PDA

View Full Version : My take from Portland...

Rick Cleveland
03-31-2019, 06:12 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2019/03/31/need-to-blame-somebody-only-one-person-sabrina-ionescu-to-blame-for-states-loss/

MarketingBully
03-31-2019, 06:39 PM
Good take, Rick.

basedog
03-31-2019, 06:42 PM
Spot on Rick!

Lord McBuckethead
03-31-2019, 07:22 PM
Well we had 4 months to find an answer. We couldn't. We lost exactly the same way two games in a row.

MSU girls fought hard and have nothing to hang their head about. Good season. Get ready for next year.

yjnkdawg
03-31-2019, 07:32 PM
Couldn't have been more accurate. Great article.

tireddawg
03-31-2019, 07:36 PM
?Here?s the thing,? Schaefer said. ?We probably could have played it somewhere else and been on a completely neutral floor and played in front of a thousand people. Do we want that or do we want to play in that environment today? You know what, I liked playing out there today. I think my kids liked playing out there today. I was proud to be a coach in that game today.?

I get what Vic is saying, but I'd rather win with 1k people there than lose with 10k.

?The floor was shaking,? Ionescu said. ?I got goosebumps hearing them, how loud they are, supporting us. We?re definitely not taking that for granted.?

Does Ionescu have that type of game on a neutral floor?

Tbonewannabe
04-01-2019, 10:40 AM
I hate to see T graduate but I am kind of glad. I felt bad for how much the refs let the other team beat on her every night. She probably felt like she played a football game every time on the floor.

On a neutral court with refs that would actually call it fair I think we would have won. Unfortunately neither of those things are reality.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2019, 12:47 PM
?Here?s the thing,? Schaefer said. ?We probably could have played it somewhere else and been on a completely neutral floor and played in front of a thousand people. Do we want that or do we want to play in that environment today? You know what, I liked playing out there today. I think my kids liked playing out there today. I was proud to be a coach in that game today.?

I get what Vic is saying, but I'd rather win with 1k people there than lose with 10k.

?The floor was shaking,? Ionescu said. ?I got goosebumps hearing them, how loud they are, supporting us. We?re definitely not taking that for granted.?

They beat us by 4 and I gotta believe a home court advantage is worth at least 4 points. Admittedly we lost because we couldn't figure out how to stop their offense but imo if we play in front of 10k of predominantly maroon and white then we get a little extra energy and make up those 4 points.

Jack Lambert
04-01-2019, 03:51 PM
They beat us by 4 and I gotta believe a home court advantage is worth at least 4 points. Admittedly we lost because we couldn't figure out how to stop their offense but imo if we play in front of 10k of predominantly maroon and white then we get a little extra energy and make up those 4 points.

They may not have made all those threes in a hostile environment.

RocketDawg
04-01-2019, 03:57 PM
They may not have made all those threes in a hostile environment.

Maybe, but there's no question that Oregon has a very good team.

maroonmania
04-01-2019, 08:26 PM
I hate to see T graduate but I am kind of glad. I felt bad for how much the refs let the other team beat on her every night. She probably felt like she played a football game every time on the floor.

On a neutral court with refs that would actually call it fair I think we would have won. Unfortunately neither of those things are reality.

The worst part of not having many 3 point shooters this year was that it allowed teams to pack in and abuse Big T. Hated to see her get treated as she did.

R2Dawg
04-01-2019, 08:40 PM

Yeah I see what you are saying. I'd rather play in front of empty gym and win. I think Vic was saying an empty gym wouldn't have changed outcome and if that is true then rather play in good full environment. The O home crowd made a difference as most home crowds do. Vic right about D not performing well - scheme or execution? Our team really played pretty good though. Wish we had thrown in a zone 2-3 or even 1-3-1 just to make them do anything other than pick and roll and score.

Anyone else notice a habit of Sabrina? She clears out with her left arm every time. She can't drive without doing it. Every dribble drive, clearout; watch it.

Tbonewannabe
04-02-2019, 08:20 AM
The worst part of not having many 3 point shooters this year was that it allowed teams to pack in and abuse Big T. Hated to see her get treated as she did.

Having Bibby and Andrea would have made a big difference on offense.