PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues streaming the game thru Roku? I keep getting a

Saltydog
03-30-2019, 01:37 PM
playback error message? I've tried everything I know how to do.

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 02:08 PM
We just had to unplug to reboot, 1'st time it has happened this game.

RocketDawg
03-30-2019, 02:18 PM
It's working fine for me.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Based on yalls threads, I'd never buy Roku. Seems like it's always screwing up on yall

RocketDawg
03-30-2019, 03:46 PM
Well, I just had the problem too. I don't think it's Roku, it's ESPN. I signed out, then signed back in and it's working now. The game is still in a weather delay though. Radar looks like not much on it.

civildawg
03-30-2019, 03:50 PM
It?s not Roku. It?s espn. Everything else works perfectly fine

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Based on yalls threads, I'd never buy Roku. Seems like it's always screwing up on yall

The thing about Roku. CDawg it's an easy way to get Watch ESPN on the TV and they offer other things. The error message that we are talking about only happens to us is only when some commercials begin. Usually we just change channels and change back, this is the only time we have had to reboot.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 10:43 PM
The ROKU Stick worked fine today, but the Ultra still was blanking out (blank blue screen) and then would have framing issues issues after that and then it would blank out again and no issues. Back and forth. I think the Ultra may have gotten damaged in shipping , but I.m going to let ROKU know about the Ultra's issue and see what their opinion is, since the Stick had no video issues. That error message is definitely an ESPN glitch. An error message saying that "This channel is not in your TV package" has nothing to do with ROKU. I clicked OK , as I got it one time on the Stick and one time on the Ultra and signed back in with no problem.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:01 PM

I had been in contact with ROKU, since March 15th when I was trying to watch our game with FL, and the video was choppy, and ESPN said I had a internet speed problem (which I didn't ). It was confirmed by AT&T that it was a framing issue and not a speed issue. I had sent a lot of info to ROKU on what I did and what I experienced. They contacted me for some additional information specific to my ROKU devices and to give them an Issue ID code on my devices, which they told me how to retrieve. Then this past Thursday they emailed me that they were escalating the case to their engineering group to investigate the issue, and to hopefully get a quicker resolution. They also told me that they would notify me when the issue was resolved. A good many ROKU users experienced this problem, from what I heard. I don't know yet if it was an ESPN problem or a ROKU problem or both. So I have no issue with ROKU. Prior to March 15th, ROKU had been 1080P HD quality video on the ESPN App.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:13 PM
It's working fine for me.

Glad to hear that.

confucius say
03-31-2019, 10:33 AM
Had the same problem on my roku tv. But it was only the Espn app. All else worked fine.

The weird thing was the Espn app worked fine on my phone. So there is a breakdown somewhere with the app and roku that doesn't exist with the app and my phone.

yjnkdawg
03-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Had the same problem on my roku tv. But it was only the Espn app. All else worked fine.

The weird thing was the Espn app worked fine on my phone. So there is a breakdown somewhere with the app and roku that doesn't exist with the app and my phone.

It was the same on my ROKU Stick. Apparently they have the framing refresh issue solved. The error messages are ESPN related, and have nothing to do with ROKU.