PDA

View Full Version : Quit Your Spoiled Ass Panicking

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Baseball season is a journey. There will be ups and downs for every team in the country, even the one that wins the national championship.

The panicking is complete ignorance by those that don?t quite understand this sport or have trouble transitioning from sports where there is a greater sense of urgency.

We have an outstanding baseball team that just played bad this weekend vs another outstanding baseball team. Don?t let our hot start and LSU?s slow start fool you. While we have more power throughout our lineup, they are way more athletic, faster, and better defensively. We are a Omaha caliber team & that doesn?t change because we just lost to another potential Omaha caliber team if their pitching holds up.

This is the first trial this team has had in a long time and I expect they?ll respond with flying colors but the freaking out is stupid. This is a good baseball, championship caliber team that is just now seeing their weakenesses.

All I care about is winning the national championship. SEC titles do nothing for you. Whatever gives us the best chance of winning in Omaha is all I care about

Bdawg
03-30-2019, 06:50 PM
I agree. I'm just pissed we lost to them. At home. Again.
Also, you telling people not to melt is hilarious! True post though. It's a marathon.

msstate7
03-30-2019, 06:54 PM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?73653-Baseball-Thoughts&p=1086857

BuckyIsAB****
03-30-2019, 07:23 PM
I think it will be ok in the long run but we made a lot of simple stupid mistakes this weekend. We looked unfocused. I think we bought into our own hype after Thursday night, got caught up in the new dude and how great we were

West Tn Dawg
03-30-2019, 07:28 PM
I'm no where near panicking for the season. Just pissed as hell about the last two and half games!!!!

Commercecomet24
03-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Gun we don't always agree but you're dead on accurate here. Baseball is a different animal. Long season with lots of ups and downs. This is a team full of ballers and grinders. Skelton has taken some heat on here but i understand he was not happy with some of the effort the last 2 days and is rattling some cages. He's showing that he's become quite a leader on this team. Long season and everyone needs to relax. We're a NC caliber team and it will show over the long haul

I seen it dawg
03-30-2019, 07:34 PM
The melt by some of the people here is the same as the players taking the pats on the back and just throwing their gloves out there expecting LSU to roll over. Stupid. All should learn from it.

BuckyIsAB****
03-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Gun we don't always agree but you're dead on accurate here. Baseball is a different animal. Long season with lots of ups and downs. This is a team full of ballers and grinders. Skelton has taken some heat on here but i understand he was not happy with some of the effort the last 2 days and is rattling some cages. He's showing that he's become quite a leader on this team. Long season and everyone needs to relax. We're a NC caliber team and it will show over the long haul

This team has been thru far worse than this. Esp our core players

CadaverDawg
03-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah there's a few folks melting, but most are just pissed we lost to those carnival working, corn dog smelling bastards again. We'll be fine, just gotta fix some things.

That being said, I literally laughed when I saw who created this thread. The irony is fantastic

West Tn Dawg
03-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Yeah there's a few folks melting, but most are just pissed we lost to those carnival working, corn dog smelling bastards again. We'll be fine, just gotta fix some things.

That being said, I literally laughed when I saw who created this thread. The irony is fantastic

I'm with you.
Even if we went undefeated and won the CWS, today would still suck. We didn't melt nearly as bad as the team did.

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 07:46 PM
I think it will be ok in the long run but we made a lot of simple stupid mistakes this weekend. We looked unfocused. I think we bought into our own hype after Thursday night, got caught up in the new dude and how great we were

It’s baseball. We hit a bunch of hard balls today that a foot in any direction different and the series is changed.

I seen it dawg
03-30-2019, 07:46 PM
I hate losing to the corn dogs in baseball almost and right next to shitbirds in football.

I seen it dawg
03-30-2019, 07:47 PM
It’s baseball. We hit a bunch of hard balls today that a foot in any direction different and the series is changed.

Sorry but baseball karma decided the series was over when Skelton pulled his stupid ****ing move Thur night on the bases.

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 07:49 PM

Gotta separate football/recruiting Shotgun from baseball Shotgun. You know that.....

CadaverDawg
03-30-2019, 07:54 PM
Gotta separate football/recruiting Shotgun from baseball Shotgun. You know that.....

Yeah, I know you know your baseball stuff, but you gotta admit it's funny. Would be like me starting a "always respect the head coach" thread, ha

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I know you know your baseball stuff, but you gotta admit it's funny. Would be like me starting a "always respect the head coach" thread, ha

I know. It’s bi-polar.

I seen it dawg
Now that's some comedy lol

msstate7

Haha

Saltydog
03-30-2019, 08:01 PM

THIS RIGHT HERE.....

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 08:03 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is what ISID said and sort of if I interpreted his interview correctly what Jake Mangum kind of alluded to about our guys patting themselves on the back.

It's absolutely frustrating to me as a fan for a team that while off to a great start and has a lot of potential to be very good- and heck maybe even win a National Championship- for the team to just think that they are going to beat everyone because they show up and they are great and swell and all of that and then they lose focus and get their ass kicked in. It has happened too much to MSU baseball teams through the year. And probably a factor as to why we don't have a National Championship. You have to bring it everyday at 100% to win the SEC and win the National Championship. I don't know how you fix it because it's a mindset. Fans are going to tell players that they are awesome when they do well- but I'm just tired of lack of humbleness and the lack of respect for the game in general and the fact that we have to have something like this weekend to re-focus. Our players don't handle success well. They don't handle having the target on their back well. Our players need to be 100% focused on one thing and that's winning the National Championship because all of the rankings and people telling them how great they are is all bullshit until they actual accomplish winning in Omaha.

I can handle losing. Not well, but I understand it happens. But the shitshow this weekend especially today was completely unacceptable for a MSU team. Just a complete and absolute meltdown that really shouldn't have happened the way it did.

I'll run it down:

Pitching- Foxhall has to get our guys to attack the strike zone better. Keegan James should be able to go five innings at this point in his career. Our bullpen has been bad and inconsistent lately in general. He needs to fix that. I don't really understand it because we looked really good early in the year and borderline dominant and it's never the same guys performing well or doing bad.

Defense- WTF? That about sums it up. People not communicating in the outfield. Throwing the ball away. Not making plays at first. Catchers throwing the ball into CF. Basically it comes down to lack of focus. Put Hatcher at first base please.

Hitting- probably the least of my concerns. We hit a lot of balls hard but a couple of guys struggling are creating holes in our lineup right now. Today we almost got shut out and may have had Richard Adkerson not donated a lot of money to stick the outfield wall out a little more.

Baserunning- Probably a botched hit and run and also getting our freaking catcher thrown out at third to end the inning. Need to clean that up.

It absolutely sucks that for our team to function we have to create our own adversity.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Yeah, it's mind boggling that a program with zero national championships has issues with thinking they're too good at times. We should be the hungriest damn athletic department in the World. There should be no "letting up" when you've never won the big one before in any sport. But like you said, it's mental...and easier said than done to change that mentality.

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 08:35 PM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?73653-Baseball-Thoughts&p=1086857

Ouch! Seriously it?s a series we got our ass whipped. It happens and I?ll say this to the deaf IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Grow balls and shut up. We are good but not that great. You don?t win a Natty because some of y?all call it. You have to win it and last I checked our opponents have the same goals

Dawg2003
03-30-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm to the point that I really think this team just feeds off being bitch slapped and told they're awful. The mindset of this team just can't handle any success. Don't get me wrong. We have problems we need to fix. But our problems last year were a lot worse.

I'm also really tired of our fans making this LSU series out to be some huge thing. It's not. It's just three games that we play every year. LSU has very little to do with the trajectory of our program overall. Do you think they really care about us? No, they don't.

Skydawg1
03-30-2019, 08:47 PM
At this point we should almost feel honored that they get so jacked up for us, that maybe...just maybe...they're our real rival.

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Ouch! Seriously it?s a series we got our ass whipped. It happens and I?ll say this to the deaf IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Grow balls and shut up. We are good but not that great. You don?t win a Natty because some of y?all call it. You have to win it and last I checked our opponents have the same goals

You're predicting that we're going to lose another series this year? Bold.**

I'm to the point that I really think this team just feeds off being bitch slapped and told they're awful. The mindset of this team just can't handle any success. Don't get me wrong. We have problems we need to fix. But our problems last year were a lot worse.

I'm also really tired of our fans making this LSU series out to be some huge thing. It's not. It's just three games that we play every year. LSU has very little to do with the trajectory of our program overall. Do you think they really care about us? No, they don't.

You're right. And that's the bad thing about our team right now because the only motivation that they need is to win the National Championship.

maroonmania
03-30-2019, 08:56 PM
I'll run it down:

Pitching- Foxhall has to get our guys to attack the strike zone better. Keegan James should be able to go five innings at this point in his career. Our bullpen has been bad and inconsistent lately in general. He needs to fix that. I don't really understand it because we looked really good early in the year and borderline dominant and it's never the same guys performing well or doing bad.

Defense- WTF? That about sums it up. People not communicating in the outfield. Throwing the ball away. Not making plays at first. Catchers throwing the ball into CF. Basically it comes down to lack of focus. Put Hatcher at first base please.

Hitting- probably the least of my concerns. We hit a lot of balls hard but a couple of guys struggling are creating holes in our lineup right now. Today we almost got shut out and may have had Richard Adkerson not donated a lot of money to stick the outfield wall out a little more.

Baserunning- Probably a botched hit and run and also getting our freaking catcher thrown out at third to end the inning. Need to clean that up.

It absolutely sucks that for our team to function we have to create our own adversity.

I'll throw in my comments on these areas:

Pitching- We've got to find some more guys that can locate pitches and have command of the strike zone. Half of LSU's runs today came as the result of walks and wild pitches. Nothing more frustrating than watching Keegan James with 2 outs wild pitch a guy from 2nd to 3rd and then from 3rd to home and THEN get the strikeout. Damage is already done. And across the board we threw a slew of 55 foot curveballs while also issuing free passes. LSU's staff may not be great but they don't beat themselves, they make you earn it. And I thought Plumlee pitched well the first 2 innings minus the mistake to Duplantis. Why pull him so early?

Defense- One of the worst displays of defense over an SEC weekend I can ever remember. Looked like we had a HS infield out there while LSU had a major league infield the difference was so substantial. I can't remember one play made all weekend that wasn't totally routine. Any ball LSU put in play that wasn't a Sunday hop resulted in another LSU baserunner. Outfield had some issues as well but the infield play was horrendous. I HOPE that was a 3 game aberration.

Hitting- Only thing I'll add here is that the 2 biggest holes in the lineup right now are Tanner Allen and Gunner Halter. Bad part about that is that both are liabilities in the field as well. That's a really bad combination.

Baserunning- Skelton had 2 costly outs on the basepaths this weekend. One was just a really bad decision and the other may have been a hit and run, but why send your catcher in that situation when you know a swing through is pretty much an automatic out at 2nd?

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 09:06 PM
The funny thing is how did y’all rate this at 24-3. We have shit the bed the last 2 games but the guys haven’t all of of sudden turned shitty. Maybe we played a couple teams that brought shit together and we digressed the last few games. It’s too early to panic and believe it’s a common problem

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 09:06 PM
I'll throw in my comments on these areas:

Pitching- We've got to find some more guys that can locate pitches and have command of the strike zone. Half of LSU's runs today came as the result of walks and wild pitches. Nothing more frustrating than watching Keegan James with 2 outs wild pitch a guy from 2nd to 3rd and then from 3rd to home and THEN get the strikeout. Damage is already done. And across the board we threw a slew of 55 foot curveballs while also issuing free passes. LSU's staff may not be great but they don't beat themselves, they make you earn it. And I thought Plumlee pitched well the first 2 innings minus the mistake to Duplantis. Why pull him so early?

Defense- One of the worst displays of defense over an SEC weekend I can ever remember. Looked like we had a HS infield out there while LSU had a major league infield the difference was so substantial. I can't remember one play made all weekend that wasn't totally routine. Any ball LSU put in play that wasn't a Sunday hop resulted in another LSU baserunner. Outfield had some issues as well but the infield play was horrendous. I HOPE that was a 3 game aberration.

Hitting- Only thing I'll add here is that the 2 biggest holes in the lineup right now are Tanner Allen and Gunner Halter. Bad part about that is that both are liabilities in the field as well. That's a really bad combination.

Baserunning- Skelton had 2 costly outs on the basepaths this weekend. One was just a really bad decision and the other may have been a hit and run, but why send your catcher in that situation when you know a swing through is pretty much an automatic out at 2nd?

I agree. I think the thing about Plumlee and other pitching moves for that matter is that Lemonis/Foxhall come up with this gameplan and are too rigid with it. Let's say Plumlee struck 9 guys in a row. Well, they're going to pull because the plan was for him to go through the order once. They need more flexibility. Like- hey, Plumlee looks good let's give him another inning and if gets in trouble we'll have Keegan ready. Or Gordon is our closer and we're only going to throw him one inning no matter what.

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 09:09 PM
The funny thing is how did y’all rate this at 24-3. We have shit the bed the last 2 games but the guys haven’t all of of sudden turned shitty. Maybe we played a couple teams that brought shit together and we digressed the last few games. It’s too early to panic and believe it’s a common problem

No one is saying that the team is shitty. Everyone is saying that they played shitty and it's unacceptable. No one is panicking here either. Everyone is very unhappy with the performance. I don't believe that the team is happy either. But it's their own damn fault.

AlSwearengen
03-30-2019, 09:31 PM
The biggest glaring weaknesses to me is our inconsistency in the bullpen and middle infield defense.

We have pitchers that look great, locating well and spinning their curves one day and then the next, they are throwing batting practice. It is one thing to have a bad outing here and there but it is happening too often. I’m beginning to worry that we just don’t have good enough talent there.

On the infield, we aren’t going to take hits away from other teams but we have to make all of the routine plays. Halter is driving me crazy at the plate and Tanner has got to make the pitcher bring the ball down. I don’t remember him having this love affair with the high fastball last year but it is killing him now and teams have taken notice.

weblow
03-30-2019, 10:42 PM
My 2 cents and it isn’t worth that but I have watched every game either in person or streaming if available.

Pitching-we dominated early on because we threw strikes. We almost threw too many strikes. We have great command of our FB’s but our junk balls are not high normally thrown for a ton of strikes. Auburn and now LSU were able to come in and mainly sit on fastballs. The majority of time they were going to be thrown for strikes and they locked in on them. That was the strategy. One of the dead give-a-ways was the number of times LSU swung early on our FB’s. You don’t see that a ton, swinging early on a 95mph fastball. We need to get better command of the offspeed, especially out of the bullpen. Sunday - we gotta figure it out. This team isn’t built to do what we did today running new pitchers out there each inning.

Hitting - I am not worried about hitting. We scortched a lot of balls today and they were just hit right at people or LSU made plays. They defended the hell out of the field.

Fielding - The lack of communication is an issue. It is one thing to have it happen once but several times over the weekend is crap. Foscue is a 1/2 second slow to react compared to what a normal 3rd baseman is. He doesn’t even have time to dive at a ball because it is passed him by the time he begins to react. Not certain we can improve much with that. We need his bat. Westy - Needs to control his emotion a little. You can see him talking to himself and almost sped up before the ball is even hit. Just watching him warm up at the top of each inning you will see him field a ball then make a poor throw to first. That leads to him pacing around and almost getting more worked up. He may be the best athlete on the damn field in all honesty. If he can just breathe a little out there and settle in, he is going to make a great shortstop. We need his bat. Gunner, I am just not really impressed. Again, terribly slow to react and I would almost rather us run a freshmen out there that is going to make the same mistakes but atleast get that experience. Just crazy slow. I knew we would miss Stovall but damn, I think we can do better at 2nd. 1st - I don’t know if TA is in his own head or what but he is just off right now. Again, slow to react and just seems to be the least engaged of all of them. I think we HAVE TO sit him for at least a game or two and put Hatcher in. I think he needs that competition to snap out of whatever this is. No part of his game looks good right now.

The one thing in common with all of this is that I would be curious as to how Cohen had us practice infield vs what we are doing now. We don’t look comfortable when a ground ball is hit right at us and we don’t field it out in front, we let it get in on us and just don’t use good fundamentals. The reason I bring up Cohen is that his infield always used excellent fundamentals and was solid. Hell, he took Collins, a damn catcher, and had him serviceable at 3rd. Us looking uncomfortable isn’t new to this weekend.....we just ran out of luck and won’t be able to hide it in the SEC.

Long season and we will get better. This one just stings because I think everyone, including the players, were dreaming about sweeping LSU and never even considered we would lose the series. We need to bounce back strong and throw a couple sweeps in somewhere.

No reason to panic but I think we know what the issues are. Now Lemonis gets to earn his check and fix them.

weblow
03-30-2019, 10:50 PM
One more thing I will add that I have noticed this year and may be completely wrong about. Brandon and his crew do the best damn job I have ever seen with the playing surface. But it seems they have been asked to change something and I am curious if anyone else has noticed.

For years, or at least since Cohen got here, we almost over-watered the infield. So much so that they had trouble keeping the grass looking right in front of home because it would be so overwatered that ground balls would rip it up. The goal, as I have read somewhere with Cohen was to keep the infield so wet or damp that a ball never hopped higher than 6 inches off the ground. The belief was that it slowed the ball down and made for less bad hops. Remember all the pitchers slipping when trying to field bunts. The grass was soaked.

This weekend the ball hopped a lot off the bat. Seemed to have a lot more bounce and almost get on defenders quicker.

Just wonder if there is different direction to Brandon and his crew on this. Yes both teams play on the same infield but it just seemed to be a pretty big difference this weekend compared to years past.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:27 PM

Yep, I agree CD (still laughing).

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 11:35 PM
My 2 cents and it isn’t worth that but I have watched every game either in person or streaming if available.

Pitching-we dominated early on because we threw strikes. We almost threw too many strikes. We have great command of our FB’s but our junk balls are not high normally thrown for a ton of strikes. Auburn and now LSU were able to come in and mainly sit on fastballs. The majority of time they were going to be thrown for strikes and they locked in on them. That was the strategy. One of the dead give-a-ways was the number of times LSU swung early on our FB’s. You don’t see that a ton, swinging early on a 95mph fastball. We need to get better command of the offspeed, especially out of the bullpen. Sunday - we gotta figure it out. This team isn’t built to do what we did today running new pitchers out there each inning.

Hitting - I am not worried about hitting. We scortched a lot of balls today and they were just hit right at people or LSU made plays. They defended the hell out of the field.

Fielding - The lack of communication is an issue. It is one thing to have it happen once but several times over the weekend is crap. Foscue is a 1/2 second slow to react compared to what a normal 3rd baseman is. He doesn’t even have time to dive at a ball because it is passed him by the time he begins to react. Not certain we can improve much with that. We need his bat. Westy - Needs to control his emotion a little. You can see him talking to himself and almost sped up before the ball is even hit. Just watching him warm up at the top of each inning you will see him field a ball then make a poor throw to first. That leads to him pacing around and almost getting more worked up. He may be the best athlete on the damn field in all honesty. If he can just breathe a little out there and settle in, he is going to make a great shortstop. We need his bat. Gunner, I am just not really impressed. Again, terribly slow to react and I would almost rather us run a freshmen out there that is going to make the same mistakes but atleast get that experience. Just crazy slow. I knew we would miss Stovall but damn, I think we can do better at 2nd. 1st - I don’t know if TA is in his own head or what but he is just off right now. Again, slow to react and just seems to be the least engaged of all of them. I think we HAVE TO sit him for at least a game or two and put Hatcher in. I think he needs that competition to snap out of whatever this is. No part of his game looks good right now.

The one thing in common with all of this is that I would be curious as to how Cohen had us practice infield vs what we are doing now. We don’t look comfortable when a ground ball is hit right at us and we don’t field it out in front, we let it get in on us and just don’t use good fundamentals. The reason I bring up Cohen is that his infield always used excellent fundamentals and was solid. Hell, he took Collins, a damn catcher, and had him serviceable at 3rd. Us looking uncomfortable isn’t new to this weekend.....we just ran out of luck and won’t be able to hide it in the SEC.

Long season and we will get better. This one just stings because I think everyone, including the players, were dreaming about sweeping LSU and never even considered we would lose the series. We need to bounce back strong and throw a couple sweeps in somewhere.

No reason to panic but I think we know what the issues are. Now Lemonis gets to earn his check and fix them.

Good thoughts. Agree with everything.

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 11:57 PM
See I don?t know the rules but I think it?s sad that is ok to rail on a group of players having a bad week or a coach that continues to play them. I guess my point is when will the negativity stop

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2019, 12:20 AM
See I don?t know the rules but I think it?s sad that is ok to rail on a group of players having a bad week or a coach that continues to play them. I guess my point is when will the negativity stop

Grow a pear ��

Todd4State
03-31-2019, 12:44 AM

The "negativity" will stop when they start playing up to their potential and start playing the game at an acceptable standard.

If this weekend was "OK" to you then you need to start wearing Bad News Bears gear and support them.

msstate7
03-31-2019, 07:10 AM
Grow a pear ��

Yeah, mango up! Peach it, gun**

basedog
03-31-2019, 07:17 AM
I'd say since this a message board you guys have beat this situation to death. Time to move on, it's what baseball players and Coaches do.

I seen it dawg
03-31-2019, 09:15 AM
One more thing I will add that I have noticed this year and may be completely wrong about. Brandon and his crew do the best damn job I have ever seen with the playing surface. But it seems they have been asked to change something and I am curious if anyone else has noticed.

For years, or at least since Cohen got here, we almost over-watered the infield. So much so that they had trouble keeping the grass looking right in front of home because it would be so overwatered that ground balls would rip it up. The goal, as I have read somewhere with Cohen was to keep the infield so wet or damp that a ball never hopped higher than 6 inches off the ground. The belief was that it slowed the ball down and made for less bad hops. Remember all the pitchers slipping when trying to field bunts. The grass was soaked.

This weekend the ball hopped a lot off the bat. Seemed to have a lot more bounce and almost get on defenders quicker.

Just wonder if there is different direction to Brandon and his crew on this. Yes both teams play on the same infield but it just seemed to be a pretty big difference this weekend compared to years past.

This is an outstanding observation. With our defense right now I'd say we may need to water it a little more to help.

I seen it dawg
03-31-2019, 09:24 AM
All this wkd is is what Mangum alluded to and what I was cussing about Thur the moment Skelton tried to go first to third. We, nor does any athlete, handle pats on the back really well if they listen to them at all. We listened to them. And as a team we got punched in the balls because of it. Will they respond.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2019, 09:55 AM
Btw, the SEC title in baseball has become a farce since the league expanded to 14 teams. I football, teams play different schedules but at least there is a Championship game to decide the damn thing.

This year MSU doesn't have the two worst teams in the league on their schedule in Kentucky and Mizzou. So we probably aren't going to win the SEC title while other teams sweep those two clubs.

That being said, it has nothing to do with regional seeding due to RPI

msstate7
03-31-2019, 09:58 AM
Btw, the SEC title in baseball has become a farce since the league expanded to 14 teams. I football, teams play different schedules but at least there is a Championship game to decide the damn thing.

This year MSU doesn't have the two worst teams in the league on their schedule in Kentucky and Mizzou. So we probably aren't going to win the SEC title while other teams sweep those two clubs.

That being said, it has nothing to do with regional seeding due to RPI

Speaking of, we have work to do...

RPI = 27th
SOS = 113th

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2019, 10:06 AM

RPI = 27th
SOS = 113th

We'll be fine in that regard

CadaverDawg
03-31-2019, 10:43 AM
I'd say since this a message board you guys have beat this situation to death. Time to move on, it's what baseball players and Coaches do.

Just don't open the thread again if you don't want to see any negatives after a series loss. It's pretty simple. Why does it need to be said every week? Don't like discussing the good AND the bad, then don't read the threads, especially after losses.

basedog
03-31-2019, 11:02 AM
Just don't open the thread again if you don't want to see any negatives after a series loss. It's pretty simple. Why does it need to be said every week? Don't like discussing the good AND the bad, then don't read the threads, especially after losses.

I just read some this thread. Didn't bash any poster, I was talking about baseball players and coaches. Come on man!

maroonmania
03-31-2019, 01:18 PM

You have to be joking. This team has had nothing but praise heaped on it for weeks. Then we play like crap against our biggest baseball rival at home and we are expected to just be all sunshine and rainbows? I'm thinking too much positive talk about this team had them believing their own press clippings. They need to not worry about what's being said either direction and get back to work trying to improve.

MarketingBully
03-31-2019, 01:52 PM

RPI = 27th
SOS = 113th

If we keep winning we will be a national seed. RPI is a joke metric.

Todd4State
03-31-2019, 02:01 PM
All this wkd is is what Mangum alluded to and what I was cussing about Thur the moment Skelton tried to go first to third. We, nor does any athlete, handle pats on the back really well if they listen to them at all. We listened to them. And as a team we got punched in the balls because of it. Will they respond.

This absolutely pisses me off. They shouldn't be satisfied with any pats on the back until they win a National Championship. They need to go on a scorched earth tour in the meantime.