PDA

View Full Version : Dear NCAA:

Political Hack
03-31-2019, 03:06 PM
You're sick. Making State play Oregon in Portland and having officiating like that is an embarrassment to the integrity of the game. Absolutely awful. I'm disgusted for Vic and the ladies. They deserved better.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2019, 03:07 PM
Well said.

DawgRockur
03-31-2019, 03:08 PM
The officiating went our way for 3/4 quarters. We got beat by a better team, playing a home game

R2Dawg
03-31-2019, 03:11 PM
Officiating was fair for part of game but then it went south bad. The over back calls where we were responsible for them coming over our back and T getting elbow in back all time but foul is on her?

We didn't play bad but also gift wrapped the game with no adjustment on high pick and roll. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing expected different results. That is what we did today on high pick and roll.

CadaverDawg
03-31-2019, 03:12 PM
Yep

Political Hack
03-31-2019, 03:17 PM
The officiating went our way for 3/4 quarters. We got beat by a better team, playing a home game

It was awful down the stretch, when it matters. But that shouldn't distract from the bigger issue of Oregon having a home game against us to go to the final four.

mparkerfd20
03-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Dear NCAA,

17 you. Eat shit and die.

Signed,
MSU fans everywhere

SailingDawg
03-31-2019, 03:26 PM
Officiating was fair for part of game but then it went south bad. The over back calls where we were responsible for them coming over our back and T getting elbow in back all time but foul is on her?

We didn't play bad but also gift wrapped the game with no adjustment on high pick and roll. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing expected different results. That is what we did today on high pick and roll.

T was talking to the refs after every possession late in the game. Just like against ASU she was getting elbowed in the back all game.

R2Dawg
03-31-2019, 03:30 PM
If T was coming back, Vic should send tape to officials office to educate how bad T was abused this year down low. She always got shoved in the back many times while she was in the air catching the ball. Today they called charging on her on that play. It was her fault she came down on Oregon player that pushed her legs out from under her??

Ari Gold
03-31-2019, 08:29 PM
You're sick. Making State play Oregon in Portland and having officiating like that is an embarrassment to the integrity of the game. Absolutely awful. I'm disgusted for Vic and the ladies. They deserved better.

Well then you better not check to see where the regionals are set for next year... it’s actually pretty funny.

yjnkdawg
03-31-2019, 08:56 PM
T was talking to the refs after every possession late in the game. Just like against ASU she was getting elbowed in the back all game.

It has been like that all year depending on the referees and how they officiated. With her being tall, big and stronger than all the other players on the floor, she got called for fouls when she was going for a rebound when she shouldn't have been called for one. Then if she got hacked, sometimes that wasn't called, and then some refs just let her get mugged.

yjnkdawg
03-31-2019, 09:04 PM
It was awful down the stretch, when it matters. But that shouldn't distract from the bigger issue of Oregon having a home game against us to go to the final four.

The NCAA wants the arena packed (without Oregon in the regional it wouldn't be) and more money generated, and ESPN would not want to scan the stands with their cameras and show a sparse crowd in attendance. It's not fair to us or Louisville, but it is what it is.

Jack Lambert
03-31-2019, 09:05 PM
Get ready because this kind of stuff is going to happen in Baseball, Basketball and football going forward. The Pac 12 has not been relevant in any sports for several years. Too much population on the West Coast for it not to be. The NCAA is going to go over board trying to help the Pack 12. Watch it is coming and we as State fans better be ready when regional season comes around in baseball.

RocketDawg
04-01-2019, 04:20 PM

As I recall, the officiating was pretty good except in the 3rd quarter. It was like the original crew had gone somewhere else for that quarter. What we consider "pretty good" might actually be officiating in our favor, if you asked an Oregon fan.

gravedigger
04-01-2019, 07:57 PM

Dear fan,

Champions win in spite of all that.

I believe Jackie Sherrill once expressed that idea.

Sincerely,

Mark Keenum and the rest of the school administrators who make up the NCAA

Howboutdemdogs
04-02-2019, 08:25 PM
I agree,,,, we should have not been playing in Portland, or Oregon should have been playing elsewhere with travel. Plus, as for the refs,,,,it was a “hack fest”! I could not believe the pushing, shoving, leaning, and hand checking allowed by the Ducks. It was awful!

Political Hack
04-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Dear fan,

Champions win in spite of all that.

I believe Jackie Sherrill once expressed that idea.

Sincerely,

Mark Keenum and the rest of the school administrators who make up the NCAA

Did Oregon have to win despite all that? I'll answer for you: NOPE.

So it wasn't really a fair contest was it? To make a 1 play a 2 all the way across the country is unacceptable.

StarkVegasSteve
04-03-2019, 10:19 AM
You could've played that game in Starkville, Portland, Eugene, or Reykjavik, Iceland. Oregon just flat beat us because they shot the ball extremely well. The officials didn't make the balls go in, and neither did the crowd. Sometimes you get beat by a hot shooting team. Were there some bad calls? Yep. But there's bad calls every game. Ionescu was the best player on the court and she showed why. We had no one who could stop her. And by the way, we played really well. 90% of the time if you turn the ball over less than 10 times you're going to win. If you're PG has a stat line of 15 and 13 and 0 TO, you're supposed to win. Bottom line is that we got beat by a VERY good 3pt shooting team.

Political Hack
04-03-2019, 10:45 AM
You don't think that energy in that arena fed their shooting and their defense? There's no such thing as "tired" for the home team in those environments.

I'm glad Vic took the high road and didn't complain. That's the job of our AD. Hopefully he does it behind closed doors and in a tactful manner, but our women's program deserves better considering the amount of resources we've put into it. The ncaa's biggest non-championship game in the last decade was us beating UCONN. We're one of the teams making the sport relevant again, but still get treated like a red headed step child in our own bracket. If the men had been treated this way y'all would be up in arms.

StarkVegasSteve
04-03-2019, 11:28 AM
The NCAA is about the money. What's Cohen going to say really? Is he really going to demand the NCAA put regionals in sites that don't give a flip or have a rooting interest just for the sake of being fair. I mean they could've put the West regional in Boise, ID but there'd have been about 500 people there or they could've sent Louisville to the West and there would've been 1500 people at a regional final. Neither of those things really grow the game. Women's basketball isn't a nationally relevant sport. It's very relevant in certain parts of the country, including Starkville and Eugene. But you've got to go where there's a chance to make money and places where people care. The men's tournament can go anywhere and it's going to do well. The men's tournament would sell out the Staples Center, but the women's tournament might draw 2000. It's why the men's Final Four is in a 65K seat stadium that it will sell out and the women are playing in a 20K seat arena that probably won't sell out. I thought Sunday was a great environment for women's college basketball and I think anybody who was in that arena or played in that game would agree. At the end of the day, it may not be fair, but remember this: I seriously doubt Michigan St thought it was very fair 3 years ago when they were a 4 seed and had to play against us, the 5 seed, on our home court to go to the S16.

Political Hack
04-03-2019, 05:17 PM
He's gonna say "I can invest money in this and title IX actually meant something or i can invest it in something else. Let me know."

timotheus
04-03-2019, 05:32 PM
I see nothing wrong with having regionals in memphis or New Orleans....... Southhaven...

Political Hack
04-03-2019, 06:31 PM
I see nothing wrong with having regionals in memphis or New Orleans....... Southhaven...

Tupelo, Biloxi, Atlanta, Mobile, Birmingham, Nashville, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, etc...

If a place can host a 60,000+ football game, it can host a women's basketball regional.

RocketDawg
04-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Tupelo, Biloxi, Atlanta, Mobile, Birmingham, Nashville, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, etc...

If a place can host a 60,000+ football game, it can host a women's basketball regional.

Except for the Final Four, you probably don't want a really large facility because it would look emptier.

I don't think you'll ever see a regional in a town as small as Tupelo. Biloxi might even be marginal if it wasn't on the coast.