PDA

View Full Version : Women?s basketball season

captaindog
03-31-2019, 03:53 PM
Prior to this season many stated that this would be a ?down year? due to the loss of the four starters that we were so important for the prior two years. However, I think as time passes many people will see this team was actually overachieving when everything is considered. While we had some players return with playing experience we also had to heavily rely on two players brand new to the program. Then we had to endure a season ending injury to one of our best players and most likely our most mentally strong player. We won an outright SEC Title and SEC Tournament Title. It?s very telling of your program when 33-3 and two trophies are somewhat disappointing. I?m very proud of the team and look forward to next season.

maroonmania
03-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Well, we lose 4 starters again this year. So I guess it will be another down year next year.***

R2Dawg
03-31-2019, 05:56 PM
Whether you think the team could have achieved more or not, I don't think anyone would deny that this team accomplished much - 33-3, SEC title, SECT title. I personally saw at least one more - Regional NCAAT title.

To be honest, if we were not going to win it all, I didn't want to make finals again. 3 straight losses would just be unbearable.

OSCAR
04-01-2019, 07:47 AM
Competing for national championships every stinking year should be clearing our bar for expectations with flying colors. What we have going is incredible. Look at TN women, these runs of dominance come to an end. We may not win a championship in this stretch, but what we are achieving is pretty awesome.

BeardoMSU
04-01-2019, 07:57 AM
It was a great year for the girls, no doubt. Vic has proven himself one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the country, if not #1, considering what he did with this years team.

I think most people are just pissed that the season came down to 1) playing on the road as a one-seed, with Oregon essentially having a home game, and 2) the refs taking over the ****ing game.

Scared_Hitless
04-01-2019, 08:43 AM
I honestly think this was Vic's best coaching job so far. Very limited in regards to shooting and still made the Elite 8. Now we have to replace T which will be a challenge as well as Anriel who was a force on the court. But we will be much better with perimeter shooting next year and more athletic. Still hard to fathom letting Oregon beat us with a simple pick and roll switch both games but it happens. T will be missed but I am excited to see what we can do with a team full of scorers next season.