as good as our defense. Nobody expected the top offense in the country. But better than incompetent? Sure.

QuadrupleOption
04-01-2019, 12:50 PM

^^ This.
We've come a long way in the last 10 years. I think JoMo will take us further. If not, he'll at least hold serve until we get someone who can.

tcdog70
04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
The rumblings you hear is because Mayden had a good showing in a spring practice scrimmage
In the end maybe he does beat out KT, that’s actually a good thing that means Mayden is that good

Ari, a couple of things--everyone would feel much better about Joe-if our Wrs make the 2 catches for TDs and we win 10. Did Joe do anything more or less to have that happen? nope-all on the wrs, not making a play.

on Mayden looking better than KT--remember Kt going against the #1s and Mayden the #2s. just saying

Lord McBuckethead
04-01-2019, 04:43 PM
You cannot count UK nor Auburn wins. KSU at home seems like a better game than last year, but we had enough issues to keep all these as matchup games. This football team and staff has some work to do before I say they are going to beat anyone.